2 feature packs and 1/2 season, not enough

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Hopefully what they announced so far isn’t the most important WvW update of the feature patch because:

a new PvP armor = not a feature
generic PvP characters = not necessary
300g colored commander tags = what?! 300g for a feature the community proposed 2 years ago?

So far for me it’s a complete let down.

Agree so much.
none of that is worthy of a Feature patch.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

what im saying is.. if we had more frequent Feature patchs.. for example once every month or 2..

our playerbase would be alot Bigger.

players would feel like we are getting content and new things. it feels like a safe money/ time investment.

I agree with more frequent feature packs (though we would probably get less features at a time than one big one. Ex. A big one giving 6 at once like every six weeks, while smaller ones would give 2 every two weeks over than span of six weeks.)

The rest I can’t agree on because you and I have no data to back up such a claim except from a handfull of people

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Hopefully what they announced so far isn’t the most important WvW update of the feature patch because:

300g colored commander tags = what?! 300g for a feature the community proposed 2 years ago?

I don’t know. The new combat log looks pretty sweet to me.

Zardul.3952

in my Eye a Feature Patch is something like the following.

- new maps
- new character skills
- new pvp modes ( capture the flag, defend and conquer)
- new weapons

you get the idea… NEW things… not added colours for a commander tag… or cosmetic skins… we get those in normal patchs….

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

what im saying is.. if we had more frequent Feature patchs.. for example once every month or 2..

our playerbase would be alot Bigger.

players would feel like we are getting content and new things. it feels like a safe money/ time investment.

You have to be more specific. A faster patchcycle wont help if they don’t have anything to add. What you’re suggesting is that they have to enlarge their staff, which means that they have to hire way more employees. They have to test things more in a smaller timeframe and foremeost, they have to make more money to pay all that employees. So you’re saying, and frankly so would I, that if they would add more things and fix flaws faster, they would make more money, both because this game would have more active players and because those players would spend more money.
But you have to convince the managers at NCSoft too. And it seems that this game, atleast from their perspective, is doing fine.

Vayne.8563

- new maps
- new character skills
- new weapons

you get the idea… NEW things… not added colours for a commander tag… or cosmetic skins… we get those in normal patchs….

New maps won’t be part of a feature patch because they’re content not a feature. The idea of a feature patch is to introduce quality of life type updates…not new zones.

New skills and PvP modes and weapons however can be part of a feature patch.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I agree the game could need some fresh air. Does anet have money trouble?

My only explaination is and i feel its a good one they need hold back since china just got the game.

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

2 years of development and all we got
-www ranks(lets forget waiting almost a year for account-bound ranks , just few minutes of silence )
-different colors of cmd tag 0_0 rly ? only this ? I can do that in paint in 5 minutes + 10 minutes of programing it . where is new squad system ?
-few new traps on www
-pvp dungs track (actually it was easy to implement , they had everything since the begining of gw2 )
-wardrobe(cool finally good stuff )
-megaserver(good stuff but maybe because population is so low )
-fractals(which are easy ,entire pve is easy so why we should be suprised ?)

I already said that in different topic ,instead of living story updates give us first balancing,fixing updates .
-fix ai on pve
-fix zerker meta on pve
-fix www , dont give us crap rainbow tags who cares about it ?!
-fix pvp BALANCE,new maps,game modes

Then give us living story update when this game is fixed and playable but I understand that all $$$ are coming from all 2days people who come for living story and then leave for 2 weeks . I am in 2 guild 1 in pure www and in this guild we have solid numbers but i am also in community polish guild and i can see how many people come only for living story it is around 70% of this guild(something around 50 people )

Zardul.3952

- new maps
- new character skills
- new weapons

New maps won’t be part of a feature patch because they’re content not a feature. The idea of a feature patch is to introduce quality of life type updates…not new zones.

i hope they read this post and make notes. i dont want to see this franchise die out :/

i loved Guild Wars 1, but gw2 seems too … Restrictive. maybe that is because of NCsoft? or Wildstar?

