1k gems for... an OUTFIT?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

It is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I’d have considered getting it since yes, it does look nice on certain races. But for 1000 gems? Good luck with that one, Anet.

The chef outfit has the same idea in that every race is unique and it is priced like any other outfit at 700 gems. Why they priced this one 300 gems higher is beyond me.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Can you get it for half price by signing a pre nup?

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

Then don’t buy it!

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

It’s so you buy $20 worth of gems instead of $10.

I kittening hate cash shops.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Its an outfit for each race so more development time went into it and you get lots of looks from it, I play human male 99% of the time and its not to my tastes so I will not buy it. Don’t buy things you don’t like/feel aren’t worth it. If you do like a few of the looks and play on different characters/race often it could be a really good deal.

Down to taste – don’t buy if you don;t like what you’re paying for.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

This is the most Bi-Polar community I ever seen.

Rave over a free 1k Dye
Rant over a 1k Dress

Anet just can’t win, can they?

lol no they can’t no matter what they do as seen on the forums, reddit, blogs etc.

I would call raking in a couple million a month winning.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Problems with the pricing:

We are forced to buy outfits for races we don’t even own. I only have Sylvari, no point in me getting outfits for races I’m not even intrested to buy. I’d happily pay less to unlock it on Sylvari only, I feel many more people would buy the outfit if they could unlock it for their favourite race only. 250 per race, so if you later want to buy it for other races you’d be paying a bit more, but you have the option to pay less.

Also, on some races it seems like they’ve been lazy. Sylvari female has horrible texture work, especially with some colours it looks really pixelated (Just put enamled solitude and you’ll see it well). If they charges 1K it needs to be top quality, not half quality.

For this price many people would apreciate more flexibility with the dye system. For some of these outfits a slot or 2 extra would not hurt.

Don’t get me wrong. 1K is a good price, but only if you’re going to make use of several of these outfits designed. If you’re stuck with only 1 you really like in this, it’s a rip off. The excuse of “don’t need to buy it if you don’t want to” is also the worst excuse you can come up with for bad pricing.

Edit: Cook’s = 700 yet is also cultral. It’s clear they’re playing with our desires to have more cultural gear here to make us pay some extra cash.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The price is fine. The cultural work is there, and that is true quality.
The problem is its an outfit.
They really should make more mix’n match pieces already. That would be TRUE QUALITY.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

This is the most Bi-Polar community I ever seen.

Rave over a free 1k Dye
Rant over a 1k Dress

Anet just can’t win, can they?

lol no they can’t no matter what they do as seen on the forums, reddit, blogs etc.

I would call raking in a couple million a month winning.

Since you put it like that I guess you are correct regardless how much Anet rakes in each month from the gem store. I’ve seen several post where some players spend $300 to $500 each month on gems.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

If you are a female sylvari I would hold off because numerously people are having a texture/clipping problem

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I wouldn’t even want it for free because it’s a clipping nightmare on my female Sylvari. Edit: and all of my chars are female sylvari, LOL.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Yeah, giant rip off. Disappointed.

Posted by: Ms Anne.1374

Ms Anne.1374

I purchased the wedding set in GW1… It should be made available in GW2 HOM. I’m not buying it again.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

It’s not “an” outfit. IT. IS. THE. OUTFIT. (+cultural behavior)

Be done with it. ANet, don’t lower the price. Thank you.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Or you can buy 800 gems, and buy the other 200 gems with gold? Like I would.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t see a good thread for this and don’t think it warrants its own, so I’ll just add here that I checked and on female sylvari the inside-skirt area pulse glows in time with the body glow. On males it’s the cravat and the tails lining.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I purchased the wedding set in GW1… It should be made available in GW2 HOM. I’m not buying it again.

If you can find one in the Guild Wars 1 version that’s identical to the Guild Wars 2 version, then you have a valid complaint. Otherwise it’s just as valid as going to a shop and saying, “I bought a dress here 4 years ago. I should get this new, different one for free.”

tl:dr. That is not equal to this

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

It is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I’d have considered getting it since yes, it does look nice on certain races. But for 1000 gems? Good luck with that one, Anet.

