useful professions

useful professions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hachirou.9380

Hachirou.9380

Hi

i’ve been watching speed runs for farming explorables etc and it would seem i only really see warriors, guardians and mesmers.

i also saw someone posting about how they wanted to re roll as warrior for high lvl fractals because the necro wasnt any good there. i just got a lvl 80 necro my first 80. should i stop before i spend too much time? im interested in mesmer but i dont really care for the warriors.

useful professions

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Choose guardian then, people are about to realize mesmers aren’t as good as they thought.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

useful professions

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

actually yes

They are doing a mess with pve and only warriors and guardians are the BEST by a mile….

Its sad but they can t seem to do anything but nerf stuff for pvp sake :|
And pve becomes more broken and unfun every single patch.

Or at least is what it seems.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

useful professions

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Roll a Guard. Warriors are taking a damage nerf while Guards are getting strong buffs across the board. They’ll soon completely replace Warriors in the PvE spectrum as well as building an even stronger presence in PvP.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

useful professions

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Roll a Guard. Warriors are taking a damage nerf while Guards are getting strong buffs across the board. They’ll soon completely replace Warriors in the PvE spectrum as well as building an even stronger presence in PvP.

I love a good troll.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

useful professions

Hachirou.9380

is it viable for me to stick with my necro? im using scepter dagger at moment but i hate how scepters look not even sure if i wanna attempt a legendary scepter.

i have a lvl 50ish guardian and elementalist. Guardian, Mesmer and Thief are the other 3 that interested me along with necro.

useful professions

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

is it viable for me to stick with my necro? im using scepter dagger at moment but i hate how scepters look not even sure if i wanna attempt a legendary scepter.

i have a lvl 50ish guardian and elementalist. Guardian, Mesmer and Thief are the other 3 that interested me along with necro.

Dagger / Warhorn Necromancer with proper traits and Berserker’s gear does decent DPS, but it’s not close to a Warrior or Guardian. If you aren’t going for world record speed clears it would probably be fine and fun to play, but you will most definitely catch flak for playing a Necromancer.

Brazil

useful professions

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

People(and anet) talk about necros getting monstrous buffs, so you’d probably better wait for it to go live and check some death shroud power builds!

useful professions

Hachirou.9380

Dagger / Warhorn Necromancer with proper traits and Berserker’s gear does decent DPS, but it’s not close to a Warrior or Guardian. If you aren’t going for world record speed clears it would probably be fine and fun to play, but you will most definitely catch flak for playing a Necromancer.

i see alot of people always using zerk builds with most profs, is it really needed? does it not leave you very squishy? at the moment im in a carrion set. i think it was primary condition damage stat with power n vit which i thought was pretty good.

i also keep hearing the necros are meant to get a buff but i dont know where i can read about upcoming changes. i just wish my necro would stack a few more conditions, the poison doesnt seem to stack and so its just bleed all the time.

useful professions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

i see alot of people always using zerk builds with most profs, is it really needed? does it not leave you very squishy? at the moment im in a carrion set. i think it was primary condition damage stat with power n vit which i thought was pretty good.

i also keep hearing the necros are meant to get a buff but i dont know where i can read about upcoming changes. i just wish my necro would stack a few more conditions, the poison doesnt seem to stack and so its just bleed all the time.

Once you get familiar with the content, nothing really hurts because you either know how to avoid it, or you have your teammates that avoid it for you. But this is mostly in organized groups like ours or what Brazil is used to.

You said you watched speedrun videos, but the question is: are you planning on doing speedruns yourself? Do you just want to do dungeons with some PUGs, or do you want to join a speedrun guild and run with them?

If you’re just sticking with PUGs, I’m pretty sure you can stay on your necro. You’ll get some people that might not want to run with you because you’re a necro, but that’s their right to choose, and that doesn’t happen as often as people make it out to be.

If you want to join a speedrun guild, then yes, you should roll a warrior, ele, guardian or mesmer, because those are the professions that are used the most by those guilds. Probably want to start off with a warrior, because it’s the least demanding roll, and it’s easier to carry a warrior than a mesmer, guardian or ele.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

useful professions

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Necromancers have a high health pool as it is, and stats like Toughness or Vitality don’t do much considering not dodging will still get you killed. You can’t really tank anything in PvE, you are meant to dodge high-damage attacks. Necros don’t have any sort of reliable means to gain Vigor either, so dodging needs to be thought out when playing one. Condition damage is also pretty worthless in PvE too, especially if you factor in 5 other people competing to stack the same condition. Berserker’s stats really just offer the highest damage output for every situation you could ever face in PvE.

