Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Legendary grawl shaman

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

your best boss?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If we’re talking Encounter and not single boss the 4 champs in Uncategorized is my hands down favorite. Much love for Lupi/Mai, but those are IMO a bit more simplistic with the attacks coming from a single place, it’s more about identifying and reacting, where Uncategorized guys you sometimes have to just anticipate what’s off screen, keeping an eye on the whole field. It reminds me of my favorite raid from another game where you could trigger all the bosses in it to come at you at once for more challenging fight. Deathshots from all around you.

your best boss?

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Lupi, hands down.
Although I somehow also really enjoy Berserker Abomination, and any boss in Arah (except Grenth) for that matter

your best boss?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Legendary Imbued Shaman if his telegraphs and animations would work properly.
Lupi if he did not lose half of his attacks every time he phases.
Mai if she had more attacks and shorter/no cannon phases.
Togonn Windmane will be really nice if they will tweak him a bit and add to the fractals.
Breach bosses if anet will ever make them instanced.

your best boss?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Honestly, the Zhaitan fight. The whole flying on an airship, shooting at this giant dragon with rockets, holding the deck against waves of undead, the firework display and the pretty ‘fear not this night’ playing at the end. I really thought to myself, ‘THIS is how the ending of an epic fantasy game should be.’

;)

your best boss?

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Mai is my favorite, but the cannon phase is kitten

your best boss?

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Honestly, the Zhaitan fight. The whole flying on an airship, shooting at this giant dragon with rockets, holding the deck against waves of undead, the firework display and the pretty ‘fear not this night’ playing at the end. I really thought to myself, ‘THIS is how the ending of an epic fantasy game should be.’

;)

Not sure if trolling…..

For me its the Molten Duo pre Fractal, this was such a good designed Boss with the Berserker sending out Shockwaves that you can jump over and the kind of Shockwaves that only damage you if you jump or dodge. There should be more attacks that only do damage if you are dodging.

Another one, the Slick and Sparki Fight, another well designed duo Boss but with the Catch that you have to watch if you get the debuff and then get the Ooze to suck up the Oil. More meaningful Debuffs please.

Well I get why many say that Lupi is best Boss but I have to disagree. First Phase is just Boring. Dodging or killing Grub and cleaving Insects. Second Phae is annoying with his Necrid Barrage that tends to land everywhere outside of the Circles, if Combined with a Necrid Bolt, you can say Goodbye xD So yes, bad Luck can get you killed. And well Lupi can be cheesed to use the Necrid Barrage against him to kill him so quickly I have to wonder if there wasn’t some Pain Inverter involved xD

Phase 3 is a good Phase. With Life Stealing Abilities and the wonderful Necrid Trap that can hold the Player inside the Trap if not coutnered with Stability or Port^^

Also Lupi is in everyone of the 4 Paths.

your best boss?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

The Clockheart is pretty good and then that underwater HotW boss which spawns several Jihad Jellyfish.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

your best boss?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

1. Legendary Imbued Shaman with people who know what to do there and how.
2. Molten Duo.
3. Mai Trin minus the cannon phase.

your best boss?

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

No love for Svánigandr or Kodan’s Bane yet? Best bosses in dungeons imo. In fractals, Mossman and Dredge Power Suit if it wouldn’t die so fast

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

your best boss?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

For dungeons I definitely am going to go with svanigandir, and for fractals I will narrow it down between the three:

-Imbued shaman
-Mossman
-Last encounter archdiviner

Problem with imbued shaman I have is he bugs sometimes in shield phases and randomly will swipe up a villager on the opposite end of the map even if he’s nowhere near any villagers. Also, the kitten bugged burning from the floor.

Problem I have with mossman is the stealth-gouge bug. It’s really kitten annoying. Pretty much no one will know what I am talking about unless they try to solo or low man him… but once it happens to you a few times you will understand it’s stupid. Other than that he is a great fight.

Last encounter archdiviner is really good altogether but I don’t like that you have to stand next to him for him to get stunned when the seal is hit as well. It does not seem like it was intended and many many times have I stood directly under him and he still attacks. This is just annoying. If it were not for this he would be the top of my list.

your best boss?

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

@Miku, regarding archdiviner not being stunned, this might explain why -> click

your best boss?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

For dungeons I definitely am going to go with svanigandir, and for fractals I will narrow it down between the three:

-Imbued shaman
-Mossman

Problem with imbued shaman I have is he bugs sometimes in shield phases and randomly will swipe up a villager on the opposite end of the map even if he’s nowhere near any villagers. Also, the kitten bugged burning from the floor.

Problem I have with mossman is the stealth-gouge bug. It’s really kitten annoying. Pretty much no one will know what I am talking about unless they try to solo or low man him… but once it happens to you a few times you will understand it’s stupid. Other than that he is a great fight.

Last encounter archdiviner is really good altogether but I don’t like that you have to stand next to him for him to get stunned when the seal is hit as well. It does not seem like it was intended and many many times have I stood directly under him and he still attacks. This is just annoying. If it were not for this he would be the top of my list.

