0-80 in under 8 hours

0-80 in under 8 hours

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DonFoe.9604

DonFoe.9604

im sure there are a lot of people that have leveled very fast. but, yesterday morning i sat down with the sole intention to level my necro to 80 in one day. well to my amazement, i finished it in under 8 hours. ofc i crafted my way to 80 :P i know its not cost efficient at all. but the fact that it IS possible to have a toon max lvl in less than half a day is awesome. this makes my 4th lvl 80(with full exotics)

now, ready for the price? 98g- which isnt really that bad if you think about it. when the game first came out, it seemed impossible. but now that its 6months in, 100g really isnt kitten compared to everything else.

well, just thought i would share with you how easy it can be to lvl a toon to 80.

Attachments:

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Good job?
I cant image it being that fun to just rush though every thing. Why would anyone want level 80 with out doing any thing but spend gold?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Vivian, you’re crazy.

It’s great if you want to level up your character to lvl 80 really fast and have the resources to be able to do it. But as for me, I for one accept my karka overlords awaiting my arrival after a week and a half of bootcamp with Sergeant Jackums. Oh hey, yet another place to roam/rome

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Isn’t the fun of the game in, you know, playing it?

Given that everything gives XP, making it to level 80 is an inevitable consequence of playing, which hardly makes it an achievement.

And finally, Guild Wars 2 does not have any super-magical-fun content that can only be experienced by max-level/max-gear characters. The level 1-80 content is actually the core of the game.

So congratulations on skipping the entire game.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Good job?
I cant image it being that fun to just rush though every thing. Why would anyone want level 80 with out doing any thing but spend gold?

Because I’ve already done it before and doing it again makes me want to fall asleep.

If the game was actually challenging and difficult then I might consider leveling the old fashioned way. Unfortunately I have to try really hard to die in PVE. NPC’s are auto attacked to death and the gameplay is so dull that it makes me wonder how anyone can consider it even remotely interesting.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Flamenco.3894

At lvl 80 you get to go to all zones, have a chance to get rare exotics from boss chests everywhere and you have a better chance of victory in wvwvw and pvp combat.

Also, all skills can be unlocked and used, all traits can be unlocked and used and moreover you can start playing wherever you want to, just like when you reached lvl 20 in GW1.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Leveling through crafting is a nice option if you want a max level alt quickly.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

now, ready for the price? 98g- which isnt really that bad if you think about it. when the game first came out, it seemed impossible. but now that its 6months in, 100g really isnt kitten compared to everything else.

well, just thought i would share with you how easy it can be to lvl a toon to 80.

Jeeze! That’s a ton still…when I powerlevel’d my alt’s via crafting it didn’t cost nearly that much, and more often I did just base level 10 to 50-60 and the rest I did dynamic chains so I could get a better feel for the class than going in fresh at 80.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Flamenco.3894

I forgot in my earlier post.

Congratulations and I do admire your achievement. I wish I could do the same today, but the prizes are batkitten insane compared to the couple weeks after release. I simply have become poor by inflation.

Luckily I had bought a bank tab and 3 char slots by converting gold to gems when 100 gems was worth around 20 silver.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Alkron.1345

How are people so sensitive to leveling via crafting? You’re not the one doing it. Is it so insulting or hard to believe that someone simply doesn’t want to go through all of that PvE content again? How about people that enjoy the endgame more than the process of getting there? It’s still a part of the game, so why is it any different from playing to enjoy the early levels? How about people that like the PvP content (sPvP and WvW)?

Agreed.

Personally, after my first alt, the level 10-50 range became hell for me since after 100% map completion, seeing all the hearts and areas again lost its allure, on top of not having a full spectrum of skills and traits.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Isn’t the fun of the game in, you know, playing it?

Given that everything gives XP, making it to level 80 is an inevitable consequence of playing, which hardly makes it an achievement.

