1 Year 5 months 11 days

1 Year 5 months 11 days

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Since the last major permanent endgame content release…

While this next update is definitely one of the better ones to fix the core game, but it adds nothing original, and for players who strive for endgame PvE/PvP content this game is getting really stale. I’ve been back after an almost half a year break finding myself doing exactly the same thing I did before.

I like the ever changing / updating living story, or the idea anyways (not a fan of the writing). I don’t see why Anet cant find the time to at the very least introduce new challenging dungeons or raids once or twice a year with updated rewards (ascended gear / new skins)

It would also be nice to see existing dungeon be re tooled / bug fixed. Exploits are rampant and the same ones have existed for longer than a year. Trash exists only as something to be skipped, and for new players this can be a huge hurdle to overcome especially in the longer skips in arah.

adding a couple new wings to an existing dungeon (fractals) and adding a 1 in 1000 chance to receive the new tier of gear doesn’t constitute a major update.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The Jungle Wurm was added very recently, on January 21st 2014, just 2 months ago.
5 New Fractals (2 boss, 3 normal) were added on November 26th 2013, about 4 months ago.
Aetherblade Path was released on October 1st 2013, about 5 months ago.
Tequatl was released on September 17 2013, about 6 months ago.

So one permanent endgame content addition nearly every month.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

World bosses are still loot pinatas, where I stand still, turn on my auto attack, check facebook, then collect my Anet™ approved 2 boxes and open the chest to find 3 blues and 4-6 silver. They could of added 1000 new world bosses and it wouldn’t matter, it’s a complete faceroll and waste of time for most people.

The new wings of those dungeon were nice, but could hardly stand on their own.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

The Jungle Wurm was added very recently, on January 21st 2014, just 2 months ago.
5 New Fractals (2 boss, 3 normal) were added on November 26th 2013, about 4 months ago.

The aetherblade path was added, and one path was removed for it – no addition.
Tequatl was there before – no addition.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Ah okay, so basically it’s:

“They added all this stuff but I don’t care about that. So, it doesn’t actually count.”

Riveting stuff.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The jungle wurm (new and hard) and Teq (not new and not as hard) aren’t end game content. One of the paths replaced an existing path, so that’s a wash.

Otherwise you’re mostly right. The have added some new content. Not the content I want, but it is something.

SBI

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Ark.6839

Ark.6839

I think he means endgame content for a 5-man team, not a 150-man map.
And like he said, an end-game content that actually offers something new to the game… the aetherblade path is fun the first time… then it just becomes the same old thing, with really no new content to lure me there. Any special skins you can only get there?
Fractals are the same dungeon over and over, just with more damage/mobs in them. Yay. After you get a good AR, you’re basically left to play cautiously and they give you nearly no trouble.
Having to depend on 149 other people in order to do “new” content? Depending on 4 can sometimes be a chore, much less 149 others.
I think this (that I wrote on facebook to them) completely relates to this topic:
Hmm… with all these updates, what will people have left to do in a while? Legendary skins are about to become so common, they won’t be that special anymore. Ascended sets can now be traded, so can skins. WvW exp will be account bound, so you won’t even have to work harder in order to bring a helpful character into WvW. PvP is… yeah. Dungeons are… farm fests? Most of the ones being done are the easy/quick paths to get gold, and fractals… they just don’t pose the same challenge now that AR is so common.
Are you adding new ways for us to spend gold? Are you adding new challenges for 5-man teams instead of the new 150-man content? Or is my one and only objective left in this going to be… grabbing that one legendary skin that really won’t change much for me (since I’m running full ascended as it is)?

1 Year 5 months 11 days

maddoctor.2738

The jungle wurm (new and hard) and Teq (not new and not as hard) aren’t end game content. One of the paths replaced an existing path, so that’s a wash.

Otherwise you’re mostly right. The have added some new content. I’d agree with the OP’s overview that not much is different though.

Tequatl has completely redesigned mechanics, it requires way more people to defeat and more coordination. The old version was a joke. So in that sense it’s new, you may don’t like it but it’s new, and it IS end game content since it gives the highest quality gear, not to mention it is the hardest content in the game.

The new path replaced another path, so that doesn’t make it new? Seriously?

