why are dungeons dead?

why are dungeons dead?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

They are still somewhat lucrative by themselves, some dungeon achievements reward you with ascended accessories wich have unusual stat combinations that are useful for other content, such as magi’s accessories… And the 5 gold bonus after 8 paths is rather nice too.. so why is it that I can’t find a kitten group for ta up+ fwd at 19:24 gmt + 1 after over 8 minutes of waiting in lfg ? I know a large amount of the playerbase has shifted towards raids and other content, but I still feel like I see fewer and fewer people every week.. this is really sad imo.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

It’s really simple, dungeons are old content so fewer people clear it. Add on to that, people for the better part of 3 years farmed it to death. And the fact that for them to be a good source of income takes knowledge and practice which most of the community lacks at this point in some capacity. Then throw in things like the ab multi loot and the jaded community created by anet when they nerfed them literally to get players to stop playing them.

With knowing all that it’s easy enough to say dungeons are “dead” due to a jaded lazy community.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

It’s really simple, dungeons are old content so fewer people clear it. Add on to that, people for the better part of 3 years farmed it to death. And the fact that for them to be a good source of income takes knowledge and practice which most of the community lacks at this point in some capacity. Then throw in things like the ab multi loot and the jaded community created by anet when they nerfed them literally to get players to stop playing them.

With knowing all that it’s easy enough to say dungeons are “dead” due to a jaded lazy community.

and ascended gear are basically end game. nothing the dungeon gives will help you progress that. fractals will though.

im bad at sarcasm

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Already finished those achievements years ago and even then people nowadays do the reward tracks since it’s faster/easier than to grind the actual dungeons to finish those achievements.

Also the content is old and boring after having done it for years on end.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

A lot of people I know just don’t have enough time to play, with raids, fractals dailies, dailies, living world, achievements etc. I would personally do more but I can’t play as much as I wish :P

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: SeventhGrave.7896

SeventhGrave.7896

I’ve never had a problem finding people for dungeons. I find that nobody lists in LFG during my active time… but if I start the group myself, people will join.

However if it’s story yeah just do it alone. Very rarely do i get anyone joining for story.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I so wish they would bring something new to that game mode. New paths or revamp the old ones. I have like 20 keys for the aetherblade path in TA. I had an lfg going for hours one day and only one person joined… WTF am I supposed to do with these keys!!

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

A lot of people I know just don’t have enough time to play, with raids, fractals dailies, dailies, living world, achievements etc. I would personally do more but I can’t play as much as I wish :P

I usually grab pact materials, do dailies+fractals dailies=30-40min(depending on fractals)

If i have spare time i either go for some raid kills or roam wvw or multiloot if i need gold.
Having played the dungeon content so many times it feels too easy and boring, especially since the HoT power creep with gazillion dps even with downscaling.
The gold earned by doing the achievement is okay only with a speedclearing group and even then it pales to other alternatives.

U could add a lot of cons here, way too much “stack-n-clear”,when that doesnt work just invisibility and skip, no reason for any support/heal just dps, annoying bugs and gimmicks like npc’s getting stack all over the place or skipping half the path through various mechanics, bosses that die faster than mobs and the list goes on and on…….

Dungeons are just too outdated atm and since most pve’rs have a “gold/time” mindset there other stuff they would rather do.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They are still somewhat lucrative by themselves, some dungeon achievements reward you with ascended accessories wich have unusual stat combinations that are useful for other content, such as magi’s accessories… And the 5 gold bonus after 8 paths is rather nice too.. so why is it that I can’t find a kitten group for ta up+ fwd at 19:24 gmt + 1 after over 8 minutes of waiting in lfg ? I know a large amount of the playerbase has shifted towards raids and other content, but I still feel like I see fewer and fewer people every week.. this is really sad imo.

Some of those people have indeed shifted towards raids, but that’s not where most of them went. Most people running dungeons were either speedrunners, in it for gold (those moved to fractals, as they offer much better rewards per time invested now, for a relatively similar experience), or casuals. Those either also moved to fractals, or stopped playing completely.

