12 easiest JPs

12 easiest JPs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I saw another post complaining about Monthlies and I thought, which JPs are mostly completed for it?

1-3. I always start in Caledon Forest for Morgan’s Leap, Spelunker’s Delve and Spekks’s Laboratory. I do not complete Dark Reverie because of the annoying plants shooting stuff at me;
4. Then I head to Kessex Hills for The Collapsed Observatory;
5-7. All 3 JPs in Lion’s Arch;
8. Southsun Cove for Under New Management;
9. Snowden Drifts for King Jalis’s Refuge;
10. Wayfarer Foothills for Shamans Rookery;
11. Diessa Plateau for Wall Breach Blitz;
12+. Either Conundrum Cubed in Mount Maelstrom or Behem Gauntlet in Blazeridge Steppes, if i’m doing daily iron farm.

It takes less than 45 minutes to complete all of them.

(edited by FLiP.7680)

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I usually do . . .

1. Morgan’s Leap, Dark Reverie, and Spekk’s Lab
2. Under new Management and Skipping Stones (sometimes I do Branded Mine in Fields of Ruin instead of Skipping Stones)
3. Shaman’s Rookery
4. Chaos Crystal Cavern in Iron Marches
5. Demongrub Pits in Queensdale
6. Vizier’s Tower in Straits
7. Finish up with the three in LA

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Can’t remember the names of all of them, so I’ll just say the locations and a general description as necessary.

1. Demongrub pits (mostly because there’s like three chests total in there for extra emp fragments).
2. + 3. Pirate one and ogre cave one in LA.
4. Southsun Cove.
5. I think it’s Behem Gauntlet, the one where it’s really just dropping instead of jumping.
6. The laboratory where there’s literally zero jumping and you just have to enter the coordinates (obviously using the wiki’s chart for the coords).
7. King Jalis’ Refuge.
8. The one in the norn starting zone with the animals (easy if you’re on someone with stability).
9. The one in whichever zone it is that has the flock of moas at the end you have to distract with the feed.
10. I think it’s wall breach blitz.
11. The one in I think the same zone as wall breach, but it has the grawl shaman at the end.
12. I can’t remember. I always forget one when doing them too.

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have a slightly different set, and no set order:

Morgan’s/Dark Reverie and Spelunkers in Caledon
3 JP’s in LA
Diessa – Wall Blitz, the one just to the NE from there, and the one near the cattlepult landing area
Blazeridge — Behem’s Gauntlet
Queensdale — the cave by the centaurs in the SE
And then any of a number of JPs that I feel like, from King Jalis’ to Vizier’s Tower (in Straits of Devastation) to Southsun Cove.

I use my asura mesmer for easy jumping, and call out at the top of the harder ones for anyone needing a portal before I head to the next.

Sorry for not using the correct names of all of them, I am terrible at name retention.

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

6. The laboratory where there’s literally zero jumping and you just have to enter the coordinates (obviously using the wiki’s chart for the coords).

Do you remember where is this JP?

Sorry for not using the correct names of all of them, I am terrible at name retention.

Np, I forget most of them too, just search on GW2Wiki :P

(edited by FLiP.7680)

12 easiest JPs

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s probably Professor Portmatt’s Lab in Bloodtide.

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I ended up remembering the name: Professor Portmatt’s Lab

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Yes,but its annoying if anyone is there besides you and press the console. I had the pleassure of doing it for 30 min because people are people.

Be sure you are alone.

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: SSGroguey.5841

SSGroguey.5841

I have a sort of core set of JPs I do, but there might be a few that differ on occasion. I also space out when I do them, they’re not in 1 go, I do 3-4 a day for my monthly. In no particular order:

1) All the Caledon Forest JPs (Dark Reverie is a maybe) — Caledon Forest is a great cluster of JPs, perfect for knocking out the monthly. I start with Spelunker’s Dive, then Morgan’s Leap, continue on into Dark Reverie (I give it a few tries before I move on) then the lab.
2) Demongrub Pits in Queensdale — Quick and short, with additional mini chests should you decide to stray off the path.
3) Lion’s Arch JPs (Troll’s End is a maybe) — Again, another good cluster of JPs. I sometimes opt out of Troll’s end because I hate the camera angles and stuff. I sometimes switch to a mesmer just to go through it faster. As with Reverie in Caledon, I give myself a set amount of tries before I move on.
4) Under New Management — A WP right by the JP, quick and easy? Sign me up.
5) Loreclaw Expanse in Plains of Ashford
6) King Jalis’s Refuge in Snowden Drifts
7) Fawcett’s Bounty in Hirathi Hinterlands

The other JPs I consider doing:
Skipping Stones (on my mesmer alt)
Pig Iron Quarry
Swashbuckler’s Cove
Hidden Garden
Vizier’s Tower
Shattered Ice Ruins

(edited by SSGroguey.5841)

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

coddler’s cove, cuz the baby quags rezz you if you die
o/

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: Endymion.3206

Endymion.3206

I have a usual circuit of jumping puzzles I feel are easy for Empyreal Fragments. (easy as in I did all the puzzles for the achievements and these were quick/didn’t make me pull my hair out) Just happy accident that I’ll get the 12 jumping puzzles too. My usual circuit consists of:

Caledon Forest

• Morgan’s Leap (Usually have to help complete Brugh’s events first, so I start here.)
  • Dark Reverie (You can only get to it by doing Morgan’s Leap. I usually just take an extra couple seconds to range the annoying plants on my way through.)
  • Spekk’s Lab (I don’t normally like timed stuff, but I really like this one.)