It’s 4 new endgame content in 6 months no matter how the OP, or you, twist it around.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

maddoctor.2738

“They added all this stuff but I don’t care about that. So, it doesn’t actually count.”

Riveting stuff.

That what the OP and some others on this thread think….

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Riveting stuff.

The only thing that could be considered remotely an addition to endgame was the 5 fractal paths, which if you were already lvl 50, there was absolute positively no reason to do them, most people by then are absolutely sick of fractals.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Clearly the OP has a specific ‘endgame content’ in mind, and anything to prove otherwise will still show that it has been 1 year 5 months 11 days.

This comes up often, if someone believes that they are not receiving what they want then there has been 0 development in the game. I for one am not like the OP and see how much the developers have put in the game and what else is coming. I also am very happy I have not had to pay a monthly fee nor pay for the content that is being developed and released.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

maddoctor.2738

Riveting stuff.

The only thing that could be considered remotely an addition to endgame was the 5 fractal paths, which if you were already lvl 50, there was absolute positively no reason to do them, most people by then are absolutely sick of fractals.

So it’s obvious that is loads of new endgame content added in the game but you just don’t want to do it. Right

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s a good thing, I don’t wanna end game content.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Otherwise you’re mostly right. The have added some new content. I’d agree with the OP’s overview that not much is different though.

Tequatl has completely redesigned mechanics, it requires way more people to defeat and more coordination. The old version was a joke. So in that sense it’s new, you may don’t like it but it’s new, and it IS end game content since it gives the highest quality gear, not to mention it is the hardest content in the game.

It’s 4 new endgame content in 6 months no matter how the OP, or you, twist it around.

So they changed Teq from a joke to a laugh? I STILL afk him and collect loot. Hes not hard, he requires no coordination, hes a loot pinata just the same as before, this time with a little more bite than bark.

And I’ve done teq maybe about 30 times since he was changed, never once received an upgrade or even a better skin than i had from doing 2 year old dungeons.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Riveting stuff.

So it’s obvious that is loads of new endgame content added in the game but you just don’t want to do it. Right

I have done it all, when Teq came out I went and killed him with a zerg in about 5 minutes, if you call that “endgame” I can see how you don’t understand where I’m coming from.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zypher.7609

Riveting stuff.

I have done it all, when Teq came out I went and killed him with a zerg in about 5 minutes, if you call that “endgame” I can see how you don’t understand where I’m coming from.

And there it is, so you just admitted that this is not the endgame content that you want. You should edit the OP to reflect this change, because what you are saying is that there is not endgame content added in 1 year 5 months 11 days. At least if you are going to add numbers to things have accurate statements to back it up.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

First, Teq isn’t the hardest thing in the game – not by a longshot. I also never said I didn’t like it. All I said was I wanted different content (which wasn’t even tied to the Teq paragraph). Huge distinction. End game – nope. No matter how many times you say it, it is not end game content.

Taking out one path for another may be ‘new’ in your book but in the same vein, it was also the removal of content. Hence a wash in end game content.

Even if I agreed with your counting methods, its been 18 months since the release of the game. The additions have been few and far between when it comes to end game. I blame LS for wasting time and effort that could have been put to better use.

SBI

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Riveting stuff.

And there it is, so you just admitted that this is not the endgame content that you want. You should edit the OP to reflect this change, because what you are saying is that there is not endgame content added in 1 year 5 months 11 days. At least if you are going to add numbers to things have accurate statements to back it up.

Ya you sure got me! Teq sure is one of the hardest things to accomplish in the game, I almost squealed in joy the 1st time we downed that sucker XD ! LOL @ those noobs who think Arah is hard !

And the loot… simply EPIC, nothing will EVER give me that rush again.

I cant wait for more worldbosses, who needs stinky dungeon or proper raids?

(edited by Zepidel.5349)

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

World bosses are still loot pinatas, where I stand still, turn on my auto attack, check facebook, then collect my Anet™ approved 2 boxes and open the chest to find 3 blues and 4-6 silver. They could of added 1000 new world bosses and it wouldn’t matter, it’s a complete faceroll and waste of time for most people.

Does this strategy work for the Jungle Wurms or Tequatl? Because I haven’t participated in an attempt at either of these that was successful. Maybe we were just doing it wrong because we weren’t doing this. I’ll tell everybody to do this next time I attempt them. I look forward to finally beating them!

