10 things I dislike about guild wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

1. Too much clicking: Salvageable item, within a bag, within a box, within a chest. I spend too much time sorting and organizing and selling and destroying items in my inventory. Why is there so much crap that has no value, no use and no relevance to the game, other than to be thrown away, or sold to merchant for a miniscule amount of coin?

2. Content that requires being online at a specific time. (I know I probably have to suck this one up and take it) Accomplishment is based on being on the right map, with the right people at the right time, not on skill or ability. World bosses like Tequatl, Silverwastes legendries. I would love the challenge of this content, but I cannot change my work/school schedule around the games schedule. I know the game is designed to have us play 24 hours a day, but I just can’t do that anymore. What would this game be without Dulfy, or TTS? These two entities should be replaced by something created by the developers of the game.

3. Zergs – sometimes it’s nice to turn off my brain, hit 1 and collect loot, but there are times I wish I could use my skill to take down an objective. Bosses that require a zerg to defeat them should involve some sort of coordination by the zerg, not just hitting skill 1 repeatedly. Why don’t world bosses move? Zergs in WvW are annoying also. There has got to be a way to make WvW more tactical based and less swarm based.

4. Nothing in open PVE can kill you. Where is the challenging individual content? Killing a foe on my own takes no more effort that hitting 1, and allowing auto attack to finish the objective off. Are there any challenging enemies other than those that are so overpowered as to ‘one shot’ me, and usually have a zerg attacking them? Unless you stand there with your thumb up your butt, a foe doesn’t do enough damage to hurt you, they may as well be ambient (Go outside LA in GW1 and stand for 3 seconds next to a Titan in normal mode. You’ll see what I mean.)

5. Pre-cursors Hey I won the lottery! So now I can sell it and have more coin than I need to buy what? Another precursor? I’ve gotten a few, which is why I have more coin than I know what to do with, which is why I would love something to do in this game that is challenging and takes skill, not zerg or ‘auto attack’. (RNG I’ve gotten 10, you’ve gotten none – sux to be you. Maybe not, at least you still have something to desire)

6. Traits We need 2 or 3 times the number of traits we currently have, and a way to easily switch between setups depending on the battle we are facing. More traits equal more fun. I wouldn’t mind working through content to acquire traits that are different than the ones I have already gotten multiple times on various characters. Any new characters I make are just going to have to live with limited traits. I am not buying or replaying every kitten thing in this game again just to play an Engineer, or Mesmer.

7. Underwater fighting WTB depth perception , more useful skills, more interesting fights, more reason to go in the water in the first place.

8. Too much dialog in living/personal story: If I wanted to read, I would buy a book – cut scenes needs to be able to be skipped at least after the first time thru.

9. The new daily system: Why am I doing these again? What am I achieving? View a vista and gain some XP, I’m level 80, I got experience from doing this the first time through. If you want me to do them again, why not just make them repeatable? Do 3 tasks get 10 achievement points, okie dokie that’s less time consuming then before, even less of an achievement, for the same amount of points. Why bother doing any after completing 3? There is no reward from them that I can’t get from doing something more fun. Where is the variety? The dailies seem to be on a 2 day rotation of the same things.

10. No Guild Halls, nor sense of guild unity. Guild Missions were a step in the right direction, but we need more. We need more stuff allowing us to play together, not just stand next to each other soloing a target. Stupid megaservers destroyed our culture. You removed our borders, and left us as a nationality without a nation. There are times before a guild event we gather together for announcements and acclamations’, and after a major undertaking we need a place to call our own. I would love a centralized place to organize the crap in my inventory (see point #1)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

For the most points you mentioned, a thread already exists, so i would advice you to take your discussion over there.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Reanne.5462

For the most points you mentioned, a thread already exists, so i would advice you to take your discussion over there.

So I should take my points and bury them in other topics, instead of creating a consolidated place to make my point. I did not post this so I could be easily ignored. I posted it so that people could respond with something contructive.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

You should make a Buzzfeed article about this, right next to “23 threads you’ve literally seen a million times”

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

So I should take my points and bury them in other topics, instead of creating a consolidated place to make my point. I did not post this so I could be easily ignored. I posted it so that people could respond with something contructive.

I wish you good luck with that. You will need it, if you think that anything constructive will come out of a topic that discusses 10 unrelated points at once.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

You should make a Buzzfeed article about this, right next to “23 threads you’ve literally seen a million times”

Winner!

Reanne.5462

ok I will take your advice

edit: That takes too much work, Maybe if this forum had a SEARCH that worked! I would beable to post my views to like minded topics.

(edited by Reanne.5462)

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

What I really like about this forum is the positive vibe some people spread with their threads.

Reanne.5462

well crap, I tried to post this to other place, but double posting is against the rules , You’re just going to have to live with my thought off floating by themselves. And Matisse, im not sure if you’re refering to me, or to a response, but I am posting in the hope that maybe the devs will take a 10 year veterans opinions into consideration. not trying to degrade the game, I want it better.

