put staff with nice skins for that much time invested not a useless tonic ><
i personalty am collecting for a necklaces
anyone else fill that way ?

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

100 Laurels for a tonic ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The tonic is endless, it can’t be consumed, it’s just a fun vanity item.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

sure but for 2 moths of play ? why not an awesome cape or golden crown skins ?
something with dynamic animation ? but a tonic ???

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

sure but for 2 moths of play ? why not an awesome cape or golden crown skins ?
something with dynamic animation ? but a tonic ???

Why not a tonic? If the golden crown and the cape didn’t appear now, it might appear later for something else, this time it’s the Cat tonics turn.

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I’d kill for that tonic, just saying

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Some people are absolutely in love with it (See Gisei). Actually the majority of opinions I have seen/heard have loved it.

I applaud Anet for making the high price items wanted vanity items, not some uber stat efficient weapon/armor

RIP in peace Robert

Svetli.4276

you know that thing can cost a lot less and there can be more cool stuff for 100 right ?
like awesome sword (dragon slayer from berserk)
OR why no a NEW legendary weapons :/

Posted by: Avatar.1923

all in all, these items (100laurels) will take probably 3 months to get, if you play more than 20 days per month and dont get the amulet.

i hope for anet they have tricks up their sleeves to keep you guys login in.

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

Who’s to say there’s not going to be things like that? I swear some people complain just to complain.

Svetli.4276

i don’t complain i ask if anyone else feel the same way
some ppl spam just for the spam !

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

i dont feel the same way…i think is cool
maybe later they’ll add more stuff the way you like it

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Endless tonics are high-tier vanity. I think it’s valuable and it’s worth the laurels.

I wont be getting it though because I already have an endless halloween tonic and I want to use my laurels on MF infusions, but the tonic is definitely nice.

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

They will add all kinds of objects as we continue forward, if you dont want them dont buy. 100 laurels for an UNLIMITID amount of tonics is fair, in fact, im quite looking forward to purchasing it myself. For some people, an infinty tonic would be just as valuable as acended gear ect…

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Legendary Weapons for Laurels. Really?

As is, you could get 2 Ascended Rings and an Amulet for just over the price of the tonic. If you don’t want the tonic, why complain? Tonic were incredibly popular in the first GW.

IMO, while I’m not going for the tonic, there is a lack of fun vanity stuff in game. More power to the people who are into that.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

As is, you could get 2 Ascended Rings and an Amulet for just over the price of the tonic. If you don’t want the tonic, why complain? Tonic were incredibly popular in the first GW.

IMO, while I’m not going for the tonic, there is a lack of fun vanity stuff in game. More power to the people who are into that.

Honestly, I don’t think it’d be too insane to put a legendary there for a large amount of laurels. I mean, all legendaries are is a special skin.

Assuming someone plays daily, they’d only be able to make ~40 laurels per month.
Why not put a legendary there for like 250 laurels? Each account would only be able to get ONE in a 6-month period (assuming no other uses for laurels).

It’d be a good incentive to get someone to play EVERY DAY. (Which is what the laurels are anyway.)

I, personally, have no desire to grind for a legendary currently… But if a cool skin was available as a laurel reward, I’d probably save up for that.

There are already people out there with multiple legendaries, so I don’t see why everyone’s so adverse to making them easier for the average person to get.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Honestly, I don’t think it’d be too insane to put a legendary there for a large amount of laurels. I mean, all legendaries are is a special skin.

Assuming someone plays daily, they’d only be able to make ~40 laurels per month.
Why not put a legendary there for like 250 laurels? Each account would only be able to get ONE in a 6-month period (assuming no other uses for laurels).

It’d be a good incentive to get someone to play EVERY DAY. (Which is what the laurels are anyway.)

I, personally, have no desire to grind for a legendary currently… But if a cool skin was available as a laurel reward, I’d probably save up for that.

There are already people out there with multiple legendaries, so I don’t see why everyone’s so adverse to making them easier for the average person to get.

I have a problem with Legendaries as they are now simply because their just a grind and no context. Adding them to this just makes them another grind, albeit gated by time and not resources.

Maybe have a component unique to it, but IMO Legendary weapons need to be more than ‘collect and exchange’.

Named Exotics or skins unique to Dailies, however, would be a different story.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.