i dont know, but i hope you are Correct Vayne. i hope we get NEW things like pvp modes and weapons/ skills

Vayne.8563

- new maps
- new character skills
- new weapons

i hope they read this post and make notes. i dont want to see this franchise die out :/

i loved Guild Wars 1, but gw2 seems too … Restrictive. maybe that is because of NCsoft? or Wildstar?

i dont know, but i hope you are Correct Vayne. i hope we get NEW things like pvp modes and weapons/ skills

Well they’re definitely working on a new PvP mode…and it definitely won’t be in this feature patch.

Zardul.3952

-www ranks(lets forget waiting almost a year for account-bound ranks , just few minutes of silence )
-different colors of cmd tag 0_0 rly ? only this ? I can do that in paint in 5 minutes + 10 minutes of programing it . where is new squad system ?
-few new traps on www
-pvp dungs track (actually it was easy to implement , they had everything since the begining of gw2 )

I already said that in different topic ,instead of living story updates give us first balancing,fixing updates .
-fix ai on pve
-fix zerker meta on pve

Then give us living story update when this game is fixed and playable but I understand that all $$$ are coming from all 2days people who come for living story and then leave for 2 weeks . I am in 2 guild 1 in pure www and in this guild we have solid numbers but i am also in community polish guild and i can see how many people come only for living story it is around 70% of this guild(something around 50 people )

i was sad enough to write down everythign we have been given.
- Deathmatch Hotjoin pvp mode
-Southsun pve area
-Dry top pve area
-Edge of the mists pvp
- Jungle Wurm 3 heads
- new Tequilla Boss mechanics
- Fractured ( new fractal maps)
- +1 healing skill for all classes

- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item

Zardul.3952

and that was over 2 years.

Vayne.8563

-few new traps on www

-fix ai on pve
-fix zerker meta on pve

-Southsun pve area
-Dry top pve area
-Edge of the mists pvp
- Jungle Wurm 3 heads

- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item- GEMstore item

Guild missions, new jumping puzzles, new mini games, new traits, new Dungeon path for TA, revamp of AC and Tequatl, new dynamic events…pretty sure there was a new mini dungeon too, ascended armor, Karka Queen, new PvP maps and the entire season 1 of the living story including the Nightmare Tower, The Marionette Fight, The Battle for Lion’s Arch and Escape from Lion’s Arch, the molten facility dungeon, the Aetherblade dungeon…

And a bunch of gem store crap you don’t really need to play.

Zardul.3952

i wouldnt be surprised if the next GEMSTORE item is another useless CHAR backpiece skin

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

-few new traps on www

-fix ai on pve
-fix zerker meta on pve

-Southsun pve area
-Dry top pve area
-Edge of the mists pvp
- Jungle Wurm 3 heads

oh yh I forget wurm,teq are great but eotm lets dont comment this unique pvp content called ktrain .
Dry tops,southsun dont know why but they bored me after 1 day maybe standing on autoattack all day and all night bored me so much
Fractals you mean recycled maps from living story ?
And 1 healing skill 111111111 HEALING SKILL oh god just 1 per class ?! and trait update something good we need only balance of thoses traits and skills but meh who cares .

Zardul.3952

-few new traps on www

-fix ai on pve
-fix zerker meta on pve

-Southsun pve area
-Dry top pve area
-Edge of the mists pvp
- Jungle Wurm 3 heads

Guild missions, new jumping puzzles, new mini games, new traits, new Dungeon path for TA, revamp of AC and Tequatl, new dynamic events…pretty sure there was a new mini dungeon too, ascended armor, Karka Queen, new PvP maps and the entire season 1 of the living story including the Nightmare Tower, The Marionette Fight, The Battle for Lion’s Arch and Escape from Lion’s Arch, the molten facility dungeon, the Aetherblade dungeon…

And a bunch of gem store crap you don’t really need to play.

