100% World Map in Expansions?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Hi.

I’m really wondering about this. Since this month there will be a new Area to explore, what is going to happen with the 100% world map completion and it’s rewards?

Are thoose new areas that will come not counted in the world map achiv? Will the Achiv “Reset” and we must do it again? Will it stay at 100% even with new maps, points, vistas, etc..?

Sorry my English.
:)

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

I would hope with major/paid expansions you will have another title for that part of the world to achieve. Something similar to GW1.

With a content update like we have coming on the 15th, I’ll guess that will be added to what you need to explore.

I don’t think that once you get the 100% it will be taken away from you though.

Posted by: Ibsen.4057

Ibsen.4057

Thats a good question, unfortunately no one knows that answer yet other then Anet.

Max Lexandre.6279

I would hope with major/paid expansions you will have another title for that part of the world to achieve. Something similar to GW1.

With a content update like we have coming on the 15th, I’ll guess that will be added to what you need to explore.

I don’t think that once you get the 100% it will be taken away from you though.

That’s my dilem, new maps and expansions are part of world map, soo it makes no sense launch new areas and we still 100% world map without complete them.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Broken Angel.4956

Broken Angel.4956

They will likely rename it to “region completion” or some such

Max Lexandre.6279

Still wondering what’s going to happen with that 100% map star and achiv ~~

Asura thing.

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

Might be it’s own separate achievement with a title or something under the exploration achievements, but it’s too soon to say.

Posted by: Cerulean.5142

Cerulean.5142

I would believe that little areas like the one they add on the 15th will not have any effect on 100%.

Now when they add a true expansion, most likely they will add a new 100% completion like they did in GW1 and it will have no effect on the current completion area.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i don’t think it would be fair to change it. you complete the original map, you get the prize.

like any console game, you can always completely finish the game in the original state it came when you bought it. you paid for it, and you should get it regardless of later DLC.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Hi.

I’m really wondering about this. Since this month there will be a new Area to explore, what is going to happen with the 100% world map completion and it’s rewards?

Are thoose new areas that will come not counted in the world map achiv? Will the Achiv “Reset” and we must do it again? Will it stay at 100% even with new maps, points, vistas, etc..?

Sorry my English.
:)

Just like with GW1 any new areas they add to the game will have their own exploration achievements.

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

I think Fellyn is correct, if there is a world size expansion, they will likely divide the completion stats up to each expansion area.

Posted by: zOMGREI.2413

zOMGREI.2413

I’m sure someone will crucify me for mentioning WoW, but I would imagine the setup will be similar to that.

WoW had world completion achievements too—-the original game had it’s own set of achievements, and each following expansion also had it’s own set of exploration achievements. They were just grouped separately depending on which content set they were for.

The only complicating factor here is the existence of the tracker in the corner of the world map, but there’s simple ways around that too (i.e. multiple and hideable completion trackers, or even just having the entire thing swap out depending on if you’re looking at the map of the original world or an expansion area).

(edited by zOMGREI.2413)

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

When they added new jumping puzzles recently they actually added a new area into Dredgehaunt cliffs, which did not increase the number of explorable areas in the Shiverpeaks.

Posted by: Nemeral.4362

Nemeral.4362

you’re just going to explore that to 100%, so what does it matter?

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Maybe you will get something like a Senior Explorer title in the future for completing the next tier, which requires you to explore all the new zones till the title is available.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Probably go the route of GW1. Add a fancy new medal on the log-in screen to account for the new region and add a new title and progression altogether for the new region.

Posted by: Legatvs.8260

Legatvs.8260

But remember how it worked in original Guild Wars with the introduction of Sorrows Furnace, which is – i guess – closest to this upcoming content-update in November.

It was indeed added before they came up with the titles iirc, but they changed the way the areas were counted.

Before this update, the PvP-Arenas were part of the world and after it, they didn’t count anymore (moved to the battle isles)
And in this case it’s similar i think – the lost shore is part of the actual map, so it would make no sense if it wouldn’t count for 100%

Maybe the wish for a new medal is mainly because right now you have to map WvW too and everyone who finished it fears that his title will lose it’s worth (for it’s going to be “easy mode”)?

Max Lexandre.6279

When they added new jumping puzzles recently they actually added a new area into Dredgehaunt cliffs, which did not increase the number of explorable areas in the Shiverpeaks.

Jumping Puzzles since they are optional thoose points in them doesn’t count for World 100%, also it’s only Points > Skills > Vistas > etc… that makes that % goes up.

Areas that are really visible in the world Map and not counting for 100% achiv? Hmmm… New players will get confused.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Kopipoki.3542

Kopipoki.3542

I think it would be really cool if they took the star/achievement away. Obviously the people that got the gifts would still be able to keep them. But I feel that the star should be reserved for people that keep up with the game.

So if people want to get their star back they will have to explore all of the new zone. Which would probably be less than an hour of play.