wonder what anet will do about this

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

make lupicus projectile unreflectable/blockable of course, you know, instead of reducing the amount of projectile or lowering the damage from reflected projectile

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

What’s the problem?

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

0.o

that, was awesome

Bogy.2953

What’s the problem?

really?

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Consecrated Ground OP.

Zelendel

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

how about if the red circles are fixed? that would be fix everything

Also known as Liahm Lee

IvanTheGrey.2941

Really. Seriously. What’s the problem? That Lupi can be solo’d? That he can be reflected? That the reflects do that much damage? If it’s the last case, be careful what you ask for. ANet, in their infinite wisdom will make all his attacks unreflectable. Won’t matter to me, but all the other classes that rely on reflects QQ

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Is that massive number of reflect hits thanks to the walling? I haven’t done Arah in a while.

Bogy.2953

Really. Seriously. What’s the problem? That Lupi can be solo’d? That he can be reflected? That the reflects do that much damage? If it’s the last case, be careful what you ask for. ANet, in their infinite wisdom will make all his attacks unreflectable. Won’t matter to me, but all the other classes that rely on reflects QQ

well there’s the whole he goes from phase 1 end to dead instantly not getting the invuln from phase 2 to 3 shift

then there’s ac spider n ta spider used to be able to get blown up by reflects and anet “fixed” that

it seems pretty obvious anet did not intend for him to blow up like that

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

well there’s the whole he goes from phase 1 end to dead instantly not getting the invuln from phase 2 to 3 shift

then there’s ac spider n ta spider used to be able to get blown up by reflects and anet “fixed” that

it seems pretty obvious anet did not intend for him to blow up like that

I’m not sure. Feels like kind of a stretch to me.

Tentonhammr.7849

Is that massive number of reflect hits thanks to the walling? I haven’t done Arah in a while.

He’s using Consecrated Ground to give WoR ground targeting, then casting it on top of the arena wall.

Theory time:
-WoR is in the middle of Lupis hitbox, causing more (all?) projectiles to be reflected.
-WoR is reflecting the projectiles that normally hit outside the combat area on the other side of the arena wall
-There’s some interaction between the height of WoR on top of the arena wall and the actual source point of Lupi’s projectiles vs reflecting them when they’ve spread out and reached their target on the ground.
-All of the above?
-I’m completely wrong?

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

IvanTheGrey.2941

He’s stuck in a movement skill. If you kill him before he finishes the motion, he won’t phase. How do you know what Anet intended or not? It’s been 2 years. We’ve beaten him in every way possible. Literally every way possible. There have been videos of 7 second Lupi kills,10 second Lupi kills, and every denomination of time greater than that. Are you saying these are all exploits? If so, it’s been 2 years. These videos have been up for that long. Even when Hrouda was watching, there were all sorts of vids. They would’ve fixed them by now.

There is no exploit, other than clever gameplay and thousands of hours of practicing and theorycrafting. We’re bored. Boredom is not an exploit.

Bogy.2953

He’s stuck in a movement skill. If you kill him before he finishes the motion, he won’t phase. How do you know what Anet intended or not? It’s been 2 years. We’ve beaten him in every way possible. Literally every way possible. There have been videos of 7 second Lupi kills,10 second Lupi kills, and every denomination of time greater than that. Are you saying these are all exploits? If so, it’s been 2 years. These videos have been up for that long. Even when Hrouda was watching, there were all sorts of vids. They would’ve fixed them by now.

There is no exploit, other than clever gameplay and thousands of hours of practicing and theorycrafting. We’re bored. Boredom is not an exploit.

there’s a difference between 5 people going pure dps and blowing something up and 1 person instant blowing something up with reflects when anet has “fixed” other bosses not to be blown up like that

but mostly i just want to know if anet will bother altering this to see if i should learn to solo lupi on a diff classs

Tentonhammr.7849

but mostly i just want to know if anet will bother altering this to see if i should learn to solo lupi on a diff classs

I’m preeeettttyyyy sure Abe can legitimately solo Lupi any number of ways. This video is just him screwing around and doing something funny because he’s just as bored as the rest of us. Don’t over-analyse this. And it definitely should not be the determining factor to if/how you go about learning to solo lupi.

Zelendel

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

What’s the problem?

really?

So you want it nerfed?

How do you want it nerfed?

Bogy.2953

I’m preeeettttyyyy sure Abe can legitimately solo Lupi any number of ways. This video is just him screwing around and doing something funny because he’s just as bored as the rest of us. Don’t over-analyse this. And it definitely should not be the determining factor to if/how you go about learning to solo lupi.

no one is questioning abes ability to solo

i just want to know if anet is ok with lupi getting blown up like that , because if they are great ill stick with guard when i try n solo arah because i dont see how anyone could blow him up faster solo so i might as well just stick with guard

however they have changed other bosses to not get blown up/trivialized by reflects so mostly i just want anet to look at the vid and respond

Tentonhammr.7849

i just want to know if anet is ok with lupi getting blown up like that , because if they are great ill stick with guard when i try n solo arah because i dont see how anyone could blow him up faster solo so i might as well just stick with guard

however they have changed other bosses to not get blown up/trivialized by reflects so mostly i just want anet to look at the vid and respond

If Anet is going to change something in a dungeon, we will be the last to know about it. They will not respond to this. If you’re already learning Arah on a guardian, just keep on learning on guardian.

Zelendel

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Is that massive number of reflect hits thanks to the walling? I haven’t played the game in a while.

FTFY

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

How do you know what Anet intended or not? It’s been 2 years.

Anet probably doesn’t know whether it’s intended or not either, unless someone there has Hrouda’s phone number.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Boredom is not an exploit.

