Why you nerf all fun Anet

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

“The Priory Explorer Plinx event chain in Cursed Shore will now occur less frequently.”
That was my farm!!!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

NOOOOooooo..ooo.OOO.oOOo..ooOOOO

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Icarium.5863

Icarium.5863

Anyone know what the new spawn time is?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

I’m sad too. Anyone tested it yet to see just how nerfed it is?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aro.8076

Aro.8076

34 minutes on the one run I did since the patch, from the death of the Champion to Plinx crash landing on the shore. (Ballpark, I’m not 100% sure that I looked at the clock as soon as the Champ went down. Still, over x3 the wait time.)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

So, nerfed to the ground. Absolutely ridiculous.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

34mins????
o wow. that’s not just less frequently.. not that half an hour is a long time… it’s just from what it used to be.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LazyCanuck.4157

LazyCanuck.4157

Plinx was a Bot haven, this nerf isn’t surprising at all.

Personally i think its a good thing anyway, this game is huge go find something else to do other than one event chain over and over again. Event farmers are the reason Orr is so unenjoyable because no one ever gets to take part in the events as they were intended.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Taylorfest.7583

Taylorfest.7583

Plinx was a bot haven? You sir have no idea what you are talking about.

Orr is unenjoyable because the events are not enjoyable.
Dynamic events lost their charm very quick and at least Plinx gave us something for efficient karma + gold. Now there is nothing but wasted time. Let me know how those unpopulated DE go in Orr because I am willing to bet nothing changes even with this nerf.

(edited by Taylorfest.7583)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Personally i think its a good thing anyway, this game is huge go find something else to do other than one event chain over and over again. Event farmers are the reason Orr is so unenjoyable because no one ever gets to take part in the events as they were intended.

Go find something else to do? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!

plinx gave us something to do. A fun and very rewarding something to do. I logged on to this nerf and had absolutely nothing to do.

I tried the tunnel events. Wow I sat there forever hitting the 3 random mobs at the door only to drop porous bones with a full mf set.

Went to give plinx another shot. Stood there for 20 kitten minutes emoting with other upset players with nothing to do.

Grind dungeons? Please.

Punish real life players becuz bots frequented that area? GET REAL.

Ban bots and let us enjoy the one thing worth while for level 80s.

This nerf really messed things up. If I continue ti be this bored playing, my time left in thisgame is limited.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

Wait … Plinx was fun? Have I missed something?
For me, it was the most tediously repetitive grind imaginable following one guy around spamming auto-attack to get a few hits in before things died.
Sure, you get decent rewards, which was why people did it, but it was not even slightly fun.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Taylorfest.7583

Taylorfest.7583

For me, it was the most tediously repetitive grind imaginable following one guy around spamming auto-attack to get a few hits in before things died.
Sure, you get decent rewards, which was why people did it, but it was not even slightly fun.

Then this nerf has nothing to do with you does it?
Not everyone thinks as you do and not everyone wants to be forced out into the wider world of terrible DE’s with tiny rewards for time invested.

in Dynamic Events

Vinny.6924

Money and Karma gain = fun.

Put it this way. Before I begun my Plinx journey I was level 80 with rare weapons and armor. Masterwork trinkets. All basic power precision crap.

After I worked the magic Plinx really was, I had a full exotic mf set with rare trinkets and sigils of luck in exotic weapons. I have 2 set have pvp gear all exotics. Several different weapon sets all exotics. All exotic trinkets.

Not to metion several stacks of ori, mith, dusts, ancient bones, enough hard and regular leathers to supply darkhaven, silk and goss. In top if that almost 100 ectos and 50+ gold.

This may seem like nothing to some people. But the last few weeks I have been so into gw its insane. All becuz farminf this event has allowed me to get gear I would have nevrr gotten.

I have a son, wife and dog. Full time job with mandatory weekends. A harley and a truck with monthly payments. My only hobby is MMOs. Farming Plinx may seem annoying to some but not to me. Im sad to see it go.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

Money and Karma gain = fun.

Put it this way. Before I begun my Plinx journey I was level 80 with rare weapons and armor. Masterwork trinkets. All basic power precision crap.

After I worked the magic Plinx really was, I had a full exotic mf set with rare trinkets and sigils of luck in exotic weapons. I have 2 set have pvp gear all exotics. Several different weapon sets all exotics. All exotic trinkets.

Not to metion several stacks of ori, mith, dusts, ancient bones, enough hard and regular leathers to supply darkhaven, silk and goss. In top if that almost 100 ectos and 50+ gold.

This may seem like nothing to some people. But the last few weeks I have been so into gw its insane. All becuz farminf this event has allowed me to get gear I would have nevrr gotten.

I have a son, wife and dog. Full time job with mandatory weekends. A harley and a truck with monthly payments. My only hobby is MMOs. Farming Plinx may seem annoying to some but not to me. Im sad to see it go.

So it’s not the event itself that’s fun, but the reward? That makes more sense – was wondering what was so attractive about that particular event.

Thing is, that one event chain was spewing out better reward per time than anything else in the whole game, and it was doing so with no challenge at all.

I understand that you don’t want to feel you can’t compete in terms of gear just because you have less time, and that’s fine, but as someone who probably plays more than you do (Around 4 hours most evenings during the week, plus more on weekend), I’ve ended up with less money than you because I’d prefer some challenge and difficulty rather than joining with a huge cluster to mindlessly insta-stomp on anything that happens to spawn.
An imbalance like that was needing a fixed to keep things fair.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ShanYoh.7298

ShanYoh.7298

nooooooooooooooo!! no more karma farming!! byebye legendary.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

So Plinx was the only way to get money right? I guess my 2 sets of exotics + weapons + 40 gold in the bank must have been a gift from the gods since I rarely went to that place…

Anyway, just wait a few days, I’m sure some other event chain will turn up to mindlessly farm for “fun”. If the level 55+ maps get appropriate level rewards, maybe something even better comes up.

How could someone think that being constantly in a 30 men zerg where you cannot even see the mobs spawn before they are nuked is fun is beyond me.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blackmon.1903

Blackmon.1903

Really? Have you even done this event??? From your first sentence, it’s apparent that you have not. It’s impossible to bot this event unless someone out there makes a bot program that makes your character move with everyone else.

I don’t understand what the problem was that this event had to be nerfed. If Anet wanted everyone to try other DE events, then they should buff the others and stop nerfing things. Don’t break things that are working fine. Fix things that are actually broken. Buffing things makes people happy. Nerfing makes people upset.

in Dynamic Events

Vinny.6924

Thus far all they have done is nerf.

Buffing = increased playing time, happy players which in turn means more people buying gems. Which means more profit. Not that hard of a concept is it?

Nerfing = complaining, anger “customers”, and a lack of interest in spending real money.

I have worked ovettime all week and weekend. I was planning a week ago to buy a bunch of gems and get some stuff to show some appreciation to Anet for all the free content (yes I was grateful). Friday when I got my $1100 paycheck nothing went to Anet cuz I am pissed.