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zypher.7609

Riveting stuff.

Ya you sure got me! Teq sure is one of the hardest things to accomplish in the game, I almost squealed in joy the 1st time we downed that sucker XD !

And the loot… simply EPIC, nothing will EVER give me that rush again.

I cant wait for more worldbosses, who needs stinky dungeon or proper raids?

Not trying to get anything, I am just pointing out that your original post is not logically correct. You state that there is no endgame content added in X amount of time. Then you state that there is endgame content just stuff you find faceroll easy or stuff you just don’t like.

Because of that contradiction to the original statement the entire post has now become invalid. I’m not trying to side either way just pointing out simple logic.

I like apples
I do not like apples
——
Conclusion? Who knows because I have stated both.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Although this might be a very out of place remark but the forums have a lot in common with American politics, everyone’s hovering around the extremes of their believes and ideologies and no one is willing to give a inch of admit they’re wrong. Which makes attempting to prove the other side wrong pointless.

Those that think GW2 is dead, with no end-game will always think that, those that think GW2 is doing fine with plenty of things to do at end game will always think that.

Arguing is futile.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I think you’re talking out of your kitten on this.

When Tequatl was redone it was a pretty big deal that Blackgate killed it the day of the patch. My server took a day or two to nail it, and others longer than that.

That fight is impossible to clear in 5 minutes, and if you akitten during the fight I would almost guarantee that you died…. a lot. So, I’m not going to go with the others here and say that it’s just endgame content you don’t want to do… I’m going to call you a troll that is making up circumstances and events that never actually happened to make your side appear more legitimate.

Either that, or the fact that you’ve never gotten decent loot from Tequatl is testimate enough that you don’t even try to play the game; just auto pilot. You might have even just gotten killed by the giant tidal wave after you fail to kill the boss, got the worst loot, and thought “Hey, I beat it”.

But like others have said anyway; none of this content requires your participation. You can just quit the game and play when they add something in line with your interest rather than complaining “what about MY needs”.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Although this might be a very out of place remark but the forums have a lot in common with American politics, everyone’s hovering around the extremes of their believes and ideologies and no one is willing to give a inch of admit they’re wrong. Which makes attempting to prove the other side wrong pointless.

Those that think GW2 is dead, with no end-game will always think that, those that think GW2 is doing fine with plenty of things to do at end game will always think that.

Arguing is futile.

There really is no endgame in GW2.

I can level to 80 then run CoF till my eyes bleed for a couple days and be in full zerker exiotic. Then there is no reason whatsoever to do any other dungeon unless I want the skins.

Then you move onto fractals, do about 300 of them and get the back piece.

Then you spend $50 dollars on the gem store to buy gold to craft up to 500 to make ascended gear, or you spend 500 hours on the jail train in FSG for that cash.

then you are done.

This is terrible progression.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

When Tequatl was redone it was a pretty big deal that Blackgate killed it the day of the patch. My server took a day or two to nail it, and others longer than that.

That fight is impossible to clear in 5 minutes, and if you akitten during the fight I would almost guarantee that you died…. a lot. So, I’m not going to go with the others here and say that it’s just endgame content you don’t want to do… I’m going to call you a troll that is making up circumstances and events that never actually happened to make your side appear more legitimate.

Either that, or the fact that you’ve never gotten decent loot from Tequatl is testimate enough that you don’t even try to play the game; just auto pilot. You might have even just gotten killed by the giant tidal wave after you fail to kill the boss, got the worst loot, and thought “Hey, I beat it”.

But like others have said anyway; none of this content requires your participation. You can just quit the game and play when they add something in line with your interest rather than complaining “what about MY needs”.

Content so hard it took a whole couple hours to be beaten.

Give me a break dude

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Give me a break dude

So you’re not even taking your own argument seriously? What was the point of your post then, to just troll how you can “literally” finish the content in 2 seconds? I mean, that’s how LITERAL you’ve been arguing from the looks of it.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Give me a break dude

So you’re not even taking your own argument seriously? What was the point of your post then, to just troll how you can “literally” finish the content in 2 seconds? I mean, that’s how LITERAL you’ve been arguing from the looks of it.

