trend I am seeing in Pugs... War's only

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Itchen.8754

Itchen.8754

So as of late i’ve been using the Gw2lfg site and well im starting to get really annoyed of groups wanting X class only .. mainly warriors!

What is the point of a game with no holy trinity and a mixture of classes if the class you want to play is not wanted?

I really hope the patch on the 28th touches on this.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

The ones that want wars only are normally noobs that don’t know how to play. They normally don’t say but its the Berserker warriors that they want. Good only for AC and CoF.
CoE, HotW, Arah normally kicks their kitten
It’s the run fast elitist groups that want DPS only.
Don’t worry, type your own LFG and you will probably end up with a normal group

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

Ever notice how those people are rarely warriors themselves? Kinda funny…

Well if you can’t beat ’em you could always join them by starting your own groups and asking for warriors >_>

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

i would expect this to change monday, WAR are a bit OP in the game atm, and they should either be getting tonned down in the patch, or others getting buffed up some to where this will change a bit.

Also, most of these groups that are WAR only actually suck due to the sheer number of ppl who have quickly leveled a war just because of their want and many of them suck and just hold back the group.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Warriors are just the way to go. Even in Arah we use 4 berserker warriors and 1 guardian, because its just speeds everything up so much.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The ones that want wars only are normally noobs that don’t know how to play. They normally don’t say but its the Berserker warriors that they want. Good only for AC and CoF.

I’m sure Robert Hrouda will have the dungeons all fixed so there are no really farmable paths soon enough.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Kazin.2073

Kazin.2073

I’m sorry but your kind of missing the whole point. Warriors that run the full zerker builds are some of the highest dps in the game, but they have low survivability compared to alot of other classes.

Against content that is not particularly threatening you might as well run maximum dps group setups for faster runs. There is a reason you don’t see LF2M FoTM 40 Full zerker Warriors only .

Its not that warriors are too strong, that build is balanced by its lack of survivability, its that the path’s are imbalanced.

With that being said….

You wouldn’t see the same treatment of warriors in sPvP situations. That is reserved for the likes of theif/mesmer/ele. Gotta look on both side of the fence before calling for nerfs

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

You sir have no idea what your talking about i don’t ever go into COE, ARAH, TA or any dungeon to be honest without full zerker gear. Only time I don’t is for fotm30+.

When I make a group for any dungeon I always put zerker preferred because as any good player knows dodge is your friend and every path of every dungeon is easily done with multiple zerkers. This is the only way to combat the insane hp bosses have in this game. Anet thinks difficulty means add more hp

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You sir have no idea what your talking about i don’t ever go into COE, ARAH, TA or any dungeon to be honest without full zerker gear. Only time I don’t is for fotm30+.

When I make a group for any dungeon I always put zerker preferred because as any good player knows dodge is your friend and every path of every dungeon is easily done with multiple zerkers. This is the only way to combat the insane hp bosses have in this game. Anet thinks difficulty means add more hp

He’s actually right, average zerker warrior spends a vast amount on time on the floor or is using life-stealing food to compensate for health loss.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I approve. The master class needs more followers.

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Warriors are attractive in a pick up environment because they are by far the easiest class to play in PvE, and the Berserker Warrior is essentially ’baby’s first DPS’; it’s an easy way to make sure you’re getting some damage output that any idiot you find can succeed with.

Their performance isn’t that different from the other classes in the hands of a good player, but you can’t guarantee a good player when you’re inviting semi-blindly.

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Its hard to argue that warriors do the best dps when played well. But even a poorly played warrior is way better than any other class played poorly. Odds are you’ll get more dps from any old kitten of a warrior.

Myself I take any profession in a group but when I see 4 warriors in my group I know that stuff WILL die quickly even if they have not so good gear or experience.

Posted by: Zartheon.5874

Zartheon.5874

He’s actually right, average zerker warrior spends a vast amount on time on the floor or is using life-stealing food to compensate for health loss.

