which dungoens are best for farming?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: amanj.4903

amanj.4903

I’ve heard fractals drops alot of rares. Could someone verify that or give me some advice for a good dungoen to farm.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

It depends on what are you farming for. For gold (purely), all dungeons payout generally the same. Sub-bosses drop 10 silvers, last boss drops 15 silvers, completion gives 26. So to be more efficient, choose the ones that are quicker like AC and CoF. Don’t be too fast as to finish 5 within 2 hours though

Posted by: panikos.8309

panikos.8309

Fractals all the way man. Forget any other dungeon unless someone knows something I dont. Fractals have the best reward per effort ratio in the game + chance to get Ascended gear after lvl 10. No world or other dungeon farming, rewards you as much as Fractals in the same time. Try to get in groups that ask for low tier Fractals as it is easier and faster. With a dedicated group Id say farm lvls 1-5 for fast and easy rares/exotics. (when they fix the drops that is)

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Fractals all the way man. Forget any other dungeon unless someone knows something I dont. Fractals have the best reward per effort ratio in the game + chance to get Ascended gear after lvl 10.

Once you’ve got the ascended gear you want, I’d look towards some of the other dungeons simply because you can easily convert their tokens into ectos.

If you don’t have two ascended rings and a backpiece with stats you like, though, fractals all the way.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’m mostly in agreement with fractals. But keep in mind you can also get a lot of rare armor from dungeon merchants with the other dungeon tokens. I believe you can salvage these for ectos yeah?

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

Fractal drop has been nerfed heavily and it isn’t now as it was the first days.
Now, lvl10 fractal = 1-2 rares on average
First days, lvl 1-2 fractal = 5-6 rare on average

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Fractals are annoying as hell.

AC is farmed a into oblivion because all bosses drop bags and like 15 silver. It’s very easy and you also get the badges for the terrible armor skins which you can just buy to put into the Mystic forge or something to get some of those exotic superior runes.

The best way is to just go for dungeon gear via the badges. By the time you get a full set of armor, you’ll have around 10-20g. That’ll get you a lot.

If you’re looking for just money, run AC.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

CoF is the best money run in terms guaranteed gold per time invested.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

My group usually does the fractal daily, HotW path 1, CoF path 1, then AC. All are rather quick and get good payouts.

Fractals is good IF you get good drops. The other dungeons are great for straight money and tokens.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

all of the above. fractals are good if you like it and want ascended obviously at this point in time.

if you’re looking for gold, ectos, etc, run the easier dungeons. agree with Shamrocky. HotW1, CoF Path 1, and all AC are pretty fast and easy. i never do CoF though just don’t like that dungeon. SE Path 3 is also pretty darn fast.

iirc, fractals don’t give karma? so if you want karma as well, the original dungeons aren’t a bad investment at all.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

panikos.8309

Once you’ve got the ascended gear you want, I’d look towards some of the other dungeons simply because you can easily convert their tokens into ectos.

If you don’t have two ascended rings and a backpiece with stats you like, though, fractals all the way.

In my personal experience normal dungeon drops (including bags) are not worth it. Greens and blues most of the time. I did a fractals 4 yesterday and walked out with 4 rares. One of my guildies got exotic on top of it. On my best run I got an exotic from a harpy (named armor piece) and another from the last chest(some named bow) in the in that asura-ratasumlike fractal +3 rares. That was a lvl2 run.
What Im saying is that in the time that will take you to do 3 paths of a dungeon so you can get an exotic with tokens you will have probably dropped 2 from fractals runs +a bunch more rares. Thats ofc If your only interest is gold

Posted by: Adenos.3018

Adenos.3018

In my personal experience normal dungeon drops (including bags) are not worth it. Greens and blues most of the time. I did a fractals 4 yesterday and walked out with 4 rares. One of my guildies got exotic on top of it. On my best run I got an exotic from a harpy (named armor piece) and another from the last chest(some named bow) in the in that asura-ratasumlike fractal +3 rares. That was a lvl2 run.
What Im saying is that in the time that will take you to do 3 paths of a dungeon so you can get an exotic with tokens you will have probably dropped 2 from fractals runs +a bunch more rares. Thats ofc If your only interest is gold