Can’t you keep distance and watch for a teleport on the mini map while he stealths to avoid that issue? Just wondering if I’m understanding what you’re talking about, but yes I do hate his stealth attacks as well, very annoying.

your best boss?

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

No love for Svánigandr or Kodan’s Bane yet? Best bosses in dungeons imo.

Eh both are rather simple after you spend 15 minutes practicing them, especially Kodan’s. Kodan’s would be much more interesting if max melee’ing didn’t stop him from using Hornet’s Sting.

(edited by Element Two.7316)

your best boss?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

-Imbued shaman
-Mossman

Can’t you keep distance and watch for a teleport on the mini map while he stealths to avoid that issue? Just wondering if I’m understanding what you’re talking about, but yes I do hate his stealth attacks as well, very annoying.

He literally stealths then teleports and instant gouges you while in stealth. Theres not really anything you can do about it.

your best boss?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

The mossman stealth insta-gouge happened yesterday with a party of five, making two pugs quit because we did not want to bug him underwater. We did get two new people and beat him on first try after that… But yeah the stealth instagib is a bit annoying but i guess mossman just acts like any thief in pvp.

your best boss?

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

I agree it would be way more interesting that way, but having to play around Hunter’s Call, either by spamming blocks or LoSing is a pretty good mechanic imo.
I just like that boss a lot for some reason

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

your best boss?

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Champion Mordrem Troll in the SW breach. Too bad its open world and not in a 5-10 man instance. And too bad it has an afk ranged safe spot.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

your best boss?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If were gonna mention good open world bosses that should be instanced then im going to say Risen Priest of Melandru.

For fractals its got to be Arch Diviner.

For dungeons its Leurent (If only he scaled better for groups) or Svanigandr.

(edited by spoj.9672)

your best boss?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

@Miku, regarding archdiviner not being stunned, this might explain why -> click

Weird… still seems silly to me to have to stand under him for him to be stunned. It doesn’t seem intentional because I can’t imagine why someone would want to design it this way but thanks for the post nonetheless.

Ok so his normal gouge attack always works like this:

1. Fake throw
2. Super fast throw that pretty much can’t be side strafed (the one that applies the bleed)
3. Gouge

Problem is he interrupts his own attacks sometimes and will literally be perma stealthed until he hits you. The way it seems to work is he is attempting to do two attacks simultaneously so it ends up in him vanishing with no animation. Then he will just infinitely throw the super fast dagger throw at you until he’s within gouge range and gouge you from stealth with no animation. The red marker on the minimap sometimes can stop updating his position for a few seconds and doesn’t accurately represent where he is, so it is not reliable enough to make sure you don’t get destroyed by it. Warrior can circumvent this problem if they have defiant stance off cooldown because if you let him hit you, he will be “fixed” temporarily. Unless he hits you, he will stay bugged.

You can tell when he bugs if when he vanishes, you see no harpy feather animation. The attack he interrupts is his fake throw.

Other examples of bosses interrupting their own attacks:

-Bloody Victoria in CM P1 interrupting her stun+backstab with a dagger autoattack, leaving you curious as to how you survived when you had no aegis/stunbreak for it.

-Berserker Abomination and Alphard in Arah P2 I have seen interrupt long channeled
attacks with other ones. For example Alphard will interrupt her rapid fire with a scorpion wire like 1 second into the animation. I’ve seen this very often.

-Simin in Arah P4 interrupting her own spin attack to go invulnerable into hiding, resulting in you having a free 45 seconds to DPS her (sparks appear even though she did not disappear).

I have also seen the same problem happen to Lupicus and a lot of other bosses so it seems pretty obvious the issue has nothing to do with individual bosses. It just so happens to be the case for Mossman it can result in getting hit over 26k damage with literally no chance to reactively avoid it.

your best boss?

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

I have also seen the same problem happen to Lupicus and a lot of other bosses so it seems pretty obvious the issue has nothing to do with individual bosses. It just so happens to be the case for Mossman it can result in getting hit over 26k damage with literally no chance to reactively avoid it.

Proof that PVT tanks is king, take that filthy Zerklitist !

For me, the best boss is Imbued Shaman.
But i’d like to mention i liked aswell the mechanics introduced in Brill’s home in the LS.

your best boss?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Weird… still seems silly to me to have to stand under him for him to be stunned. It doesn’t seem intentional because I can’t imagine why someone would want to design it this way but thanks for the post nonetheless.

If you’re low manning the fractal it may be that you don’t have enough players to fully strip the defiant stacks and apply the next stun.

-Bloody Victoria in CM P1 interrupting her stun+backstab with a dagger autoattack, leaving you curious as to how you survived when you had no aegis/stunbreak for it.

If you hit her during the animation it breaks it. In groups you can avoid using aegis/stab/stun break as long as your groups constantly hits her.