And finally, Guild Wars 2 does not have any super-magical-fun content that can only be experienced by max-level/max-gear characters. The level 1-80 content is actually the core of the game.

So congratulations on skipping the entire game.

The fun is in playing the game, as you said. And Guild Wars 2 does not have any super-magical content that prevents a level 80, fully geared character from enjoying all of the areas in the game. Once you get your character leveled and a build, complete with traits, that suits your playstyle, you can go play. And, you can get level appropriate drops from any area you play in.

Playing is far more fun than getting ready to play.

I wish they had remembered that part from GW1. No levels at all would have been even better.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

it does not bother me at all that people don’t understand why i did it. or that i may have overpaid by a little bit. im sure people overpay on that audi they have sitting in their driveway.

this is my 3rd alt, my main is a ranger. i play that primarily in wvw, but my guild is a little short on necros. so, me being a good guildie, i made a necro and leveled it as fast as possible.

i have all pve titles, no reason for me to go back to pve. unless i want legendary. but i dislike them all, so that isn’t going to happen anytime soon. that being said, there isnt much game play for me that i havent already done.(4 times)

oh, and that 98g included all exotic costs. not just materials.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Flamenco.3894

Congratulations once again

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Good job?

Because I’ve already done it before and doing it again makes me want to fall asleep.

If the game was actually challenging and difficult then I might consider leveling the old fashioned way. Unfortunately I have to try really hard to die in PVE. NPC’s are auto attacked to death and the gameplay is so dull that it makes me wonder how anyone can consider it even remotely interesting.

If the game is so tedious to you why play at all? Spvp and wvw auto level, this game has practically no barriers to entry for most of its content. Do you just want a new cursed shore farming character? You sound jaded/burned out, maybe take a break from the game for a bit?

Why play it at all? WvW buddy. WvW…

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Good job?

It isn’t fun, it really sux crafting for levels, very boring. But it is the lesser of evils. I leveled my first 2 chars through hearts, DE’s, and PS. I could not do the same thing again. So what I did was level my next 3 to about 25-30 then crafted for 30 levels (this can be done for about <15g) And then finished them off in either WvW or DE’s/PS/dungeons. This way I was able to learn how to play with them while not having to do the same hearts all over again. I don’t think I would want to jsut level by crafting all the way because part of the fun is learning to play your class while leveling.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

0-80 in under 8 hours

Alkron.1345

this is my 3rd alt, my main is a ranger. i play that primarily in wvw, but my guild is a little short on necros. so, me being a good guildie, i made a necro and leveled it as fast as possible.

oh, and that 98g included all exotic costs. not just materials.

Yeah I feel you, after a while it’s a pain to level (5 lvl 80s right now and one in the 20s, which only happened cause I was helping teach a newbie the ropes of the game so I ran with him)

Oh that makes more sense then. I also trimmed costs by having materials, once I burned through my collectibles it definitely started denting my wallet.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Good job?

It isn’t fun, it really sux crafting for levels, very boring. But it is the lesser of evils. I leveled my first 2 chars through hearts, DE’s, and PS. I could not do the same thing again. So what I did was level my next 3 to about 25-30 then crafted for 30 levels (this can be done for about <15g) And then finished them off in either WvW or DE’s/PS/dungeons. This way I was able to learn how to play with them while not having to do the same hearts all over again. I don’t think I would want to jsut level by crafting all the way because part of the fun is learning to play your class while leveling.

I tend to level say 10+ in WvW but i am very slow about it. I only have 3 level 80 my other 2 are still very low level and will not be level 80 any time soon. I went out of my way to go slow for my first level 80 most of my friends got 80 3 to 4 times faster then me but they got very bored with the game and where unable to wait for more things to come.

If you do level up fast try to not comply burn out or you will lose a lot of happiness this game can make.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

yeah, i didnt even bother with trying to figure out what i had beforehand. i just dove right in and bought everything.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

It’s way more expensive and of course ends you up with no karma or waypoints open but it IS nice that it’s an option for people that want that. Though, yea, it looks like you overpaid pretty substantially. Definitely recommend doing purchase orders and not instant buys for stuff like that (honestly, in general it’s better).

