10 mins commanding FR zerg and being reported

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: adika.1809

adika.1809

hello, i’ll start to the point, i was running eotm(overflow) as frostreach, my zerg was lead by someone nick named kimberly blabla, after she capped tytone she was asking for another tag to replace, because of no one tagged up i decided to tag up and lead my zerg to statuary then to eastern altar gate( i decided that because i see orange sword at BL keep, or let me say OG was there) and when my zerg was ramming the gate the OG zerg not finished their job at BL keep but they just run toward my zerg and wiped my zerg, and after that when i was about to continue my run from FR zone i got whispered by someone(maybe gw2 staff) he has name ‘Banbot’ he said that i was reported for doing a setuped match there…

my fact :
- im not in any voice chat
- my guild tag the time i represent was only me as a member( this is my private tag )
- im grouping with random FR dudes
- im not whispering anyone while im tagging up that time

thank you for that random dude who reported me,
i hope if that ‘Banbot’ guy is real staff and i’m not guilty the one that reported me should punished

sorry for the bad english

thank you
Walking Bag

SS attached

Attachments:

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

First, posting names on the forums is against the rules. Either black out the names/ remove names from your post, or send this information in an email to support.

Second, what makes you think the person wasn’t trolling you? (Hint: devs don’t use purple chat). If this guy was trying to impersonate an ANet dev, support needs to know.

Third: see ‘win trading’ that occurred all of Season 2 (tournament.)

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

adika.1809

First, posting names on the forums is against the rules. Either black out the names, remove names from your post, or send this information in an email to support.

Second, what makes you think the person wasn’t trolling you? (Hint: devs don’t use purple chat).

Third: see ‘win trading’ that occurred all of Season 2 (tournament.)

1. go see question 2
2. IF this dude trolling me let the other player know, if he troll
3. i know what is coordinated(trading win) which i didnt do, this make me scarred to tag up again in eotm, if i can i prefer my tag refunded, ill never tag again

thank you for repplying

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

That’s not ANet staff. Add the name to your “Friends” or “Blocked” list and you’ll see who it is. S/he has a history of complaining about “Match Fixing” in EotM here on the forums. Guess this person doesn’t know impersonating Staff is bannable.

goldenwing.8473

That’s not ANet staff. Add the name to your “Friends” or “Blocked” list and you’ll see who it is. S/he has a history of complaining about “Match Fixing” in EotM here on the forums. Guess this person doesn’t know impersonating Staff is bannable.

Ding!

Send screenshot and any supporting info to support.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

adika.1809

is that so, i hope the real staff do something to him (acc block or IP block)

thank you

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

This is why I try not to say a word or get noticed when I’m around any PvP community.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: unicorngirl.1487

unicorngirl.1487

hello, i’ll start to the point, i was running eotm(overflow) as frostreach, my zerg was lead by someone nick named kimberly blabla, after she capped tytone she was asking for another tag to replace, because of no one tagged up i decided to tag up and lead my zerg to statuary then to eastern altar gate( i decided that because i see orange sword at BL keep, or let me say OG was there) and when my zerg was ramming the gate the OG zerg not finished their job at BL keep but they just run toward my zerg and wiped my zerg, and after that when i was about to continue my run from FR zone i got whispered by someone(maybe gw2 staff) he has name ‘Banbot’ he said that i was reported for doing a setuped match there…

my fact :
- my guild tag the time i represent was only me as a member( this is my private tag )

i hope if that ‘Banbot’ guy is real staff and i’m not guilty the one that reported me should punished

thank you
Walking Bag

SS attached

You’ve admitted leading zergs to be farmed by enemy zergs in the past… and you have the gall to post this?

goldenwing.8473

I don’t see anywhere on there where they say they are anet. Looks like a roleplayer.

Use of the word “we” implies ANet; hence implied impersonation.

unicorngirl.1487

I don’t see anywhere on there where they say they are anet. Looks like a roleplayer.

Actually, I was talking about my guild, hence the “we” – I guess he must be paranoid because he’s actually guilty of match fixing and bag farming.

goldenwing.8473

1. called “ban” bot.
2. has said “we’ve received reports.”
3.“we will be forced to investigate”
4. “we will be forced to take action against your account”

Combined, all of these are impersonating statements. Only ANet is capable of taking action against an account.

