Guild: Vis Invicta [vC]
F50 Uncategorized Fractal
07/12/2015, game build 50,837
Restricted time: 3m, 32sec

Participants:
Thief/Cïyena (BlackDragon.3752): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrzIwkX7v1M

Ele1/Moleque (Happymountain.5134): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T5_Z-sHGUA

Ele2/Thialaya (Aradox.6140): No PoV

Warrior/kitten Moa (Amicable Pugs.4503): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gre2gd8L6QM

Mesmer/Lynn Van Gherwen (Habataku.5214): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jdnp6vQfvQ

Yui [SC] (Kirasia)

[vC] Uncategorized Fractal 3:32 [Restricted]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: MasterBlaster.6827

MasterBlaster.6827

GJ!
Who will make a rule why this record is not valid?

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

GJ!
Who will make a rule why this record is not valid?

They used a mesmer. Invalid. Can we have a vote on this now?

In seriousness, nice run. I like the change in tactics for Scrufflebutt in letting him leap to you instead of pulling all 4 together like everyone does.

(edited by Enko.6123)

Posted by: BlackDragon.3752

BlackDragon.3752

Tobi didn’t you know that blnking through grounds was always unrestricted?

Yui [SC] (Kirasia)

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

You didn’t disable the stair trap. That’s a uhh, blockade. Sortof. Bypassing a blockade! With a blink! Banned!

/s

BlackDragon.3752

oh right zui sry…. gotta rename the thread -.-

Yui [SC] (Kirasia)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Dunno why you are making a joke out of it. It is true. Wondering when people are going to just admit they like unrestricted. ;>

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

what does vis invicta mean? i think we need a meeting to discuss this extremely important issue. alternatively we could hold a vote and get ourselves involved in a nice intense debate on the topic.

anyone else want to join me in my bureaucrat rp?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

BlackDragon.3752

Vis = Force
Invicta = unconquered

I think xD

Yui [SC] (Kirasia)

Enko.6123

Dunno why you are making a joke out of it. It is true. Wondering when people are going to just admit they like unrestricted. ;>

Well they didn’t do anything that even violates the current ruleset or previous ones. Those traps aren’t required to be disabled to proceed. The checkpoint does have to be triggered though which is why the mesmer headed back there.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah exactly its skipping triggers. Which is the kind of stuff that probably would have been frowned upon when restricted first got created.

Zui.9245

It’s not actually a blockade, though, and the consoles do not need to be disabled. It’s equivalent to if you could disable the floor traps in the Cliffside fractal; not disabling them wouldn’t be bypassing a blockade, because you can just run through them or around them or blink past them.

Or as another example, if the legendary giants in Arah p4 were moved to where the Orrian Weapons are for the skip to the bloodstone shard, this is the same as simply running or portaling past them, but not completing the optional cannon event that virtually no one even knows about, much less has actually completed, in order to kill them.

Enko.6123

Yeah exactly its skipping triggers. Which is the kind of stuff that probably would have been frowned upon when restricted first got created.

I don’t think this would have been frowned upon even then. You still need to trigger the checkpoint so that Old Tom doesn’t bug out. Kind of like shadowstepping past the threshold in CM P1. Still need to trigger the cutscene for the fight to work.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Alternatively you can join Vis Latrina [wC] which roughly translated means “Do you want a toilet?” :^)

Enko.6123

Alternatively you can join Vis Latrina [wC] which roughly translated means “Do you want a toilet?” :^)

Lol now you guys are going to see a troll guild running around with that name.

Edit: Apparently that guild name is already in use.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Old Tom bugs out? What do you mean by that? The only bug I know about with him is that if you reset the fight with him for whatever reason after engaging, sometimes the poison will be active even after he resets.

What bugging out are you referring to Enko? I don’t think he’s green/friendly at all and just kinda sits there waiting to be killed… could be wrong about that.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Enko.6123

Old Tom bugs out? I don’t think he’s green/friendly at all and just kinda sits there waiting to be killed… could be wrong about that.

The fractal bugs out if you kill him without activating that checkpoint. He still attacks and all. For all I know, Anet may have fixed it also.

If you bypass the checkpoint, the event progress stays on “Ascend to the Upper Level”. If you kill Old Tom while it says this, you can’t activate it and get the “Disable the Security Golem” event since he’s already dead.

It’s been a while since I did it. Don’t remember if the forcefield after Old Tom doesn’t deactivate or if the final 4 golems won’t activate if you don’t trigger that checkpoint prior to kill Old Tom. Think the force field doesn’t go down.

Purple Miku.7032

Well you can skip Old Tom by mountain goating so I’m absolutely positive it doesn’t bug out the whole fractal :x

You might be right about the forcefield not deactivating after Old Tom dies though.

Zui.9245

Old Tom bugs out? What do you mean by that? The only bug I know about with him is that if you reset the fight with him for whatever reason after engaging, sometimes the poison will be active even after he resets.