You got really lucky on those runs with the exotic drops. It’s pointless to state your best run, since there are people that have gotten precursors from the older dungeons on their best run. You may have a higher chance of getting exotics and rares from fractals, but the gold and tokens you get from the other dungeons are guaranteed. My past several fractal runs, I only got 2 rares, and a couple t6 mats from each run. AC runs with decent group take 15-20 minutes, and you’re guaranteed around 85 silver per run (with omnomberry bar buff). Cof path 1 can be done in 10 minutes with a decent group.

panikos.8309

I feel like you are bashing me for no reason. I just stated my personal experience. Im not a farmer or hardcore player. Im on lvl 5 on fractals. Ive done 4 lvl1, 2 lvl 2 , 2 lvl3 and 3 lvl 4. That is a total of 13 runs. In those 13 runs I got 6-7 exotics(3 named ones) and double(and a bit more) rares. Numerous greens and blues. Ive done enough dungeon runs to make full CoE armor, 4/6 CoF armor, 6 runes from CM and 1-2 paths from each TA, HoTW, AC. I dont remember if I ever got an exotic drop from all those runs. The drop rate just cant be compared. With a decent group a full fractals run (low lvl one) takes the same amount of time as a dungeon run-one path-. Furthermore you are not restricted on how many you can do per day. In other dungeons you get 60 tokens only once per day. I do understand what you are saying about guaranteed rewards of the other dungeons but still my feeling is that you get rewarded more by farming fractals than doing dungeons or farming events out in the world (for the same amount of time spent). Not my fault if Anet introduced fractals and made it a paradise for rare/exotics equips farming. I also mentioned yesterday’s run cause it was after the drop rate screw up that nerfed all the drops.

Posted by: ElendStormcler.7105

ElendStormcler.7105

Furthermore you are not restricted on how many you can do per day. In other dungeons you get 60 tokens only once per day.

Excuse me, mate. Just a correction, so that people don’t get mislead. ^^

You get 60 token each time you complete a different path on a dungeon every 24 hours. You can do TA path 1, 2, 3, 4 and still get 60 tokens each run.

The Trick is.. don’t do dungeons too fast and take breaks, because you’ll get less tokens if you complete dungeons like 4 paths in an hour.

Good luck & have fun! ^^

Fayle Stormcler – Aurora Glade !

Posted by: Konfuzfanten.6503

Konfuzfanten.6503

If you want gold then nothing comes close to a full AC run with Omnomberry Bar: gold drops, with selling useless blues and greens = +3,50ish gold. Then you got around 200 ascalonian tears and maybe a yellow or 2 depending on your MF as a bonus – and remember you can trade those 200 tears into a ascalonian focus for 190 tears and the salv that for ectos. With a really good group you can do it in one hour(only using 2 Omnomberry Bars), even with a group with green/yellow gear and not optimal class combo, you can still do a wing in under 30 mins.

Commander of Blade and Quill[BaQ]
Aurora Glade <3

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

AC is best on the virtue as its the easiest dungeon to get power vit tough exotic armor which is the best stat type in the game!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

If you want gold then nothing comes close to a full AC run with Omnomberry Bar: gold drops, with selling useless blues and greens = +3,50ish gold. Then you got around 200 ascalonian tears and maybe a yellow or 2 depending on your MF as a bonus – and remember you can trade those 200 tears into a ascalonian focus for 190 tears and the salv that for ectos. With a really good group you can do it in one hour(only using 2 Omnomberry Bars), even with a group with green/yellow gear and not optimal class combo, you can still do a wing in under 30 mins.

cof 1-1-(1)-2 doesn’t just come close, it’s better.

CoF 1 takes 7:30 – 8 min in a good group. The added benefit of CoF is unlike AC, the tokens you get can be traded for 30 token level 70 rares that produce ectos.

The only difference between the first and second run of CoF is you miss out on 40 tokens since the 26 silver reward doesn’t drop off until the 3rd run.

Then you can run path 2 since you’re already there and it takes around 11-12 min.

You end up getting ~165 tokens which is 5.5 rares which can be turned into ectos which pushes cof way past ac, not to mention that cof1 is the fastest dungeon path in the entire game.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

AC is best on the virtue as its the easiest dungeon to get power vit tough exotic armor which is the best stat type in the game!

I disagree with you.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |