12K+ achievement points? How?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bamboocha.8129

Bamboocha.8129

Hello all together.

As a casual player I am sitting on 5.500 achievement point.

As I looked at the current ranking I couldn’t believe that there are people with over 12.000 achievement points.

How can you reach these numbers? I am totally helpless.

Would be cool if you have some advice for me.

Greetings

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Dailies
Pvp Dailies
Monthly PvE/PvP

They’ve been here since release doing every daily everyday

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Before fix Dailies and Monthly gave a lot more of achievement points. Also playing all living stories helped

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

As a noncasual person I’m barely about to hit 7k, so I have no clue :P Going to assume it’s people doing every single category for the dailies/monthlies, going out of their way to get obscure achievements, finishing all dungeon paths, and doing every single Living Story achievement.

I’ve personally missed monthlies, back when there weren’t multiple categories to pick from, and fractals were part of them. I also tend to stop doing Living Story achievements once I get the skin/mini.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Also, you might be surprised to learn that 5500 AP is not exactly a “casual” score. You’re still within the 90th percentile of all GW2 players; the vast majority of players actually have AP’s of 2000 or less.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hi, i’m a casual player and i have 8.9k achievement points.

been playing since day minus 3

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

As said above Daily/Monthly since launch. All of them (or close)
And every living story/festival achievement
And most of the Pve achievments
And a bunch of PvP achievements

Everything that gives Ap actually

@Neve: PvE dailies used to awarded 25AP/day but it was only for a month (february 2012). Prior to that they were 9AP/day, a bit less than now

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not for me! I miss having a fat chest of loot waiting for me every day I logged in. Fortunately, my next chest is at 7500 AP, and I’m at 7233 right now. Not too much longer for my next fix!

Posted by: Bamboocha.8129

Bamboocha.8129

I do my dailies everyday which gives some points but that’s like bringing sand to the desert. ;-)

I have some parts of the game nearly untouched: WvW, PVP and Fractals.
This should give me another 1.000-1.500 points which is still miles away from top.

I think it 12.000 still impossible nowadays!?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Hello all together.

As I looked at the current ranking I couldn’t believe that there are people with over 12.000 achievement points.

Greetings

I know someone who has 15000 ap

vvuevv

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I do my dailies everyday which gives some points but that’s like bringing sand to the desert. ;-)

This should give me another 1.000-1.500 points which is still miles away from top.

It is only impossible if you decide that you are going to stop playing right now. Every LS update is going to include a pile of AP and those are every 2 weeks. Assuming you do at least some daily and some of the LS stuff it should be around 500 AP/month.

As it it right now you won’t live long enough to do the WvW ones. I think one of them requires over 90 years to finish …

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Lol 90 years………..

vvuevv

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Doing every daily for a month (30 days) will give you (in the current system), 330 points.
Doing every pvp daily for a month (30 days) will give you (in the current system), 120 points.

Together, that’s 450 points.

Doing every monthly in one month (30 days) will give you (in the current system), 70 points.
Doing every pvp monthly in one month (30 days) will give you (in the current system), 40 points.

Together, that’s 110 points.

If you do all the dailies and monthlies in one month (30 days) you will get (in the current system) 560 points. Add in Living Story (this month specifically has kitten points) and you end up with 1015 points. The game has been out for 11 months (we’re about to hit month 12) and so, for all the early months where Living Story didn’t appear to give us a huge amount of achievement points, we add in things like Jumping Puzzles, Slayer, Weapon Slayer, Hero, Tradesman, Explorer, Fashion, Community, Hall of Monuments, Bosses, Dungeons, Fractals, and PvP (not including WvW since those achievements don’t give much points for the effort, PvP gives more) then 12000 is actually behind schedule. I think the highest attainable (which nobody can attain since most people missed monthlies/dailies near the beginning) is somewhere a little greater than 13000.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Most people with high achievement points probably exploited infinite salvage more than anything else. Basicly, you pay for the points. Just like Anet wants.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Most people with high achievement points probably exploited infinite salvage more than anything else. Basicly, you pay for the points. Just like Anet wants.

But those are capped at like 200 APs.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Esplen.3940

They used to not have a cap, and when the cap was implemented, it re-counted how much they got. I don’t think Dawdler realizes that, though.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Hello all together.

Greetings

In a different game perhaps.

Highest AP at the moment is 12600 in EU and 12446 in NA

Yamiga.7863

n°1 player currently has 12600 ap as can be seen here

15000 ap could be obtained by abusing the infinite salvage achievement but it has been capped at 250ap

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Personally I’m about to break 4,5k and I haven’t played the game for about 7 months. I think if I had continued playing I could have had about 9k by now purely from monthlies/dailies and some repeatable achievements.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Dailies and Monthlies of both PvP and PvE give you, on a year base, +- 6800 achievement points.
If you count your other points of PvE, WvW, PvP and living story to that, you sit at 12000+

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Are you doing EVERY option of your daily everyday? Both PvP and PvE? Because that’s what top players in achievement points have been doing for more than half a year. Yes they are THAT crazy.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

“Gentlemen we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life.” – South Park

Posted by: Insignya.8625

Insignya.8625

So from an epic dragon-slaying adventure we’ve reached grinding achievements to play dress-up dolls. You know, this game would make a killer Facebook app.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’m just shy of 6500. The vast majority of it came from open world PVE – exploring, DEs, hearts, JPs, most of the LS/holiday stuff, and dailies. I’ve completed the monthly thing two, maybe three times. I don’t do spvp or wvw (although I tried both for a while), and as for dungeons I’ve done one TA path three times, the dungeon at the end of the PS twice, and Molten Facility once. No fractals. No Guild Missions.

Anyway, I think there’s been maybe two days that I haven’t at least logged in since launch.

The table is a fable.

(edited by Tachenon.5270)

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Actually :
All dailyes and Monthlyes PVE since start results in:
More than 5k of achievments
All Dailyes and Monthlyes PVP since the implated it
Around of 1k of achievments
Hardcore Salvage guy (Agent of entropy)
Around of 500~~750 of achievments
Dungeon farmer (Hobby dungeon explorer)
5 ap per each 5 runs. Consider that some people runned Cof more than 2k times, and then you realiz
Releases contents achievments
Around of 2k of achievments
Real game content
Around of 4.5 k < The most possibly ones.

:)

maddoctor.2738

Actually :

As said multiple times, there is a cap of 200 APs from salvaging.

Dungeon farmer (Hobby dungeon explorer)
5 ap per each 5 runs. Consider that some people runned Cof more than 2k times, and then you realiz

As said multiple times, there is a cap of 200 APs from hobby dungeon runner.

As for the Actual Values:

Game Achievement Points: 5227, including WvW but not PvP
Historical Achievement Points: 1157, not including the Cutthroat Politics Living Story achievements

Esplen.3940

So from an epic dragon-slaying adventure we’ve reached grinding achievements to play dress-up dolls. You know, this game would make a killer Facebook app.

Because 6 pieces of gear (between 3 slots) is what constitutes dress-up.

If that’s the case, then DANG, PvE and PvP (along with WvW) offer a whole realm of outfits for your dolls. Because, you know, there are over 200 different items for each armor type (not including Radiant/Hellfire/Gem Store).

The actual number is around 253 without counting Aquabreathers.

Yamiga.7863

Actually :

Actually Agent of entropy is 250 AP max
And before it was capped some people had several thousands of AP from only salvaging.

Esplen.3940

Actually :

And before it was capped some people had several thousands of AP from only salvaging.

200 off of Hobby Dungeon Explorer, a lot of people get it confused.

maddoctor.2738

Actually :

Oh right. But after the cap those people lost their points so in end infinite achievements don’t matter

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

I’m not an achievement hunter, and I’m on the 8k points. I’ve been playing since day 1 – 3. I missed lots of dailies and a few monthlies as well. I only did PvP achievements for the first 2-3 weeks (rank 13 or 14 I think), so almost all my points are from PvE.

kokiman.2364

Are you doing EVERY option of your daily everyday? Both PvP and PvE? Because that’s what top players in achievement points have been doing for more than half a year. Yes they are THAT crazy.

Crazy? Come on.. PvP daily is something you can get after 3 matches.
And the PvE/WvW Stuff isn’t that time consuming either.

GuildWars 2

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Every day for 8 months? 1h+ just to get all your dailies done? Yes kokiman, crazy.

Not to mention I personally met one of the players with 11k/12k achi points in PvP and after I killed him once or twice he whispered me something in french (rage I believe) and blocked me. Guess I slowed his AP farming O.o

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Esplen.3940

They are if you only want to play 30 minutes and keep up with players who play 8hours+ a day.

kokiman.2364

They are if you only want to play 30 minutes and keep up with players who play 8hours+ a day.

Why would you want to keep up wth 8h/day players? Those are clearly players who are extremely dedicated to the game.

GuildWars 2

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I’m not pretty sure… But I’m almost sure that the level cap og agent of entropy and dungeon hobby isn’t there since the start of the game.

Its one thing of a 5 months ago if I remember well.. So, people that made it before, don’t had the lv cap of 250 ap for agent of entropy and Dungeon farm…

Esplen.3940

Why would you want to keep up wth 8h/day players? Those are clearly players who are extremely dedicated to the game.

Exactly my (and your) point.

Yamiga.7863

I’m not pretty sure… But I’m almost sure that the level cap og agent of entropy and dungeon hobby isn’t there since the start of the game.

Its one thing of a 5 months ago if I remember well.. So, people that made it before, don’t had the lv cap of 250 ap for agent of entropy and Dungeon farm…

The cap was realeased shortly before the leaderboards. People that farmed Agent of entropy and Dungeon explorer had their AP adjusted to the cap at that time.

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Also, you might be surprised to learn that 5500 AP is not exactly a “casual” score. You’re still within the 90th percentile of all GW2 players; the vast majority of players actually have AP’s of 2000 or less.

5000+ is not my definition of casual, either. Although I’d like to see a chart or something that shows the 2000 or less statistic.

Posted by: Insignya.8625

Insignya.8625

Only the most hardcore players can do all the daily achievements every day. Forget the E-sport scene, this is where true skill shines.

Esplen.3940

5000+ is not my definition of casual, either. Although I’d like to see a chart or something that shows the 2000 or less statistic.

Here you go.

Will add in borderlines for all percentages below 70% as text in this post in an edit. Too lazy to edit/screenshot it all.
Borderlines for 70% and lower:

Border|AP
60-70%|1450ish
50-60%|1070ish
40-50%|795ish
30-40%|580ish
20-30%|395ish
10-20%|230/231(230 is 10%, 231 is 20%)
0-10%|100ish

Attachments:

(edited by Esplen.3940)

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Everyone who exceeded the the agent/hobby cap, their numbers were reset to the max the cap would allow. Hence those who had 25k-30k ap at one time after reset were set down to around 6k-7k accordingly.