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Its not awesome. The fact that most everyone does this nowdays just shows how bad and boring pve is to level up. I much preferred leveling up in GW1, it was quick (can be slow if you wanted it) and fun going through those missions in co-op

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Congratulations, and haters going to hate.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Everytime I level a new character, I craft probably around 30 levels worth. Why? There’s 3 professions that are pretty cheap to max out and the amount of time/money spent otherwise via normal leveling is simply not worth it. I can make that money back and MORE by just running a couple dungeons and still come out ahead by hours upon hours of time.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Shimond.2478

Its not awesome. The fact that most everyone does this nowdays just shows how bad and boring pve is to level up. I much preferred leveling up in GW1, it was quick (can be slow if you wanted it) and fun going through those missions in co-op

I don’t know anyone personally that’s done it. Some might skip 10 levels or so by doing a crafting mastery (I do that typically 70-80 just cause I get impatient) but it’s a pretty significant investment to level all 8 professions on one character.

In fact I have 4 80s myself and haven’t done much craft levelling at all (just what I said above). I really enjoy the levelling in this game, moreso than the ‘endgame’

0-80 in under 8 hours

Flamenco.3894

Why play it at all? WvW buddy. WvW…

You only need to be level 2 to wvw.

That’s a fast way to complete your monthly deaths

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

now, ready for the price? 98g- which isnt really that bad if you think about it.

Yikes!

I think I prefer my method. I level a character until they’re about level 30, since the beginning sections are easy, interesting, and decently populated, not to mention the personal story is still pretty good around that time. Usually takes a day or two.

Then I level 4 different crafts to 400. Usually takes about 3-4 hours and costs somewhere in the realm of 12 gold or less if you place buy orders for everything you need while doing the initial 30 levels. This gains 40-ish levels to get to level 70.

Then I just play normally after level 70, where everything is populated again and you get absurd amounts of XP just for hitting POIs and Waypoints on the way to wherever you’re going.

98 gold doesn’t seem worth it to me for a level 80 character, but I’ll gladly spend 12 gold or so to skip the relatively boring mid-levels of the game.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

0-80 in under 8 hours

Flamenco.3894

now, ready for the price? 98g- which isnt really that bad if you think about it.

Yikes!

I think I prefer my method. I level a character until they’re about level 30, since the beginning sections are easy, interesting, and decently populated, not to mention the personal story is still pretty good around that time. Usually takes a day or two.

Then I level 4 different crafts to 400. Usually takes about 3-4 hours and costs somewhere in the realm of 12 gold or less if you place buy orders for everything you need while doing the initial 30 levels. This gains 40-ish levels to get to level 70.

Then I just play normally after level 70, where everything is populated again and you get absurd amounts of XP just for hitting POIs and Waypoints on the way to wherever you’re going.

98 gold doesn’t seem worth it to me for a level 80 character, but I’ll gladly spend 12 gold or so to skip the relatively boring mid-levels of the game.

Which crafting disciplines do you level up?

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Bob.5732

Bob.5732

This makes me a sad panda. Granted, I’m just a pretty casual player, but I have been playing since launch and only have about 3g tops across my account. I know it’s all relative to a person’s playstyle, but to see someone say 100g isn’t squat sounds crazy to me. I may never see 100g! :p

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: JDogg.3410

JDogg.3410

I think this was always possible as long as there were enough materials on the trading post. Spending nearly 100 gold on leveling a character is about the equivalent of $100 worth of gems. I wonder if you could get a better rate from a power leveling service.

I’ve never really understood buying characters for MMO’s so I suppose this is just another thing I don’t understand. I can appreciate that it’s instant gratification but when the point of a game is to play and your level 80 is downgraded to fit the zone it’s in and the fact that there isn’t a ton of level 80 only stuff it just doesn’t make alot of sense. If you skip all of the sub-80 content, buy a level 80, and only do level 80 things it wouldnt be much of a game.

