1 day of cheaper server transfers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

I am currently stuck on desolation and with all the epic wvw content coming out im quite sad that im stuck on a constant 3rd place server in wvw, its so empty now and we are aganist the same enemy servers with 3x the numbers we do, we are constantly capped on all maps. i really cant afford to play 17 pound to transfer server but a lower price would be alot more tempting please help

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

Posted by: Webborox.6473

Webborox.6473

You are able to transfer servers buy converting gold to gems and transferring that way. There is no need to use real money. I would suggest to run CoF path 1 for money or play the trading post.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I feel you, but, don’t expect that to ever happen.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

i dont really have to time it would take to make that much gold tbf

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

It’s the usual tradeoff of time/money. Is the time you save from farming that much gold worth 17 pounds to you?

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

You can also transfer your account for free if you delete all of your characters. The server transfer fee is for moving all your characters. If you have no characters, you can move for no charge and everything in your account bank will go with the transfer.

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

You can also transfer your account for free if you delete all of your characters. The server transfer fee is for moving all your characters. If you have no characters, you can move for no charge and everything in your account bank will go with the transfer.

That’s quite a bold claim. Can someone confirm this please?

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Or if it is WvW that you are mainly concerned about you can wait to see what they do with the WvW match-up changes that are coming.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-28-2013/

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

That is correct. Here’s the link to the dev post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Account-transfer/first#post1427223

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

That is correct. Here’s the link to the dev post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Account-transfer/first#post1427223

Cool, thanks!

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I feel you, but, don’t expect that to ever happen.

Yeah, this is pretty much it. I don’t see this happening. Plus you realize that if you want to transfer to “better” wvw servers, the chances are it probably costs you more because they’re probably flooded with more people.

Posted by: jacksonbenete.8042

jacksonbenete.8042

Well, I see the post confirm’s about there is no charge in the transfer, but the dev doesn’t confirmed in this link about the bank itens and the money stored.
I also would like to know about the Laureau, this is account bound, like the bank itens and the pvp glory, so I think it’s also move to in the free transfer.

I will delete all of my characters to transfer, would like if I can use the same character name in the other server and if I can transfter with my bank itens and money…

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Well, I see the post confirm’s about there is no charge in the transfer, but the dev doesn’t confirmed in this link about the bank itens and the money stored.
I also would like to know about the Laureau, this is account bound, like the bank itens and the pvp glory, so I think it’s also move to in the free transfer.

I will delete all of my characters to transfer, would like if I can use the same character name in the other server and if I can transfter with my bank itens and money…

Not sure if Englikittenhink what I’m understanding is that you’d delete all of your characters and remake them on a different server in hopes of retaining your stuff? I don’t think anything in your bank or laurels will be deleted, but all of the karma and soulbound items on the characters as they are deleted will be gone forever.

Edit: what’s with all the “kittens”?

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

jacksonbenete.8042

I want to delete my characters because I have no money to pay a transfer, and all my friends are in another server.
I also would like to retaining my stuff because I spent a lot of time to get that, and I think would be great don’t lose thousands of hours of play. I don’t care about karma and simple itens, but some gold and laureau because of the daily play would be great not to lose.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I want to delete my characters because I have no money to pay a transfer, and all my friends are in another server.
I also would like to retaining my stuff because I spent a lot of time to get that, and I think would be great don’t lose thousands of hours of play. I don’t care about karma and simple itens, but some gold and laureau because of the daily play would be great not to lose.

Just to be certain before you do this I would suggest submitting a help ticket and or posting in the accounts forum.

support.guildwars2.com
‘Ask a Question’

I would recommend the support ticket instead of just the account forum. That way you are getting the answer from the source and have their answer documented should something go wrong. That way you will know for sure what to expect as far as maintaining your items.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Kon.9106

Kon.9106

One day…I will join you brother and in wvw we will rise any server to the top

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Ermm .. there is also the possibility to buy half the gems with real money (as you say a lower price would be acceptable) and that way need lees gold for the transfer.

These days with the buffs in Southcove it’s pretty easy to make money. Imho that’s the better solution, than deleting your chars.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Tbh I think the cost to transfer is too little. Needs to be higher, maybe 50% more. Still we hear entire WvW guilds transferring off because they don’t like their current server.

OP I suggest you wait on transfering. There will be a new ranking system in the patch next week and it will most likely adjust your server to an appropriate tier where people will enjoy WvW.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Tbh I think the cost to transfer is too little. Needs to be higher, maybe 50% more. Still we hear entire WvW guilds transferring off because they don’t like their current server.

OP I suggest you wait on transfering. There will be a new ranking system in the patch next week and it will most likely adjust your server to an appropriate tier where people will enjoy WvW.

I’d love to see how much gold has been used to buy gems to pay for transfers since paid transfers came out. 2 servers have collapsed in NA not to mention EU T1 collapsed as well.

I hope the new ranking system is better, I really do… I feel like WvW is 1 bad update from just imploding and being forgotten in the minds of PvP guilds.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

I am currently stuck on desolation and with all the epic wvw content coming out im quite sad that im stuck on a constant 3rd place server in wvw, its so empty now and we are aganist the same enemy servers with 3x the numbers we do, we are constantly capped on all maps. i really cant afford to play 17 pound to transfer server but a lower price would be alot more tempting please help

+100
most of our wvw zergs lately are not capable of killing claw of Jormag not to mention other players.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

If “all” your “friends” are on another server, maybe they can all chip in a gold or two to help you transfer?

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If “all” your “friends” are on another server, maybe they can all chip in a gold or two to help you transfer?

I’m pretty sure all MY friends would chip in a gold or two to get me off of the server they’re on! lol

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I would be all for this as long as they lock the overpopulated servers like Tarnished Coast from being destinations

jacksonbenete.8042

My friends just started in the game right now, like me, we don’t have money to share, also the transfer is about 50 gold, 1 or 2 gold of each of them won’t be enough.

I opened a ticket, they answer me to give my Itens to one of my friends, because they said everything will be deleted with the character deletion, very strange, anyway is better to do that way, for security.

jacksonbenete.8042

Well, in the answer of the support ticket they said to me that I would lose all of my itens in the transfer…
Well, I deleted all my characters already, and I already in the new server, and all my Bank Itens, and all my achievements are in there, and I could use the same name in the characters.
Thanks for all answers! Everything is fine now! \o

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Well, in the answer of the support ticket they said to me that I would lose all of my itens in the transfer…
Well, I deleted all my characters already, and I already in the new server, and all my Bank Itens, and all my achievements are in there, and I could use the same name in the characters.
Thanks for all answers! Everything is fine now! \o

Gratz! Glad it worked out for you.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/26/guild-wars-2-offers-limited-time-transfers-for-free/

They won’t keep doing that…

Also..one day of cheaper transfers,just for you….Are you people serious..?

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Caedmon,

It seem you miss read the title of the thread entirely, “1 day of cheaper server transfers”

I think the majority of players in the ‘low severs’ or any servers, would like that idea and to have the option available.

I find it would be a Great idea; if it were to be implemented.

(not everyone can afford the high transfer fees)

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Yeah i did,but did you read my post where i linked to a site stating anet having done a Free transfer for Everyone just recently ? Maybe something like this will come in the future again,but i doubt it’s coming any time soon.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

What I would like to see is an ongoing incentive for guilds to spread to lower ranked servers. Make server transfers free or really cheap ongoing, but only to servers ranked at least 2 tiers below the server you are currently on.

It would encourage greater spread and add more diversity to the competition on an ongoing basis. People wanting to transfer to a server with a better winning record than the one they are on should have to pay more. obviously.