Issues with the Champion Undead Abomination

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

1. Its charge attack is almost instant and therefore, gives players almost no time to react.

2. Its charging distance causes it to automatically venture much further than its spawn point and wondering area which causes it to become invulnerable until it moves back to said spawn point.

3. During this “post charge” moment, it’s possible that it begins to heal up.

4. Given how the abomination charges A LOT and causes itself to become invulnerable a lot, this drastically delays the fight and at times, causes an inadvertent health “reset” of sorts.

Edit: This Champion Undead Abomination is fought during the DE in Cursed Shore after Plinx’s chain. I don’t know if other champions abominations have this issue, but I thought I’d highlight a specific case and maybe get it examined.

(edited by DanteZero.9736)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: crawlerxp.1536

crawlerxp.1536

I’ve never fought the one outside the waypoint in Cursed Shore, but I do take two Champion Abominations in an event chain in Straights of Devastation. The charge attack always gave us enough warning to dodge if we were paying attention—unless we let it build frenzy, in which case everything it does becomes almost instant. However, I do agree with the charge distance; we try to angle them toward rocks for precisely the reason you mention: if we don’t, we’re afraid he’ll run too far, leash, and reset. It’s also bothersome that he’ll be chasing someone, turn another direction to do the pre-charge animation, then turn a third, completely different direction to charge at a player. It’s probably intended, but I find it strange he turns one direction to begin the animation, then charges another. Kind of a fake-out. We just both end up dodging, just in case.

Are you letting it build frenzy?

in Dynamic Events

DanteZero.9736

I’ve never fought the one outside the waypoint in Cursed Shore, but I do take two Champion Abominations in an event chain in Straights of Devastation. The charge attack always gave us enough warning to dodge if we were paying attention—unless we let it build frenzy, in which case everything it does becomes almost instant. However, I do agree with the charge distance; we try to angle them toward rocks for precisely the reason you mention: if we don’t, we’re afraid he’ll run too far, leash, and reset. It’s also bothersome that he’ll be chasing someone, turn another direction to do the pre-charge animation, then turn a third, completely different direction to charge at a player. It’s probably intended, but I find it strange he turns one direction to begin the animation, then charges another. Kind of a fake-out. We just both end up dodging, just in case.

Are you letting it build frenzy?

It had 10 stacks of frenzy when my guild was fighting it. It jumped up to 20. I also forgot to mention it was in Cursed Shore so thank you for reminding me.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Last 3 times I attempted to battle it, it would roll out of the zone, and reset it’s health. Frustrating.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: crawlerxp.1536

crawlerxp.1536

Besides the obvious leashing issue with the charge—which should probably be fixed somehow, since it’s incredibly annoying—you absolutely must NOT let it hit things to build frenzy. If it builds frenzy, people will die. I saw the same thing killing it with a bunch of random people last night: People went into melee range, didn’t dodge; it hit people, built to 23 stacks of frenzy, and all but me and three other people ranging it died. Range and dodge, or melee and dodge if you can.

in Dynamic Events

DanteZero.9736

Besides the obvious leashing issue with the charge—which should probably be fixed somehow, since it’s incredibly annoying—you absolutely must NOT let it hit things to build frenzy. If it builds frenzy, people will die. I saw the same thing killing it with a bunch of random people last night: People went into melee range, didn’t dodge; it hit people, built to 23 stacks of frenzy, and all but me and three other people ranging it died. Range and dodge, or melee and dodge if you can.

Situations like that, where other players are in melee range and are stupid enough NOT to dodge, are an issue but not something that can be solved. If anything, I wouldn’t mind if the charge was excluded from the berserk boost.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

…or shortnened…man when that guy gets to rollin, he goes on and on…no one can stop his wild, wild rolling ^__^

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

It’s a public event, chances of this mob not building frenzy is inversely proportionate to the number of people taking part. Pre-patch this fight was irritating enough (although I did it a few times with just two or three people, no stacks of Frenzy and it was a breeze) but now with the added “death roll” it’s just insanely annoying. The frequent rolls into invulnerability are also infuriating.

Frankly I don’t see how this adds to the Plinx story, so I’m not sure why it’s connected to that chain. I reckon that if it were disconnected from Plinx it’s an encounter that would only very rarely be bothered with.

Simple solution, drop the “death roll” mechanic entirely, the fight still won’t be fun (building Frenzy in a public event is never going to be pretty) but it’ll be less irritating than it is now.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

It can be tough, but can be done. I just soloed one the other day.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Did you even read my post? The smaller the number of people doing it, the easier the encounter is … because you don’t have anyone who doesn’t know (or doesn’t care) about the mechanics turning up and capping Frenzy. As champion fights go, this one is trivial to do solo (assuming you’re bored enough to kite it for that long) or with small numbers.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

Did you even read my post? The smaller the number of people doing it, the easier the encounter is … because you don’t have anyone who doesn’t know (or doesn’t care) about the mechanics turning up and capping Frenzy. As champion fights go, this one is trivial to do solo (assuming you’re bored enough to kite it for that long) or with small numbers.

No I didn’t, because I was responding to the OP. Don’t assume the world revolves around you.