Silver rewards for events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jozeiax.8465

Jozeiax.8465

Okay… this is a very simple way to encourage players to revisit zones and to keep lower lvl zones populated and give player incentive to visit them and battle there. I have no incentive to visit harathi hinterlands ever again except for the world boss…
its because the 1.5 silver reward for completing events isn’t high enough, I propose a reward of around 5s because of the time 5-15mins taken to complete the event could be easily outdone in silver rewards in 5 mins farming in southsun.
its simple but its been overlooked and this could possibly be the simple solution to underpopulated zones
your thoughts?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

while I do like the idea of getting more rewards for these events. The inflation from these extra silver can be disastrous…

Oceanic [LOD]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

while I do like the idea of getting more rewards for these events. The inflation from these extra silver can be disastrous…

Enough with the inflation posts.
look at cof p1
look how much raw silver it gives
look how long it has been like this
look how many people do it

And now you go on saying like buffing a DE to 5 silver could be disastrous? lol.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Actually, it would be disastrous, have you been to Queensdale? Doesn’t really matter what server you’re on, it gets farmed to hell. Now the gold you make from the events doesn’t make a difference at level 80 since you blow it all on Waypoints getting to the next event, but if you were to get 5s per, you’d get about 60s per hour. This doesn’t sound like much, but it’s relatively fast for most people, especially since they’re doing this to level up and not just to get money.

I do agree with having some sort of way to get people to revisit zones, but I think Hardmode and having something similar to Vanquishing would make that easily fixed. It would be a hardcore method for hardcore players or just players who have nothing else to do. I, for one, would be downright happy to vanquish GW2.

I really wish the game kept a lot more from GW1, like farming certain bosses for their rare drops instead of having the same old generic stuff. I mean, sure, I can farm WORLD bosses for their SPECIFIC loot, but it’s not quite the same as having an item like an Icy Dragon Sword where it drops from pretty much all the mobs down in the icy southern shiverpeaks, but has a ridiculously low drop rate. Or how about those boss weapons that were green (equivalent to an exotic without transmutation stones).