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

people seem to be forgetting that i did this ONLY for wvw. no pve, what-so-ever.

ok- so i’ll let you guys in on a little secret. the reason i wanted to make this toon 80 asap is, my guild leader asked if we could start necro alts. because we are short on them in guild and a build idea he has for wvw.
anyway, he wants us to make the necro alts. so i decide to make the biggest, ugliest, and largest norn female i can. i mean, her eyes are slanted down, big duck sauce lips. massive square jaw and cheek bones. and i named her after my wvw commander. im not saying his name. sorry. anyway, it was good for a laugh. and many nights of endless troll to come. that alone i think is worth the gold i spent to get her to 80 before he logged on for wvw last night

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Razgriz.2590

Razgriz.2590

uuuuuhhhhh why did it cost you so much?
http://gw2crafts.net/total.html

Borlis Pass
Norgy lvl 80 Guardian
Guild: Hunting Hunters[HH]

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

100 gold is more than twice as much gold as I’ve ever had.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

this post inspires me to level my new guardian alt even harder! o_o even though i can only afford to do 3 crafting disciplines, it will still save a lot of time. plus, i usually have a good supply of t1 mats accumulated from all my alts, so i can pick up a couple spare levels just by refining those. hooray crafting!

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: StevesDad.8213

StevesDad.8213

I think you’re a bit delusional as to how much people care about what your guild is doing, no one wants to know his name and no one cares…

PS: kitten you moderator.

0-80 in under 8 hours

StevesDad.8213

Nope, you just act with this huge veil of secrecy as if anyone really cares or was going to ask who your leader was like it’s a huge secret. Do you think this is TMZ?

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

I think you’re a bit delusional as to how much people care about what your guild is doing, no one wants to know his name and no one cares…

PS: kitten you moderator.

don’t be childish. i wasn’t withholding his name for your sake. it was for his.

0-80 in under 8 hours

StevesDad.8213

I get that, but the thing is, no one was going to ask.

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

Just keep mashing report so the Gestapo can come and nanny you, whatever. This is the worst official MMO forum I have ever seen.

i don’t have to mash report. there are other people that find you repulsive.

0-80 in under 8 hours

StevesDad.8213

Just keep mashing report so the Gestapo can come and nanny you, whatever. This is the worst official MMO forum I have ever seen.

i don’t have to mash report. there are other people that find you repulsive.

You have a very very thin skin, but this is the official GW2 forums so I can’t be surprised about that I guess.

Repulsive is a very strong word to use for someone who said that no one cares what your guild is doing, even though you said you were “telling us” a “secret”.

Thanks!

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

after getting two pre-cursors in 2 and a half weeks i did the same thing and craft leveled 2 characters to 80. i got to skip all the stuff i didn’t want to do again. i love all the content. i had leveled 4 characters to 80 the old fashioned way and was burned out on the lower level combat. i really think combat starts getting interesting post 40. it was just because i had the money to level them all the way that i did so. it’s actually really fun running from LA all the way to Orr as well after you do it. i had armor sets waiting for them too from doing a lot of dungeons and having tokens so that was nice. I bought Orrian Jewelry boxes and opened them and used the karma on those characters from the jugs too.

I find it nice that ArenaNet gives us so many options in how we want to play. After doing the low level zones so many times, I loved that I had this option to craft level and play new classes in the content I still really enjoy(Dungeons/Fractals/High End zones/Dragon Fights/God Temple Events etc.)/

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

But the most important part of the leveling process is learning to play.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

0-80 in under 8 hours

StevesDad.8213

He already knows how to play and there’s no reason he shouldn’t be able to do this, despite my criticisms.

