10% nerf to crit damage huh?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adam Of Awesome.7802

Adam Of Awesome.7802

Watch this video and tell me how much that upcoming change to critical damage will help. If you ask me, class/trait and AI changes must be done instead.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

But changing AI is hard and would require work and wouldn’t turn a profit in the gemstore.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

But changing AI is hard and would require work and wouldn’t turn a profit in the gemstore.

This.

I’ve yet to see a change in game that hasn’t been taking the easy option. I mean, sure, Ferocity makes a little more sense in terms of balance and primary ferocity gear sounds awesome, but that’s hardly the problem with zerk meta. It comes from garbage AI.

Either give us Elite Dungeons (fractals doesn’t count) where the AI is complex and difficult, often requiring varying abilities (blinds, timed CC, aegis, condi clear, stealth, condition damage, etc.) or adjust all dungeon ai.

noice

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

This.

I’ve yet to see a change in game that hasn’t been taking the easy option. I mean, sure, Ferocity makes a little more sense in terms of balance and primary ferocity gear sounds awesome, but that’s hardly the problem with zerk meta. It comes from garbage AI.

Either give us Elite Dungeons (fractals doesn’t count) where the AI is complex and difficult, often requiring varying abilities (blinds, timed CC, aegis, condi clear, stealth, condition damage, etc.) or adjust all dungeon ai.

People, start listening to the whole of a conversation. AI changes are coming, just not in this patch – the change to crit damage is just the beginning.

Polka will never die

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Just like those additional PvP Game Modes we were promised when, September 2012?
How about that “Expansions worth of content”? Let’s not forget those Fractal Leaderboards either.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Gery.2718

Gery.2718

Just like those additional PvP Game Modes we were promised when, September 2012?
How about that “Expansions worth of content”? Let’s not forget those Fractal Leaderboards either.

Or the precursor scavenger hunt… oh wait, it’s precursor CRAFTING now, which still isn’t ingame.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Let’s not forget the Manifesto.
Yes, the guys at Anet promise a lot of stuff. It doesn’t mean you have to believe them.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Now with the update 2 the fight will take 5 second longer. The horror.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Watch this video and tell me how much that upcoming change to critical damage will help. If you ask me, class/trait and AI changes must be done instead.

It’s not a 10% nerf to crit damage, it’s a 10% OVERALL damage decrease to a full zerker geared character. There’s a huge difference.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Hey. Snowflake. Read below:

It’s not a 10% nerf to crit damage, it’s a 10% OVERALL damage decrease to a full zerker geared character. There’s a huge difference.

So, yeah. Fk this kitten . I’ll play a lot less and buy no gems from here until the servers shut down.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

you guys deal more then enought damage. it sooooooo doesnt mather at all. so yea you get to fight like 10 to 15 more second. THE HORRRRRRROR (laugh maniacaly)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

They buff runes same damage.

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

These types of players will always find a way to squeeze every last bit of whatever they can from a piece of gear, stat and ability. If Anet’s nerf is due to these types of players, then Anet has clearly lost the plot.
Nerfs are usually player skill redistribution/welfare and the only ppl it hurts is the common man/player (:P)

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Because making IA is an easy thing to do?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Adam Of Awesome.7802

This.

People, start listening to the whole of a conversation. AI changes are coming, just not in this patch – the change to crit damage is just the beginning.

I have been waiting for Zhaitan encounter overhaul since the second week of the games release… don’t blindly stand there and tell me “it is just the biginning” because that is all Anet ever does… I personally lost faith in them a few weeks ago. I mean seriously, they promised dueling in the open world kitten , and that was day one. The closest thing we have now is “BUYING GEMS and renting a PvP server” which is in the name of the gem store.

And if that is there mentality which has indeed been proven many times, this game will go NO WHERE. Now you may say “name another time” okay, BEFORE the game came out they said the home instance would be special and we would wanna go back always. NOOOPE!. Then shortly after games release, they said they would make it better so we would wanna go back EVERYDAY and made it out like there was some huge overhaul in the works. It is now almost 2 years later and what do we have? A consumable in the gem store that puts mining nodes in your home instance… sadly enough I bought it though, in some hopes it may actually help fun the instance we were promised day one.

Adam Of Awesome.7802

This.

They will add a whole new map, a “VIP Zone” and the dungeon there will drop ascended level gear… 800 gems on the gem store :P

Adam Of Awesome.7802

use math, add cast time and damage nerf. It is 3 seconds longer :P

Adam Of Awesome.7802

Oh no, I am sorry… please forgive me. Kill lupicus in 17 seconds is impossible now (-_-) Zerker meta is done! that extended 3 seconds will justy be dragged out too long and they will all die

Adam Of Awesome.7802

Because making IA is an easy thing to do?

No, but it is the RIGHT thing to do. Sadly Anet skipped out on AI in their plans when making a game. i mean, just look at their lazy excuse to combat CC also known as “Defiance”

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

The devs never said they were going to make all builds balanced. What they said was “We’re already doing some things to address Berserker dominance in PvE. Stay tuned!

For all we know “Adressing Berserker dominance” might have been referring to Living Story content. One dev said recently that the Tower of Nightmares already addressed DPS-dominance in a little way by making the Toxin unavoidable damage.

A lot of people had expectations based on over-speculation. For all we know the they might have been referring to Living Story content when they said this.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

(edited by Finnway.2183)