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Its funny how people say these things are posted a zillion times yet they all are ignored and burried in the past with no change whatsoever.

Im another gw1 vet, its about time for me to start packing my stuff, buy the last stuff i want from the gemstore (mind you, for gold) and take a leave untill something challenging comes allong.

Ive given them untill the end of this season, if it ends with another sad cliffhanger or something totally unfun asin what im supposed to do ingame (like farming). Im out.

It seems all that made gw1 great is being ignored and beaten dead by the fanboy gw2 community these days.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Point 4 may be true for a single no-rank grunt. But anything bigger is likely to tear you a new one if you don’t dodge every third attack or so. And no, build does not make a whole lot of difference against those attacks.

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

I have to ask . . .

What exactly do you expect from this?

sympathy? an apology?

Theres nothing new in what you’ve said.

People seem to be getting in the trend of starting their own threads with lists of things they don’t like as if that is constructive to the game or community. Whilst criticism is useful, a subjective list of already known topics is not. There needs to be less negativity on the forum and this starts with less people posting these sorts of things. No offence, but its a waste of a thread

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

1. Too much clicking: Salvageable item, within a bag, within a box, within a chest. I spend too much time sorting and organizing and selling and destroying items in my inventory. Why is there so much crap that has no value, no use and no relevance to the game, other than to be thrown away, or sold to merchant for a miniscule amount of coin?

2. Content that requires being online at a specific time. (I know I probably have to suck this one up and take it) Accomplishment is based on being on the right map, with the right people at the right time, not on skill or ability. World bosses like Tequatl, Silverwastes legendries. I would love the challenge of this content, but I cannot change my work/school schedule around the games schedule. I know the game is designed to have us play 24 hours a day, but I just can’t do that anymore. What would this game be without Dulfy, or TTS? These two entities should be replaced by something created by the developers of the game.

3. Zergs – sometimes it’s nice to turn off my brain, hit 1 and collect loot, but there are times I wish I could use my skill to take down an objective. Bosses that require a zerg to defeat them should involve some sort of coordination by the zerg, not just hitting skill 1 repeatedly. Why don’t world bosses move? Zergs in WvW are annoying also. There has got to be a way to make WvW more tactical based and less swarm based.

4. Nothing in open PVE can kill you. Where is the challenging individual content? Killing a foe on my own takes no more effort that hitting 1, and allowing auto attack to finish the objective off. Are there any challenging enemies other than those that are so overpowered as to ‘one shot’ me, and usually have a zerg attacking them? Unless you stand there with your thumb up your butt, a foe doesn’t do enough damage to hurt you, they may as well be ambient (Go outside LA in GW1 and stand for 3 seconds next to a Titan in normal mode. You’ll see what I mean.)

5. Pre-cursors Hey I won the lottery! So now I can sell it and have more coin than I need to buy what? Another precursor? I’ve gotten a few, which is why I have more coin than I know what to do with, which is why I would love something to do in this game that is challenging and takes skill, not zerg or ‘auto attack’. (RNG I’ve gotten 10, you’ve gotten none – sux to be you. Maybe not, at least you still have something to desire)

6. Traits We need 2 or 3 times the number of traits we currently have, and a way to easily switch between setups depending on the battle we are facing. More traits equal more fun. I wouldn’t mind working through content to acquire traits that are different than the ones I have already gotten multiple times on various characters. Any new characters I make are just going to have to live with limited traits. I am not buying or replaying every kitten thing in this game again just to play an Engineer, or Mesmer.

7. Underwater fighting WTB depth perception , more useful skills, more interesting fights, more reason to go in the water in the first place.

8. Too much dialog in living/personal story: If I wanted to read, I would buy a book – cut scenes needs to be able to be skipped at least after the first time thru.

9. The new daily system: Why am I doing these again? What am I achieving? View a vista and gain some XP, I’m level 80, I got experience from doing this the first time through. If you want me to do them again, why not just make them repeatable? Do 3 tasks get 10 achievement points, okie dokie that’s less time consuming then before, even less of an achievement, for the same amount of points. Why bother doing any after completing 3? There is no reward from them that I can’t get from doing something more fun. Where is the variety? The dailies seem to be on a 2 day rotation of the same things.

10. No Guild Halls, nor sense of guild unity. Guild Missions were a step in the right direction, but we need more. We need more stuff allowing us to play together, not just stand next to each other soloing a target. Stupid megaservers destroyed our culture. You removed our borders, and left us as a nationality without a nation. There are times before a guild event we gather together for announcements and acclamations’, and after a major undertaking we need a place to call our own. I would love a centralized place to organize the crap in my inventory (see point #1)

good post and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

“4. Nothing in open PVE can kill you.”

No kidding? Not even a couple of these? Or one of these with a husk friend?

Attachments: