in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

10 characters and I don’t have a char;
- 6 Humans
- 2 Sylvari
- 1 Norn
- 1 Asura

Surveyed around, apparently I’m not the only one that has 8+ characters with no Chars. Convince US to play a char! (Friendly discussion only please, negative comments that doesn’t help answering the topic will be reported!)

So for all of you Char lovers, please tell US why Chars!
Let’s see how you make us want to HAVE a Char! (Or more if you’re very convincing)

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.

(edited by Stalvros.9217)

10 chars, no Chars! Convince US 2 get Chars

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I have 15 and no Charr LOL. But, I’ll probably delete one of my 80’s to make a 5th Ranger to have all races as a ranger.
That said, the Charr storyline is rather interesting.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Why should we persuade you?

If you want one make one, if you don’t then don’t. It’s no one else’s business what race(s) you play.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

“10 chars, no Chars!”
Truly magnificent

I think i add that to my notes, mh

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

14 chars .. no Charr, no Sylvari, no Asura .. so who am i to convince you ?

And at least i had a Sylvari in Beta .. and played an Asura Engi till 30 .. but Charr .. never

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

14 chars .. no Charr, no Sylvari, no Asura .. so who am i to convince you ?

And at least i had a Sylvari in Beta .. and played an Asura Engi till 30 .. but Charr .. never

What’s wrong with Sylvari and Asura
(Aside from the fact that female Sylvari runs funny)

See! Even you don’t want a Char

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

I may not be that convincing since I have 10 chars and only one Charr. I have 2 of every race except 1 charr and 3 humans.

Reasons to have a Charr:
Can complete the race personal story steps for each race.
I like the kazooka and Charr war band elites.
I got to have a Charr female named Pyanfar (since that name was already taken I gave her a last name of Cherryh ).

Reasons not to have a Charr:
I don’t like the way they hop along.
The camera goes wonky in tight situations like jumping puzzles, etc (that’s why I made her as small as possible but it doesn’t seem to help).

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

-Cute fluffy tail.
-Most adorable /sleep animation.
-Giant bipedal horned cats that like flamethrowers and tanks.
-why are you not a charr yet?

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I have 6 Characters. 5 of them are Charr 1 is norn.

Reasons I roll charr;

• Strong personality! Their racial part of the pesronal story is great!
  • The only “beast” race – what is there not to like about tail, horns and big fangs!!
  • Easy to do JP’s with (i’ve got used to it)…. I know most of u dont agree.

Why NOT to roll a charr:

• Most armour fits lice crap (espacially if u dont like clipping, removal of bodyparts such as hairs horns and ears and crazy stretching) and look goofy… Medium being the worst, light second worst and Heavy the best looking.
Kima & Co

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I will never get past the fact they re-used the human male voiceover script for the charr male voiceover. It kept me from playing a charr for the longest time; hearing them say the exact same things, in the exact same situations.
At least they didn’t do it for females.

So far I have 17 slots and one charr in them. I have made and remade my charr many times; the main reason, having gone past the male voiceover issue, is the running animations. They make no sense whatsoever under most armor circumstances, they are used by no other charr except player characters, and the speed at which your character actually moves makes no justice to the animations, making playing a charr feel really awkward and not smooth at all in comparision to other races.
Secondary reason being that I find no interest in the race itself, and while a very good source of comic relief, the concept of Guild Wars 2 charr is very… crude.

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

As already sayd , for the personality, and tbh they fit perfectly only one class: warrior
Just thinking to an ele or mesmer, or thief charr is freaking me out.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Yup, i have 9 characters, no charr and asura (the only lv80 asura was deleted)

To convince me playing a charr, please let me toggle 2 leg run… that’s the only request.

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

3 asura, 1 sylvari, 2 humans. I’ve honestly been contemplating making a charr just because i love the super saiyan hair so much, but i dont think id seriously be able to stick with it and hes just end up a bank character

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

To convince me playing a charr, please let me toggle 2 leg run… that’s the only request.

Just draw your weapon if you wanna walk on 2 legs

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I like the Charr persona, at least what I understand of it (I think of them as the GW Klingons — used to be bad guys, now an odd-looking ally race with a battle culture). That might be a reason for someone else to want one. However, I’m shallow and can’t get past the looks.

I had a Charr just long enough to do the racial story, and could not hit delete fast enough. I have an Asura who has two episodes of that racial story left and which will be deleted as quickly thereafter. Asura, I don’t like the culture (little guys with chips on their shoulder).

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I have 2 Charr, 2 Asura, 2 Humans and 2 Sylvari.

I didn’t roll Norn, because I hate constant bragging, even with pointless feats.

Charr, they’re the most Bada’s’s Cat Furry People ever existed. Looks best with Plate-mail armors, chainmail and others which are just harnesses look like crap on Charr

On other games, cat people tend to be: burly beast cat males and human-like half-naked big-breasted cat-girls

Odd that word “bad” and “butt” (a’s’s) together is a word to censor…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Awesome cultural T3 armor if you’re rolling a heavy class.

Only reason to play Charr, IMO.

PS. Irony, I have 2 Charr and none of them a heavy. Sad…

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I can tell why you’d not want to roll a charr…the majority of armors in the game are ugly with stretched textures on them.

Most armors are mot made with charr in mind. It’s really pretty sad. And forget about using a back item on them as well because they look completely out of place.

Anet has admitted in the past that it’s not worth doing things specifically with charr in mind because it’s the least popular race. Which is also really sad and pretty kitten lazy. Why waste time on something not very many people will use?

Besides that the Charr personal stories are good and they have some of the best personalities on their side. And t3 heavy armor is amazing.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Why is it our job to convince you of anything? If you don’t want to play a Charr, don’t play one. I love the naming conventions, myself. Tybalt and Rytlock are awesome, and Logan drools.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

My main is a Charr. I chose them because of their story which I find more interesting than other races’.

The characters themselves have issues (clipping, and I swear they are the slowest runners in Tyria).

But how could you make so much humans? I made one of each race for the story. I know there are couple of options for each race (human get a bit different depends if you go noble, commoner or poor).

I’m looking for more races to be added to I can make an engineer and a necro, and another Charr whatever (blood legion this time :P )

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

10 characters and I don’t have a char;
- 6 Humans
- 2 Sylvari
- 1 Norn
- 1 Asura

Surveyed around, apparently I’m not the only one that has 8+ characters with no Chars. Convince US to play a char! (Friendly discussion only please, negative comments that doesn’t help answering the topic will be reported!)

So for all of you Char lovers, please tell US why Chars!
Let’s see how you make us want to HAVE a Char! (Or more if you’re very convincing)

to get all achivments from the char storyline,
i personaly hate it when i see a blank, unfinished permanent achivment (looking at you twice told achivment…)

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Charr.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

you can be Super Saiyan Charr!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Charrs are alright. I have a Charr I made just for the storyline achievements. Aside from that I favor the Norns.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.