A good portion of the problem can be solved nerfing Omnomberry Pies to the ground. They should reduce the proc rate, or halve the amount of health gained, or add an internal cooldown for the procs of at least 10 seconds.
Food should provide a little help, not the ability to go solo and outlast challenges designed for a full group.

Mirta.5029

you don’t know how to play warrior then nor what they’re capable of.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

It’s unfortunate, but presently guardians and warriors are vastly better than anything else for high level fractal pugging.

Mirta.5029

It’s unfortunate, but presently guardians and warriors are vastly better than anything else for high level fractal pugging.

why warriors? I can understand a group of guardians only though – agony hits, ALL spam heal at the same place, might keep all 5 alive and no revive orbs would be used.

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

lol full group of guardians sounds funny. A full group of warriors without a supportive class will cause problems no matter what dungeon the group is going into. They MAY be able to pull it off, but would nonetheless, will cause difficulty.

Street Regulator

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Don’t forget CM and TA where they have no way to survive bullet hells if they can’t dodge.

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

The ones that want wars only are normally noobs that don’t know how to play.

Because it is extremely noobish to do things efficiently.

It’s the run for farmers. Most of those wars have full cof gear. Nothing elite about that.

Some people want a specific combination of classes to do some path of a dungeon. Why is that a problem? Many people played gw1 before where team builds were normal and in gw2 suddenly it’s elitism.

(edited by Phoenix.7845)

Mirta.5029

Because it is extremely noobish to do things efficiently.

It’s noobish to run full berserker gear without getting any toughness AND accept only warriors.

It’s the run for farmers. Most of those wars have full cof gear. Nothing elite about that.

Some people want a specific combination of classes to do some path of a dungeon. Why is that a problem? Many people played gw1 before where team builds were normal and in gw2 suddenly it’s elitism.

You’re talking about farming runs. Elitist speedrunners do not even accept cof gear, they ask specifically for berserker’s.

haviz.1340

It’s noobish to run full berserker gear without getting any toughness AND accept only warriors.

But toughness is waste of stat point in current metagame.

Mirta.5029

except that instead of getting hit for 14K damage you get hit for 1K. You can tank bosses, you can pawn berserker warriors in WvW and PvP… If you have lots of healing power you can always heal more than what the boss hits you for and effectively can do constant damage instead of a quick burst of 17K and go down and die.

Phoenix.7845

Why would they get toughness if they can survive without it? Also they don’t accept only warriors, there is one mesmer in the team!

You’re talking about farming runs. Elitist speedrunners do not even accept cof gear, they ask specifically for berserker’s.

Most cof gear is berserker.

Mirta.5029

Why would they get toughness if they can survive without it? Also they don’t accept only warriors, there is one mesmer in the team!

They “survive” without it. Have played with Berserkers. Sitting on the floor downed does not count for damage. Of course CoF is the easiest dungeon at this point. It’s going to be upped in difficulty though.

haviz.1340

except that instead of getting hit for 14K damage you get hit for 1K. You can tank bosses, you can pawn berserker warriors in WvW and PvP… If you have lots of healing power you can always heal more than what the boss hits you for and effectively can do constant damage instead of a quick burst of 17K and go down and die.

I lack words. How did you get those numbers? Someone with 3000 armour gets 33% damage reduction as opposed to someone with 2000 armour. I think we both could agree that guardian with hammer can give whole party almost perma 33% damage reduction. And you can’t tank bosses in harder dungeons with healing power.

Only 33%.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Phoenix.7845

They “survive” without it. Have played with Berserkers. Sitting on the floor downed does not count for damage. Of course CoF is the easiest dungeon at this point. It’s going to be upped in difficulty though.

There are a lot of people that can’t stay alive in berserker gear, but there are others who can. It’s like with skipping – if you can’t do it efficiently then you shouldn’t do it at all. I had a lot of runs with zerkers and those were the best runs i had. If game balance will shift in some other way than good people will just adjust.

Only 33%.

Yeah, but i haven’t seen a warrior in full cof gear with other stats than zerkers.

haviz.1340

Yeah, but i haven’t seen a warrior in full cof gear with other stats than zerkers.