What bugging out are you referring to Enko? I don’t think he’s green/friendly at all and just kinda sits there waiting to be killed… could be wrong about that.

The scripting is extremely linear. You must trigger the checkpoint, and then kill Old Tom. If you kill Old Tom before triggering the checkpoint, it won’t count as you killing Old Tom, and thus the forcefield will not open. Getting the checkpoint after killing Old Tom won’t work to fix it, as the scripting expects you to kill Old Tom after you have gotten the checkpoint.

It’s similar to killing the first enemies in the Molten Facility fractal before the event to kill them has popped up, thus causing the drill not to start.

Purple Miku.7032

Gotcha. Makes sense yeah.

On the plus side if it ever does bug out the fractal is still completable on a warrior, guardian, ele, engi, and ranger

Zui.9245

Well you can skip Old Tom by mountain goating so I’m absolutely positive it doesn’t bug out the whole fractal :x

You might be right about the forcefield not deactivating after Old Tom dies though.

It might, or it might not.

The Atherblade fractal can be entirely bugged out by deactivating the second set of laser traps too early (although sometimes when you deactivate them too early, it just doesn’t turn them off, but lets you complete the fractal). When this happens, you can progress ‘as normal’ (other than the traps still being active, which isn’t a sure-sign the fractal is bugged out), except when you kill the end boss you don’t get a transit prompt.

So you might get to the end boss, and it not activate. Or it might activate and you can kill it, but not get the option to progress. Or it might work as normal. Who knows?

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Lol now you guys are going to see a troll guild running around with that name.

Edit: Apparently that guild name is already in use.

Well of course, as official guild troll it is my responsability to claim ownership of such a guild :P

(edited by Veckna.9621)

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

To also leave a serious comment: you are blinking past triggers all the time, let it be triggers for mob pathing or event triggers.

And I don’t think people would prefer a ruleset in which you can fully disable bosses, safespot bosses, manipulate event mechanics, manipulate skill cooldowns, etc.
That would be fun to watch once, then it would be more boring than a record in AC p3

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

It might, or it might not.

The Atherblade fractal can be entirely bugged out by deactivating the second set of laser traps too early (although sometimes when you deactivate them too early, it just doesn’t turn them off, but lets you complete the fractal). When this happens, you can progress ‘as normal’ (other than the traps still being active, which isn’t a sure-sign the fractal is bugged out), except when you kill the end boss you don’t get a transit prompt.

So you might get to the end boss, and it not activate. Or it might activate and you can kill it, but not get the option to progress. Or it might work as normal. Who knows?

We’ve had it bugged once by accident, took about 5 minutes to get Ellen through the lazer field alive for the final boss entry, but the fractal worked fine afterwards.

On topic: how do people find these teleport spots, now I feel motivated to randomly spam my teleport all over fotm in hopes of finding something.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Posted by: Saix.4126

Saix.4126

Approved.

Great work

Ravi [DnT]

Enko.6123

We’ve had it bugged once by accident, took about 5 minutes to get Ellen through the lazer field alive for the final boss entry, but the fractal worked fine afterwards.

On topic: how do people find these teleport spots, now I feel motivated to randomly spam my teleport all over fotm in hopes of finding something.

If you get the second set of traps bugged and they won’t deactivate, the easy fix is to have 4 people go all the way to the end and have one person stay behind to rez Ellen. Once she’s alive, that person goes to character select screen and she should teleport to the other players. If she’s too close (like halfway through the traps already), then you can use Ele Glyph of Renewal on Air to revive her to you.

BlackDragon.3752

there are faster and simpler ways Enko :P but ya generally that works aswell.

Yui [SC] (Kirasia)

Enko.6123

not really sure how you can get faster than an instant teleport to end for her. would be faster to just not screw it up and turn the traps off too.

how are you guys getting her through if it bugs out?

(edited by Enko.6123)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Warbanner her and talk to her while she’s still invuln and you’ll teleport to Frizz.

Enko.6123

Warbanner her and talk to her while she’s still invuln and you’ll teleport to Frizz.

I’ve actually seen issues with that especially if she’s in the middle of the lasers already. Mainly due to the person who’s talking to her though.

Taku.6352

Fine defiant stance, balanced stance, warbanner and then talk to her.

Enko.6123

Fine defiant stance, balanced stance, warbanner and then talk to her.

So you blow all of your cooldowns just to get her up? Not exactly worth but guess its up to you.

Taku.6352

Either that or kitten about god knows how long for people to get her up because someone was too impatient and bugged the whole thing.

Idk about you but minute or two for waiting CDs isn’t going to ruin my day considering even at 50 fractals are kitten easy.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Not like you desperately need the warrior’s utility skills for the timegate/boss fight anyway.

Enko.6123

Yeah but still no real point in doing it when a simple character select screen does the same thing.

Eh I wouldn’t bother waiting for the cooldowns. As Bukkebruse says, the war utilities aren’t super important but to each their own.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

You can mountain goat on top of the poles for the spinning lasers. No need for utilities or load screens.