10/15 pet health change

10/15 pet health change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

If someone from Anet is so happens to read this message. Can you answer this: Do the pet health changes effect guardian spirit weapons as well??

Thanks!

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: Lilius.9850

Lilius.9850

What’s the source for the pet health changes?

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

“Any player minion”, spirit weapons suck atm, so I’m guessing they will change.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

In the live stream they said pets and minions in PVE will now have 71% more health.

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

and our ranger pets will still die in 99% of all boss encounters because they cannot jump/dodge or avoid any of the big hitting aoe’s, doesnt matter how much hp they have.

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

and our ranger pets will still die in 99% of all boss encounters because they cannot jump/dodge or avoid any of the big hitting aoe’s, doesnt matter how much hp they have.

guess what the return button is for? or the swap pet button is for.

here i will tell you. you can swap the pet just before the big hit comes or press the return key to make him run back towards you if you are ranged. 2 melee pets you say while you are also melee? *snicker.

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

With my experience in PvE, I have to say, I feel 3/4 of the ranger pet complaints are completely invalid. the problem is 90% lazy player and 10% pet issues.

I control the flow of battle, I control where my pet is, and I watch for the telegraphs of bosses and move myself and my pet. I almost never, ever see other rangers doing that.

You want to complain about pets, try being a turret engineer, those things very literally cannot move at all.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

They could do what most MMOs do with pet class’ and reduce AoE damage to pets (only AoE damage) by 70% or more.

It could even work as a trait if not a standard QoL change.

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

With my experience in PvE, I have to say, I feel 3/4 of the ranger pet complaints are completely invalid. the problem is 90% lazy player and 10% pet issues.

I control the flow of battle, I control where my pet is, and I watch for the telegraphs of bosses and move myself and my pet. I almost never, ever see other rangers doing that.

You want to complain about pets, try being a turret engineer, those things very literally cannot move at all.

Necro minion masters can’t do any of that

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Necro minion masters can’t do any of that

Heh, at least your minions can move.
Engineers’ turrets, on the other hand…

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

guess what the return button is for? or the swap pet button is for.

here i will tell you. you can swap the pet just before the big hit comes or press the return key to make him run back towards you if you are ranged. 2 melee pets you say while you are also melee? *snicker.

F3 doesn’t make them move fast enough to help them survive, and if it’s a room wide AoE like in Twilight Assault, the pet is dead, end of story. And use F4? Okay, 20 second cooldown before we can do it again, at which point the pet dies from his next AoE and we’re without them (and all the pet-centric traits, which is over half of them), for the next how many seconds. Even worse when you switch the pet after cooldown is over, only for the next one to get killed by AoE, and your DPS has hit rock bottom.

Face it, we don’t need more HP for pets, we need an entire rework for pet AI and responses (such as switching from active to passive having a cooldown, but in return pet is immune to everything).

Unless you’ve done most or all of the dungeons on a ranger, I don’t think you are qualified. Mostly because open world PvE is the easiest thing. Dungeons and fractals are what people mean by PvE.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

10/15 pet health change

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

In the live stream they said pets and minions in PVE will now have 71% more health.

Are those player or mob pets and minions?