100% map completion not going to happen.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thecanadian.8052

thecanadian.8052

Now this may come off as a bit of a rant but i dont care. I do not think in order to get 100% map completion, you should have to do WvWvW. I know people have already gotten it but they obviously enjoy pvp. I dont and im sure there is other hardcore strictly PvE orintated players who wont ever get 100% completion. There should be a change so like in the mists the WvWvW stuff does not count toward map completion. I just do not understand why a PvE achievement has any pvp aspects to it. This is almost a game breaker for me because i will for ever sit at 92%… and its a shame.. I’ve never pvped in any game and i never will it just doesn’t float my boat per say.. nothing will prolly come from this i just want it to be known.. i hope in the future this will change. Say what you will i know this post will be attacked.. i just want to hear other peoples opinions on the matter.. that includes you strictly only PvPers!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

But you can get full map exploration without having to fight anyone ever, especially if you wait for server colors to rotate. And who said that map exploration is strictly PvE? WvW is, at least partially, considered PvE.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

thecanadian.8052

easier said then done especially with jade quarry owning everyone!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

But chances are you won’t be fighting Jade Quarry forever.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

First: if you are 92%, you still have a few other places in the open world to get.

Second: I only half agree. For map completion, it requires that you explore all 4 maps thoroughly. However, 3 of them are the exact same.

I think a good compromise would be to complete all the PoIs, WPs, and Vistas; however, you should only have to complete them on one map for it to count for completion. EB should not even be considered. That’s just my opinion.

Lastly, this has been discussed before in other threads.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I already have map completion on one character, but our server has been green for months. Seems like no chance of changing any time soon. I’m sure other servers are in the same boat. The color should be random each week.

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

Other people do it, you will do it too. It’s the last thing I had on mine as well.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

thecanadian.8052

the more its discussed the better chances its seen by the right people and id be happy with that compromise.. and also there is nothing else for me to get in the open world im 100% everywhere..except the new 80 zone.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Clearly you should just come to the quarry then!

But in all seriousness, which server are you? If you’re SoS, chances are you’ll be in a different bracket, which will most likely change your color from red to green (or blue) and be a more fair matchup. This will let you nab another 1/3rd of the map or so without ever needing to leave your territory.

If you’re SoR, then you’ll probably be staying as blue, or maybe moving to red if BG steps it up. Either way SoR are not slouches when it comes to taking land. They do hold the occasional 390 point tick or so. Which is 4/7ths of the maps, or 4/7ths of the map completion.

Just keep checking the wvwvw scores every now and then or (GASP) help out and see if you cant get a solid push going.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

SoR was in tier 2, and Sos was never last place in tier 1. So ya, maybe something will change.

Sos probably fall to tier 2 soon. SoR should be dominating wvw in other tier before so that’s why they are in tier 1.

I don’t know if things will change. But they did before right?

thecanadian.8052

i was on quarry and went to sea of sorrows..

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i am more worried about the new content – it is also adding additional waypoints on certain pve world maps to point out guild mission locations, and my OCD is always checking the map every time i log in now to see if i still have 100% world map.

this morning they added 2 new ones (i think it was today, could have been yesterday), and they didn’t even show up on my map, even when i zoned in.

but yeah, for WvW, i waited for map rotation, and circled the camps as they rotated. took longer, sure, but was much easier doing it in chunks.

Posted by: Psycosi.4670

Psycosi.4670

I personally play on Anvil Rock and have been stuck at 98% for a month, our WvWvW consists of Anvil Rock / Borlis Pass / Northern Shiverpeaks and has been that way for over a month i think [not sure]. I try and help out in wvw at least once per day when i play, even so i have only managed to gain maybe 4 poi’s in a month lol. AR and BP are pretty equal meaning most of the time when i go to wvw we both have our own maps are are invading NS. If the maps were to auto rotate for your server once a month then this wouldnt be an issue and the only hard part would be to 100% the eternal battlefield.