Because they don’t ping it ;p

Malediktus.9250

toughness and vitality is extremly underpowered. 1 vit only adds 10 health
100 toughness only reduce damage by like 3.33%, so you need 1000 additional tougness you have the same effect as protection.
So reducing damage from 14k to 1k is unrealistic.

Posted by: FlyingK.9720

FlyingK.9720

No surprise, many people who are to the point of farming for legendaries and skins have alts and why wouldn’t anyone roll Anet’s favored class as an alt?

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

A berserker warrior downed will still throw rocks for 2k+ crits at a higher attack rate than most ranged weapons. I wish my ranger’s longbow and shortbow had the output of a downed warrior.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Mirta.5029

A berserker warrior downed will still throw rocks for 2k+ crits at a higher attack rate than most ranged weapons. I wish my ranger’s longbow and shortbow had the output of a downed warrior.

whenever I ever have a berserker warrior in my group they always die. Encounter with a boss, burst of damage, dead.

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

I run dps warrior everywhere, and I don’t get my kitten kicked. Your argument is invalid.
Well I run with a shield, this would be a defining factor of greatsword try hards that most of you are talking about. Not dying in this game is easy, and running full beserkers isn’t bad, just not for everyone.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

Mirta.5029

I run dps warrior everywhere, and I don’t get my kitten kicked. Your argument is invalid.

Arah? CoE? HotW? Film it, post it on youtube. Are you by any chance using vigor to never run out of dodges? What’s your build?

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

Zerker’s warriors DPS is beyond anything else Ive experienced. If your teammate is going down a lot bring a guardian to keep him up. Its not hard gameplay.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

@Dempsey.8760
You running with a shield? oO What is the point then in running full bers? I mean, what kind of dps you can possibly show with your shield compared to almost any other warrior with GS and/or OH axe? Pls elaborate.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Zerker warrior with a shield is purely for Shield Stance. It’s an easy way to mitigate a lot of damage that you know is coming (Lupicus’s AoE spam in phase 2 or the life drain in phase 3 for example).

When you’re full berserker geared, you need to completely nullify the damage, either by dodging the attacks or blocking all of the damage, this goes for all professions, not just warrior. Warrior has a little more fudge room than the other professions built glass cannon, but most things will still drop you in few hits. Just don’t get hit.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Wethospu.6437

Arah? CoE? HotW? Film it, post it on youtube. Are you by any chance using vigor to never run out of dodges? What’s your build?

On berserker-warrior:
Soloing Arah 4 until Dwayna (excludes corrupted light): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_MLGXAaZGA
Soloing CM 2 (bit shady tactics): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5XZaAcfqKI
Soloing Lupicus in 6.5 mins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ2KTFw3CaI
Soloing AC 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn1hTSra3XI
Soloing Arah 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKy67S6uvNU
Soloing first encounter of Subject Alpha in every path: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgy1tVLvDOI

haviz.1340

toughness and vitality is extremly underpowered. 1 vit only adds 10 health
100 toughness only reduce damage by like 3.33%, so you need 1000 additional tougness you have the same effect as protection.
So reducing damage from 14k to 1k is unrealistic.

100 toughness isn’t 3.33% additional damage reduction. It depends how much defense you had before you added those 100 points. And since damage formula has defense in denominator, it has diminished returns.

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

I don’t use zerker gear.I use pow,vit,tho and condi.I also use a bow and mostly sword-shield/warhorn.Along with banners ad FGJ.I am a warrior and im very team friendly.

Mirta.5029

On berserker-warrior:
Soloing Arah 4 until Dwayna (excludes corrupted light): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_MLGXAaZGA
Soloing CM 2 (bit shady tactics): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5XZaAcfqKI
Soloing Lupicus in 6.5 mins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ2KTFw3CaI
Soloing AC 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn1hTSra3XI
Soloing Arah 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKy67S6uvNU
Soloing first encounter of Subject Alpha in every path: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgy1tVLvDOI

what do you use for dodges? Sometimes your dodge bar does not even move away from full.

