10 years old, 118 month account age, what do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: I N C A.5148

I N C A.5148

Dear Anet Devs,

I logged into my gw1 account to see how old it was, It said 118 months which is quite old. Its the same account tied to gw2. I was wondering what you will be doing if anything special for those of us who are still here from the olden days of Guild wars 1.

Those of us from back in the true olden days remember the how great it was to be a warrior with healing breeze and also to sell in lions arch, and when you changed the chat system to “local” and “trading” and everything else. Also my favorite is when the servers broke and ecto sold for like 1 plat each because you were hacked and you had to roll back the server! I bought like 50 stacks of ecto! That was the greatest day ever!!!!

These among many many more things that we true old players have seen.

So I am wondering if there is anything you will do for us, the people that have been with you since quite literally the very beginning. I know I am not the oldest, but 118 months (not including the days because you cant see them) is quite, quite very long.

Very Respectfully,

Me

I N C A.5148

Ohh and also the wedding in Lions arch! I cant believe I forgot to add that too! Ohh the memories

I know she wont remember me, but It was so beautiful…..

Posted by: Zarania.5879

Zarania.5879

i miss jade quarry .____.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think the contest and the weapon skins are what they are doing…

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I think it would be lovely if you were celebrated in GW. You deserve to be commended.
But we who were not lucky enough to be there all those years do not need to be reminded, again, about being just mortals compared to you divine people.

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

120 months here. Do I get to be even more special? :P

Seriously though, I don’t feel there’s any particular need to reward anyone who started way back in the day. We already got the benefits of starting from day 1 / early access / beta events / etc back then.

Your reward now can simply be the feeling of pride or whatever that you’ve been with Guild Wars so long.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

120 months here. Do I get to be even more special? :P

Seriously though, I don’t feel there’s any particular need to reward anyone who started way back in the day. We already got the benefits of starting from day 1 / early access / beta events / etc back then.

Your reward now can simply be the feeling of pride or whatever that you’ve been with Guild Wars so long.

This.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Also my favorite is when the servers broke and ecto sold for like 1 plat each because you were hacked and you had to roll back the server! I bought like 50 stacks of ecto! That was the greatest day ever!!!!

Sorry, but your greatest day ever was when you exploited the game to gain access to a bunch of stuff you shouldn’t have, when it was vulnerable to 3rd party hacking your game…?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

120 months here. To celebrate this occasion, I would like the underlined part of my signature to be patched back in.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

I N C A.5148

Well the Anet hacking was hilarious because everyone knew they would have to roll back the servers, there was no way they could let X amount of ecto into the economy and not have it ruin it overall. It was so great because EVERYONE knew how broken it was, it was just a matter of time to see when they would roll the servers back

I think the contest is great, but WOW had their 10 year statue they sent out to their players. I know WOW is a pay to play model, yet I know all the people who were eligible felt pretty special. It would just be nice, to see a little something, even if its just a letter sent to our ingame mail saying “Hey this is Anet, thank you for being with us since the beginning, have a nice day” ya know? Rather then just getting nothing, and being lumped into everyone else.

I know its ivory tower thinking, yet they hopefully do realize the difference between someone who has been with them for the last 2 years vs. the last 9-10 years. That’s a long period of time, lol its longer then apparently 50% of the marriages in the US hahaha…….

Very Respectfully,

Me

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Then, you would not be eligible for the letter, if it only celebrated those with 120 months.

If it’s not 120 months, then where is the cut-off line? No matter what you choose, the person that started just one day later will be upset.

I’d rather they just concentrate on getting HoT out…but, that’s just me.

Good luck.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Rather then just getting nothing, and being lumped into everyone else.

You´d have some very mild sympathy from me if you were talking GW1, but around here, you are even less special than you think you are in GW1. This is a different game. It puzzles me how you arrive at those ideas. Why stop there? Give me the power armour my CoH character had for years as a skin here?

You are not special. For me, this is one very quirky post. But I guess your claim of feeling “lumped in” with all the newer GW2 peasants will make you really popular with them.

yours sincerly, a GW1 player of some years who does not think he deserves any special treatment at all.

I N C A.5148

Rather then just getting nothing, and being lumped into everyone else.

You´d have some very mild sympathy from me if you were talking GW1, but around here, you are even less special than you think you are in GW1. This is a different game. It puzzles me how you arrive at those ideas. Why stop there? Give me the power armour my CoH character had for years as a skin here?

You are not special. For me, this is one very quirky post. But I guess your claim of feeling “lumped in” with all the newer GW2 peasants will make you really popular with them.

yours sincerly, a GW1 player of some years who does not think he deserves any special treatment at all.

You bringing your CoH armor is totally different because its a game not made by the same people. And you never transfer gear regardless in any game regardless. You are missing the point.

I am saying even If I didn’t get something for 120 months old, that’s fine, But If they did do something that would say a lot because Anet never has and never will do anything like this. Anet didn’t listen to the players back in gw1 and they still don’t now. I am asking however for them to show something, some kind of appreciation for the people who have been around since day 1. Like I said if im not in this group that’s fine. Yet this isent about me or you so im not going to bash anyone.

So my question for the Devs is still what I originally posted. But if you have been around since the beginning, you WILL know that Anet only cares about appeasing the masses, because that bring in numbers.

So I would still like them to do something for the 120 month people, even if im not in it, that’s fine, just do something to show appreciation. Yet im not holding my breath, because Anet will do what it always has done, and always will do.