I do think it should remain as part of the 100% map completion tho since the reward is an ingredient for the legendary weapons which should remain hard to get.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I personally play on Anvil Rock and have been stuck at 98% for a month, our WvWvW consists of Anvil Rock / Borlis Pass / Northern Shiverpeaks and has been that way for over a month i think [not sure]. I try and help out in wvw at least once per day when i play, even so i have only managed to gain maybe 4 poi’s in a month lol. AR and BP are pretty equal meaning most of the time when i go to wvw we both have our own maps are are invading NS. If the maps were to auto rotate for your server once a month then this wouldnt be an issue and the only hard part would be to 100% the eternal battlefield.

I do think it should remain as part of the 100% map completion tho since the reward is an ingredient for the legendary weapons which should remain hard to get.

Yup, I’m on AR as well. We’ve been in second or first for 2 months now. If it weren’t for the color being associated with the rank, it would be fine.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: harbinger.2698

harbinger.2698

Same discussion comes up about once a week. Most recognize that requiring the WvW maps in the Map Completion achievement is at least problematic if not an outright fail.

There will always be the pointless retorts of “You don’t have to do it” —--duh—-we don’t have to “do” anything, including playing the game itself. Since we obviously do want the achievement but in some cases, are unable to realistically get it, the "you don’t have to do it " argument is less than useful.

There also will be the “time it right and jump on to an empty server exactly when it resets” or some other silly work around. We can get like 95% of the acheivement without the silly workarounds……why can’t the last 5% be consistent?

Those same ole’ same ole’ replies not withstanding, the general consensus is that

- Forcing people to group, go into another set of maps and hope you’re in a group large enough to get the points you need is a ridiculous expectation when every other WP/POI/Vista/etc can be achieved more or less by your self if that’s how you choose to play the game.

- Forcing a WvW achievement into a primarily PvE achievement is akin to saying., “And for your monthly PvP achievement, you must run 3 dungeons in PvE”…….makes no more sense then what we are being asked to do now.

-That including 2 out of the 3 types of maps and calling it “map completion” is at least logically inconsistent. There are 3 basic modes of play. PvE. WvW. PvP. Either all 3 should be included to become “Meta-Map completion” or it should be “Pve Map Completion”.

The bottom line is that ANet said that we could play the game the way we wanted to and while that sounds good, they are forcing people to engage in 2 out of the 3 game play modes in order to achieve what should absolutely be limited to a single game play mode.

Let us actually play the way we want to play.

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Yay, another thread asking that world completion be about exploring the beautiful, immersive world of Tyria instead of killing your fellow players!

I agree with you OP and have been saying the same thing since launch. Hopefully we will eventually be heard.

There are so many reasons why it makes no sense for WvW to be included in this achievement. World exploration is geared toward PvE-oriented players who are unlikely to enjoy PvP, and requiring us to enter WvW doesn’t inspire us to try something new, it just makes us frustrated.

And WvW, which is in the mists, isn’t even part of Tyria, so it doesn’t make sense lorewise either. ;P

I say, give badges and other good stuff to players who love WvW if they complete POIs and vistas in the mists! And let us PvE folks stay where we can face off with monsters instead of our fellow members of the GW2 community.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Speaking as PvPer/WvWer I think you have a legitimate gripe. I actually don’t want players in WvW that don’t want to be there, aren’t contributing to the fight and are just trying to reach a vista or PoI. However players on my side are just as screwed, as they have to do dungeons / PVE grinds that they don’t like in order to gear up, or else face disadvantages against other players who are stronger.

So I don’t think either type of player should be forced to do things they don’t want to. WvW could have its own separate zone completion, and it should also have all its own unique ways to earn the things you can earn in PVE, including variety armor sets, gear, etc.

Anet advertised this game as play the way you want, no grinds, and that whatever style or mode you preferred, would be equally rewarded. But this has turned out not to be the case, and the farther we go, more content that comes out, the more they are dictating what you have to do to progress.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Stuck at 95%, I hate WvW.

But hey, as long as I’m in WvW running around in town clothes I’m helping the other servers. So that’s something right?

