2 Weeks Living World vs 2 Month Living World

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Would you guys rather seeing a small amount of content every 2 weeks, or a large amount of content every 2 month?

imo 2 weeks content might be interesting now, but after a while it will just be like daily, tedious and repetitive. I would rather see Anet focus their team on one big project and pump on contents slow but awesome. ( like big overhaul to sPvP, major class balances, new dungeons, new mechanics, new lands, etc )

I think quality > quantity in this case. Plus i bet it will relieve some stress off the Anet devs team, having to released a new patch every 2 weeks seem really stressful for me.

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

…they won’t do it if what they said at the Seattle PAX event how wonderful the current timeline for release is even remote to being accurate.

Why is it so?

The World May Never Know…

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Honestly, nothing really good comes out every 2 weeks. Usually after two or three months a nice content update happens with cool content.

I mean really, what is so exciting about next weeks living story about kitten ,

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

…they won’t do it if what they said at the Seattle PAX event how wonderful the current timeline for release is even remote to being accurate.

Why is it so?

Telling the press and fan-sites that your current design direction(in this case living story) is doing splendidly well just because people are experiencing, and having it actually be good stuff are different things. I hope arenanet realizes this before its too late. Before people literally grind them selves out of the game from sheer boredom and checklists and into the arms of another MMO.

As to the topic at hand: Two months would be better in my opinion. Even one month. Once a month was pretty good. Why increase it to twice a month? I had time to do what I wanted throughout the month, not rush to complete XYZ achievements for the meta..and so that I can then grind with the rest of the zergs in the current zergfest living story event just so I can make some decent coin.

2 weeks = bad.
One Month = good.
Two Months = good.
Three months = Getting a little long between updates.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

They’re still making living stories? I dunno what the stories about?! I thought it was about dragons and what not turns out it’s about some Dude/tte named Scarlet.

No ,but for real I’ve been keeping up with this new Living story stuff. Quite honestly I just lost interest about several months ago with that Dragon bash thing.

Like dozens before have said it’s really not well thought material. It’s too rushed and unrefined. Maybe if they took 2 months to make something it might be interesting.

Then again it only takes me 17 minutes to make some muffins and those taste wonderful ,so maybe Anet should make something in 17 minutes.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I actually think Anet is getting the message, and is gradually releasing less and less content every two weeks, and in my opinion, that is a step in the right direction. I’d really much rather have them release new content in longer intervals..

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

2 months would make me quit the game, I’d have nothing to do between the updates, and if there was an update I didn’t like, well, there’s another 4 months of nothing to do.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I prefer the two-week updates. Remember each team’s update takes 4 months to create, as it is. Also, there is no reason (and they have stated repeatedly that are working this way) that they cannot do both, smaller updates and big projects that will be released through the Living World patches. I would not want to wait up to six months for some new content, as sometimes the content released in a patch (or two or three) is not my cup of tea.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

2 months would make me quit the game, I’d have nothing to do between the updates, and if there was an update I didn’t like, well, there’s another 4 months of nothing to do.

I played various MMO-s for years where you often had to wait around half year for new content. And I felt it was fine. GW1 with close to one year intervals between big expansions was fine (in fact GW1 expansions were amazing and a perfect model for what I would call good content upgrades for an MMO). Now, “new content” every two weeks is a new experiment and if you would ask me, I would call this experiment to be madness. If you really feel like quitting the game becouse it does not spam you with new “content” every two weeks, I think you have an issue with longterm gaming commitments in general.

PS. God forbid if you would not play GW2 for a week or two becouse current content is not new enough for you. If the game does not force you to log every single day (which is what GW2 seems to be aiming at), does it mean it fails? There are tons of other games to mix and match out there when you feel like taking a small break from GW2. There is also this thing called the outside world. I heard it has pretty good graphics.

(edited by Awe.1096)

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

They wont change the 2 week schedule because I’m every 2 weeks there is new crap in the gemstore.

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

I prefer 2 week updates, that way if you don’t like the update you have a shorter wait time for new stuff to come out.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I would prefer monthly/bimonthly updates, yes. It feels at the moment that most of my playtime is spent just trying to keep up with the Living Story. There’s also been a feeling lately that the Living Story is… unsatisfying? Look at Halloween 2013. Most players seem to feel that there’s not enough content to it. Having a bigger, meatier update come out once every month or two is better, IMO. It also gives the players more time to build up excitement and anticipation.

There’s plenty to do in the game while you wait; level alts, do dungeons, do Fractals, WvW, PvP, farming, roleplaying etc. There’s really no need to have new content to do every 2 weeks.

Xae Isareth.1364

I played various MMO-s for years where you often had to wait around half year for new content. And I felt it was fine. GW1 with close to one year intervals between big expansions was fine (in fact GW1 expansions were amazing and a perfect model for what I would call good content upgrades for an MMO). Now, “new content” every two weeks is a new experiment and if you would ask me, I would call this experiment to be madness. If you really feel like quitting the game becouse it does not spam you with new “content” every two weeks, I think you have an issue with longterm gaming commitments in general.