The chef outfit has the same idea in that every race is unique and it is priced like any other outfit at 700 gems. Why they priced this one 300 gems higher is beyond me.

That outfit wasn’t even originally a outfit to begin with. It was part of the old town clothing system, iirc it’s the same price as it alway has been(imagine if anet raised the price of currently existing items. How much rage would be exploding out of these forums?). When they removed the old system, it became a outfit. The Chef outfit is also the same outfit between male and female, but differs in race. The Wedding outfit has a different attire between male and female of every race. I don’t mind it costing a bit more just because it’s pretty much ten outfits in one.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Just a curiosity, does anyone else have random weird looking armor textures popping up on the back of the sylvari dress?

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

So don’t buy it. Unlike other games cash shops, GW2’s cash shop has nothing in it that affects gameplay. Not having the wedding outfit will in no way affect your ability to play every bit of the game as well as anyone else. It’s just a cosmetic item.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Entropy.6784

Entropy.6784

Free 1k dye? Where ._.?

Dinks.2478

Can’t even launch a valid complaint against overpriced items in the gem store without people coming out of nowhere to defend it wildly. What a sad state of affairs.

Wildkitten.3872

Free 1k dye? Where ._.?

Birthday gift, if you consider carefully what you’re doing, you can basically get a dye that would normally be super expensive.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Wildkitten.3872

Can’t even launch a valid complaint against overpriced items in the gem store without people coming out of nowhere to defend it wildly. What a sad state of affairs.

Except there is no valid complaint here. For one thing, an outfit is not mandatory to play the game. No achievement points or content will be blocked to you if you don’t have it.

And unlike other outfits, there are actually more versions of this one. That meant more work went into it. Are you saying in life you do more work for people for free?

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just a curiosity, does anyone else have random weird looking armor textures popping up on the back of the sylvari dress?

Some people do, check the Bugs forum for the thread.

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

The only “complaint” I have about the wedding dress is that they could have added actual player weddings to go with it.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

I love this outfit, love it, love the way it can be dyed, did I say I loved it?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Man up guys and be a good sugardaddy for your waifu/subhusbando. They should also add visible, shiny wedding rings of varying expensive prices on top of it to make the wedding process even more realistic. This is supposed to be a true, powerful commitment… sacrifices are needed.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The only “complaint” I have about the wedding dress is that they could have added actual player weddings to go with it.

The wedding plaza (or what heavily looks like one) in LA will likely be used for this “soon”.

One can only hope that Anet will be finally adding in some real RP into their MMORPG after 3 years.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I will probably buy this. I love the idea of a race specific outfit that looks like a fancy version of the town clothes NPCs wear, and I could see myself getting some good use from it.

I haven’t bought it yet because I want to experiment with dye schemes and think about which characters I’d actually use it on (I don’t do impulse purchases) but the cost isn’t an issue for me.

Having said that I do wonder if it’s a good move to charge more than other outfits. If making it 300 gems cheaper would encourage many more people to buy it then it could actually be in Anet’s interest to reduce the price.

Yes. I reported it as a bug in-game, but I wasn’t sure if it was only in the preview window or in the game as a whole.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

Can’t even launch a invalid complaint against reasonably priced items in the gem store without people coming out of nowhere to defend it wildly. What a sad state of affairs.

Fify.

Its 300 more gems for an outfit that has 5 different cultural wedding sets inside it. I don’t know what the pricing is like where you live but where I live, if an item took more time and effort to make, it costs more.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Dinks.2478

Can’t even launch a invalid complaint against reasonably priced items in the gem store without people coming out of nowhere to defend it wildly. What a sad state of affairs.

Fify.

Its 300 more gems for an outfit that has 5 different cultural wedding sets inside it. I don’t know what the pricing is like where you live but where I live, if an item took more time and effort to make, it costs more.

You people can keep coming out with such ridiculous reasons but at the end of the day its still just a single outfit and its overpriced. You’re still wrong.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Can I like.. just buy the female human one :/ I only play female humans.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Fify.

