100% map completion not going to happen.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Apparently map completion isn’t considered a strictly pve title. Did you even consider that?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

WvW is quite a combination of PvP and PvE. You don’t need to do any PvP activity to get the map completion here. Just run when and where things are safe.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Its gift of EXPLORATION not gift of getting keeps so i should be able to get this gift by EXPLORING not by runing for weeks in some blob. Just take vistats outside of keeps so anybody can take them…

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

So dungeons aren’t part of the world but WvW (=mists) somehow is?

QFT

It will be great to add all dungeon paths to map completion (tie it with Dungeon Master) — that will add (at least) some meaning to the “Been There, Done That” title.

Also, legendary should be BoA and not tradable, or they can keep it like now but add that characters without “pre-req” for them (map/dungeons, craft, PS…) cannot equip them — if already bought they should loose all stats till required achievements are done. Only then legendary will mean something, and not like now, mostly mark farm/spender/… ranks.

OT: I never did PvP much (or at all) before — entered WxWxW to check maps, and … now I go there as often as I could because its fun which I did not excepted to find in PvP

EU / Aurora Glade

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

WvW maps are full open to all zones while fractals and dungeons are instanced.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948 – I guess Anet’s priority is super low on world completion. Thanks for the post, and I’m actually much happier knowing that one of Anet’s staff think that it shouldn’t be in WvW. Hopefully 6 months down the road this is finally fixed.

I would make it low too … not like it means much. Only thing that actually requires it is a Legendary and we all know the issues with that already.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Khisanth.2948 – I guess Anet’s priority is super low on world completion. Thanks for the post, and I’m actually much happier knowing that one of Anet’s staff think that it shouldn’t be in WvW. Hopefully 6 months down the road this is finally fixed.

I would make it low too … not like it means much. Only thing that actually requires it is a Legendary and we all know the issues with that already.

If super-low means no priority, I agree. Don’t fix what ain’t broken. World completion is working as intended.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

WvW maps are full open to all zones while fractals and dungeons are instanced.

What? You can’t enter a dungeon?

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

It’s fine as it is. In the end world exploration is for gifts of exploration, and gifts of exploration are for legendary, which is not a pure PvE achievement (look also at the 500 badges of honor). If you don’t want legendary, and are bothered only by the number not being 100, I’d say quit whining.

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Agree with the OP, I hate PvP and WvW. I’m not looking forward to completing any of those maps at all.

Then don’t. There is nothing in this game that you have to do.

I have to if I want the star, don’t I?

then its obvious, you really DON’T want the star.

What you want is someone to GIVE you the star.

What this guy says.

I find it unfair that PvE counts for World completion btw, I only do WvW and its pure drudgery trying to complete one pve map , let alone the dozen+ currently in the game. I think it should be enough that you complete the 1-15 zone (in addition to all WvW zones), the other PvE areas are just the same with different graphics anyway.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I am getting enough gold, so I will pay to switch servers, get poi/vistas that the wvw players on ET will never every get, and then come back after a week or so. Problem solved. The best way would be for all the vistas and pois to be moved outside the capture points.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

If there’s some trouble spots in WvW you can’t seem to get, say so to your server. If it’s something that hasn’t opened up in a while chances are there’s 20 other people around that want it too. Rally them to hit the spot up, you’ll get it.

Posted by: Aurelius.9012

Aurelius.9012

Map completion x 5 here.

WvW is not easy but not impossible either.

If you want a legendary, be legendary.

Blude.6812

If there’s some trouble spots in WvW you can’t seem to get, say so to your server. If it’s something that hasn’t opened up in a while chances are there’s 20 other people around that want it too. Rally them to hit the spot up, you’ll get it.

Wish it was that easy, on ET Gates of Madness is 100% green and has been since it was added to our server. The bottom left Eternal also been green for so many months I can’t ever recall it being a different colour. I really don’t think ET can take those points, but I will give your suggestion a try.

Posted by: Aurelius.9012

Aurelius.9012

This

Posted by: Henno.9126

Henno.9126

I have one Vista point left to find for the map completion achievement – on top the house behind each zone’s WvW starting keep. Problem is our server has not been rotating for the last 8 weeks.

