1st Daily Log-in Roll out is unfair

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Hi Anet.

This can be just a little thing for most of the ppl, but as a loyal player ever since the betas, I found extremely unrespectful the roll out on who get the 1st daily log-in reward based on last time logged in.

I’ve logged yesterday at 16:30 Pm, No I haven’t made dailies. Still, now I’ll receive my first log-in reward one day delayed, so basically I can’t achieve the daily laurel from before the patch, and neither I get my first log in reward as just patched.

As I said, it is just a little thing, and most won’t bother, but for me (That chase dailyes every day, and try to get the most of the game) found it pretty unrespectful with me and the othe rones that got the log-in delayed by one day.

Regards.

Posted by: Atlas Tsahalla.2456

Atlas Tsahalla.2456

…really?? O.o

Are you trolling or is this serious?

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

According to the patchnote, those who logged during a certain period between yesterday and today won’t get the daily log-in reward until tomorrow even if they didn’t complete their daily. The others got it already.
I don’t even understand how this could happen.

(edited by arkealia.2713)

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I’ve logged yesterday at 16:30 Pm, No I haven’t made dailies. Still, now I’ll receive my first log-in reward one day delayed, so basically I can’t achieve the daily laurel from before the patch, and neither I get my first log in reward as just patched.

You logged in and didn’t do your daily, that’s why you didn’t get the reward.

that has nothing to do with the new system as you wouldn’t have gotten it even if the patch had not happened.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

MauricioCezar.2673

You logged in and didn’t do your daily, that’s why you didn’t get the reward.

that has nothing to do with the new system as you wouldn’t have gotten it even if the patch had not happened.

You are misinformated. The ppl who did not logged into the game byt the reset at 16/12 until the patch, got their first “Log in reward” today, one day ahead of us that was logged by after reset.

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

-Players logged in after 4:00 p.m. PDT on December 15 will receive their first daily log-in reward chest after 4:00 p.m. PDT on December 16.
-Players last logged out before 4:00 p.m. PDT on December 15 will receive their first daily log-in reward chest immediately after the update.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

What does it matter… You only have to log in for 28 days at any pace and you will get the same rewards everyone else gets. So you miss out on one day, it’s not a big deal… People who live in different time zones will miss out on that day because of the time they sleep anyway…

MauricioCezar.2673

As I said in my post, I know it is not such a big issue for some ppl. But for some others it is. And since this is made of a whole bunch ofplayers, it seens extremely unrespectful divide the players is such a unfair metric.

Just that, showing here my disapointment. As by what I think of this, I just think that it was not well designed, just this.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

According to the patchnote, those who logged during a certain period between yesterday and today won’t get the daily log-in reward until tomorrow even if they didn’t complete their daily. The others got it already.
I don’t even understand how this could happen.

I guess you weren’t around back when they made some changes to what counted for monthlies and reset the monthlies. Most of us hadn’t completed the monthly in the 24-48 hr period we had since the monthly started, so we were partially wiped for completion. Those who had managed to complete it so fast also got a reset, but they had already earned the 10 laurels from the monthly. So they could earn 10 more laurels than anyone else.

Fair right?

A line has to be drawn somewhere, missing 1 laurel would not kill me.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It was going to be unfair to someone. Either they would make someone miss out on a day in the new system, or they’d give some people an extra reward if they did the daily and then logged in between the patch and today’s reset.

Knowing this, I really have no problem with being one day behind some people.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

GrandmaFunk.3052

You are misinformated. The ppl who did not logged into the game byt the reset at 16/12 until the patch, got their first “Log in reward” today, one day ahead of us that was logged by after reset.

Yes, because those that did log in between yesterday’s reset and the patch were able to do today’s daily and obtain the reward.

giving those players the login reward as well would mean they’d get today’s reward twice.

you chose not to do today’s daily before the patch so you don’t get the reward for it. that’s the fairest way to handle it.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

MauricioCezar.2673

Yes, because those that did log in between yesterday’s reset and the patch were able to do today’s daily and obtain the reward.

giving those players the login reward as well would mean they’d get today’s reward twice.

you chose not to do today’s daily before the patch so you don’t get the reward for it. that’s the fairest way to handle it.

U must be really uniformated to come here say o my face “U choose” not do the daily. How come you to know it was a choice of me?. Well, and if if u think that this was the fairist way to deal with, let me point you how I (As a indie game designer) would solve the problem: Add a check on code if u had made the 16/12 daily. If yes, Don’t get log-in reward. If not, you get.