PS. God forbid if you would not play GW2 for a week or two becouse current content is not new enough for you. If the game does not force you to log every single day (which is what GW2 seems to be aiming at), does it mean it fails? There are tons of other games to mix and match out there when you feel like taking a small break from GW2. There is also this thing called the outside world. I heard it has pretty good graphics.

I’ve never stayed in a MMO for more than 2 months apart from this, RuneScape and WoW. But WoW because there was so much stuff to do already. I personally prefer only playing one game at a time.

I don’t ‘commit’ myself to a game. I don’t like to play a second job and pay my boss for it. I leave when things get boring.

It’s not really madness, RuneScape has weekly updates and that’s been a selling point, and a successful one. RuneScape is easier to update, but Anet has a bigger team. They just need to structure right in terms if priority.

Work on the big ‘2 – 4 month’ projects with a large team whilst keeping the playerbase entertained by feeding them smaller updates. Let them know that.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I prefer one month living world and have more content in the one update.

The two week living world updates are just a ploy to apply urgency to log in every single day. It gets annoying.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d prefer if they eased up a little and moved to three weeks/one month between small updates. I’d like as well if they added bigger (and permanent) updates every 3 months/half a year in addition to the smaller ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Xae Isareth.1364

I think they should just get 2 of the LS teams to work on 1 month small updates, stuff which are just a package of minor content like new skills, balance patches and side stories.

The other 2 LS teams would be combined to release large updates with new dungeons, areas, and major story arcs to be released on a roughly 2 month schedule.

That way, we get little bits of content frequently to keep players occupied until bigger expansion-quality updates.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

They’re still making living stories? I dunno what the stories about?! I thought it was about dragons and what not turns out it’s about some Dude/tte named Scarlet.

No ,but for real I’ve been keeping up with this new Living story stuff. Quite honestly I just lost interest about several months ago with that Dragon bash thing.

Like dozens before have said it’s really not well thought material. It’s too rushed and unrefined. Maybe if they took 2 months to make something it might be interesting.

Then again it only takes me 17 minutes to make some muffins and those taste wonderful ,so maybe Anet should make something in 17 minutes.

Umm, each Living Story update takes 4 months to create, they have 4 teams, each working on 1 months worths of Living Story content.

IMO, the I like the Living Story content, it has be really good so far. I also see it as a plus that it has nothing to do with the main overall storyline with the Dragons. The Dragons should be reserved for something much bigger. The great thing about Living Story that is it low key, that if you missed some content it doesn’t really matter, it makes it much easier to take breaks from the game for whatever reason you have. But if the Living Story was related to the main overall storyline with the Dragons, then it would be detrimental to miss any of the living story content. IMO Anet made the right decision to make the Living Story low key.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I think they should just get 2 of the LS teams to work on 1 month small updates, stuff which are just a package of minor content like new skills, balance patches and side stories.

The other 2 LS teams would be combined to release large updates with new dungeons, areas, and major story arcs to be released on a roughly 2 month schedule.

That way, we get little bits of content frequently to keep players occupied until bigger expansion-quality updates.

Anet already said that there are much more teams working on different content not related to the Living Story. So there is no need to change the LS teams to do things that other teams are already working on. I have no doubt that the major content releases, especially ones that deal with the Dragons storyline, are going to take much longer to create than Living Story Content. It takes 4 months to create a 1 months of Living Story content, I suspect it is going to take much much longer to create major storyline content.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Why is it so?

I do not have the source it was in either one of the yearly status updates or a twitch post. They said the reason they are releasing every two weeks was because they noticed when they patched the game people typically played for two weeks after the patch then the player base tampered off till the next patch. They said having a patch every two weeks would keep people at their desks playing all the time pretty much.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

In my opinion, the Living World patches should have been every 3 months, not every 2 weeks. I haven’t done the Living Story in a very long time because they are completely and utterly boring with shallow content. If they released the patches every 3 months instead of every 2 weeks, then much more content could be released at one time and would keep me occupied for awhile. Not to mention they’d have time to improve the achievements instead of recycling the same “Go fetch x, now go talk to these people” achievements.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Xae Isareth.1364

Anet already said that there are much more teams working on different content not related to the Living Story. So there is no need to change the LS teams to do things that other teams are already working on. I have no doubt that the major content releases, especially ones that deal with the Dragons storyline, are going to take much longer to create than Living Story Content. It takes 4 months to create a 1 months of Living Story content, I suspect it is going to take much much longer to create major storyline content.

The problem is, its been 1 year already. We still havn’t seen any of those bigger projects, or even heard what they actually are.

Even the most optimistic person gets skeptical at this point.