Though at least, now that the dungeon rewards were a bit improved compared to the post-nerf state, there at least are people running them. Just not as many as before.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I want to do them for the accessories and armor pieces, but I can never find a LFG open for anyone. Every LFG I see is seeking experienced players. I find this sort of an odd spot to be in because I do high level fractals daily and occasionally raid, but have rarely done dungeons outside of COF and AC. I regret not getting them done earlier, but I had a bad case of anxiety when I first started playing gw2.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I want to do them for the accessories and armor pieces, but I can never find a LFG open for anyone. Every LFG I see is seeking experienced players. I find this sort of an odd spot to be in because I do high level fractals daily and occasionally raid, but have rarely done dungeons outside of COF and AC. I regret not getting them done earlier, but I had a bad case of anxiety when I first started playing gw2.

What if I told you you can create your own LFG?

:o

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

The items are more of a luxury sort of thing that I can live without. I’d rather not wait for god knows how long.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

the wait is not that long unless playing at 2am

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The items are more of a luxury sort of thing that I can live without. I’d rather not wait for god knows how long.

As long as you’re going for more popular paths, the “casual run” LFGs fill up relatively fast. Might be longer than 5 minutes, but not that much longer. You definitely won’t be waiting for hours.
Just try to limit yourself to single paths for starters, and get a feel which are popular and which aren’t. In OP’s example, “TA up” would fill way, way faster than forward or up+forward.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

Dungeons are dead cuz Anet hates fun FeelsBadMan

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

I wish they would update the content or introduce ascended armor or weapons as rewards for 3x or 4x or even 5x the amount of dungeon tokens as the exotics or special dungeon specific infusion auras as rewards. It would make dungeons more inticing to run again.

The fact that legendaries need dungeon tokens isn’t enough to keep people playing dungeons. Not everyone wants to craft a legendary weapon.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Dungeons are dead because ANet killed them. Nothing more, nothing less.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I had to do some dungeons for collections/legendary crafting recently. Compared to almost any other game mode (any HoT meta, fractals, silverwastes, bloodstone fen, wvw), the loot was comparatively terrible.

Dragonstand is also shorter than Arah, which is incredible.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: kitsumen.7390

kitsumen.7390

Dragonstand is also shorter than Arah, which is incredible.

A decent group can clear all 4 wings in a hour

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: TheScryingGame.3875

TheScryingGame.3875

Its a shame really because there is a lot of really good weapons and armor sets with each dungeon. My suggestion is a Mastery Path that with every level spent lowers the need for another member of the party. Basically just adjust the leveling. So by the end you can solo or duo the dungeons.

or change them from instanced content into meta events and put them on a timer.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: minichibi.9387

minichibi.9387

they are dead now because of the gold reward at the end got nerfed to about 20 silver and only 5g for every 8 paths you run, wereas befor you got 1g50ish silver per path and 1-3g for arah paths, so people go to places like verdant brink and fractals molten duo to farm valuable trophies to get there money now, if they didn’t change the rewards there would still be a lot of groups on the dungeon lfg AC-CM-SE-TA-CoF-CoE-Arah were always full of lfg now its dead

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They’re dead because Anet nerfed the rewards into the ground. People who were in the habit of doing regular daily runs stopped doing them. Once you stop something like this it’s really easy to never come back to it (daily achievements exist exactly for this reason — to make sure you stay in the habit of logging in every day).

So once these players stopped their regular runs, they never returned. A very large number quit the game altogether.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Which is very unfortunate to say the least. I love dungeons and would run them on a regular basis if it didn’t take so long to find groups sometimes. I just don’t always have enough time to spend 15-20 min waiting for people to join me through LFG and then actually run the dungeon. It makes me rather sad that its so hard for newer players to really get into dungeons casually as the only veterans who consistently run them are speedclearers who don’t even want to take newer players with them as it would ruin their times

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They aren’t “dead”, they just aren’t as popular as all sorts of other content. People got bored with the same paths, same meta, and now there’s all sorts of stuff that earns a similar amount of wealth.

Plus, people don’t need 5 to run most of the paths — a lot can be done with three or even two people, without anyone needing to be really great at combat.

All the same, whenever I’ve put in an LFG for someone to join a group, we get our PUG within a minute of listing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

Its a shame really because there is a lot of really good weapons and armor sets with each dungeon. My suggestion is a Mastery Path that with every level spent lowers the need for another member of the party. Basically just adjust the leveling. So by the end you can solo or duo the dungeons.

or change them from instanced content into meta events and put them on a timer.

You can already solo and duo all paths that does not require X amount of people IE; Arah p1 Tar.

Optimise [OP]

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

I run dungeons every week and have no issues finding groups. It’s nice change from fractals.

why are dungeons dead?

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Because their hearts stopped…

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer