10 years

10 years

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

April 28 will be 10 years since the Guild Wars franchise was launched.

Any plans Anet?

Some GW1 armor skins would be nice.

10 years

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I can’t believe my oldest character will be 10 years old soon.

~wave of nostalgia~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

10 years

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

April 28 will be 10 years since the Guild Wars franchise was launched.

Any plans Anet?

Some GW1 armor skins would be nice.

You sure it wasn’t the 26th? The 28th was a Thursday.

10 years

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

According to wiki, it was the 26th.

10 years

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

10 year celebration – SAB reopens as an Arena Network!

10 years

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I’m looking at the Guild Wars official Wiki

Either way it’s this month.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Prophecies

Perhaps the 26th was an early access.

(edited by uhohhotdog.3598)

10 years

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I expect the launch date for gw2 HoT to be released… and maybe some skins

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

10 years

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

I expect the launch date for gw2 HoT to be released… and maybe some skins

i wished it was so soon. thought they said q3/4?

10 years

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

World of Warcraft went all out for its 10th last year, they added the 40 man molten core back for lvl 100s. had old school tarren mill vs south shore and gave every one a core hound mount.

so we might see something in gw1 or something happen with gw2. who knows

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

10 years

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

All I want is the missing Elona chapter for Guild Wars Beyond, in which Palawa Joko’s takeover starts.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

10 years

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I’ve mostly given up on ArenaNet adding anything more from GW1 to this game. My forum signature will remain unchanged because I like it and because I have that tiny sliver of hope. I don’t think ArenaNet will do anything special in GW2 for the 10 year anniversary of GW1, but I have been wrong before. It would be a shame if they didn’t. A decade is no small thing.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

10 years

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

ANet doesn’t even celebrate the birthdays of Guild Wars 2. I’m fully expect them to not acknowledge the 10 year anniversary of the franchise.

Edit: I meant in game since OP’s post is about ingame acknowledgment with possible armor skins.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

10 years

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

All I want is the missing Elona chapter for Guild Wars Beyond, in which Palawa Joko’s takeover starts.

YES! Also, tell us what happened to Evennia…

10 years

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I hope SAB returns, launch date of HOT, lions arch is rebuild, Cantha is announced as 2nd expansion. All old gem store items removed in first year are re-added to the game for a limited time. Bonus week double xp, gold, etc…UW and FoW are announced to be added as hard core pve content. ok maybe i got a bit out of hand there but one can dream right? =P

10 years

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Would be amazing. Guild Wars was one of my first PC games Loves. And here I am, ten years on.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

10 years

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I can’t believe I deleted all my original GW1 characters (WAY back when Nightfall came out). I actually held on to an original Elementalist until EotM came out…..

I didn’t start playing GW1 until the June 2005 anyway so I always had to wait a few months for presents (tho all my Factions characters got them during anniversary Festival).

Speaking of that, are there any plans for any GW1 celebrations? I just logged in a few weekends ago to see if I got any new mini’s to try and bump my HoM points and it was quite dead.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

10 years

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Speaking of that, are there any plans for any GW1 celebrations?

Nobody seems to know. It would be nice to get something after all these years, but I’m not holding out much hope.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

10 years

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

ANet doesn’t even celebrate the birthdays of Guild Wars 2. I’m fully expect them to not acknowledge the 10 year anniversary of the franchise.

I do believe the Queen’s Jubilee portion of the Living World WAS the 1st year celebration (granted the re-release of the Pavilion for the 2nd celebration was kind of lame).

I’m guessing the HoT release will coincide with the 3rd Celebration (but I have no evidence of this).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

10 years

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

News to me. I started playing actively again right around the 2nd anniversary of GW2, and I could have sworn there were a number of things going on to commemorate it.

10 years

Just a flesh wound.3589

News to me. I started playing actively again right around the 2nd anniversary of GW2, and I could have sworn there were a number of things going on to commemorate it.

Like what? Because I completely missed it then.

ANet may give it to you.

10 years

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

The Anniversary party they held in August of 2013…Tequatl Rework, the introduction of Ascended Gear……The Queens Jubilee. This was all part of the Anniversary (around that time at least). They didn’t hype up the 2nd birthday as much but for a 10 year anniversary I’m expecting at least a tidbit of ANET goodies

10 years

Just a flesh wound.3589

The Anniversary party they held in August of 2013…Tequatl Rework, the introduction of Ascended Gear……The Queens Jubilee. This was all part of the Anniversary (around that time at least). They didn’t hype up the 2nd birthday as much but for a 10 year anniversary I’m expecting at least a tidbit of ANET goodies

The introduction of ascended gear??? You are putting that forth as a Guild Wars 2 celebration? No. That was a game update nothing more. Tequatl rework, same. To put forth the argument that these 2 things were related to a anniversary celebration is reaching.

The queens jubilee (for the Queen’s anniversary) might gave been in the same general time but it started August 6. Guild Wars 2’s birthday is Aug 24th at 9pm PT, eighteen days later. This was a Living Story event. Just because a LS event happened to fall within the month that Guild Wars 2 had an anniversary is no reason to tie it to that anniversary, especially since it started almost 3 weeks before. If they had wanted the 2 to be tied together, they would have have been on the same date.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Queen%27s_Jubilee

The anniversary party was not in game. It was in Seattle and unless you lived near there, there was no chance to go.

My argument still holds. They didn’t do anything in game to celebrate Guild Wars 2’s birthday.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)