way to lupi

way to lupi

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Hi.
My goal for this christmas is to learn lupi whereabouts. The problem is that everyone is onshotting it. So I guess I should go and learn to solo it.
I am still quite inexperienced with arah, so what do you recommend me: p2 or p3?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

way to lupi

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

p2 is a much faster and easier solo, especially if you’re not used to soloing Hunter/Crusher which can be tricky.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

way to lupi

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

On classes with reflects ( guard and mes) P3 is quite easy. Both are acceptable, I used to do p3 a lot more but for some reason i’m doing P2 lately. Everything post lupi in p2 is a pain, imo. I’d recommend duoing it, as it’s much faster and it’s fun.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

way to lupi

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If you’re looking to practice Lupi, p1/p2 have a faster run from before the waypoint. p1 requiring help though so if you’re going to solo p2, if you have a group either one really.

no clue if you’re NA/EU but if you’re NA feel free to add me to friends I love arah and would love to help you get there and practice Lupi.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

If you’re looking to practice Lupi, p1/p2 have a faster run from before the waypoint. p1 requiring help though so if you’re going to solo p2, if you have a group either one really.

no clue if you’re NA/EU but if you’re NA feel free to add me to friends I love arah and would love to help you get there and practice Lupi.

Sadly I am EU. I’d have loved to see 2 engis going wild.

way to lupi

oxtred.7658

I can help you but not before next week, as I’m in holidays currently.

way to lupi

Jerus.4350

Doh, well if you ever want any pointers let me know, I honestly think Engi takes it as easiest solo, easier than warrior… well talking Zerk builds, not 2hour nomad faceroll build

I don’t do it as quickly/efficiently as Dub or those guys, but I get it done, so many tools on engi to avoid damage.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Ty oxtred, much appreciated.

way to lupi

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

I can help you to go to Lupi whenever you want ^^ (when i’m available ofc)

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Doh, well if you ever want any pointers let me know, I honestly think Engi takes it as easiest solo, easier than warrior… well talking Zerk builds, not 2hour nomad faceroll build

I don’t do it as quickly/efficiently as Dub or those guys, but I get it done, so many tools on engi to avoid damage.

Sure! Let me practise, first so I have proper questions doubts.

way to lupi

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Feel free to message me on my NA account (this one) or my EU account (Zui Euro Warrior). If I’m available, I’ll happily help you.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

I can help you to go to Lupi whenever you want ^^ (when i’m available ofc)

Nice. I can’t today, but I will contact you tomorrow.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Feel free to message me on my NA account (this one) or my EU account (Zui Euro Warrior). If I’m available, I’ll happily help you.

Wow. Thank you guys. Great community we have here.

way to lupi

Jerus.4350

Just gotta say, Zui is the man, him and Ivan taught me so much. Ivan got me to love Arah, and Zui with his pugadventures trained me well for Lupi (I’ll never forget the ranger who was setting up hardmode for us… “OMG ranger down state OP… Just die!”)

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Yey. Way to, and Belka done. Just learned that strafe rifht and left avoids most of her arrows.
Way to abu now.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Any tips on the second skip?

way to lupi

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

I can help you today afternoon/evening, then I’m leaving for few days. PM me after 5 pm central time.

way to lupi

Harny.6012

Any tips on the second skip?

Which class and path?

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

I am on warrior, doing arah path 2.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

ok. Second one done. Fight to Abu. I failed so many times the 2nd skip, that now I am pretty good with the first one :P

EDIT: Oh, kitten it, I died to Abu…

(edited by Ryn.6459)

way to lupi

Harny.6012

For skip after belka you can use more things.
GS + sword and wh or shield.
I usually use harpy feather and gs5 at the start, then kite and dodge the spiders.
You can trick mobs which use melee attacks by going one direction and at the last moment change your course. It doesnt work every time, you might need to dodge. It takes practice but you can do these skips OOC without using your utilities.
Take shake it off and bers. stance for spiders. If you get crippled use wh/shake it off + b ers stance, rush forward.
Before the last turn there is a little cliff(?), take this way and run to the end to get ooc.
If you took stability even before spiders you dont need to get ooc.
Just shield/stealth/stabi+rush thru next few mobs, if not stealthed stay on right side. Get to the tunnel – its a safe spot.
Take something like stabi/endure pain/defiance stance for the last skip. I personally use feather, Rush thru middle, then leap instead of jumping, dodge once if Deadeye targets you. Keep stabi for safety.

It’s hard to explain this with my english, just watch a video or PM me or someone else later for help

(edited by Harny.6012)

way to lupi

Harny.6012

ok. Second one done. Fight to Abu. I failed so many times the 2nd skip, that now I am pretty good with the first one :P

EDIT: Oh, kitten it, I died to Abu…

Get enough guns (drop before you finish cast and it will remain on the ground – takes practice).
Stay behind him.
Dodge when he jumps.
Take stabi.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Nope. I can’t keep aggro on Abu.
EDIT: I canged to a condi build. Abu: check!

(edited by Ryn.6459)

way to lupi

Harny.6012

Just take him few meters from the first pillar (towards the route you came) or behind the first corner. Dont get too far or he resets.

way to lupi

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

if i was EU i would so totally help you with Arah. but keep up the work, only a matter of time before you got lupi down. then on to the fun part of alphard (most annoying boss in arah on warrior IMO)

way to lupi

Harny.6012

How is it going? Which phase do you have troubles with?

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Hey, Jerem help me to clean one elite in order to get to lupi.

Right now, I am learning how to put it on the wall…. And keep failing (I am eating all its kicks) XD

(edited by Ryn.6459)

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

OK. I am able to put him on the wall. Sadly, I don’t get to phase 2 cause its kicks…

way to lupi

Zui.9245

This might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZZS4QIdid4&list=UUXb625IE1vjylfTRW3-B6Lg

It has slow motion footage of all his animations, including the kicks.

way to lupi

oxtred.7658

For the spider part, keep warhorn 4 as a cleanse and use your gs rush+ sword 2. Be careful with gs 3 as it breaks ooc. For the 2nd part, take balanced stance just in case, try to keep it for the 2nd part after the tunnel, hug right and use gs 3+ sword 2 to make distance between you and the sentinels. Then at the tunnel if the deadeye isn’t following take a break to reset your dodges/ cooldowns, and hug the right wall again, there should be only 2 deadeyes and 2 sentinels. You can use harpy feathers, but meh, that’s a waste.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Hey. Little update.

Harny and Lloyd help me back there.
I died so many times that I mastered the skips, Belka and the Abu (changed to a condi spec for that).
Then Lupi… omg I suck. But at least I am able to get to him. So now is a matter of time.

Tyvm guys!

way to lupi

oxtred.7658

Good luck. Don’t forget to use potions ( 10% damage reduction) and food, possibly on crit to gain more health and recover more easily from mistakes. Also if you’re out of dodges in P1 and still practising, you can range a bit to regen while killing locusts, and still practise your grub dodging.

way to lupi

Zui.9245

How to practice dodging grubs: Engage lupi, and back off. Just run around (away from the locusts that will chase you) while watching him, and dodging grubs. Take a stunbreak and/or stability in case you fail. Move on after you’ve mastered this (as a warrior, with dodge and with whirlwind attack)

How to practice killing locusts (without worrying about the kick): Engage lupi, and back off. Dodge grubs. When locusts are spawned, practice circle strafing around them. Figure out how many you can withstand, and for how long. Figure out how to take no damage at all from them if you need to (honestly, circle-strafing them is easymode). Et cetera. You probably want to keep stability and/or a stunbreak here too, because you’ll probably mess up and fail to dodge some grubs.

How to practice the kick (without worrying about the locusts): Engage lupi and back off. Kill the locusts as they come, like you’ve practiced. When there are no locusts and he’s not doing anything, run up to him. He’ll very likely kick you. Dodge it and back off. Rinse and repeat.

Then basically just put it all together. Keep in mind that while backing off and strafing the locusts away from Lupi is extreme easymode (and probably not a bad idea to occasionally do if you’re in a sticky spot after say getting kicked or something), it’s not something that you should ever need to do once you’ve mastered phase 1.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Ty Zui, nice tips. Step by step. You are right, I wanted to build the house from the roof.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Day 2.
a)I reliably get to lupi now.
b)Better at dodging grubs.
c) Better at putting him on wall.

d) didn’t put him on phase 2.

Tomorrow more.

way to lupi

oxtred.7658

“Day 687. After my naked staff guard no dodges full signet solo, I think I’ve nothing else to do anymore.”

way to lupi

Jerus.4350

! no engi?

If you do try on your engi, you can actually range him in phase 1. Push to the wall, back off and throw grenades at him till you get into phase2 then on the transition drop your supply crate to eat the grub, then get up underneath him for those mechanics.

… Just had to put it, as again IMO Engi is the easiest lupi solo and that ability to trivialize phase1 (taking a little longer of course) is a major reason why. And, since I know you play engi a lot I thought I might mention it.

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

Jerus, I love you.
Engi is so great:
You can AFK Belka with turrets ( they keep all the aggro and, with traited autotool installation and metal plating, they never die),and ,to be safe, elixir-infused bomb, backpack regeneration and steal-on-crit-food. Much faster than a warrior cause you don’t have to retreat at all.
Abomination. Again a pain. I tend to lose aggro, other than that, not that big of a deal.
Skips: executioner axe + stealth+blocks+invul. Easy.
Lupi: range= no kick XD! Still practicing putting him on the wall. When I am able to do it, I don’t have any issues to reach phase 2. Thanks also to Zui and Brazil. Being at range allowed me to learn properly how to dodge the scrubs animation. This is the way to go, learning each step.

way to lupi

Harny.6012

! no engi?

If you do try on your engi, you can actually range him in phase 1. Push to the wall, back off and throw grenades at him till you get into phase2 then on the transition drop your supply crate to eat the grub, then get up underneath him for those mechanics.

… Just had to put it, as again IMO Engi is the easiest lupi solo and that ability to trivialize phase1 (taking a little longer of course) is a major reason why. And, since I know you play engi a lot I thought I might mention it.

Always great to know more classes but i thought the point is to learn phase 1.

way to lupi

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Here is my guide on how to solo lupicus as a warrior. Full gothrough is in description.
http://youtu.be/iuMgBBlWz58

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

way to lupi

Jerus.4350

! no engi?

It absolutely is, but there is a difference between learning it and wanting to punch your computer because for the 5th time today you died in phase 1 because you were .1s off on your kick dodge.

So don’t get me wrong, it’s just something that can let you get past that bump in the road, especially nice for those of us with potato computers or horrible connections As you want to speed up you’ll surely stand in melee and do it differently.

@Ryn, glad you found it helpful, if nothing else good to get to phase2/3 to practice those.

@Dub… LOLs, so is the new thing anti-speed runs. Who can last the longest?

(edited by Jerus.4350)

way to lupi

Zui.9245

Here is my guide on how to solo lupicus as a warrior. Full gothrough is in description.

No Nomad’s? Too casual.

way to lupi

Dub.1273

! no engi?

It absolutely is, but there is a difference between learning it and wanting to punch your computer because for the 5th time today you died in phase 1 because you were .1s off on your kick dodge.

So don’t get me wrong, it’s just something that can let you get past that bump in the road, especially nice for those of us with potato computers or horrible connections As you want to speed up you’ll surely stand in melee and do it differently.

@Ryn, glad you found it helpful, if nothing else good to get to phase2/3 to practice those.

@Dub… LOLs, so is the new thing anti-speed runs. Who can last the longest?

Well, I’ve been 95% afk after I got myself to the wall. Could probably take that a day.

Dub | [rT]

way to lupi

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

You got swiped like a rag doll.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

way to lupi

Dub.1273

Charr don’t care about swipes.

Dub | [rT]

way to lupi

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

You got swiped like a.

Rag.

Doll.

Charrkitten.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

way to lupi

Ryn.6459

I know it was a joke, but I am finding that going full settlers is the best way to learn him, at least his tells. (importantly, now I can predict when he is going to kick).
I am dying at phase 2.
EDIT: back on warrior and melee by the way.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

way to lupi

Dub.1273

Wasn’t really a joke, I did in fact afk 50% of phase 3.
Bit it wasn’t meant to be a serious guide, it allows for too many mistakes. It’s just a highly efficient way to get a newbie do a lupicus solo.

To learn soloing lupicus, I’d probably recommend using a build with just enough endurance regen. I’d recommend using a guardian (clever use of sword 2/gs 3/heal) with no energy sigils or a necro solo. Either will teach you to not waste endurance and the necro one also how to act in phase 3. That means, I recommend to not wall him, which has actually no direct influence on him which many people think.

Dub | [rT]

way to lupi

Zui.9245

I know it was a joke, but I am finding that going full settlers is the best way to learn him, at least his tells. (importantly, now I can predict when he is going to kick).
I am dying at phase 2.