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I’m not sure if anyone has stated it but,
I do believe WvWvW NEED to be in the map completion, it is not only extremely fun, even for people like me who doesn’t usualy like PVP, but it’s also a very important part of the game, I know how hard it can be to get your last POI when you’re in a bad world ( I’m in fergusson’s crossing ) but what I do agree with is that some POI could be moved outside some keep/castle. Getting Stonemist is nearly impossible in my world and keep are also out of reach not matter how hard we try, we are alway outnumbered.

And IMO the map completion is for people who explored/tried/visited everything

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

But you can get full map exploration without having to fight anyone ever, especially if you wait for server colors to rotate. And who said that map exploration is strictly PvE? WvW is, at least partially, considered PvE.

I second this; I don’t particularly enjoy WvW, though play it casually at times. The way I got full maps was over the course of a few hours when (quite miraculously, I must add) we controlled every little zone one night, long ago. That said, I had already mapped many different POIs from when our servers switched colors over time.

In short, it’s an annoying barrier, yes, but you can sidestep over time if you are patient enough (not to mention, it’s WAY EASIER to get full map completion than to fulfill all other requirements for a Legendary weapon.)

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

I trudged through and completed the WvW maps myself (and encountered a few less than friendly “invaders” or “defenders”) but I certainly don’t think they should count for world completion.

I think it’s a problem of definition, WvW is technically a subcategory of PvE which involves open-world team-based PvP. The fact that completing a map in WvW rewards you with nice little WvW rewards makes it seem like it should count towards the PvE world completion, but I could use the same premise to support the argument that it should NOT be counted towards PvE world completion.
It’s true that getting it is possible for anyone on any server, one just needs to wait for the rotation to occur. But that’s a ridiculous argument when one is able to get almost every POI, WP, SP, and Vista in PvE without needing to wait for something to happen. (Granted some areas in Orr are rather difficult if statues are active but they’re still doable with enough effort.)

The fact that you can be literally barred from gaining world completion without the help of your world’s fighting force in the Mists should be the major player in what is counted towards world completion in PvE. The only reason I managed to complete my WvW maps is because Sanctum of Rall was sweeping the floor with people at one point and I took advantage of it. If Sanctum of Rall was not winning (no idea how it’s doing now) and consistently did not win, there would have been no way to obtain world completion. That barrier which is not under the player’s control at all (other than helping out a bit in WvW) is the primary problem with getting world completion.

For example, if nobody is helping out with the events in Straits of Devastation, then nobody is going to succeed in any of the assaults on the Balthazar temple. Then you’re not going to get the armor from that particular karma vendor. Clearing the temple of Balthazar is not necessary to gain exotic equipment or even the runes which are applied to the Balthazar karma vendor armor. WvW, on the other hand, is a requirement to gain world completion (and, by extension, Legendaries) and as such should not be able to bar the player from completing it.

The only exception I can think of (correct me if I’m wrong) is a point of interest in the Plains of Ashford which requires a certain event to trigger before a player can gain access to it. (At least when I did it about two or three months ago.) That should also be fixed.

Posted by: Blastroid.3967

Blastroid.3967

It is funny how people take the quote “Play the game how you want to play” and use it for everything. If there was an objective from going from point A to point B someone else would say I don’t want to do that because that is not how I want to play the game. The quote was a small blurb about not having the typical classes for healing, tanking, and damage and allowing the player to play a character how they want to instead of a cookie cutter build. If you want to accomplish a task and the task requires something then guess what you must do that task not QQ about how you don’t want to do said task because a quote one day was taken out of context on every QQ thread there after. I wonder how well a game would do if you just logged in and had a list of items you wanted hand delivered to you without having to play the game. So go play the game and if there is a task that requires steps then either do those steps or don’t get the reward. If games required you to please everyone then there would be no games.

Posted by: Anak.8659

Anak.8659

I have to agree with the OP. I am one of those in the unique situation of ET (and FC is in a similar boat). When I first joined GW2, that was the first week that ET was red in T8. So we have been red until last week and this week, where we became blue, finally. I’m at 99% completion, and all I am missing is Green stuff: 1 EB tower and EB keep, and then the two cliffside towers and garrison in green BL. With SF currently destroying both ET and FC, how am I supposed to get these two keeps (the others are certainly possible)? I’ve been a part of a few sieges on the EB keep, but we never can past the outer gate cause its always fully upgraded and SF always eventually outnumbers us.

