1-80 World record?

1-80 World record?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

As per title: I think I broke the record for fastest 1-80. (Maybe 80 with the least world completion as well?)10 Minutes is my time, as my first screenshot conveys in the chat box. Character was made about half a year ago, when I decided 1: I needed a bank character 2:I hate playing rangers 3: I hate sylvari. I hadn’t come around to actually logging into him (hence him being 180 days old), and figured i’d just power level him to 80, since I hated seeing a level 1 on my character selection.

Interesting side point: because he had been created so long ago, when I looked at traits, I had already unlocked all but the new grandmaster traits.
1st screen shows age.
2nd screen shows world completion %

Attachments:

1-80 World record?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Try again. Sure you went from 1-80 in 10 minutes, but the character existed for much longer than that. Also, you spent more than 10 minutes due to the time it took to research what items to buy, and what items to craft.

And on top of that, the record time is actually about 60-90 seconds. And that’s if they’re slow on character creation.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Anyone can do that if they have enough tome of knowledge

vvuevv

1-80 World record?

Heapheaus.5238

60 seconds. I’d like to see that. Character existed, not ever played. Play time is 10minutes. I didn’t craft, if you want me to upload a screenshot of that as well.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

60 seconds. I’d like to see that. Character existed, not ever played. Play time is 10minutes. I didn’t craft, if you want me to upload a screenshot of that as well.

79 Tomes of Knowledge in bank. Account has Deluxe Upgrade. Create character. Get banker golem in mail. Take tomes out of bank. Mash the mouse button and use all the Tomes. Done.

Edit: I also find it extremely unlikely you can even reach level 80 in 10 minutes without crafting. Tomes would make it much lower than 10 minutes. I sincerely doubt you completed events, as that would imply you cleared out your inventory before taking the screenshot, not to mention sheer impossibility. 1-80 off event completion along would require over a thousand events. Even assuming you completed events at the unheard of pace of 1 event per second, that would still take 19 minutes.

So the more likely case is you edited the first image to display an XP bar off another character because I dont see how else you’d be able to achieve level 80 by doing literally nothing.

(edited by Aidan Savage.2078)

1-80 World record?

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

Experience scroll and 60 Tomes, less clicking.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

birthday gift + 60 ToK = lvl 80 in under 5 minutes (considering the character introduction cutscene bullkitten)

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

1-80 World record?

Heapheaus.5238

Experience scroll and 60 Tomes, less clicking.

Exactly. I still have 5 of those scrolls, and every class capped. over 100 tomes leftover as well. and Yes it could be done faster, AFAIK nobody has yet.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Well, i pretty much can put any toon from 1-80 as soon I get out of starter training.

I have 4 experience scrolls, and around of 100 tomes of knowledge. Nothing interesting on your “Made”.

1-80 World record?

Heapheaus.5238

birthday gift + 60 ToK = lvl 80 in under 5 minutes (considering the character introduction cutscene bullkitten)

Think i’m going to try this. BRB with results.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I should have known better to think that this had anything to do with actually playing the game up to 80. Hitting scrolls and tomes any ape can do.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

1-80 World record?

Heapheaus.5238

yeah 5-6ish minutes.

Attachments:

1-80 World record?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

people are competing who can click tome of knowledge fast enough now

1-80 World record?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah 5-6ish minutes.

lol… dem ..you really tested it…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

1-80 World record?

laokoko.7403

5-6 min sounds long though.

You should be able to go through the cut screen quickly get the tome of knowledge and spam right?

I’m surprise it took 5-6 minutes.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I should have known better to think that this had anything to do with actually playing the game up to 80. Hitting scrolls and tomes any ape can do.

Welcome to the modern era of Guild Wars 2.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I would be more interested and or possibly impressed if you did map complete and story complete in X times for a record rather than clicking on an icon.

1-80 World record?

laokoko.7403

I finished pve map completion and personal story in 53 hours on a necromancer. It dont’ take that long actually.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Congratulations. Now you can play the game if you want.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

people are competing who can click tome of knowledge fast enough now

LMAO there should be an achievement for this! XD

“Lazy leveler achievement…-25 AP”
And the reward:“Ascended Zomoros Facepalm” (read his somewhere..still thinks it is a priceless joke )

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

1-80 World record?

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Yes, because of all those thousands of players no one except you has come to the idea od using 60 tomes of knowledge …

1-80 World record?

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

And me who was levelling my alts the hard way with all those ToK in banks. I was really wondering what those were useful for!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

1-80 World record?

Posted by: theodor.3480

theodor.3480

That the use for toK? I thought the were cheese for zomorros

I hear no evil, I fear no evil

1-80 World record?

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

My question is, if you hate sylvari and rangers, why not delete your level 1 sylvari ranger, create a character you wouldn’t hate and then use the ToK’s and Experience Scroll on that? Some logic is missing here….beyond the obvious.

1-80 World record?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Congrats OP! You beat the game!!!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

1-80 World record?

Heapheaus.5238

My question is, if you hate sylvari and rangers, why not delete your level 1 sylvari ranger, create a character you wouldn’t hate and then use the ToK’s and Experience Scroll on that? Some logic is missing here….beyond the obvious.

I’m planning on using it as a bank character. Only reason it’s 80 is because I don’t like having a non 80 on my character select :P