Very little Experience and Karma from events???

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: domeno.9126

domeno.9126

Q:

Is something broken? After I do several events, I start getting no rewards for them. Why is this?? Makes me want to cut the game off and go play something else… You work really hard, then the moment comes, and the reward is…. 400 exp and 16 karma.. are you serious!?!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

You hit the dynamic event cap. It’s a popular topic. The gist is that if you do events too fast your rewards get ground into the dirt. All that matters is how fast you do the events, not where or which ones you do. Once it triggers it affects all events everywhere. To reset it you have to not do events for about an hour or so.

I’ve hit the cap every day for the past 5 days while trying to farm the 1 million karma I need for my legendary. With all the threads that have been posted, I’m sure ANet is aware of it. I think they’re probably avoiding commenting on it because them bringing attention to its existence will probably inflame lots of people. I hope that if people are persistent enough in complaining about it they’ll eventually relent and give us an answer.

(edited by Strill.2591)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

I’ve hit the cap every day just by doing 2-3 events a day, that’s not including skill challenges :/

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

With all the complaints about the lack of an end-game, I’m not sure that further removing content was the best of ideas. Can’t farm mats to craft, can’t farm loot to sell, can’t farm dynamic events for karma.. I’m sort of in limbo here. I can either roll an alt or just not play the game.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Dynamic Events

domeno.9126

Whoever came up with this idea should be fired. I guess the strategy session went like this: “Let’s create a game and then discourage people from playing it too much! Yeah! That’s a brilliant idea Bob! Give that man a promotion!”

in Dynamic Events

domeno.9126

Does ANet even read this forum? Was the thought behind this penalty to stop botters? This isn’t the way to stop botting. How about make players enter a captcha after a certain time period to prove they are a real human instead of penalizing the many for the actions of a few.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

Well I don’t want to be the thread police, but is it really necessary to have another thread on this topic, when there have already been so many? The op should learn to check other threads in the forum before posting. I’m sure Arenanet are aware of whatever issues there actually are, but they have of plenty of things on their plate right now, many of which are likely to be more important than a few disgruntled farmers.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Well I don’t want to be the thread police, but is it really necessary to have another thread on this topic, when there have already been so many? The op should learn to check other threads in the forum before posting. I’m sure Arenanet are aware of whatever issues there actually are, but they have of plenty of things on their plate right now, many of which are likely to be more important than a few disgruntled farmers.

Then don’t be the thread police.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Does ANet even read this forum? Was the thought behind this penalty to stop botters? This isn’t the way to stop botting. How about make players enter a captcha after a certain time period to prove they are a real human instead of penalizing the many for the actions of a few.

I am beginning to wonder if Arenanet even reads the Dynamic Events sub-folder of this forum. Not one comment on DE’s and their diminished returns. It really does make you wonder why they haven’t said one thing on the subject.

in Dynamic Events

roqoco.4053

I am beginning to wonder if Arenanet even reads the Dynamic Events sub-folder of this forum. Not one comment on DE’s and their diminished returns. It really does make you wonder why they haven’t said one thing on the subject.

Arenanet have already commented and said it isn’t working as intended, what more could they add? There’s certainly nothing new here, just more whining. Give them time and they will sort it out. Meanwhile there are plenty of other things to do in the game and this only effects a small (but vocal) minority anyway who aren’t really playing the game for it’s content.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

Arenanet have already commented and said it isn’t working as intended, what more could they add? There’s certainly nothing new here, just more whining. Give them time and they will sort it out. Meanwhile there are plenty of other things to do in the game and this only effects a small (but vocal) minority anyway who aren’t really playing the game for it’s content.

Have they commented on if they’re going to fix the silver rewards or just karma?

in Dynamic Events

roqoco.4053

Have they commented on if they’re going to fix the silver rewards or just karma?

They just said that currently things aren’t working as intended. But, exactly what is intended we don’t yet know. No doubt the situation is still somewhat fluid – Arenanet don’t tend to release information until they have a clear direction that they can communicate.

I’m not sure whether many of the people complaining will be happy with whatever changes are made, since I suspect that Arenanet will not want to encourage particular limited parts of the game to become farming sites that people use to quickly get achievements/items intended to be more long term rewards. But, that’s just my guess.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

ArenaNet haven’t said anything about the loot and karma caps. All they’ve commented about is the dungeon cap.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Abrexus.2910

Abrexus.2910

Well, I just hit the DE diminishing returns issue today twice on my level 19 necro. As an older player with a wife and kids I don’t have alot of time to devote to the game, and when I do have a day I can spend a few hours this is extremely discouraging. I understand the need to address botting/farming, but there needs to be a system that doesn’t penalize the average player.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: geets.9035

geets.9035

This diminishing anything and everything is getting long in the tooth as it effects how i play this game in a very non fun fashion..
At first i thought maybe its a bug or error but it seems it may not be which is a real sham if not a bait and switch because it just ruins what this game was prior to diminishing everything in a kneejerk way…

PS the bots are still having fun after being reported by over 100 people but i am not as i have to let the diminishing effect wear off for an hour to get decent loot or the appropriate experience/karma for my efforts..

(edited by geets.9035)