Eventually, another server will drop down to replace SF, but even then it remains to be seen if that will yield a different result than SF’s stomp. Furthermore, I’ll never drop down to Green because there is no tier below T8. So, I’m stuck where I have to hope the near impossible happens (we somehow win green, which would take weeks of winning by a lot to happen, or we somehow take these two keeps, which would take a huge surge in numbers combined with a big decrease in green numbers) or I wait until SF leaves the tier and hope that we can put a dent in the server that replaces them.

All in all, it seems unfair that I can’t get my world completion because of the situation my server is in. I could transfer servers, but I don’t want to pay to leave my server and pay to go back. These sorts of things should be attainable on any server anyways. I enjoy WvW at times, too. Most of the completion came naturally by just playing, but some of it just seems…impossible, but only because of the server I am on, not because of my own inability to complete a skill challenge or put in the time.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

If you don’t want to step foot inside WvW, you don’t deserve map completion, it’s as simple as that. WvW maps are still maps in the game.

For anyone on servers which are doing bad and can’t get to certain waypoints, I hope there is a way that you can get it eventually, I know I’m still working on a couple that I just can’t snag yet, but I’m hopeful.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Speaking as PvPer/WvWer I think you have a legitimate gripe. I actually don’t want players in WvW that don’t want to be there, aren’t contributing to the fight and are just trying to reach a vista or PoI.

Well said. I’m one of those people you don’t want in WvW. Whenever I have a toon I want to collect some WvW world completion items on I take off all armor, equip running skills, and see what I can do. It takes up a spot in WvW that would be better served by someone who wants to be there, and it isn’t fun for me either. When an invader spots me they have an easy kill. Maybe that is rewarding for them, but if I was in their spot I don’t think I’d feel any thrill of victory for squashing some poor pedestrian trying to snag a POI.

I think it’s a problem of definition, WvW is technically a subcategory of PvE which involves open-world team-based PvP.

I’d disagree at least on the definition. Since you are fighting other players, it is definitely a PvP game mode. Any PvE style elements to it are secondary. I think the GW2 wiki defines it well: “World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode…”

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

If you don’t want to step foot inside WvW, you don’t deserve map completion, it’s as simple as that. WvW maps are still maps in the game.

For anyone on servers which are doing bad and can’t get to certain waypoints, I hope there is a way that you can get it eventually, I know I’m still working on a couple that I just can’t snag yet, but I’m hopeful.

If you look at the threads were players who are mainly WvWvW players say it isn’t fair that they are forced to run dungeons for the monthly achievement they are usually greeted with hoards of responses from people saying they don’t deserve the achievement then. It is sooooo easy to get a group together on your own and spend the time to grind out those five dungeons. If you can’t get that done in a month then you are just lazy and want things given to you.

The cynical response would be to say then that there is nothing stopping you from getting a group together and flipping the towers and keeps that you need for your map completion. I’ve seen a keep flip over way faster than you could ever complete a single dungeon run in. If you can’t be bothered to put the time in to earn the achievement then you are just lazy.

In all honesty however, people keep getting stuck on that the game should be divided into the parts where you kill NPCs and the part where you kill other players. The truth that people don’t want to accept is that the game is currently divided into the part where you do structured PvP and the part where you don’t. People talk about the Monthly Achievement as the ‘PvE Monthly’ even though it bears no such title. It is really the PvE/WvWvW monthly. The same goes for map completion. Maybe Arenanet’s goal was to make you explore the entire World to get 100% map completion….

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

I wholeheartedly agree with OP. As Tarnished Coast seems to always be getting rolled, and is NEVER blue, I’m stuck at 95%.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Stuck at 95%, I hate WvW.

But hey, as long as I’m in WvW running around in town clothes I’m helping the other servers. So that’s something right?

That’s the best way to see it. If we can’t avoid PvP, then let’s bring to it the cooperative spirit that 90% of the rest of the game promotes, by supporting the two opposing servers with free kills.