Teq is not hard, nor endgame.

What we have been needing for ’1 Year 5 Months and 11 days" is another dungeon comparable to arah or fractals (like flame shaman frac / dredge). Or a boss/raid encounter for 5-40 people that is extremely hard, with very good rewards for the few able to beat it.

I want something challenging, something that makes me get every ounce of effiencency out of my build, gear, and playstyle. And something that rewards me.

Teq does none of those things.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Arguing is futile.

I can level to 80 then run CoF till my eyes bleed for a couple days and be in full zerker exiotic. Then there is no reason whatsoever to do any other dungeon unless I want the skins.

Then you spend $50 dollars on the gem store to buy gold to craft up to 500 to make ascended gear, or you spend 500 hours on the jail train in FSG for that cash.

then you are done.

So you want a gear treadmill ala WoW and you came to GW2… why? There are litterally dozens of MMOs out there if you want to feel amazing by increasing your numbers to fight bosses who just increase their numbers.

These “endgame” content arguments always end the same way, “endgame” content that is PvE is interesting until you beat it. Then its just farm status and boring. Go play some PvP if you want engaging content where you cannot just learn a fight once and do it that SAME EXACT way forever.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Temporary content was a big mistake, it needs permanent mini-expansions not temporary.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Arguing is futile.

then you are done.

So you want a gear treadmill ala WoW and you came to GW2… why? There are litterally dozens of MMOs out there if you want to feel amazing by increasing your numbers to fight bosses who just increase their numbers.

These “endgame” content arguments always end the same way, “endgame” content that is PvE is interesting until you beat it. Then its just farm status and boring. Go play some PvP if you want engaging content where you cannot just learn a fight once and do it that SAME EXACT way forever.

No I came to GW2 to get away from the gear treadmill because I remember a certain game called GW(1) didn’t have one. And GW2 didn’t have one until recently.

You don’t need gear progression to make new and challenging PvE content.

and I love PvP, but thats another story.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Temporary content was a big mistake, it needs permanent mini-expansions not temporary.

Temporary content is fine, it adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game via the living world. The problem is they seem to be using 100% of their resources for it, instead of developing permanent content along side it.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zypher.7609

Lols at the thought of permanent content that people play through once and never touch again, only to become a dead zone. Been there done that with WoW, have you seen Burning Crusade lands? The whole point about temp content is that the world is moving on, if you are not there when something happens then you missed it. This is not the type of game that will just throw content in and let it get stale like the rest of the MMO’s on the market. If you are looking for a world that never changes besides the 1-2 year expansion that comes out it might be time to move on. This game should never go that route, and from how the developers talk it will never go that route.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

I guess we will finally see if Anets temp content vision was viable or if it will be it’s downfall.

Two major titles are being released over the next few months – and both will have an impact on all games at least temporarily.

Whether or not people return after trying these titles will be interesting to see.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Factions
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Nightfall

Comparing those lists to GW2 shows how truly horrible GW2s list of added content really is. It doesnt even come close to one expansion, much less two that were launched in the same timeframe as GW2s “living” story.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Comparing those lists to GW2 shows how truly horrible GW2s list of added content really is. It doesnt even come close to one expansion, much less two that were launched in the same timeframe as GW2s “living” story.

Not to mention there wasn’t a cash shop nickel and dimeing the players at every chance they could. Just where is all the money going to?

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zypher.7609

Not to mention there wasn’t a cash shop nickel and dimeing the players at every chance they could. Just where is all the money going to?

Rude comment, but again most of your posts in this thread have been rather illogical. You really should take a step away from the computer for a bit. You do not have to spend a dime on the gem shop, you can use in game gold.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Wow! if your so fed up with GW2 wtf you still doing here?

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

RoS or really D3 in general was a massive flop, ESO is going to be SWTOR 2.0, I ripped at lvl 86 in the new HC league on PoE and cant find the determination to reroll … There really isn’t any MMO’s out there right now worth a crap. So I’m here, at the best 2014 has to offer unfortunately voicing my concerns with the game.

Is criticism not allowed here?

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Rude comment, but again most of your posts in this thread have been rather illogical. You really should take a step away from the computer for a bit. You do not have to spend a dime on the gem shop, you can use in game gold.

