15552 gold messages in 9 hours. why can they keep doing that? (constructive)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flakey.4892

Flakey.4892

Greetings all,

Been a tad ill latly (nothing seriously) so i play at unusual times last 2 weeks. I thought i put my thoughts on paper a bit. What i wanted to put here is the fact that between 23:00 in the evening until around 08:00 in the morning is see gold adds every 10 minutes. I am seeing them in divinity reach. Now noted i am not always in divinity reach but i believe after a week i can say that it is a good average. I always report them asap since i hate those messages. Now if you report them with the right mouse button you get to see the actual acccountname of the person doing the spamn. It seems to be always from a differant accounts.

So i was thinking how easy it is for Arenanet to grab and kill those accounts since i see so many of them as a player they would to. Then i thought about how many account you could actually grab in lets say 24 hours if you really put a team on it.

So here is what i thought:

There are 48 servers. (S=48)
The window i took is 9 hours. Devide that with 10 minutes is 54 times. (M=54)
Then there are 5 citys plus Lion’s arch. (C=6)

Now i have not included any other area’s or any pvpzones. Neither that it might be a few more servers since launch (not sure if it’s 48 servers atm).

My little formula then say’s : S x M x C = 48 × 54 × 6 = 15552 gold spamming messages in 9 hours. And i believe i used the formula very litely since i hear pvp worlds get spammend even more.

Now that i got 15552 messages doesnt mean that there are equal amount of accounts being used i am convinced that they have macro’s to log in an account within 9 hours on several occasions.

Now i get to the point and my thoughs on a question i wanne share with you. Please bare in mind that this is not a rant or any negative ..euuhh.. something i love the game and i believe arenanet did a good job… but playing for 15 years mmo’s now and this always seems to come back that its so easy to catch the goldsellers as a player.

Why do the MMO companies have always a hard time copying the same what a player can do and remove them? I just dont understand that. Any constructive thoughts on the subject?

Sincerly,

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

You said yourself that they are from different accounts.

The problem is that all they need to do is make up the cost of the game on an account before it is banned. No amount of IP banning or similar will stop someone who really wants to get a new account and get back in-game.

I would imagine a quick look at the chat logs for each character reported would clearly show whether they have broken the rules, certainly it’s a lot easier to check for than a well written bot.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

And that 90% of bots are hacked accounts

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

the accounts these gold sellers use are hacked accounts , so my guess is arena net don’t want to perm ban some innocent poor sods account that got hacked.
They probably give it some time for the innocent party to email , phone in to report there account hacked

Posted by: Levelord.5746

Levelord.5746

Rush,
If those accounts are hacked accounts, chances are that the original owner doesn’t have access to that account either way if you ban or not.

My solution would be to suspend or lockdown those accounts until Anet gets the accounts to their proper owners, or until Anet can get a proper authenticator attachment to the game.