Posted by: harbinger.2698

harbinger.2698

And I say if you don’t step inside PvP and win 5 matches you also don’t deserve map completion as well. :0. Seriously, try actually contributing to the discussion rather than just dumping your unsupported opinion in our laps as if it very existence contains some intrinsic value to the thread.

There’s been a list of very valid complaints regarding this forced marriage between the two game play modes and the best you can offer is “because I said so”???

I’d argue that Dungeon completion, which actually are a sub-set of the PvE environment and are part of the Map itself should be included in map completion should be included before WvW which you actually have to leave PvE to do. (It’s got it’s own separate button and everything.)

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Does sPvP give you any bonus to almost every action you take on the PvE world? Didn’t think so!
Does WvsW give you a bonus to almost every action you take on the PvE world? It sure does!!!!
Is WvW and PvE connected? They sure are!!!

Would you (and just you) be willing to FOREVER stop having those bonuses in exchange for having world completion without completion the of the WvW maps?

Would you be happy to receive 1 (one) Gift of Exploration and a silver star for completion of only the PvE maps?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I hear ya. I feel badly for the folks that have been trying to get the WvW part of 100% map completion since launch and still haven’t been able to. Just doesn’t seem fair to them.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Does sPvP give you any bonus to almost every action you take on the PvE world? Didn’t think so!
Does WvsW give you a bonus to almost every action you take on the PvE world? It sure does!!!!
Is WvW and PvE connected? They sure are!!!

Would you (and just you) be willing to FOREVER stop having those bonuses in exchange for having world completion without completion the of the WvW maps?

Would you be happy to receive 1 (one) Gift of Exploration and a silver star for completion of only the PvE maps?

Yes, my server sucks so bad at WvW we get very little bonuses anyways.

Posted by: Shi Violet.5132

Shi Violet.5132

Totally agree with the OP. I don’t PvP. Don’t like it, never have, never will. All of this talk of colors and stuff makes no sense to me, because I’ve never been to WvW, because it’s PvP. Saying it’s not, that it’s part of PvE, when players can and do attack other players, is just stupid.

If there was a way to go in and set yourself as some sort of non-combatant, fine, leave the WvW maps as part of the world exploration component. Otherwise, keep PvP out of PvE.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Yeah, because explorers (for whom the achievement actually means something more than a step towards a legendary) are really impressed by having to redo the SAME map three times. It isn’t even four unique maps, it’s one plus three carbon copies. And like other PvE content in the game (guild missions), it’s been locked behind a PvP requirement.

Not sure how to put this so that it will sink in, but there are MANY people who don’t PvP. It’s not our game. It’s not the game we bought and it’s not the game we wish to play. If I wanted to PvP, I would have bought a PvP-focused game and not a PvE-focused one. And complain all you want about the unfairness of having to do dungeons or PvE content for gear or achievements. The fact remains that you bought a game that consisted primarily (at least 90% of it) of PvE content. Why the hell are you even here when so little of the game was designed to cater to you?

Obviously ArenaNet knows the demographics of MMOs and realizes that PvE players are the ones who butter their bread. That’s why the game was designed the way it was, instead of as a PvP niche game. Too bad they then failed by thinking they could generate more interest in PvP by coercing those who were never interested in it, into participation by hanging major PvE achievements from it. And exploration IS PvE. It has nothing to do with pummeling your fellow player into the dirt, therefore is NOT PvP.

When (if) I do get around to attempting map completion, it won’t be by entering the Mists and doing a single kittening thing to help my “team”. It will be by engaging in a purely self-centered method of opportunistically visiting locations that have already been made safe and avoiding all combat. Basically, I’ll let you do the work of securing my map locations before I go to them. And in the meantime, I’ll be cooling my heels somewhere safe and sound, maybe reading the wiki or playing with a build editor. Maybe just watching the colored dots going in circles on my map.

So tell me, how does this kind of emergent gameplay (to use one of ANet’s new pet expressions) benefit anyone? Short answer is that it doesn’t. So why the hell should the game be promoting it? Again, short answer is that it shouldn’t.