The truth is rude?

Pre- Ascended gear you statement was true. But post ascended the game has become Pay 2 not Grind.

40 dollars or 500 hours on the champ train for 500 proff

15 dollars for lvl 1-80 in 2 hours, or 48 hours in game. Granted leveling in gw2 is pretty fun… the 1st time.

(edited by Zepidel.5349)

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

RoS or really D3 in general was a massive flop, ESO is going to be SWTOR 2.0, I ripped at lvl 86 in the new HC league on PoE and cant find the determination to reroll … There really isn’t any MMO’s out there right now worth a crap. So I’m here, at the best 2014 has to offer unfortunately voicing my concerns with the game.

Nahh..if you have this many complaint then this game isn’t for you anymore. Simple as that.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Nahh..if you have this many complaint then this game isn’t for you anymore. Simple as that.

You’re going to tell a stranger on the internet a video game isn’t for him?

I have tons of complaints for this game, if it hated it I wouldn’t even bother making this thread… I would just quit. If I loved the game I wouldn’t be here either, I’d be playing the game.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Azreell.1568

Perhaps you and many of the people like you are the reason that Anet is so lack luster in it’s development cycle.

The GW2 gem shop exists so Anet and Ncsoft can make a profit first and foremost. The game requires a profit to continue to function. No gem shop sales means no GW2.

That is obviously a difficult ideal for people like you to comprehend. GW2 is not free and it’s just another way to do the same thing. Features you see being released in the manner they are released with micro transactions are nothing more then a sub fee broken down to smaller amounts.

The collection expander is something that would come for free in a sub based game, but for us it costs a certain amount.

This is not a complaint this is simply a reality. The game first and foremost is created to generate revenue and if and when the revenue reduces it’s development slows down or the game ceases to exist.

Once again GW2 does not survive and box sales – It survives on gem shop sales.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

It wasn’t? I am pretty sure I bought more character slots to be able to make an Assasin, Ritualist, Dervish and a Paragon. …. Exactly just what I fealt I had to spend my money on in GW2, character slots. Except for that, everything else I bought in the store has never been needed or something Anet told me I have to get.

Well maby there hasn’t been 2 expansion worth of permanent content in GW2, but I have realy enjoyed playing/following the Living Story and it has kept me entertained far more than any other MMO I have played.

One more thing I wanna add about this with lot’s of new stuff. I have recently had a few friends starting to play and what I think is best is that they don’t have to play 2 expansion worth of content to get to where I am or to participate in the next Living story.

I wouldn’t mind more permanent stuff and I know there will be since we are saying there has to be Let’s se what will happen after the release of the comming competitors.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zypher.7609

Me? I buy gems often to support development. But I think you meant the post I quoted?

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

But post ascended the game has become Pay 2 not Grind.

And that’s a problem…….why exactly?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Azreell.1568

Me? I buy gems often to support development. But I think you meant the post I quoted?

Yes

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Clearly you’ve never been the the jungle wurm then. Good to know we can safely ignore this thread now.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

The whole End Game mentality that people have in MMO’s is severely flawed the way I see it. Its true in the past most MMO’s have been about end game… but it shouldn’t be like that, it should be about the journey not the destination makes sense no?

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Azreell.1568

The whole End Game mentality that people have in MMO’s is severely flawed the way I see it. Its true in the past most MMO’s have been about end game… but it shouldn’t be like that, it should be about the journey not the destination makes sense no?

That would make sense but the problem is that you will spend the majority of your play time at max level or end level – hence the end game comments and the desire for things to do.

No matter what the journey is – it eventually ends are you are then stuck at a level cap.

In games it’s the destination that matters and pays the bills for game companies.

SWTor had the best journey to date in any mmorpg and failed miserably (granted it made a decent come back as a f2p model) due to having nothing to do at release when players hit level cap.

That above example disproves your theory.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

Clearly you’ve never been the the jungle wurm then. Good to know we can safely ignore this thread now.

Implying you weren’t going to dismiss it anyways.

1 Year 5 months 11 days

Zepidel.5349

But post ascended the game has become Pay 2 not Grind.

And that’s a problem…….why exactly?

I don’t agree with a lot of people in this thread, but this is just… I have to call you stupid I’m sorry.