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

you are so right. i would say that you should level at least 2 characters the normal way before taking any “easy” way out.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Fluffy Ferocious.9807

Fluffy Ferocious.9807

On the other hand, regarding money… I leveled my guardian to 80 in about 1.5-2 weeks of casual play (didn’t do any crafting for XP as I have master crafter on another char). I did not spend a single copper on any weapons or armor until I reached 80. Instead, I used Karma to purchase all armor and weapons and accessories.

In that 1.5-2 weeks of casual play I was able to rack up 16g just on that character doing “typical” PVE play (hearts, dailies, events, personal story, etc). No grinding and no PVP or WVW. The money came from the usual sources with the exception of BLTC – I did not sell any of my mats.

At level 80, I spent 16g to fully load exotic armor and weapons. I had 30 laurels and picked up an ascended amulet, which obviously allowed me to spend more on rings and such.

Some of the rare mats (globs, T6 thingies) came from existing stock from my other character’s exploits. Not too much, though. I had maybe 11 globs and say 7 powerful bloods. I had most of the ori, gossamer, and ancient logs. The rest I paid for out of pocket.

So the point here is only to say – if you save your $$ through level progression, using only Karma, you can more or less fully outfit a character via that character’s earnings alone. No need to buy gold or to invest mass amounts from other characters.

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

Yikes!

yeah, i knew they way i did it wasn’t going to be efficient at all. lol the way your talking about is very very efficent. i leveled up my mesmer that way. got him to 30 then crafted the rest. at 70 i did personal story till i got 80. that brings you across the map as well.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Shimond.2478

On the contrary, you don’t REALLY know how to play until you’re 80 and have tried various builds with full traits. Few builds that work great levelling stand up at all in Orr. Levelling doesn’t teach you nearly as much as you’d like to think.

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

levelin by crafting? old story

but if this is such an exciting achievement in your life that you have to post it and let the world know that you managed it to spend 100 gold…so be it.

you have done well pat pat

This won’t end well…

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I just don’t see the fun in that, but if you’ve got that much gold to spare and don’t see the appeal of actually…you know…’playing’ the game, suit yourself.
Just don’t come crying for more levels, gear progression, etc. when you’re done.

Polka will never die

0-80 in under 8 hours

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Good job?

I’ll use your post to address all the “play police” posts. It really doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with rushing through content or not playing the game. My first character to 80 I leveled solely by gameplay, no WvW, no Dungeon. With my next 8 characters, I tended to level to 75 and then craft the final 5 levels as once you’ve seen the level 75-80 areas, there’s not a lot of new content to see. BTW, if you’ve been playing awhile and collecting mats, the cost of leveling through crafting can be about half of what OP mentioned.

On my last character to 80 (earlier this week) I decided to craft him all the way, well from level 5. I finished him in one day with 1% map completion. Would I recommend that for someone new to the game? Of course not. Would I recommend it to someone with 7 80’s who’ve been there, done that? Sure. For many classes, which tend to come together in the later levels, you can safely begin ‘learning’ them when you have your full palette from which to learn.

Does this mean that my crafting leveled character escapes experiencing the world? No, he’ll just do it as a down-scaled player experiencing every part of the explorable map. It’s kind of daunting seeing that 1% map completion—he has a lot of Tyria to experience. But, I’m sure I will enjoy the journey. It’s a great game after all.

(edited by Raine.1394)

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

as i have already said, and im sorry if you have not ready that part. but the 100g also included the cost of exotic gear. remove 30g for exotic knights armor, weapons, and jewelry. that is 70g to go from 0-80 in crafting. in the picture i do NOT have any gear on. because i had not purchased it yet.

(edited by DonFoe.9604)

0-80 in under 8 hours

DonFoe.9604

levelin by crafting? old story

but if this is such an exciting achievement in your life that you have to post it and let the world know that you managed it to spend 100 gold…so be it.

you have done well pat pat

but have you dont it from 0-80 in under 8 hours? because you have obviously not read the thread title.