You see, I don’t want to kitten with your enjoyment of the game. If there was another way, one that didn’t involve an activity that I despise to my core, I’d do that instead. Unfortunately, ANet didn’t leave any room for compromise. So even if I end up on your team, I won’t be helping you at all. If anything, I’ll be taking a spot that someone more useful could be using, while occasionally feeding kills to your enemies. I’m nothing but a hindrance.

So with that in mind, why the hell would you want to force someone like me to take part? Unless it’s pure maliciousness. That I can understand. I mean, we are talking about PvP after all.

Posted by: sestitodc.3567

sestitodc.3567

I wholeheartedly agree with OP. As Tarnished Coast seems to always be getting rolled, and is NEVER blue, I’m stuck at 95%.

You were blue for two weeks earlier this month, and you’ll be green next week, so you’ll have had all three colors in the last month. Also knowing TC, you’ll probably be rolling t3 and have every objective on each map at some point in time during the week. If you can’t get 100% world completion you aren’t really trying. I’m not saying this applies to everyone, cause there are some servers that do get constantly rolled and are pretty much permanently stuck in that situation (I’m looking at you tier 8 ). But some people give up way too easily.

Posted by: Raphael Williams.3671

Raphael Williams.3671

Now this may come off as a bit of a rant but i dont care. I do not think in order to get 100% map completion, you should have to do WvWvW. I know people have already gotten it but they obviously enjoy pvp. I dont and im sure there is other hardcore strictly PvE orintated players who wont ever get 100% completion. There should be a change so like in the mists the WvWvW stuff does not count toward map completion. I just do not understand why a PvE achievement has any pvp aspects to it. This is almost a game breaker for me because i will for ever sit at 92%… and its a shame.. I’ve never pvped in any game and i never will it just doesn’t float my boat per say.. nothing will prolly come from this i just want it to be known.. i hope in the future this will change. Say what you will i know this post will be attacked.. i just want to hear other peoples opinions on the matter.. that includes you strictly only PvPers!

Or, you could just suck it up and try to do some pvp. This IS a competitive PvP game with expansive PvE elements. I prefer pvp in WvW but to get cool skins for your character you HAVE to do pve… I don’t like that but I don’t complain about it.

There’s systems in place because this is a FREE2play game, and it also took the development team A LOT of time to make each area and they want to make sure players see the work they put into the game , not just stick around one or two areas.

don’t like to do pvp? then you aren’t an "outstanding, well rounded player " and you don’t need a gold star next to your name.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

How do you know you would not like PvP if you have never done it in any game???

I thought WvW would be the last thing in this game that I would find fun, It has become almost the only thing I do in this game now. By the way if you do not have to WvW to get map completion I should not have to PvE to get it.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

I play on Desolation and there is almost no chance whatsoever i will ever get 100% map without server transfer. Please exclude WvW from 100% Map completion and give ppl who got/get it some title for it. PLEASE Anet dont force ppl to be in WvW if they dont want to…Its not like i want something for free but WvW is not something 1 player can affect and the gift is just for him not for a whole server…

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

ANet: We’re thinking of switching colors (2 months later after complaint)

I rather have a white flag NPC that removes all visibility from allies and enemies, letting me access all locations of WvW than waste time waiting for colors to “rotate”. Feels like ANet is trolling us with this forced move of participating in WvW. Truly annoying.

Not to mention I’m stuck there in WvW, not participating and only interested in getting vantage points is sort of a selfish thing to do when others are trying to fight for points.

Posted by: agauos.8794

agauos.8794

Agree with the OP, I hate PvP and WvW. I’m not looking forward to completing any of those maps at all.

Charr/Warrior – Level 80; Norn/Mesmer – Level 80; Charr/Engineer – WIP;
Sylvari/Thief – WIP; Human/Necromancer – WIP

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have 100% world completion on 1 charactter and I’m doing it on a second. I also dislike WvW as being part of world completion.

The mists aren’t in the world. We shouldn’t need them to complete the world. There should be a secondary completion for WvW and if you do both, get a title like Legendary Cartographer.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

This would basically be akin to having sPvP characters all normalized to base level 75, and then requiring them to do level 75-80 in PvE.

Its a mistake to make PvE requirements cross to PvP and vice versa.

Just have two map completions: PvE and PvP, and a third achievement for having them both – but the benefits of getting it should be on the different individual ones.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Ruprect.7260

Agree with the OP, I hate PvP and WvW. I’m not looking forward to completing any of those maps at all.

Then don’t. There is nothing in this game that you have to do.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

Raphael Williams.3671

I play on Desolation and there is almost no chance whatsoever i will ever get 100% map without server transfer. Please exclude WvW from 100% Map completion and give ppl who got/get it some title for it. PLEASE Anet dont force ppl to be in WvW if they dont want to…Its not like i want something for free but WvW is not something 1 player can affect and the gift is just for him not for a whole server…

essentially what you want IS something for free.

You want one of the few prestiges( the gold star) that distinguishes individuals from the herd of players playing this game, and you want it for basically , being part of the herd.

Map completion is NOT meant for everyone to have, if you don’t want to stick at WvW and play it until you get the opportunity then you don’t need the icon.

Anet said there wouldn’t be a LEVEL grind, they NEVER said there wouldn’t be grinds at all.

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Blah blah blah. The rules are set by Anet. Anet can change them. Are you bloody serious in making fun of those who want their stars?

You want one of the few prestiges( the gold star) that distinguishes individuals from the herd of players playing this game, and you want it for basically , being part of the herd.

Map completion is NOT meant for everyone to have, if you don’t want to stick at WvW and play it until you get the opportunity then you don’t need the icon.

Anet said there wouldn’t be a LEVEL grind, they NEVER said there wouldn’t be grinds at all.

Another ridiculous poster. Anet can set something aside for a PvE quest for that star, and not some trashy system that’s governed by a zerg server. I’ll want to insult your intelligence with some fancy words, but I’m not sure if the conduct code actually is free enough for me to do it.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

Posted by: agauos.8794

agauos.8794

I have to if I want the star, don’t I?

Charr/Warrior – Level 80; Norn/Mesmer – Level 80; Charr/Engineer – WIP;
Sylvari/Thief – WIP; Human/Necromancer – WIP

Raphael Williams.3671

This would basically be akin to having sPvP characters all normalized to base level 75, and then requiring them to do level 75-80 in PvE.

Its a mistake to make PvE requirements cross to PvP and vice versa.

Just have two map completions: PvE and PvP, and a third achievement for having them both – but the benefits of getting it should be on the different individual ones.

yeah, you should only get a gold star icon if you complete BOTH of your hypothetical requirements, so the system as is, is working as intended.

People need to just stop whining. The game is an MMORPG, even though it has no subscription it still requires patience AND time for the more distinguished achievements because of the genre its in.

This is how these games work. you want some stupid gimmick titles for little or no effort?

play CoD.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

On ER, at 99% and will never get my last couple of spots. In retrospect I wish I had addressed it when server transfers were free. A paid transfer will be the only way I’ll ever achieve it. It really doesn’t matter if I care for WvW or not , it’s irrelevent. The same poi/vista have been owned by others since longer than I can remember and ER just isn’t good enough to take them.

Ruprect.7260

Blah blah blah. The rules are set by Anet. Anet can change them. Are you bloody serious in making fun of those who want their stars?

Another ridiculous poster. Anet can set something aside for a PvE quest for that star, and not some trashy system that’s governed by a zerg server. I’ll want to insult your intelligence with some fancy words, but I’m not sure if the conduct code actually is free enough for me to do it.

Seems there are a lot of people that want something for nothing. If you want map completion then join a WvW guild and go get what you need. I am not sure why this is a problem. Anet made it very clear world completion was not meant for everyone. You do not have to get it to progress in game.

I like how ppl want Anet to change the rules so they can get their legendary. I don’t want to PvE for world completion but if I want it I have to do it. Please Anet change the rules for me, I only want to do WvW map completion for the world completion.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

Raphael Williams.3671

I have to if I want the star, don’t I?

then its obvious, you really DON’T want the star.

What you want is someone to GIVE you the star.