10/11 Wintersday Achievement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

As I see in this year the dailies not count into the achievement.
Did ANET do this on purpose?

Actually I am really bad at Bell Choir and dissapointed if I have to force myself doing it.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

O.O

things dont stay the same though it is often that content get reused all the times

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It may be due to the redesign of the Daily system right after it launched? (In other words “would have worked if we hadn’t changed Dailies”?)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

gaborkaldy.3210

So today i have finished the Grank one as well. Now the panel shows i have finished 11 achievement but still 10/11.

Something is wrong…

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Dailies and the scavenger hunt achievements don’t count.

I guess that’s to balance out the fact that this year we only have to do 11 achievements and last year it was 20.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Click on the meta achievement and it will show you a list of what you must complete. And yes, ringing 500 correct notes is one of them.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It may be due to the redesign of the Daily system right after it launched? (In other words “would have worked if we hadn’t changed Dailies”?)

Definitely not, since the Wintersday dailies still run on the old system (including giving laurel for doing 5 of them).

So today i have finished the Grank one as well. Now the panel shows i have finished 11 achievement but still 10/11.

Something is wrong…

Nope, this achievement simply doesn’t count. Look in the meta description, you will find a list of all 11 required achievements. You must do specifically those 11, not 11 out of a bigger pool. This year there’s no choice.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Something is wrong…

What’s wrong is that you haven’t bothered to see what the requirements for the meta are. You should check out the requirements before you complain.

gaborkaldy.3210

Something is wrong…

What’s wrong is that you haven’t bothered to see what the requirements for the meta are. You should check out the requirements before you complain.

Maybe I didn’t know this feature?

Maybe you could be nicer if someone is asking something about they don’t know?

Maybe then, but only maybe I would give a kitten about your opinion.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

gaborkaldy.3210

Thanks for the answers all.

I will skip this years achievement then, no way I will spend a single minute in Bell Choir.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Thanks for the answers all.

I will skip this years achievement then, no way I will spend a single minute in Bell Choir.

If you feel that strongly about it that’s probably a good idea.

The reward is one of the minis sold in the gem store or 100 giant wintersday gifts, so if you really wanted one of them you could get it another way. The only thing you’ll miss out on by not doing the meta achievement is the title.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

If you don’t want to participate in Bell Choir that is fine. I hope you enjoyed Wintersday nonetheless and accept the fact that meta achievements have to require at least the slightest bit of effort in order to be awarded.
Merry Wintersday!

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Achievements related to the jumping puzzle or the Snowball Mayhem also do not count as part of the meta. + Winterdays Dailies.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Evil Octopi.8253

Evil Octopi.8253

I am a bit upset at this as well, 10/11 Wintersday Festivities completed. Opening the meta achievement lists out the 11 activities you HAVE to complete. Not sure why they would even make such a strict change like this. I mean, not everyone likes everything that is available. Having to complete 11 out the only 11 available doesn’t really make sense to me. If the other achievements on the Wintersday festival tab counted towards the meta, complete 11 out of these 15 then that would make sense. That or lowering threshold to 9 of 11 or 10 of 11.