1st Person View---Please!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kelminion.3805

Kelminion.3805

I cannot do jumping puzzles with my Norn that I can easily do with my Asura. Please implement a 1st person view so I can actually see when I am doing jumping puzzles with my Norn. I don’t think they were meant to be done blind… GW1 has a first person view. It seems like it would be an easy update to the game. Please, please, please implement this. It is my biggest complaint about the game (which I love by the way).

Posted by: Dehvi.1435

Dehvi.1435

It would not be easy to implement this at all..

The only thing achieved without effort is failure

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It would not be easy to implement this at all..

GW2 already has a first person view. It is in the options panel under ‘developer’, which is only accessible during beta testing (or, probably to anet-symbol players). I discovered it during the edge of the mists beta. It’s what you’d expect. view probably changed with character height – my asura saw a lot of crotches. I highly recommend NEVER to go into battle in 1st person view. But for immersion and JP and screenshots, it would be good to have. only thing I would of changed about it is to be able to quickly get in and out of it via mouse wheel (it was a toggle, so to get in and out of it you had to go into the options)

Dehvi.1435

That is interesting, never knew that. I will check it out

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Well having in mind that if you stand close to a wall you can scroll with a wheel into your character’s head, I don’t think that it’s that hard to implement. We need it.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Yes please….. I’d like it for screenshotting! <3

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So we don’t have to stand butt to butt look at someone else up close.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Yes, please! When this game was in beta, I asked for it on every evaluation. I love the 1st person view in GW1- it lets you see things closer than what we have now. And with all the beautiful LITTLE details in this game, many go unnoticed unless you stand “butt to butt” as Behellagh.1468 pointed out. I’d read here on the forums what Mystic had mentioned and it REALLY got my hopes up. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that after Anet gets this game fully optimized, we get it with the mouse scroll, like in GW1. This game is too beautiful to not have it.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

So we don’t have to stand butt to butt look at someone else up close.

that’s exactly what happens!

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

first person camera would have a disastrous FOV angle… i know it sometimes better than having your character blocking the entire screen, but still, it’s terribad.

I’m asking for a camera freeze feature that ignores collision with terrain…

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Stopping in to throw in what I always throw in:

We aren’t asking for an in-combat first person view. If the devs want to have it snap us out to third person when in combat (and disable it entirely in PvP and/or WvW,) most of us would still be very happy if it was implemented.

There really is no disadvantage to adding it.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Dehvi.1435

Well having in mind that if you stand close to a wall you can scroll with a wheel into your character’s head, I don’t think that it’s that hard to implement. We need it.

This… I don’t even know how to respond to you. Here goes..

Scrolling into your characters head has absolutely NOTHING in common with FPV at all. All you are doing is scrolling into your head. If you enjoy playing inside your toons head fine enjoy but don’t try tell me you are “going FPV”

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

This… I don’t even know how to respond to you. Here goes..

Scrolling into your characters head has absolutely NOTHING in common with FPV at all. All you are doing is scrolling into your head. If you enjoy playing inside your toons head fine enjoy but don’t try tell me you are “going FPV”

Where did I say that I’m going FPV? All I’l saying is that if your character disappears when you scroll into their heads and the camera is obviously able to go that low/ high it shouldn’t be a difficult feature to implement.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Well we know the feature is already in-game, but locked under developer options.
All they need to do is unlock it for everyone else

Also, pretty late response Dehvi ^^

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I rather give all tonics the ability to jump for jumping puzzles.

First person view isn’t bad.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

use “Potion of Ascalonian Mages”, Works in wvw and i guess it should work fine in jump puzzle or what ever

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Maybe enable in in CTRL+SHIFT+H.