10% damage reduction? More like 30%

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Crit damage reduction. We’ve been deceived.

Condi meta v2.0 begins!

Believe it or not the game will change drastically. Fights will last more in both pve and pvp, power builds will no longer have enough damage to bring down a condi build before they outlast them, removing a target from a fight is now much harder, etc.

I feel bad for hardcore wvw players and of course for myself, after only recently finishing my ascended set that now has 221% crit damage (71%) down from 251% (101%) with food!

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

(edited by Razor.6392)

Posted by: Andar.9107

Andar.9107

For PvP sure, in PvE non-zerker will be tolerated even less now.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

condition are completely useless in PvE… not sure why they would suddenly become the meta. Zerker is still the highest dps set and is still the meta.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Anet logic: There’s a problem with conditions and PvE. And there’re 2 ways to fix it:

a) Address it directly by changing how conditions are stacked or how to solve their damage.

b) Mess other things so it seems you’re doing something, but it ends not solving the problem (conditions are still useless is PvE), and even more killing power build in all WvW scenario (cause they also had that amazing idea to have both massive PvP and PvE areas ruled by same rules).

Didn’t expect them to take the wrong one… Seriously, now roaming is just so lame with those condi-spammer builds and cheesy mechanics…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

More than 36%
No, seriously, I need someone from Anet to explain how come the nerf is four times higher than what they said.

Posted by: Andar.9107

Andar.9107

Anet logic: There’s a problem with conditions and PvE. And there’re 2 ways to fix it:

a) Address it directly by changing how conditions are stacked or how to solve their damage.

b) Mess other things so it seems you’re doing something, but it ends not solving the problem (conditions are still useless is PvE), and even more killing power build in all WvW scenario (cause they also had that amazing idea to have both massive PvP and PvE areas ruled by same rules).

Didn’t expect them to take the wrong one… Seriously, now roaming is just so lame with those condi-spammer builds and cheesy mechanics…

Yes they went for the “kitten everyone off in PvE whiel fixing nothing with the other builds” route.

Posted by: randomly.6395

randomly.6395

They said an overall damage reduction. A 30% loss in critical damage is only a 30% overall loss in damage if you crit 100% of the time. Assuming you have a 50% crit chance, it’s a 15% overall damage reduction. With fury, a ~20% damage reduction.

Condition damage still scales horribly with each additional condition user in the group and is completely nullified by objects. This change won’t affect what builds people run and is certainly not the end of Berserkers.

(edited by randomly.6395)

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Well you lose crit damage from your traits and gear. The dps lost from gear alone is 10% but with traits it is even more. So the overall dps lost is higher than what some have expected.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

well i suppose if you are running full zerker with no condi removals like a total scrub yea you will get kittenin rekt by conditions.

l2build vit against conditions

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

anyone who crafted ascended celestial armor before they told us about the change got shafted >_>. My crit dmg went down from 107 to 67. Atleast give us a 1 time change on precrafted ascended armor.

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Razor.6392

In PvE people will still prefer zerkers over base crit damage people or condi users. But the 30% damage reduction will still hurt. Encounters will take ages now.

In WvW however… that’s where things get ugly. Condi outclasses power ridiculously hard now. Even the foods give less crit damage (only 5% crit dmg on the one that gave 100 prec and 10% crit dmg), everything was reduced.

spvp it’s not that bad because you don’t get foods and armor stats there. so the difference isn’t that noticeable.

well i suppose if you are running full zerker with no condi removals like a total scrub yea you will get kittenin rekt by conditions.

l2build vit against conditions

I have plenty of condition removals. Most players do but they still have a limited amount, while condition-inflicting moves are unlimited and often spammable for mindless condi users. Now it’s even easier for condi users to outlast power builds due to sheer DoT damage vs. lackluster power burst.

Level 60 pvp

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

It isnt a 30% nerf in total damage at all. Plenty of examples in the forum here that its around a 12% nerf if you keep the same critical hit chance.

Old 1000 base dmg x 75% crit chance x 250% crit dmg = 1000 × 0.75 × 2.5 = 1850
New 1000 base dmg x 75% crit chance x 220% crit dmg = 1000 × 0.75 × 2.2 = 1675

1675/1850 × 100 = 88% of the dmg down from 100% of the dmg before.

This is a 12% reduction in dmg and not the 30% that it looks like…

Razor.6392

It isnt a 30% nerf in total damage at all. Plenty of examples in the forum here that its around a 12% nerf if you keep the same critical hit chance.