Sure there is allot to do for the legendary like the badges of honor, gold, dungeon tokens ets. but having to wait 8 weeks for one vista point makes me loose momentum / hope / interest whatever you want to call it. As a result I haven’t played in the last 2 weeks due to a lack of interest. Strange how that works…

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

yes on ET green keep in eb has been green for months. I’ve tried with pushes for over 3 hours many times for naught.

Blude.6812

The bottom line is ET is weak and unable to get those areas which make it hard to ‘rally’ people who don’t have the skills (including me) to do it.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I’m a pver and I have 100 map completion. If I can do it, the OP can certainly do it. It seems like you’re being stubborn and wont even try.

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I just kept dropping hints to our commanders and helped scout the enemy keep (only needed one more vista) then we finally charged in the wee hours of the morning and took it after twenty minutes of hell. Seeing that little shaking box in the corner of my screen was joyous.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I still think adding a training map would really be nice for everyone involved. By training map i mean the ability to make yourself neutral or not. This way people can train, learn the maps, get map completion, do jumping puzzles, etc. without taking away from people that want to be part of the battle. It doesn’t seem like it be tough to implement, although i have no idea.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Are you trolling OP? If it is that much of an issue change servers.

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I still think adding a training map would really be nice for everyone involved. By training map i mean the ability to make yourself neutral or not. This way people can train, learn the maps, get map completion, do jumping puzzles, etc. without taking away from people that want to be part of the battle. It doesn’t seem like it be tough to implement, although i have no idea.

Yeah let’s remove all risk and challenge and then reward people with map completion.

…..WHAT?

If training maps were added, they definitely SHOULD NOT be rewarding people.

munkiman.3068

Yeah let’s remove all risk and challenge and then reward people with map completion.

…..WHAT?

It would be no different than pve map completion. I’ve gone through the EB puzzle with full groups of enemies without issue (solo mind you). I’m not suggesting baddies not be able to attack you either (wolves and such) nor am i suggesting you get anything toward wvw titles. All these things go on now and take away valuable slots from people that actually want to participate in the battle.

Posted by: kaioshade.7682

kaioshade.7682

At first, i was angry that WvWvW was a requirement for 100% map completion. And honestly, i still do not fully agree with the decision. The one thing that softened the blow is as i have been doing WvWvW, i have been slowly been getting the vistas, and Points of interest. I log on once a day, see what my server has captured and see if there is anything that i can acquire. I have been treating it as a very high PvE area, with VERY aggressive and powerful enemies.

Keep at it, you CAN get 100% if you are patient enough.

munkiman.3068

At first, i was angry that WvWvW was a requirement for 100% map completion. And honestly, i still do not fully agree with the decision. The one thing that softened the blow is as i have been doing WvWvW, i have been slowly been getting the vistas, and Points of interest. I log on once a day, see what my server has captured and see if there is anything that i can acquire. I have been treating it as a very high PvE area, with VERY aggressive and powerful enemies.

I personally don’t have a problem with it either. But, right now there are guild groups that really go in doing nothing but training players on mechanics and teach the map. Sure they may take a camp or kill a dolyak, but over all they shy away from the battles, to teach things like siege or “how to take a keep/tower”. I see a training map as a win win for everyone.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

This is pretty much what I did and I can say I agree with you. And I’m on a terrible WvW server Ferguson’s Crossing. xD I actually quite enjoyed myself when I participated for a while too.

Of course once you get down to those two waypoints or something that you need that is never taken ever or you have anything remotely close to it can be REALLY frustrating. With that, all I can say is try to check every time you log in and at certain intravels. Maybe early in the morning or late at night when WvW may have thinned out a little.

It can be very frustrating, but its one of the most fulfilling accomplishments I feel I have done in GW2. Honestly I felt that the bugged out skill points on maps was more frustrating then participating in WvW. But to each their own.

Posted by: Gix.9742

Gix.9742

It’s an achievement. Since when do people think they’re entitled to obtain these without sweat and blood? God forbid Arena.Net for trying to get you out of your comfort zone, too.

Don’t like it, don’t do it… and to call it a game breaker (as the OP said) is just sad.

munkiman.3068

It’s an achievement. Since when do people think they’re entitled to obtain these without sweat and blood? God forbid Arena.Net for trying to get you out of your comfort zone, too.

Don’t like it, don’t do it… and to call it a game breaker (as the OP said) is just sad.

It’s actually not, it’s mostly a waiting game for people not remotely interested in WvW. People will simply wait till their server has the map and run around getting what they need. Also the puzzles do nothing for the server, but they do take away slots until those people finish porting their guild to the chest. Hardly a challenge. It’s actually a larger issue.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

If I can’t see it when I look at the world map by pressing M I shouldn’t have to go there for World Completion. Just sayin.

I already need 500 of the freaking badges of honor for the legendary anyway, there’s doesn’t need to be another arbitrary wvw requirement.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Sephyros.9652

Sephyros.9652

…..WHAT?

I completed exploration in WvW without any challenge or risk for the simple fact I’m on JQ. I just zoned in, walked around, got 100%. Real hard, right?

People arguing against changes to the current system are narrow-minded.

Thankfully, ANet is planning color rotations in the future and that should help.

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I really don’t see what all the fuss is about. I was able to explore all of WvW without fighting a single person. No, you can’t do it all at once, but if you wait until your colour changes, you can explore all the keeps and towers with ease.

WvW is included in map exploration because it includes many PvE elements. It is not just a pure PvP battle map. It has neutral events and bosses, jumping puzzles, gathering nodes, neutral mobs, and yes, vistas, skill points, and PoI’s.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

It IS frustrating to have to wait for a WvW map to rotate so you can get to those spots you need – some do seem to take forever. I have 99% and only need a couple more in an area controlled by another server and two in Eternal Battlegrounds in a keep by the same server. Yes, it has been a good while, but I figure eventually it will roll around and plan to be patient. I try to check every day or so to see what I might be able to get to – I nearly got a POI in a keep yesterday but it got retaken before I could get there, lol. Actually the most fun I have had going for world completion was going into one WvW map entirely held by that server and sneaking around the countryside and actually got all the POI and views that were not in keeps that I could get to. It was a big thrill to try to get to areas hoping all the while that no one spotted me at least until I could get to my goal.

An achievement is a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill according to the dictionary and that is what this is. I plan on working for this achievement and if I can get it, I know it is something I can be proud of even if no one else ever knows it.

Posted by: Starbird.4029

Starbird.4029

i am also on Desolation and had to wait 9 weeks for map rotation and my final poi. Why should players now get an easy shortcut to world completion when everyone else has had to work for it.
I spend most of my time in PVE but i actually enjoyed my time in WvW when i was getting my maps there. I even go back now and then with my guild as it can actually be fun.
Oh and we have a few members in our guild waiting for map rotation to complete their 100% map.

yeah hate to say it , and its probably against the code of conduct, but some people just have to L2P its that simple.

They could have made map completion a dolyak-ton harder by making you do guild bounties for it or something, but they didn’t .

Anet just asks that people go play WvW for a while because someone(s) there worked hard on making it.

People like yourself make me sad about this game.

If you want to force people to play a certain way in a game that advertises ‘play the way you want’…yeah. ’nuff said.

BadHabitZz.1856

I dont get people with argument “I just waited for color rotation….” and that makes it OK? I mean dont you think players should be able to get it by exploring the world not by server transfers or waiting on color rotation…

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I dont get people with argument “I just waited for color rotation….” and that makes it OK? I mean dont you think players should be able to get it by exploring the world not by server transfers or waiting on color rotation…

Sometimes you gotta wake up really early or play really late, whenever your server is more primetime then the other servers.

And if you start doing getting the WvW stuff first and go back whenever your server has the keep your need or whatever, you should be close if not done with all the WvW stuff.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m picking off the remaining POIs, it’s just going to take an awful long time unless I’m willing to WvW full time and tag with the zergs raiding those remaining points.

My problem is as JQ we are paired up with a server that has a lot of Oceania players so the balance always ebbs and flows based on the time of day. Sadly most of my playing time is when JQ is the weakest so multipronged attacks in EB isn’t possible as JQ is pushed back on all the WvW maps, putting those remaining Vistas and POIs even further behind enemy lines.

Yeah, boo-woo pwitiful w’ittle me, but I simply have to become cleverer or accept solo suicide runs and trying to stealth in close. What’s the point of getting a Legendary if everyone can get it easily?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

BadHabitZz.1856

1st – ~2:00 am

2nd – ~10:00 am

Its pretty much always like this (not in every battleground). And if i go into any WvW i never waits i dont know if it means nobody plays or is that normal?

Attachments:

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

i am also on Desolation and had to wait 9 weeks for map rotation and my final poi. Why should players now get an easy shortcut to world completion when everyone else has had to work for it.
I spend most of my time in PVE but i actually enjoyed my time in WvW when i was getting my maps there. I even go back now and then with my guild as it can actually be fun.
Oh and we have a few members in our guild waiting for map rotation to complete their 100% map.

yeah hate to say it , and its probably against the code of conduct, but some people just have to L2P its that simple.

They could have made map completion a dolyak-ton harder by making you do guild bounties for it or something, but they didn’t .

Anet just asks that people go play WvW for a while because someone(s) there worked hard on making it.

People like yourself make me sad about this game.

If you want to force people to play a certain way in a game that advertises ‘play the way you want’…yeah. ’nuff said.

Actually I agree with Raphael. Seriously, are you so bad that you can’t capture Stonemist all by yourself? It’s like eating a chocolate cake.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m surprised people are so adverse to PVP. Back in games where you lost everything on you and every cent you ever made, it made sense to hate PVP, but in these newer games where your punishment is the very tiny repair fee, I just don’t quite get it. People have to change their mindset and not cry out “Oh why me?” any time someone on another server picks a fight.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Gix.9742

Gix.9742

It’s actually not, it’s mostly a waiting game for people not remotely interested in WvW. People will simply wait till their server has the map and run around getting what they need. Also the puzzles do nothing for the server, but they do take away slots until those people finish porting their guild to the chest. Hardly a challenge. It’s actually a larger issue.

That’s like complaining that you have to wait a whole month to do a new monthly. If all it takes is time, what’s the problem? Are you suggesting that, if it was actually REALLY hard to achieve, it would be less of an issue? A lot of folks are in the mindset that it’s already impossible so…

If I can’t see it when I look at the world map by pressing M I shouldn’t have to go there for World Completion. Just sayin.

I already need 500 of the freaking badges of honor for the legendary anyway, there’s doesn’t need to be another arbitrary wvw requirement.

Playing devil’s advocate here, the same thing can be said from within WvW. I press M and all I see is 4 zones… I already have to level up to gain the abilities that I should have in the first place, so I don’t need another arbitrary PvE requirement.

munkiman.3068

That’s like complaining that you have to wait a whole month to do a new monthly. If all it takes is time, what’s the problem? Are you suggesting that, if it was actually REALLY hard to achieve, it would be less of an issue? A lot of folks are in the mindset that it’s already impossible so….

I’m not suggesting anything of the sort, my suggestion was to have a training map where people could do all the stuff that doesn’t contribute to their server, like map completion, jumping puzzles, friendly duels, learning the maps and mechanics, etc. In some cases people wait months for a color rotation they need. Plenty of people go there and not help out just because those things are in place. I play WvW on occasion, and don’t have issue with it, but there are quite a few people that don’t want to actually be forced to battle over a POI or vista and think it’s a bad thing. A training type map would actually be good for everyone involved.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Don’t forget you get a star next to your life bar, it’s a pretty big deal and shouldn’t come easy.
That’s what makes it so special and that’s why I was so happy when I got it.

If anything I thing it should be even harder to get, add all the dungeons paths too as a requirement for completion and when ever a new Vista/PoI/WP is added to the game, remove the star until people get those, you’d keep the title but the star only if you have everything.