However, that’s not up to us to decide. Support needs to know.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

Use of the word “we” implies that Banbot is representing ArenaNet. Sounds to me like someone is committing fraud.

unicorngirl.1487

1. called “ban” bot.
2. has said “we’ve received reports.”
3.“we will be forced to investigate”
4. “we will be forced to take action against your account”

Combined, all of these are impersonating statements. Only ANet is capable of taking action against an account.

However, that’s not up to us to decide. Support needs to know.

Take action = report the OP to ANet for match manipulation.

“Impersonating statements” really? Impersonating someone = pretending to be them, e.g making a character called “Arena Net Staff” or saying “Hello, I am Jeff from Arena Net.” If someone chooses to infer something from something someone else says, that’s their problem. I’m guessing the OP inferred “we” to mean “Arena Net” because he’s broken the rules and is afraid of being caught. If he was innocent, he wouldn’t have made this thread, he’d have just replied “lol” or something.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The player is insinuating they have the authority to take action against another player’s account which means they are trying to impersonate ArenaNet staff. It doesn’t matter if they are “roleplaying”. You can’t go around telling people that you, personally, have the power to ban a player’s account.

To the OP:
I highly doubt Anet staff would send you a whisper for a rules violation. They have a habit of looking at the situation first and if they find you are violating the rules they will straight up take action against your account. Their policy in the past (and may still be today) is that a temporary suspension, or permanent ban, from the game is the warning. You would probably receive an email explaining what you did wrong if that were the case.

If Anet staff were ever visible in the game they would most likely have a special tag on their name such as “GM_Username” or something similar and/or their name and/or message in the chat may have a special color for the text.

I highly doubt an Anet GM would have a character named ‘Banbot’ or anything close to it.

Dude, someone has a character name they think is cute and they are messing with you to try and be funny. If it happens again report them for harassment and if possible explain that you think they are impersonating ArenaNet staff. If anything they will get suspended for harassment.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

99.99% chance of troll
0.01% chance he is disgruntled and reported you to Anet, in which case nothing will happen to you.
0.0000000000000000000% chance he actually represents Anet
I agree that you should report him for impersonating Anet. worst thing that will happen from that is nothing.
You should also black out his name from the picture you post here, as well as in your post (in your report to Anet, you can send the non-blacked-out version). Even as a public service announcement, you’re not allowed to name people, because it would be too easy to falsely do this and ruin someone’s reputation, and start wars, etc. If you were allowed to name him, he would be allowed to name you – do you really want him able to tell people you’re purposefully feeding enemy zergs and rigging matches? I’m sure he doesn’t care about his reputation, but you probably do.

fyi: EotM is not part of WvW matches.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Banbot should be reported for impersonating a staff member.

As far as your situation goes, OP – don’t worry; even if you were running a “rigged” EotM match, it’s not against the ToS. People who say it’s against the ToS aren’t very well read on the ToS.

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

my fact :

thank you
Walking Bag

SS attached

You have nothing to worry about. ANet would not contact you IN-GAME about anything. They can review all chat logs without ever getting into the game. So you were just being trolled. Just block them and continue killing zerglings in EOTM.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

unicorngirl.1487

Banbot should be reported for impersonating a staff member.

As far as your situation goes, OP – don’t worry; even if you were running a “rigged” EotM match, it’s not against the ToS. People who say it’s against the ToS aren’t very well read on the ToS.

Who did he/she impersonate?

I think you should read the ToS yourself, since you seem to be unaware that it IS against the rules to fix matches.

We’re not talking about two sides ganging up on the third team, this is a guild attempting to control all three sides at once to avoid fighting and/or farm each other… and harassing people who don’t want to fix matches like they do.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

Who has the authority to investigate game incidents? Who has the authority to take action against accounts? It appears that Banbot has that authority based on their statements.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Who did he/she impersonate?

I think you should read the ToS yourself, since you seem to be unaware that it IS against the rules to fix matches.