Brazil

useful professions

Bright.9160

Berserker’s stats really just offer the highest damage output for every situation you could ever face in PvE.

False. Rampager’s or Traveler’s will let you do more damage on the Nightmare Tree as a necromancer, because the combination of power and condition damage will add more than just the primary power from Berserkers and you don’t crit on it, but you do condition damage.

Might wanna change that to “almost every situation you could ever face in PvE.”

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

useful professions

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Berserker’s stats really just offer the highest damage output for every situation you could ever face in PvE.

False. Rampager’s or Traveler’s will let you do more damage on the Nightmare Tree as a necromancer, because the combination of power and condition damage will add more than just the primary power from Berserkers and you don’t crit on it, but you do condition damage.

Might wanna change that to “almost every situation you could ever face in PvE.”

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

I’ll give you that one. Thanks Obama.

Brazil

useful professions

Hachirou.9380

i dont intend to join another guild for speed runs as of now but i have at least 5 other friends that play so we can pretty much always make our own party for dungeons or just find 1 extra. I guess we dont really try to speed run them though, more just farm them for the tokens etc or plan to.

it kinda sounds like if you wanna do serious pve stuff its zerk builds with the favoured profs. if its casual, do whatever is fun.

useful professions

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Just saying, it’s up to how/with who you wantto play.

DG optimized runs with optmized builds in a dg guild? reroll.
Chill with friends, cause having good laugh and fun weights more than cutting off 10 mins from a DG run? Use whatever you like.

Is that simple.

(oh, in case the 2 things overlaps, i’d have a alt for the evenience anyway.)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

useful professions

Bright.9160

it kinda sounds like if you wanna do serious pve stuff its zerk builds with the favoured profs. if its casual, do whatever is fun.

Yup, pretty much this.

You can still look at speedrun videos, because they usually outline good strategies that can help you regardless of the fact that you’re speedrunning or not, and if you’re watching Strife’s videos, he usually also explains the boss mechanics, which can help you on your normal runs as well.

useful professions

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

i dont intend to join another guild for speed runs as of now but i have at least 5 other friends that play so we can pretty much always make our own party for dungeons or just find 1 extra. I guess we dont really try to speed run them though, more just farm them for the tokens etc or plan to.

Casuals have the benefit of not being able to give a flying kittenkittenpisskittenkitten about what to do or how fast to do it, which is nice for them. It can avoid stress in certain situations, but adds it in to others. Just a trade off and personal preference of what to do and how to do it.

Brazil

useful professions

Hachirou.9380

I guess i’ll stick to what is fun and worry about serious stuff another time :p the only other problem i have is that i hate how scepters look trying to find an axe or dagger for the main hand but ive not really played up close n personal with a necro.

useful professions

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I guess i’ll stick to what is fun and worry about serious stuff another time :p the only other problem i have is that i hate how scepters look trying to find an axe or dagger for the main hand but ive not really played up close n personal with a necro.

You could always use a Staff.

Brazil

useful professions

Hachirou.9380

i have the staff as my secondary but it didnt feel like i could do much after i cast all the abilities. only seemed like 1 and 2 were usable most of the time. i do need to respec my traits to make the marks bigger on the floor though XD they so small

useful professions

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I love a good troll.

Wait and see my friend, wait and see.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

useful professions

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I love a good troll.

Wait and see my friend, wait and see.

I’ll hold your breath.

Brazil

useful professions

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

i have the staff as my secondary but it didnt feel like i could do much after i cast all the abilities. only seemed like 1 and 2 were usable most of the time. i do need to respec my traits to make the marks bigger on the floor though XD they so small

New patch today….. rumor has it staff gets reduced cooldowns, plus theres a trait to reduce coolsdowns on nec staff by 20 percent. ATM, with trait my #2 well has a 4 second cool. Thats not really “waiting to cast” compared to most classes. Also you can trait for bigger sizes, which seems to about double the size, so that should keep you busy. Swap weps for 10 secs, then go back to staff.