10 Months of Gameplay and What Are This?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

Here’s a forum post I saw from someone else last night that really put me into thought:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-10-months-changed-my-perspective/first

Where to begin? I won’t make this too long… but…

My Signature says a lot of how I am in game. Obviously, I am a dedicated player. I love this game! But there are so many flaws, which of course is to be expected, but if not attended, can really bring down the gameplay.

When I first played Guild Wars 2 I was, in all honesty, lost. I came from DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) and I played that game for years. Coming to this game was a huge switch for me and I had to take some time to get the hang of the gameplay. After I started understanding the gameplay I was drawn in an seduced by the game itself! It was amazing, Graphics were sweet, the effects were eye drawing, and the sounds and music could not have been more perfect. Soon I became addicted to this game. I read up more about it and all the fun/cool things that would be brought to it. I played mainly in PvP for the first 2-3 weeks with my guardian, and soon decided to move onto PvE. So I leveled in the PvE zone working my way slowly up, and during that time I also tried other classes for a short amount of time (usually 3-7 days) to see what I would like to play on the side, or after I hit max level with my guardian. I gave dungeons a shot and boy they were HARD. It was fun but still, super hard at that time. I had some fun but soon people started to do exploits with the fun things in the game; World Bosses, Dungeons, Events, and more. This started to get really boring. Long fun runs with the group to kill mobs and enjoy the gameplay soon became tedious speed runs for money, loot, or tokens. Everything became fast paced. Groups started to stick with the motto, “Keep up or get Booted”. And so I did. Before I knew it I became one of those players who wanted to enjoy the gameplay into a speed running exploiter. I always tried to persuade groups into playing normally but they all disagree and I knew if I continued to say, “No Exploiting”, I would have gotten booted. So I continued with this constant Grind for Money, Mats, and Tokens. After I got bored of it all I decided to level another character, hopefully to find that light out of the darkness in game. I believe my second toon was my Warrior. I got her to 80 but ended up deleting her to recreate a charr. In the middle of it, my guild members pushed me to get commander so I could lead so I did. I constantly grinded money and tokens for a week. Exhausted and worn out, I managed to come up with 100g and a full set of armor on an elem. I led in WvW and played a lot of that for awhile, then came back to PvE for money. I crafted and bought new armor, weapons, made some good money, got commander a second time, bought dyes, gave out skins to players in guild and not in guild, gave out weapons and items to new players to help them, loaned massive amounts of money to players who needed it and tried to be better than most players in this game. Players here are greedy and full of it. They talk so much trash and can tear apart the game for you. Customer service in this game isn’t so great either. That’s another thing that’s a huge downer. I understand that there are people who keep an eye on the forums, but why not have them also attend in tickets in game rather than having their focus on forums? One thing I loved about DAoC is that when you file a report on something, there will be someone that will talk to you in game and help you with your issue. Oh I loved it. Even though sometimes there was a wait, at least there can be someone that would help you with your issue so that you can continue to enjoy your in-game experience.

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

Dezarys.1372

I want to continue and continue rambling and talking but I know I could be doing better things. I just want to add this:

This game (in my honest opinion) has so much potential. I’m hoping that the promises that were made from the start will find its way back on track so that players who want to enjoy the gameplay experience can actually enjoy it and not run through it and toss it out after some time playing.

I’ve had a few friends join to play this game then leave and quit for good because they hated it. They said the dungeons were “stupid” because everyone exploits, everyone speed runs, and it was no fun for them. The got lost and tried to pick up the pace but would fall behind and get booted. World bosses were terrible, they hated it because people just sat down together spammed skill 1, got loot, and left. There are no tactics behind killing this amazing mob, even I find it boring myself. PvP was okay, they left so they couldnt’ see this new spectate mode but the spectating is horrible. I join a server to play not watch a full game. People won’t even swap out for you to enjoy the gameplay. WvW was fun, we had a blast because it brought us back to our days in DAoC. But it was always zergy, and in those huge battles you cant even use your skills. You just walk around and die. I just hope this game finds it’s way back on the path it was promised to do. Also, I hope any upcoming events will have great stories and that these events will have content that the developers put effort into. It seems like they want to attract players and get money more than present a game that that will be known as the greatest MMO for years to come. Lets be honest, a lot of the events haven’t been as great as they should. Southsun was… I don’t even want to start a topic on that. Anyways. I want to hear some feedback. Good or bad. and what you think about this game and where it’s heading.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Psst! Hey you. Paragraphs.

I’ve been playing since the first week of the year and while I don’t have the massive buzz I first had I still think this is the mmo that will see out my mmo playing days. Yes, plenty of potential and I’m happy to see where it’s all going to go. I’ve hardly dungeoned or wvwed so there’s content that’s new to me after all these months. Can’t even say year or years yet.

I miss Daoc too btw.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Wall of text and no TL;DR.

Gave up.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Dezarys.1372

Psst! Hey you. Paragraphs.

I’ve been playing since the first week of the year and while I don’t have the massive buzz I first had I still think this is the mmo that will see out my mmo playing days. Yes, plenty of potential and I’m happy to see where it’s all going to go. I’ve hardly dungeoned or wvwed so there’s content that’s new to me after all these months. Can’t even say year or years yet.

I miss Daoc too btw.

When I played DAoC my buzz was always there, everytime I played. I enjoyed the 8 man groups and running around on raids or in RvR. I never lost it. This game is great but I’m hoping I can get that feeling back from when I first played it or something close to it. Most of my game time has been grinding money or mats, and not enough time enjoying playing the game. And when issues arise in game for me I can’t talk to anyone about it. I can’t vent on forums, venting in map I’d just get a bunch of rude players who just talk a lot of junk, venting in guild and people will simply agree start a convo but most never experience what I have. I want to reach out a larger amount of players who have experienced what I have or possibly a representative to help talk the issue with me.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I still have the buzz when I play this its just not the massive one of something new and shiny.

I suppose the difference between us is that it took me only a few weeks to realise that grinding for gold/materials just wasn’t going to be the same in this to what I knew. I didn’t leave it at the door but I left it in the hallway, so to speak. I still farm occasionally just because I get the itch.

I just play this game as I find it. I level my alts and plan out their exciting blood-soaked lives. I run around and do whatever I see needs doing.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

You know you’re in trouble when the OP starts with " I won’t make this too long… but…"