i was on about Perm Content.. but yh i missed off the new PATHS in TA and Aetherblade.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Theme park style games require constant updates or players will quickly get bored. While I think it was the intention that the LS would quell this boredom it seems lacking. We desperately either need an expansion or an update like Sorrows Furnace. Feature updates are nice but don’t halt the boredom that players feel from doing the same events and dungeons. We need something new. Dry top isn’t enough to be honest and while I like the new zone, it just isn’t enough

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I must agree with OP.It just seems like game develops too slow.I like LS and i prefer it lot more then expansion but feature patches need to make end game better.First feature patch fixed account stuff.Second patch will fix PvP it seems but still there is nothing that add on end game.Most wanted features are still not even close to release ( duels,guild wars,guild halls etc..).I love Gw2 but last month or 2 i play it just like Skyrim….when LS is released i play it for few hours and wait 2 weeks after,thats how i play Skyrim when i add new player made mode and burn its content fast.
Anet needs to add those features that people want,need to focus on that as well as to add end game content like new dungeons,new things to do in Tyria,to give us reason to replay back all those events that we done wile leveling.Rewords need to change as well cause most players already are happy enough with skins they have and they dont need new skins at all.

Posted by: floude.5291

floude.5291

Anet gotta pay more to their forum guys, they work very hard.

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I must agree with OP.It just seems like game develops too slow.I like LS and i prefer it lot more then expansion but feature patches need to make end game better.First feature patch fixed account stuff.Second patch will fix PvP it seems but still there is nothing that add on end game.Most wanted features are still not even close to release ( duels,guild wars,guild halls etc..).I love Gw2 but last month or 2 i play it just like Skyrim….when LS is released i play it for few hours and wait 2 weeks after,thats how i play Skyrim when i add new player made mode and burn its content fast.
Anet needs to add those features that people want,need to focus on that as well as to add end game content like new dungeons,new things to do in Tyria,to give us reason to replay back all those events that we done wile leveling.Rewords need to change as well cause most players already are happy enough with skins they have and they dont need new skins at all.

excatly I have the same opinion that first they should rebuild base of game +endgame content to give us reason to play everyday .right now I always speedrun through daily and then turn it off becasue there is nothing to do , leading pugs on www became boring and no updates only make it worse , playing pvp without full party is horrible , many players cant play and only whine that they were killed and lets dont forget about horrible balance (about pve i dont wanna talk because it is really bad in my opinion )

Posted by: aGenda.2358

aGenda.2358

All NCSoft needs to do is take some of the design team from Wildstar (the people that design the dungeon and raid encounters — NOT the rest of the game) and sit them on ArenaNet for 6 months to teach them how to design challenging, unique PvE encounters. I am sure they will figure out how to make it work within the existing constructs of the GW2 game and vision.

I want the polish and aesthetics of GW2 but with some well-designed and challenging PvE small-group content.

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

All NCSoft needs to do is take some of the design team from Wildstar (the people that design the dungeon and raid encounters — NOT the rest of the game) and sit them on ArenaNet for 6 months to teach them how to design challenging, unique PvE encounters. I am sure they will figure out how to make it work within the existing constructs of the GW2 game and vision.

I want the polish and aesthetics of GW2 but with some well-designed and challenging PvE small-group content.

No no no. issue is not that the guys at anet don’t know how to make them challenging counter.
Let me explain:
Any of the current dungeons would be working amazing and be mega fun with a trinity ( as fun as the trinity is also I am not asking for the trinity ) and also hard. It not complicated to balance stuff around that you know what to expect. Issue how ever is instead of one or 2-3 guys dealing damage you have 5. Instead of 1 person taking care that no one dies to the random AoE ( which is a lot if you ever played the dungeons how they are intended you’d notice they are quite hard hitting and require good movement and use of dodge to be avoided ) all can keep themselves topped of with no problem. Add to that the AoE’kitten through walls and certain skills have a hit limit also on boss ( most basic attack of them only hit 3) as non of the dungeon bosses has a phase kitten of a prevention to just burst them full on down. It is the most safe and effective to just go full dps. That’s to what the game lens due to the everyone takes care of themselves mentality. Add stuff like Protection ( 33% dmg increase no matter what your armor is ) , Might ( up to +875 power and condition so you will hard no matter what you do as long as you do damage ) and vulnerability ( up to +25% damage) and you’ll end up a system that was designed with the idea in mind that people can’t dish out all there damage so if they do it horribly breaks. There is no hard cap as far as I am aware so There is no need to spread out or approach it tactically more power = more damage as long as you keep hitting. As long as that doesn’t get addressed addressing stacking is impossible.