I’m sure that most if not ALL of us expected a 10% crit damage reduction. I mean it was ferocity aka crit damage the only thing that was apparently changing.

Do you think that if any of us had any idea that the nerf would be so unforgivably harsh and gamebreaking, we would’ve remained quiet? Quiet as condition builds become the sole meta in both spvp (already were) and wvw?

I’m done lol, better revert it somehow or it’s bye bye.

Level 60 pvp

Envy.1679

I’m sure that most if not ALL of us expected a 10% crit damage reduction. I mean it was ferocity aka crit damage the only thing that was apparently changing.

Do you think that if any of us had any idea that the nerf would be so unforgivably harsh and gamebreaking, we would’ve remained quiet? Quiet as condition builds become the sole meta in both spvp (already were) and wvw?

I’m done lol, better revert it somehow or it’s bye bye.

Im running condition removal bruiser gaurdian and i havnt lost a match since the patch

conditions dont work against me, and its harder for zerkers to burst me. tbh bruisers with a lot of condition removals are more formidable than condition spammers atm

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

The conditions had problems because the conditions with the highest stack was the condition that was doing the damage ONLY before patch. Now all conditions seem to be synergistic – this was how it was in GW1.

Posted by: Rihivan.7506

Rihivan.7506

They said an overall damage reduction. A 30% loss in critical damage is only a 30% overall loss in damage if you crit 100% of the time. Assuming you have a 50% crit chance, it’s a 15% overall damage reduction. With fury, a ~20% damage reduction.

Condition damage still scales horribly with each additional condition user in the group and is completely nullified by objects. This change won’t affect what builds people run and is certainly not the end of Berserkers.

Posted by: Rihivan.7506

Rihivan.7506

If you are using Hidden Killer as most Thieves do, you have taken up to 30-40% damage reduction no ifs or buts. Your crit chance is 100% from stealth, you play for that all the time. No more 10k backstab anymore, its down to 6-7k against Dire builds with 20+k hitpoints, and 2.5k – 3k toughness. For those of us who put alot of time into building ascended gear that was crit focused and especially for celestial, they should be given the chance to roll the stats. Months of peoples hard work is ruined by this change and it was not made clear that crit damage would take on the weaker of the stats on that item. This especially hurts for those of us who spent good laurels on bersker/valk jewels where effectively your crit damage has been sliced in half.

Envy.1679

effectively your crit damage has been sliced in half.

Oh oh.. so now its 50% damage reduction? xD

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I feel bad for hardcore wvw players and of course for myself, after only recently finishing my ascended set that now has 221% crit damage (71%) down from 251% (101%) with food!

Correct me if I’m wrong (I’m not wrong), but 220% is just a hair over a 10% reduction of 250%.

250 × 0.1 = 25

250 – 25 = 225

25% decrease in crit damage would be a 10% loss.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I am waiting for the gw2 build calculator to be updated, should be able to see how much changes the patch has bought.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s funny to see this damage reduction is growling larger with each thread.
10%, 25%, 50%

It won’t be long until we get a thread where people claim our dps was reduced by 95%.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

10%, 25%, 50%

It won’t be long until we get a thread where people claim our dps was reduced by 95%.

My critical damage was nerfed by 100%…oh wait, I logged in on the wrong character.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Well I’m not exaggerating when I say my Ranger’s damage is halved! Previous abilities were peaking at 18-20k now barely reach 10k. The “auto attack” shots were critting for 3-5k now barely crit for 2k. The non-crits are so low it’s embarrasing.

PvE needed a serious overhaul BEFORE this patch and well now it needs these changes undone and further fixing.

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

tbh this is how crit damage should haven been calculated from the beginning. I don’t even care if it’s a 10% or a 50% nerf, I’m just sad that they didn’t tell us about the change before they released ascended armor so people can craft their items accordingly. Now I have to go through the painful process of getting another set. I was really expecting them to give us a 1 time change in stats like they did with magic find rings for their mistake.

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

tbh this is how crit damage should haven been calculated from the beginning. I don’t even care if it’s a 10% or a 50% nerf, I’m just sad that they didn’t tell us about the change before they released ascended armor so people can craft their items accordingly. Now I have to go through the painful process of getting another set. I was really expecting them to give us a 1 time change in stats like they did with magic find rings for their mistake.

For reals? What set are you thinking of changing to?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

10%, 25%, 50%

The amount of “suck at math” on display this week has been terrifying.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.