100% world completion but no gift of explorer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dante.4387

Dante.4387

Guys I just did the 100% world completion but I haven’t received any gift of exploration. Do I have to talk to a NPC or do something extra? My guildies said that I should have received a chest but I haven’t got anything expect for an achievement “Been There, Done That”, a mastery point and the chest for completing that specific map in my case Black Citadel but no chest with the gift of exploration. I will upload some screenshot that shows 100% map completion and the achievement I got when I hit 100%

So what am I missing?

Attachments:

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Dante.4387

Thank you for the quick response but sadly it didn’t work =(. I’m trying to click the support button at the top of the page right next to FORUMS and it said that my connexion is not secure and nothing happens, by any chance do you know how to contact the support team? Thank you.

Dante.4387

How do I know if I have opened all the chests from other maps? As you can see in the second picture I have no chest on my screen and no email either. Thank you

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

If that doesn’t work try the support panel in game. It has a button to report bugs there as well.

Khisanth.2948

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or, in the future, you can bypass the forum ‘Support’ link bug by accessing any other Guild Wars 2 site page and using the ‘Support’ link there.

I wish they would fix this forum ‘Support’ link bug. I had it, it was either fixed temporarily or magically disappeared for a short time, and now I have it again. Sigh.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

I remember when I did mine there were a couple of areas that counted toward completion but did not have a POI or anything associated with them (like bandit cave in Queensdale) – or was that changed so these don’t count/aren’t required for completion gift?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_completion#Commonly_missed_areas
But yeah do support directly from the website

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Try going Plains of Ashord, Queensdale, Metrica, Celdon and poss Wayfarer.

If you hover the mouse over the title of the map, it will give you the . There were some adjustments to those maps a couple of years+ ago which may affect your 100

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

It seems from the screen shots that OP has indeed done world completion. The map shows 100% and the achievement is there. He even says he got the achievement. As I read it, he’s curious about the Gift of Exploration. Correct me if I’m wrong on this.

I just finished completion on a toon this past week and, as I recall, a small “star” appeared down in the lower right hand part of the screen. Not a treasure box. You click on the star and it awards the Gift. If you didn’t see that, or didn’t click on it, perhaps CS can get you the Gift. Should be easy enough for them to see.

But to answer your basic question, no, you do not have to do anything else or talk to anyone else. Good luck.

Khisanth.2948

It seems from the screen shots that OP has indeed done world completion. The map shows 100% and the achievement is there. He even says he got the achievement. As I read it, he’s curious about the Gift of Exploration. Correct me if I’m wrong on this.

I just finished completion on a toon this past week and, as I recall, a small “star” appeared down in the lower right hand part of the screen. Not a treasure box. You click on the star and it awards the Gift. If you didn’t see that, or didn’t click on it, perhaps CS can get you the Gift. Should be easy enough for them to see.

But to answer your basic question, no, you do not have to do anything else or talk to anyone else. Good luck.

The thing about the star instead of a chest is a good point but if that was the case it should be visible in the second screenshot.

There might also be some weird interactions resulting from the removal of WvW from world completion.

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

Guys I just did the 100% world completion but I haven’t received any gift of exploration. Do I have to talk to a NPC or do something extra? My guildies said that I should have received a chest but I haven’t got anything expect for an achievement “Been There, Done That”, a mastery point and the chest for completing that specific map in my case Black Citadel but no chest with the gift of exploration. I will upload some screenshot that shows 100% map completion and the achievement I got when I hit 100%

So what am I missing?

I’m probably a bit late to the party here, but I think the map complete chests don’t show up if you are in an instance. Might this have been the case?

I’ve done world completion a handful of times and often end up finishing the final poi’s inside a home instance. I seem to remember the the chest reward wouldn’t appear until after I exited the instance.

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Contacting Arenanet support us part of the legendary journey.