Now at first that seems a bit unfair, but think about it for a minute, like I say I have it already, but since then there has been new WPs and PoIs introduced that honestly I haven’t gotten yet.
What’s more if a new map is introduced (say something like Lost Shores where I haven’t set foot in yet) I still have that shiny star, I could stop playing for a year and it will still be there, so it’s not gonna be contemporary and IMO that’s no good and it takes away the whole idea of it really.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

munkiman.3068

Don’t forget you get a star next to your life bar, it’s a pretty big deal and shouldn’t come easy.
That’s what makes it so special and that’s why I was so happy when I got it.

If anything I thing it should be even harder to get, add all the dungeons paths too as a requirement for completion and when ever a new Vista/PoI/WP is added to the game, remove the star until people get those, you’d keep the title but the star only if you have everything.

Now at first that seems a bit unfair, but think about it for a minute, like I say I have it already, but since then there has been new WPs and PoIs introduced that honestly I haven’t gotten yet.
What’s more if a new map is introduced (say something like Lost Shores where I haven’t set foot in yet) I still have that shiny star, I could stop playing for a year and it will still be there, so it’s not gonna be contemporary and IMO that’s no good and it takes away the whole idea of it really.

In GW (the first one) they split the titles up. I’d imagine if they added an expansion like that it would follow a similar pattern. It’s really not all that special IMO, making it harder wouldn’t add anything to it.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

1st – ~2:00 am

2nd – ~10:00 am

Its pretty much always like this (not in every battleground). And if i go into any WvW i never waits i dont know if it means nobody plays or is that normal?

I would suggest participating in a Friday night reset on that BL. My guess is that would be your best bet. And by participate I mean actually get into the zerg and fight for your server. Everything is paper on Friday night, that is your best shot.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kings.7491

Kings.7491

Hello everyone! I currently have 99% World completion. The only thing I have left is one bloody Vista. ONE VISTA, and it’s inaccessible to me. Why? Because it’s locked up in a silly fort which I yet have not been able to capture. The only reason I got it on the other maps is because when WvW resets we get the fort on our home border. But somehow this one bloody vista is placed in a borderlands that we never seems to get. I have waited for this to happen in several weeks now. This is starting to kitten me off. Badly.

So please for the love of god and all that is holy, Put the Vista elsewhere. Someplace in the open world where it can be accessible. Don’t lock it up behind walls. Please!

Posted by: olishious.1562

olishious.1562

I have been able to get 100% in WvW on 3 toons now. Not hard if ya try.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Or, you could just suck it up and try to do some pvp. This IS a competitive PvP game with expansive PvE elements.

That has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard…. A game where the vast majority of the content, systems, rewards, art, sound & design is PvE & you call it “a competitive PvP game with expansive PvE elements” that’s the most kitten thing ever. It doesn’t matter if GW1 was originally ment to be a PvP game.. What HAPPENED was that 90% of the game was PvE. That makes it PvE. The mere fact that WvW is a tiny percentage of world completion shoulda set the bulb off.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Apparently map completion isn’t considered a strictly pve title. Did you even consider that?

Except its “pvp” component is not pvp at all. It is a “wait for the server color change” activity. Which is dumb.

I have been able to get 100% in WvW on 3 toons now. Not hard if ya try.

Not try. Wait.
Getting WvW part of 100% map completion wasn’t hard at all. Difficulty was never a problem there – either you get those pois and vistas easily, or you don’t get them and need to wait another week.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Kings.7491

Kings.7491

As the previous speaker stated. Getting 100% in WvW isn’t necessary hard, it’s not a question about trying either. Because however big your zerg might be, it’s never enough for some of the vistas or skillpoints on the map. I’m starting to believe that the people that say things like, try harder, it’s a pvp achievement as well or just wait for color rotation is either here to troll or just don’t get the point.

First of all, I don’t necessary have a problem with WvW being part of world completion. My problem is that because of WvW I can’t get the 100% world completion. I’ve worked really hard to explore every corner of Tyria only to get stuck in WvW and being forced to wait for color rotation. This could easily be fixed by simply remove or relocate the vistas, skillpoints or points of interest that is located inside a fort or tower.

Secondly, this is a explorer achievement. I don’t know what that means to you but for me it means exploring new areas, not doing the same thing on a identical map three times. That’s why I think Eternal battleground and one of the borderlands is sufficient for WvW map completion.