I foresee this sentence etched below every new questionable strategy presented in this forum until the end of time.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

He reflected the attack. What’s the problem?

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

am I the only one who hopes for Lupi to become extremely hard? XD

spoj.9672

He is hard for people who havent killed him over 100 times.

IvanTheGrey.2941

You want hard? I’ll give you hard. Here’s the scenario:

You find 4 sub 1k AP pugs (not some rT or SC player on their alts). Your group should be made up like so:
1. Bearbow Ranger
2. Staff Guardian
3. Rifle Warrior
4. Yourself
5. Staff Necro

Equip them all with Nomad’s armor and full defensive traits. Tell them to range it. The whole time.

That, sir, is hard mode on Lupi. Spoj is right. It’s hard for people who haven’t fought him hundreds of times.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

So you know how Tornado adds a damage modifier of damage dealt inside it? Could an engineer use Elixir X and toss Elixir U, and get tornado and WOR on both for more damage?

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

Attachments:

IvanTheGrey.2941

Here you go OP. This is 11 seconds slower than Abe’s vid. (Sorry Dub, I know you were faster, but I really like Goku’s music 2 steps from hell ftw!) Do you still consider there to be “something wrong”?

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

The easy and obvious fix that would “fix” this and perhaps to a lesser degree FGS would be to make it so he doesn’t get stuck in the wall. No need for negating reflect on another boss. That would be a reasonable fix and would make him slightly harder.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The easy and obvious fix that would “fix” this and perhaps to a lesser degree FGS would be to make it so he doesn’t get stuck in the wall. No need for negating reflect on another boss. That would be a reasonable fix and would make him slightly harder.

But doing this is so much fun!

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

People should be punished because they beat a boss in a game so easily…? It’s been two years and of course people are used to mechanics of the game. Lupi is only a boss anyway. Instead of patching Lupi or nerfing professions because of some clever gameplay anet should just make new dungeons.

Tour

spoj.9672

What i find funny is that people are complaining about this, when it would of actually been possible to do at release. Just goes to show what happens when you leave us to play the same old content for 2 years.

It only took 2 years for us to discover this. It definately needs to be fixed. /s

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

then anet should not added ascended armor…..

Posted by: franco.2645

franco.2645

Abe is doing something different here. This is like Goku’s “we did it” feedback video. The reflect fields are placed on the wall, rather than on the ground. How do people do that?

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Abe is doing something different here. This is like Goku’s “we did it” feedback video. The reflect fields are placed on the wall, rather than on the ground. How do people do that?

I believe that there is a trait that grants guards the ability to ground-target their consecrations.

Posted by: franco.2645

franco.2645

I believe that there is a trait that grants guards the ability to ground-target their consecrations.

Gah, you are right. How could I have forgotten about it? Thanks for pointing it out!

Edit: And Zelendel already mentioned it earlier. I should pay more attention next time.

(edited by franco.2645)

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Goodbye mesmers, your feedback will no longer be needed.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

temporal curtain?

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

temporal curtain?

Banish :P

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

But… I can still be useful. I swear.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

temporal curtain?

Banish :P

Fear

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Maybe cap the amount of hits that get reflected? The numbers aren’t terribly high, 20-30k-ish, I remember the mesmers usually hitting for even more damage (with vuln, banners, etc.), but not beeing able to kill lupi with just feedback damage alone.
Or hey, how about making reflections scale with the reflection players power instead of the source.
But no, we can expect to see awesome fixes just like with the TA spider, making mesmers, engis and guardians worse.
Thanks for crying.

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: Abstract.9258

Abstract.9258

I would think it is just an easy solution of lupi shadowsteping out of the wall every time he is pushed in. Everyone still gets there reflects and everything is balanced phase 3 becomes more interesting with pugs

Corrupted Thunder / Pay me for Stealth

(edited by Abstract.9258)

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I would think it is just an easy solution of lupi shadowsteping out of the wall every time he is pushed in. Everyone still gets there reflects and everything is balanced phase 3 becomes more interesting with pugs

I thought you could reflect his shadowstep?

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

That would actually be a good way to make him at least a little more interesting to fight. Force off-the-wall fights…hmmmmm….it wouldn’t be much of a problem for anyone for long, but it’d be a rather reasonable fix to the shutdown of certain attacks when he’s in the wall.

But they’d have to rehire one of the AI guys they laid off to do that. And checking off the “Unreflectable” check box is so much cheaper and easier.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

IvanTheGrey.2941

Yes, let’s strive to make mesmers totally and completely useless. I know, let’s make EVERYTHING be non-reflectable!! That’s A GREAT IDEA!!! (sorry sandy, but ANet hates you.).

(edited by IvanTheGrey.2941)

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Would you really be surprised if that was the direction that anet takes with lupi? I wouldn’t. After the malrona/champ spider changes (which was definitely a knee-jerk reaction to the ranger one-shot vid), many predicted that lupi would eventually be on the chopping block. If anything, this vid will solidify it.

gg reflects, you will be missed.

edit: although i like that idea about lupi running away from wall. too hard for anet, much easier to uncheck the reflect button.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

I don’t know if enough of the PHIWs have made it to Lupi to actually complain. Whereas the Spider Queen was/is used by every whiner in order to bash stacking, line of sight, berserkers or whatever the complaint du jour is.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

ermagherd ervehryone knows LoS and Stacking is cheating. like seriously, who would ever stack? only pros range and fight the bosses the way they were meant to be fought.

/me continues ranting like a phiw kazul.

(sarcasm for those too stupid to recognise it)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

But doing this is so much fun!

I don’t think FGS should be fix, Lupi just shouldn’t be able to kill himself by reflecting his own damage back at him. The Jungle Wurm was like that and ArenaNet fixed it 2 weeks later.