~100k Karma ATM - Where to Go and Buy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mistafadedglory.3681

mistafadedglory.3681

New Warrior at 80 here and I have about 100k Karma. Where should I go to buy some gear to get the best bang for my buck?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

There’s Exotic Armour in Orr.

However, each piece is 42k Karma, so for all slots, you’ll be looking at around 504k Karma for the full armour set, Back slot, Amulet, Rings and Accessories.

Bear in mind, no single temple offers the entire set of the same stats.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armageddon_armor

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: mistafadedglory.3681

mistafadedglory.3681

So “exotic” is what i’m looking for unless I am doing Fractals to get Ascended? correcT?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Depending on your build, you will likely want to go berserker gear which you can buy from the TP. If you want to work towards a legendary, I would continue to save your karma for that.

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

If you find an exotic armour you would rather craft our buy other than the orr one but orrian jewelery boxes and sell whatever you find. Should give you a good amount of gold to help buying armor. Just remember to use as many karma boostes as possible before reusing all the karma stuff you get

Posted by: jeatsen.2378

jeatsen.2378

Save your karma and use dungeon tokens or badge of honor .. I have so much of them (badges), that i have no idea what to do with them..

If you are going for a legendary, you will need millions of karma

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

For a new warrior i’d recommend Citidel of Flame – Path 1 (cof p1). Warriors are great class for this dungeon, because they do so much damage. They are wanted in party’s to make things go quicker. You will get tokens from the dungeon, which you can use to buy exotic berserker armor and weapons. It’s also one of the best gold making areas in the game. Look it up, you’ll thank me later.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Generally – orr vendor green armor is good as a stepping stone, until you have something better. Temple armor (you’d need much more than 100k karma for a set, though) is a top tier (until they release ascended armor, at least) gear, but the balanced stats make it less than ideal – you can either pick the set that offers the best stat balance for you, or pick and choose the soldier (power, toughness, vitality) pieces.
All of the above is mostly temporary, until you decide on a build, which will tell you what stats you will need (unless you will find that some of the stats do compliment your buid, of course).
After that, karma is mostly for legendary weapons, and orrian boxes (which are a nice source of income)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

After that, karma is mostly for legendary weapons, and orrian boxes (which are a nice source of income)

Don’t forget beer!

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Youll need something like 500k or so for your legendary if you go for one. Or buy some of the Orr sets. Other than that, not a lot of use for them. You can purchase Orrian jewel boxes from a karma vendor in orr, lot of neat stuff in there. Thats probably where Im going to spend mine. Between all of the consumable karma pots, Im probably sitting on..almost a 500k karma? I’ll get some beer tonight and maybe go nuts and open a few thousand orrian boxes.

Other than that, karma is kind of useless.

Its funny, the core of this game is its dynamic event system and for completing these events you obtain XP(which you dont need a lot at 80), gold(you get a few silver…peanuts in the grand scheme of what you need), and karma(a useless currency if you arent going for legendary).

They need to make completing events more worthwhile…For example, in firefall…if you complete events you get a bit of every currency(resources are a currency) and every currency is involved in every aspect of the game. Resources(mats) are involved in crafting which is ENORMOUS in that game, ingame currency which is involved in character progression, XP which is involved in character progression. EVERYTHING is useful. So doing any event is worth your time because youre getting everything, even the little 2 minute ones.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.