And yes, it is sample as that to do.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I missed out too, but I’m not upset by it. It’s just one day. You’ll catch up eventually when people get sick/lose internet/whatnot. Besides, it doesn’t lose your progress when you skip GW2 for a day.

GrandmaFunk.3052

U must be really uniformated to come here say o my face “U choose” not do the daily. How come you to know it was a choice of me?.

You said that you did log in and that you didn’t do the daily.. unless you somehow don’t have free will, then that is the choice that you made.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I really don’t see why people are so up in arms about this.

I’m not going to go claiming that its “fair”, but its one day. One single day. Some people will get their daily login rewards one day earlier. Big deal. Its not like any of the rewards are exclusive to the daily log-ins, like those people will get some super special armor or something a day earlier. You have to wait one day for some laurels or luck or random crafting materials.

I don’t think its intentionally being “disrespectful” anyway, for that matter. I’m sure there’s some technical reason for it, something to do with the old dailies and the new log-in bonuses using the same variable or the system simply making a “has player logged in since last reset” check or something that ended up causing the issue. And hey, whatever the reason, at least the devs warned us about it beforehand and didn’t just leave everyone wondering why some were getting it and some weren’t.

I suppose they could have been “fair” and just blocked everyone from getting it until today’s reset. But you could turn it around then and say its unfair to the people who didn’t do their daily before the patch and thus end up losing the chance to get anything today.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I am going to quit the game since I lost ONE laurel, due to this patch!!!! I will not be disrespected like this!!!!!!

" Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my ONE laurel. Prepare to be uninstalled. "

This has got to be a fake thread, as I can’t believe that anyone would get this worked up about losing ONE laurel, due to the login on patch day.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

MauricioCezar.2673

@Teon, you should really really read more careful my post. It is just my critique on how this sytem got putted in. It happened before as GOSU mentioned, so it should be had think better this way.

No one is talking non-sense about hate and uninstall. You are being very agressive, please, pay a little more attention on what is really going on.

Regards.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As soon as those people miss a day you’ll be back on equal footing. As soon as they miss 2 days you’ll be ahead.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

@Teon, you should really really read more careful my post. It is just my critique on how this sytem got putted in. It happened before as GOSU mentioned, so it should be had think better this way.

No one is talking non-sense about hate and uninstall. You are being very agressive, please, pay a little more attention on what is really going on.

Regards.

Man, I wish someone out there would make a sarcastic font……..

My bad, as I should have at least put a /sarcasm off somewhere.
And the quote was a play on a character’s line from The Princess Bride……all meant in humor.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is what I posted in another thread with players concerned about this issue:

This doesn’t affect only EU players. Anyone that logged into the game after 00:00 UTC, whether in NA or EU or anywhere else gets the first Daily Log-In Reward after reset.

Let’s say you logged in 3 hours before yesterday’s Daily reset, played for 2 hours, and logged out. You would not be able to do yesterday’s Daily if you logged back in after the patch dropped today, because it is gone. So, the game gives you a Daily Log-In reward.

Let’s say you logged in yesterday 3 hours before patch, stayed on through Daily reset, and then completed yesterday’s Daily, and logged out. If you logged in today after the patch (but before reset, and automatically got the new Daily Log-In reward), you would be rewarded twice for yesterday’s Daily.

So, to prevent some people from being rewarded twice, anyone who logged in after reset yesterday must wait until reset today (patch day) to be rewarded. Those that logged in after yesterday’s reset, but failed to do their Daily, will miss out, but it would probably take a lot to code something that checked each account to see how many tasks that account completed on yesterday’s Daily, and then award the remaining (if any) Achievement Points/Rewards.

I imagine we will know more about who gets what, when, after a couple of Daily resets.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I’m not up-in-arms about this, and neither is OP from what I see. I am slightly annoyed, just as OP is.

Also, it’s not one laurel that’s missing … I believe the login reward for today was 2 mystic coins? Somebody else posted that, I won’t know for another hour … because for some reason we can’t even look at it but for once a day.

Of course by then, those who didn’t log in yesterday will already be on the day 2 reward.

Slightly annoyed, that’s all. Not up-in-arms, not quitting the game, just slightly annoyed.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I thought it was less likely to affect EU players.

The reset happens at midnight GMT, which is 1-2am for mainland Europe. Normally the number of people online on EU servers drops rapidly after 11pm GMT. I admit I’m rarely on after midnight myself, but when I have been it’s been pretty quiet.

So I assumed most EU players would be in the same position as me – played until shortly before the reset yesterday, logged off, went to sleep, went to work, logged in after the patch today and got the daily reward straight away.

As far as I can tell Americans are the ones who should have been most affected because the reset is late afternoon/early evening for them, so most would be playing during and after the reset and wouldn’t get the login reward until the next reset (in just under an hour).

Can someone explain why it’s the other way around?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Nabrok.9023

Here is what I posted in another thread with players concerned about this issue:

This doesn’t affect only EU players. Anyone that logged into the game after 00:00 UTC, whether in NA or EU or anywhere else gets the first Daily Log-In Reward after reset.

Let’s say you logged in 3 hours before yesterday’s Daily reset, played for 2 hours, and logged out. You would not be able to do yesterday’s Daily if you logged back in after the patch dropped today, because it is gone. So, the game gives you a Daily Log-In reward.

Let’s say you logged in yesterday 3 hours before patch, stayed on through Daily reset, and then completed yesterday’s Daily, and logged out. If you logged in today after the patch (but before reset, and automatically got the new Daily Log-In reward), you would be rewarded twice for yesterday’s Daily.

So, to prevent some people from being rewarded twice, anyone who logged in after reset yesterday must wait until reset today (patch day) to be rewarded. Those that logged in after yesterday’s reset, but failed to do their Daily, will miss out, but it would probably take a lot to code something that checked each account to see how many tasks that account completed on yesterday’s Daily, and then award the remaining (if any) Achievement Points/Rewards.

I imagine we will know more about who gets what, when, after a couple of Daily resets.

It effects EU players less than NA players. For EU reset is after prime time when many will have already logged off for the night. For NA reset is before prime time, so most NA players will have logged in.

All classes

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

U must be really uniformated to come here say o my face “U choose” not do the daily. How come you to know it was a choice of me?. Well, and if if u think that this was the fairist way to deal with, let me point you how I (As a indie game designer) would solve the problem: Add a check on code if u had made the 16/12 daily. If yes, Don’t get log-in reward. If not, you get.

And yes, it is sample as that to do.

You might think it’s as simple as that, but when you’re dealing with code as complex as GW2’s, and believe me, it’s probably way more complex than any code you write for an indie game it turns out not to be so simple.

You were logged in during the game day of 12/15 -16, which happens to change on daily reset at 4 p.m. PDT, since you were logged in on the 15 at 1630, which is 30 minutes after reset, you were considered as logged in for the day and will be eligible for the new Log-in reward at 4 p.m. PDT on the 16th when servers reset for the dailies. It’s unfair to no one really, since life isn’t fair to begin with.

Besides, anyone that completed yesterdays Daily also got to complete the new Daily rewards, so there’s that bonus of completing 2 Dailies in one day.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Hi Anet.

This can be just a little thing for most of the ppl, but as a loyal player ever since the betas, I found extremely unrespectful the roll out on who get the 1st daily log-in reward based on last time logged in.

As I said, it is just a little thing, and most won’t bother, but for me (That chase dailyes every day, and try to get the most of the game) found it pretty unrespectful with me and the othe rones that got the log-in delayed by one day.

Regards.

I’m with you 100%!

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Can someone explain how it works? I don’t understand why some people have now recieved 2 daily log in rewards and some only 1…

Nabrok.9023

Can someone explain how it works? I don’t understand why some people have now recieved 2 daily log in rewards and some only 1…

Anybody who logged in between the daily reset prior to the patch and the patch itself did not get the 1st reward until the daily reset after the patch.

All classes

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

So basically, even if I log in every single day for the next 10 years, there could be someone one day ahead of me simply because they logged in at the right time on that day?

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Try living in Australia – we miss out on these things almost every time. You get used to it.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yes, it is unfair. And it’s such a minor problem that it’s not even worth the database space this thread takes up. Can we move on to something important now? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

It effects EU players less than NA players. For EU reset is after prime time when many will have already logged off for the night. For NA reset is before prime time, so most NA players will have logged in.

4pm PSD means 1am, the next day, for Paris (for example), so it means that if, as an european player, you logged yourself between 1am and, let’s say 6~7pm (when the patch arrived, and just before the prime) you’re screwed. So it’s the same trouble for everybody after all

They should give the day-one validation to everybody that was connected to the game after the patch. If they already did the daily, no rewards (with a message to explain why), if no, then give them the reward. Everybody got his reward, and everybody got is completion = everybody is happy =) But I really don’t think the problem is the double reward (2 mystic coins for the log-in reward…), because we were able to farm the daily APs twice, so it makes no sense to block one reward and not the other.

That point is not a big deal, but it’s highly frustrating and irritating to see that dedication is not rewarded here (I played yesterday, so I want that to count for the daily progression, that’s all)

(edited by Gaia Orunitia.5794)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So basically, even if I log in every single day for the next 10 years, there could be someone one day ahead of me simply because they logged in at the right time on that day?

Depends on what you mean by ahead of you. Do you mean they get something before you do? Sure.

Someone logs in a gets an expensive precursor as a drop or a permanent hair style kit from a black lion chest, and they’re a lot more than a day ahead of you.

This isn’t the Olympics, it’s an MMO. The amount that person is ahead if you is so miniscule as to not make any difference in the game at all…except perhaps in the mind of certain players.

MauricioCezar.2673

I ain’t even up with the amount of time ahead or behind other players in general. Is the development philosofy that bother me more. As I said before, it has already happened in past, and now they do this again. Let me put the example of why this is bad:

I get back from job excited to log in my home and see the new daily log in system, and how does that works, the overall rewards, etc.. But then it is a slap on your face when you see ppl talking about it and you cant see, because some ppl had acess to it already, and some had not.

As I said, is a minor issue, but that really put me a little down with the content.

Posted by: DeathCom.6507

DeathCom.6507

I have to agree, this is completely UNFAIR and DISRESPECTFUL of devout fans.

I have relentlessly been completing dailies since I started this game and have probably missed out on maybe a few weeks at most total.

I have completed my final set of traditional dailies Monday the 15th / Tuesday the 16th sometime in the morning eastern standard time. I completed the new dailies (got the 10 cheevos) sometime Tuesday evening. As of 7:20pm on Wednesday, I am on DAY 2 of my daily log in reward. But from what I gather, I should be on DAY 3.

I did my time, I should get the log in rewards. The fact that, what is literally a screw up on Anet’s part, allowed people to get ahead in this, is unacceptble.

1 Day means nothing now, but on day 28, when other devout players have their gold find bonus, then it matters. And what about next month, or after that? What if log in bonus for month 12 is some sort of game breaking bonus gun that on that first day can be used to farm who knows what. Sure, probably a bannable offense but what if its like the maize farm? People made over 200g/day the first few days. FIRST means EVERYTHING in this game’s over inflated economy.

(edited by DeathCom.6507)

Posted by: Rip Van Winkle.4859

Rip Van Winkle.4859

Really what does it matter they are giving us crappy stuff any way.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

1 Day means nothing now, but on day 28, when other devout players have their gold find bonus, then it matters. And what about next month, or after that? What if log in bonus for month 12 is some sort of game breaking bonus gun that on that first day can be used to farm who knows what. Sure, probably a bannable offense but what if its like the maize farm? People made over 200g/day the first few days. FIRST means EVERYTHING in this game’s over inflated economy.

I really don’t think 2% gold find is going to make a difference, especially one day early. The amount of gold you find as raw currency (rather than items to sell) is miniscule, you’d have to farm for a loooong time to see any sort of significant increase from a 2% boost.

And there are not going to be different bonuses for each month. These aren’t monthlies with different rewards, its simply a cycle. When you get to the end of the 28-day logon period, you just go back to day 1 again. So there will never be anything major given, its always going to be the same set of rewards on a loop.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I really don’t think 2% gold find is going to make a difference, especially one day early. The amount of gold you find as raw currency (rather than items to sell) is miniscule, you’d have to farm for a loooong time to see any sort of significant increase from a 2% boost.

And there are not going to be different bonuses for each month. These aren’t monthlies with different rewards, its simply a cycle. When you get to the end of the 28-day logon period, you just go back to day 1 again. So there will never be anything major given, its always going to be the same set of rewards on a loop.

This. To add on to this:

The group who got the daily log in a day ahead of others will one day not log in at all. Putting them back into line with everyone else.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Seriously? There are people making millions of dollars a year by doing more or less nothing, and you feel this is unfair to the point of complaint? There are thousands of innocent people killed violently every day, and this is the injustice that you just won’t stand for?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Thored.2971

Thored.2971

Whether the daily log-in business is unfair or not is irrelevant, Arenanet just killed the game for me. Why? I have five 80 level characters. The new dailies are unrealistic unless you’re going to flit about the map so there are no reasonable short-term goals and no incentive to play every day. All I have left is map completion and story-lines. The latter I play as a guild party once a week and that will probably continue until we’re all tired of the game. There is no point killing anything, collecting anything, reviving anyone, recycling anything, doing events. Make new slots free and you might get me back with a new character.