Phase transition: When learning, just ensure you have Balanced Stance / Dolyak Signet / Shake it Off on your bar to avoid or deal with the knockdown from the unavoidable phase change grub. Once you’re comfortable actually soloing lupicus, learn to use a fire elemental powder, ogre pet whistle, or your friendly dungeon NPC (if they’re still alive and conveniently located).

Swipe: Dodge / WWA through Lupicus when he pulls his arm back. You can also block it, but depending on exactly how far away you are, your sword 5 block might just block the knockback+big damage and leave you with 3 bleed stacks.

AoE (if low latency, and 3 or less targets for Lupi): When the first red circle is drawn on your character, dodge back. After that, you will wait for the next red circle to be drawn on your character, and either dodge again, whirlwind attack, or block and run to him. I’d recommend trying to end up at the end of your dodge/block in an ‘old’ AoE circle (where the damage has already hit, but the circle lingers for a bit).

Shadowstep: Dodge as he comes toward you (this should never happen). If he’s going to your NPC, run (may need to use “rush” to get there soon enough depending on distance) over there but don’t get there too early / if you get there too early dodge.

Ranged autoattack: Stay in melee. Don’t move (other than for AoE and Swipes) if you’re around elevated terrain, as sometimes you can get hit in melee around this terrain if you move.

way to lupi

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I am dying at phase 2.

Phase transition: When learning, just ensure you have Balanced Stance / Dolyak Signet / Shake it Off on your bar to avoid or deal with the knockdown from the unavoidable phase change grub. Once you’re comfortable actually soloing lupicus, learn to use a fire elemental powder, ogre pet whistle, or your friendly dungeon NPC (if they’re still alive and conveniently located).

Swipe: Dodge / WWA through Lupicus when he pulls his arm back. You can also block it, but depending on exactly how far away you are, your sword 5 block might just block the knockback+big damage and leave you with 3 bleed stacks.

AoE (if low latency, and 3 or less targets for Lupi): When the first red circle is drawn on your character, dodge back. After that, you will wait for the next red circle to be drawn on your character, and either dodge again, whirlwind attack, or block and run to him. I’d recommend trying to end up at the end of your dodge/block in an ‘old’ AoE circle (where the damage has already hit, but the circle lingers for a bit).

Shadowstep: Dodge as he comes toward you (this should never happen). If he’s going to your NPC, run (may need to use “rush” to get there soon enough depending on distance) over there but don’t get there too early / if you get there too early dodge.

Ranged autoattack: Stay in melee. Don’t move (other than for AoE and Swipes) if you’re around elevated terrain, as sometimes you can get hit in melee around this terrain if you move.

Basically this. I’ll just add a few things.

Phase transition: if you don’t wanna bother switching out dps utilites but you know that pet consumables won’t be enough, just use an Ash Legion spy kit for the transition grub. If you attack him right after he eats the grub, he won’t reset (it also doesn’t require any positioning). Open your inventory for the fight and drag it over where the minimap is, move the spy kit to the first inventory slot. As soon as he goes invuln, double click the kit and use skill no.1, make sure to only press 1 once so you don’t reveal yourself with the AA.

Swipe: If you’re fighting him off wall, you can simply run through his hitbox when he does the swipe, no dodges/blocks needed. You can do the same with the kick (a bit harder, I found that when he’s walled it’s usually where the half-circle of his hitbox is touching the wall), although I wouldn’t try it for that if I wanted to play it safe. There is also a distance where both his ranged AA and swipe miss you automatically. Sword 5 only blocks both the damage and bleeding if you’re approximately at max melee range, being too close to his hitbox causes you to eat bleeding damage.

AoE: This one comes in 3 waves. Try to delay your first dodge until he finished casting (releasing the first wave). You don’t wanna dodge too early because every wave is targetted on top of you and other targets nearby (Because of that, don’t dodge back towards the NPC if they are still alive. If you are duoing without reflects, dodge back into different directions.)

Shadowstep: If he shadowsteps back to the NPC at the start of phase 2, use either your sword 5 block or close gap to him with GS 3 to not get hit by his ranged AA.

Ranged autoattack: If you know you’re not gonna need sword 5, you can use it to proc the counterattack (be close enough, though) for more bleeding uptime that procs your no.5 trait in Arms.

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

(edited by No Pulse.2967)