You people can keep coming out with such ridiculous reasons but at the end of the day its still just a single outfit and its overpriced. You’re still wrong.

If each race was wearing the exact same outfit, like the Balthazar is the same for each race, then you would be correct. Since each race is wearing a different outfit then you are incorrect.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

I’m still fuzzy on how outfits are supposed to work. Can they be used in battle? Can they be left on and worn forever? I ask this because frankly if I’m going to spend $20 so my Sylvari can finally have a new pretty flower dress (Seriously? I only get 4 whole armors to pick from??), I want to make sure I can wear it during standard gameplay.

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

Well it does make since but I can see how 1k gems is a lot when gems never go on sale. With that said I was going to get the wedding attire no matter HOW MUCH it was. Until I saw it on my Charr characters and I was like …………….. it is SO UGLY. The only race I like/play is the Charr. It looks awesome on the Human and Asura (not sure about the others) but I don’t like the other races in GW2. Just a little disappointed but no matter ArenaNet will still get my money for other things.

New Post:
Well after looking through this thread again I saw a picture posted by Just a flesh wound with all the races in the Wedding Attire and I take back what I said about the Charr Wedding Attire. Now it looks like a Roman type theme of dress.

(edited by Evga.2471)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m still fuzzy on how outfits are supposed to work. Can they be used in battle? Can they be left on and worn forever? I ask this because frankly if I’m going to spend $20 so my Sylvari can finally have a new pretty flower dress (Seriously? I only get 4 whole armors to pick from??), I want to make sure I can wear it during standard gameplay.

Yes, you can wear it during battle.

Outfits are functionally the same as armor, except that you can’t mix-match pieces, they aren’t treated as actual equipment in your inventory, but rather just “overlay” their appearance instead of your normal armor.

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

You know what’s really disgusting? The charr variant! Which makes it simple, just don’t buy it

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Amazing outfit. Thanks to this complaino thread’s comments to point out how worth it this outfit is. If you put it into gold terms, it’s like 226 gold currently. The usual exchange rate would put it at like 130 gold but it looks like gems are IN DEMAND!

Goes to show you how awesome the stuff they’re offering is to see the gem exchange rate so high.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I think it is beautiful. So many gorgeous brides (and grooms) in Divinity’s Reach today. I love the look of the Norn female wearing the dress and the white wings. Stunning!

Posted by: Araiia.8502

Araiia.8502

Considering the artists took the time to create a unique outfit for each race and gender, 1k seems very fair!

araiia @ tumblr

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The outfit has a unique model per race. That’s five times (x5) the amount of work put into the outfit compared to other outfits and they’re charging an extra 48% (x1.48) for it.

I’ve always been vocal about my feelings over the pricing of gem store items, but in this case ANet is being very generous with pricing. It’s basically 5 cultural outfit skins for 200 gems each, which is a great deal – and this is coming from a guy who thinks outfits are only worth 400 gems due to lack of mix-and-match options.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Weddings are expensive in real life

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

this isn’t real life…. kitten .

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

I see this as kind of a test to see if they can get away with higher prices on outfits. If it proves successful, expect to see all future outfits cost this much regardless of if it has any “cultural tweaks” or not.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I see this as kind of a test to see if they can get away with higher prices on outfits. If it proves successful, expect to see all future outfits cost this much regardless of if it has any “cultural tweaks” or not.

If all the new Outfits are going to be 10 for 1, then I’m happy with that.

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

If all the new Outfits are going to be 10 for 1, then I’m happy with that.

Reading… you obviously can’t do it very well.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

People really will complain about anything.

yeah, like bugs that were reported 2+ years ago and such trivialities, hey?

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

This, is is accurate. They can claim all they want to “unique” but if that crap continues, on stuff they should of been already “uniquing” they are going to have raging forums I do think it is over priced, and am getting sick of people saying you can use in game gold, or you don’t like it?, don’t get it. It is only to see how everyone reacts :P it should of been done in the first place, not rehashed human armors.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Can you get it for half price by signing a pre nup?

LMAO!!!!

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…