We’re not talking about two sides ganging up on the third team, this is a guild attempting to control all three sides at once to avoid fighting and/or farm each other… and harassing people who don’t want to fix matches like they do.

This. No sympathy for OP.

I hope it really was Anet and they take him and his whole guild for rigging the game like that. If it was a troll, couldn’t have happened to a better guy.

Are you worried?

Attachments:

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

That’s what I was thinking. First I don’t think staff make an announcement like that ,second I don’t think they ask you if you’re doing something wrong they just look at your chat long (which has been a thing since launch) and finally the text color is all wrong. This person is trolling you, you need to send a report to support so they will get banned for impersonating staff, the forums is the wrong place to post this. But I do have to say that since there are obviously still people selling boss fights in PVE dungeons because their class just happens to be powerful enough, I wouldn’t say that OP is entirely innocent.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

This is the only information in their Legal Documentation I could find about match manipulation.

Engaging in PvP match manipulation, disrupting a PvP match by not actively playing in good faith, or any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abus.e

No other mention apart from PvP.

22. While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

unicorngirl.1487

This is the only information in their Legal Documentation I could find about match manipulation.

Engaging in PvP match manipulation, disrupting a PvP match by not actively playing in good faith, or any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abus.e

22. While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

WvW is PvP… it doesn’t say “sPvP” does it?

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Sabotaging an entire (sorta) WVW map of (probably many) unaware players (like i was before i read the topic and the reddit link)? Explains so much to me now, was leveling a new char in the edge recently and something really was off with the enemie colours… as for the op… seriosly you deserve it and i guess it was just a troll..sadly, a real staff member would be better. Sabotaging other players with such dirty tactics is the bottom of the barrel. Atleast i know where i will be next time something fishy like this pops up in eotm… not on the map.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

That………..was pretty obvious trolling to be honest………right now that person is likely laughing there kitten off at this topic.

Anyways as others have said, report them and move on. Impersonating Anet staff is a pretty massive thing against the rules.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

If this makes karma train commanders in eotm afraid to tag up, good.

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Why do people still take eotm seriously? You can’t match-fix pve.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i think what this guy is saying is “according to contested areas green team must be hitting red keep” but “green team decided to backtrack and smoke out my entire squad”
anyway, that’s a non arena net player.. if they even suspected you of violating game terms you would be instantly disconnected and banned.. they do it in this manner on the forums, and also in the game..
i know this because today i was disconnected during Manual Open World play, thought it was another server crash.. and could not log in, “account permanently terminated” because “botting”
it’s possible i was reported and they decided that killing more than one sparkfly within the hour is some new appalling and inhuman grind tactic        ..my bad, right?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder.

Again, it’s about being well read into the ToS – how exactly is organizing ktrains for all 3 sides manipulating a match outcome? You’re doing yourself no favors by throwing out contrivances against these people.

unicorngirl.1487

Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder.

Again, it’s about being well read into the ToS – how exactly is organizing ktrains for all 3 sides manipulating a match outcome? You’re doing yourself no favors by throwing out contrivances against these people.

You must be trolling…

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Please stop pretending EotM is anything but PvE.

unicorngirl.1487

It’s WvW. Please stop misusing a WvW area. Thanks!

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

As I understand it Anet will never notify you via whispers that you’ve been reported, they will just investigate the report.

Anet only really has 2 punishments for problems in the game: temporary suspensions or permanent ban. Either way, the first time you’ll hear of it is when it happens. If you’re in game they’ll boot you and send you a pop up message stating you’ve been suspended/banned. If you’re out of game you’ll find out when you log in.

If it’s not a suspendable/bannable offense then I believe they just make a note in their records and you never hear anything about it. And if it’s a spurious report I believe they investigate the person doing the reporting.

In short, contact support, block the account and play on.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Open a service ticket, and report.

This is banable impersonation.

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Hey everyone,

I want to clarify a couple of points for you that I feel are important.