Kessex Hills

• Collapsed Observatory (Super quick once you know what to do.)

Harathi Hinterlands

• Fawcett’s Bounty (Goonies never say die!)

Lion’s Arch

• Wyandt’s Revenge (My first JP! ^.^)
  • Urmaug’s Secret (Super quick once you know what to do.)

Snowden Drifts

• King Jalis’s Refuge (Super quick once you know what to do.)

Dredgehaunt Cliffs

• Tribulation Rift Scaffolding (Another one I really like, maybe because it feels challenging but not frustrating?)
  • Tribulation Rift Caverns (I’m already up here, why not? Pretty easy once you know where to go.)

Diessa Plateau

• Grendich Gamble (Rich Silver Vein for Daily Gatherer, Pretty easy.)
  • Wall Breach Blitz (Really like this one too. Lot’s of jumping!)
  • Crimson Plateau (It’s right next to the end of Wall Breach Blitz and super easy once you know where to go.)

Troll’s End frustrates me so much, guess it’s the camera angle. It’s not that hard, but I always get snagged. If someone’s porting it, I’ll get it but I usually pass. I used to do Vizier’s Tower as part of the Monthly circuit but stopped after focusing on Ascended gear. The event is usually triggered by the time I get there so no Fragments for me =(. I really like that one to. I will do Shaman’s Rookery if I’m on my thief since I can shadow step and run past all the ravens, leopards and bears (oh my). I was thinking about getting some practice on Pig Iron Quarry and Under New Management so I can add them to the rotation. I had also forgot about Spelunker’s Delve, may give that one another go.

12 easiest JPs

RoseofGilead.8907

I was thinking about getting some practice on Pig Iron Quarry and Under New Management so I can add them to the rotation. I had also forgot about Spelunker’s Delve, may give that one another go.

Under New Management takes even less time than Urmaug in LA. Definitely consider adding it to your rotation. So easy.

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Dulfy has them ranked by difficulty along with videos for completing.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I really couldn’t care less about JP’s, personally. They’re my achilles heel, I’ve never been any good at them and they frustrate me to no end. Having said this, I’ve done them all for the sake of AP hunting and I can honestly say they were some of the worst experiences I’ve had in the game. It’s a challenge for a good many of them, but not a fun one.

The one at Coddler’s Cove I couldn’t judge the gaps accurately enough, and no joke it took me nearly 4 hours to cross the difficult open section to finally get across to the chest. Being resurrected by the baby quaggans was cute – once – but didn’t help the pain of retrying again only to fail.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Easy is a subjective term. For me, easy JP’s are those that are not timebound and don’t have small beams/boulders you must jump on. Most puzzles have one of those two elements in them, so I prefer to find those that have the least of those.

I mostly do:

1. Weyandt’s Revenge, in Lion’s Arch. I love this one. The jumping itself isn’t too taxing, but you do need to think a bit.
2. Urmaug’s Secret, in Lion’s Arch. Easy jumping and short.
3. Troll’s End, in Lion’s Arch. Has those annoying beams, but ever since finding out the shortcut, I’ve done it so often, I now know where to exactly jump
4. Crimson Plateau, in Diessa Plateau. Simple and straight forward jumping
5. Professor Portmatt’s Lab, in Bloodtide Coast. No jumping required, best done on ranger as the pet will take out any turrets while you put in the coordinates
6. Under New Management, Southsun. Easy, I only fall there when I get overconfident :p
7. Morgan’s Leap, in Caledon Forest. Yes, it has stones, but the landing is generally wide enough to correct mistakes.
8. Spekks’s Laboratory, in Caledon Forest. It’s time based and there’s one bit (where you must first jump on the wall and then on) that is always annoying the hell out of me (I either keep jumping into the wall when I want to get to the higher level on the wall, or I can’t see the platform you must jump on when you want to get off the wall), but if you fall and and live or die, you can restart at the point where you failed.
9. Spelunker’s Delve, in Caledon Forest. Easy one, you only need to know which way to take at the crossroad…
10. Shamans Rookery, in Wayfarer Foothills. Just keep an eye out for those ravens, and you should be good.
11. King Jalis’s Refuge, in Snowden Drift. Only one annoying part, close to the end, where you must jump from pipe to pipe.
12. Shattered Ice Ruins, in Frostgorge Sound. Just take your time, taking those trolls out and it shouldn’t be a problem.
13. Demongrub Pits, in Queensdale. Extra chests, only fighting that can be a challenge (depending on your level…)

The one in Coddler’s Cove (and also Not So Secret) are JP’s I hate. The hitbox isn’t accurate enough for me to really see where I’m going to land.

12 easiest JPs

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

1-3 the 3 same WvW JPs
4-6 the Lions Arch JPs
7: Wayfarer Foothills Shaman Spot
8: Griffon JP at Lornar
9: That JP in Frosthorge Sound
10: Southsun Cove at WP
11: Viziers Tower in Strait of Malchior
12: Morgans leap in Caledon and if I don’t want to do Trolsl End in LA, replaced with Dark Reverie here

But rarely do this monthly completely, as long im not bored, I do other 4 thigns, that are more fun to do and done by just normally playing the game

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)