Wethospu.6437

Mainly Whirlwind (built-in evade) on Greatsword and burst skills generating Endurance. If needed Shield Block, Mace Block, Warhorn Vigor or Signet of Stamina.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

except that instead of getting hit for 14K damage you get hit for 1K.

ROFL. The reality is that instead of getting hit for 14k you dodge the attack, and if you do get hit your extra toughness reduces the 14k damage to 11k. 1k hahahaha.

Malediktus.9250

obviously damage reduction of tougness follows an e-function. Otherwise you would get 0 damage after level cap expansions and new gear one day.

haviz.1340

obviously damage reduction of tougness follows an e-function. Otherwise you would get 0 damage after level cap expansions and new gear one day.

There’s a difference between exponential and rational function and right now damage taken formula is described by rational function.

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

So as of late i’ve been using the Gw2lfg site and well im starting to get really annoyed of groups wanting X class only

Quoting the OP- he is “annoyed” because people are trying to be efficent.
Where does all this kittenness comes from?
What happened to the “Let the people play the way they want to play” ?

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

So as of late i’ve been using the Gw2lfg site and well im starting to get really annoyed of groups wanting X class only

Quoting the OP- he is “annoyed” because people are trying to be efficent.
Where does all this kittenness comes from?
What happened to the “Let the people play the way they want to play” ?

If all classes were balanced and people were just doing this for fun (like in WoW forming all druid or all paladin parties), no problem. The issue is that it’s not balanced and warriors dominate PvE and it’s made worse by the fact that CoF is the most desirable instance to farm (b/c you can buy rares for ectos) yet has the fastest path of any dungeon, leading to warrior only groups. It’s not “letting people play the way they want to play”. It’s the game being unbalanced heavily in favor of a certain class, and the player base reacting to that unbalance by exploiting it.

haviz.1340

If all classes were balanced and people were just doing this for fun (like in WoW forming all druid or all paladin parties), no problem. The issue is that it’s not balanced and warriors dominate PvE and it’s made worse by the fact that CoF is the most desirable instance to farm (b/c you can buy rares for ectos) yet has the fastest path of any dungeon, leading to warrior only groups. It’s not “letting people play the way they want to play”. It’s the game being unbalanced heavily in favor of a certain class, and the player base reacting to that unbalance by exploiting it.

The only reason why average pug wants 4w+1m is because in CoF you fight 2silver/1champ/1legendary mob. Ask your pug to kill everything at acolyte’s event and they’ll wipe. Average grp can’t complete dungeon with 5 glasscannons without any kind of support/damage mitigation, that’s why you see “Guardian only” in FoTM.

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

I actualy dont like warriors in group, 99% of them use rifle as main weapon. I’ll rather take any other class then warrior “wanna be ranger”.

Posted by: Youd.1375

Youd.1375

I’ve been kicked a couple of times for not being a “Tank” (*read Warrior/Guardian). Ironically i “tank” better than most with Pistol Whip and self-healing.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

The only reason why average pug wants 4w+1m is because in CoF you fight 2silver/1champ/1legendary mob. Ask your pug to kill everything at acolyte’s event and they’ll wipe. Average grp can’t complete dungeon with 5 glasscannons without any kind of support/damage mitigation, that’s why you see “Guardian only” in FoTM.

even if this was a L2P issue would be still a problem.

The real fact is that its clear some classes have huge advantages other Others:

Guardians: support, healing, REFLECT and best crowd control in the game, Aegis is huge in fotm any level, means you do one mistake, you possibly survive…or again you can just finish channeling your skill safely without worrying…
Warriors: best DPS in the game
Mesmers: portals, good dps, and second best reflect skills in the game (tested in Pve they can reflect some stuff other classes cannot with guardian exception that reflect everything)

on paper its easy to see why in MOST situations warrior, mesmers and guardians are the best PvE professions.
Expecially without the use of TS.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.