1. ArenaNet GMs very rarely send unsolicited whispers.

2. ArenaNet Senior GMs all have character names akin to GM Madi Walker and have the ArenaNet Guild Tag.

3. All ArenaNet GMs have GM ‘Hopefully Cool Alias’.#### for a display name.

4. GM whisper text is golden; not purple.

5. Impersonating a employee or agent of ArenaNet will result in an immediate suspension or termination of your account.

Hope this helps you identify real GMs versus the imposters out there.

Hunt safe.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This is REALLY interesting to know. I’ll be sure to let my guild know about this if they ever encounter a situation with someone claiming they are a GM.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

Hey everyone,

2. ArenaNet Senior GMs all have character names akin to GM Madi Walker and have the ArenaNet Guild Tag.

5. Impersonating a employee or agent of ArenaNet will result in an immediate suspension or termination of your account.

Hunt safe.

i assume the perpetrator in question will get the ban hammer

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Hey everyone,

Hunt safe.

i assume the perpetrator in question will get the ban hammer

I don’t think we’ll ever know but it doesn’t look pretty.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

Perhaps you should try playing Protoss

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Very, very good clarification. Thanks.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

I WvW in the actual WvW areas. EotM is for dailies then leaving. It looks pretty, but it is not WvW.

Posted by: White Dragon.5429

White Dragon.5429

I WvW in the actual WvW areas. EotM is for dailies then leaving. It looks pretty, but it is not WvW.

It is what players make it to be. While it was originally designed to be a WvW area, players have made it something else. If the players’ mindset were to change, it could be the WvW area it was meant to be. Alas, I do not see that happening anytime soon.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

There’s PvP going on in EotM? Something’s gone horribly wrong.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Actually, I was talking about my guild, hence the “we” – I guess he must be paranoid because he’s actually guilty of match fixing and bag farming.

Funny nobody (atleast I think) seems to have noticed that unicorngirl is talking about him/herself from the chat in the screenshot where he/she mentioned “We”. Also funny how if you try to add Banbot to your block list, it shows unicorngirl. Hmm…

An anet rep has seen it, I am guessing we won’t see that poster for awhile after today.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I really hope Ban Bot doesn’t get banned for this. Funny troll, but never did he claim to be A-Net Staff, just spoke with authority, and you fell for it. If he gets Banned, I may just stop buying gems from A-Net, as I wouldn’t want to support a company that can’t take a joke, especially one that follows their own rules.

Sincerely, someone who laughed when he read the chat box.

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

I really hope Ban Bot doesn’t get banned for this. Funny troll, but never did he claim to be A-Net Staff, just spoke with authority, and you fell for it. If he gets Banned, I may just stop buying gems from A-Net, as I wouldn’t want to support a company that can’t take a joke, especially one that follows their own rules.

Sincerely, someone who laughed when he read the chat box.

This Banbot/UnicornGirl person will either get suspended temporarily or have their account terminated. The wise thing to do would have been to stay quiet about it after being called out on it. Because then no one would realize, except for ArenaNet. Instead, he/she comes on the forum to brag about it, tries to defend his/her actions, and then all but proves that he/she is the one that carried this out. Even if the OP had been win trading, it doesn’t make impersonating a GM right.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Michael,

does this mean that ‘GM’ is always written in two capital letters? Players are not allowed to create characters with multiple capital letters in a row, so this may be a distinctive difference between them and people who read this post and try impersonating them (outside of whisper chat).

Anyway, thanks for clarification – it’s really nice to know what’s real and what’s not out there!

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

The reason why eotm is full of pver’s pve’ing is that when it first opened the fighting guilds all showed up, said ‘w t f skyham’ and left, never to return.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

my fact :

thank you
Walking Bag

SS attached

This is why you will never be first.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

The reason why eotm is full of pver’s pve’ing is that when it first opened the fighting guilds all showed up, said ‘w t f skyham’ and left, never to return.

Doesn’t give anyone the right to dictate other people into adopting their style of playing even if EotM was never intended to be just a loot/karma farm. Just like people who demand that Temple events in Orr have to fail so they can farm them repeatedly, or people who get angry when you defeat a champion in Queensdale before their champ train arrives there… Basically people who’re playing the game in a way that it’s not intended to be played (basically exploiting a “design flaw”) and then get upset with people who play the game as it was meant to be.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!