Blub.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

If you want Wildstar .. go play Wildstar .. but leave us alone here with that raid-crap.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Is Carbine even owned by NCSoft?

Do people really think NCSoft just hires and fires the people at ArenaNet? That they are really that micro-managing? If so, why would it even be called ArenaNet? Wouldn’t it just be NCSoft West Development Studio?

Bah!

Vayne.8563

Is Carbine even owned by NCSoft?

Do people really think NCSoft just hires and fires the people at ArenaNet? That they are really that micro-managing? If so, why would it even be called ArenaNet? Wouldn’t it just be NCSoft West Development Studio?

Bah!

Yep, NCsoft bought Carbine, but you’re right. They don’t really micromanage.

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

No no no. issue is not that the guys at anet don’t know how to make them challenging counter.
Let me explain:
Any of the current dungeons would be working amazing and be mega fun with a trinity ( as fun as the trinity is also I am not asking for the trinity ) and also hard. It not complicated to balance stuff around that you know what to expect. Issue how ever is instead of one or 2-3 guys dealing damage you have 5. Instead of 1 person taking care that no one dies to the random AoE ( which is a lot if you ever played the dungeons how they are intended you’d notice they are quite hard hitting and require good movement and use of dodge to be avoided ) all can keep themselves topped of with no problem. Add to that the AoE’kitten through walls and certain skills have a hit limit also on boss ( most basic attack of them only hit 3) as non of the dungeon bosses has a phase kitten of a prevention to just burst them full on down. It is the most safe and effective to just go full dps. That’s to what the game lens due to the everyone takes care of themselves mentality. Add stuff like Protection ( 33% dmg increase no matter what your armor is ) , Might ( up to +875 power and condition so you will hard no matter what you do as long as you do damage ) and vulnerability ( up to +25% damage) and you’ll end up a system that was designed with the idea in mind that people can’t dish out all there damage so if they do it horribly breaks. There is no hard cap as far as I am aware so There is no need to spread out or approach it tactically more power = more damage as long as you keep hitting. As long as that doesn’t get addressed addressing stacking is impossible.

It can be challenging but all we need is fixing zerker+corner meta maybe then full berzerk party wont be the most effective because they will wipe so many times that people would preffer to take tank+healer to dont wipe so many times . Everyone will be happy becasue with every party setup dung will be doable but only parties which cooperate will be efficient . But let be serious they cant fix fgs for over a year or longer and fixing it is easy as hell (fgs#4 only targetable like mesmer skills DONE)

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Glad you can talk for everyone. Do you know that Guild Wars 1 players were completely against ascended gear (for the most part). Many left this game when ascended gear was released.

Pretty sure the reason(s) GW vets left the game en masse were other than a layer of gear grind. It might have been the last straw for some, but surely not the sole reason.

Edit cuz posting is on CD:

Vayne… you litteraly just said people come here FOR cosmetic items….

and you tell me that i can talk for everyone..

dont be a hypocrit.

I don’t think it’s hypocritical to say that people came here for what the game was advertised to be. They said there wouldn’t be gear progression like in other games as a feature of the game.

If I said people came here to play Asurans or Sylvari, well yeah, because this is where you find Asura or Sylvari (and in no other game).

You’re speaking for people in contrast to what this game was sold as. That means you’re playing the wrong game. Stat creep is one of the worst things to happen to MMOs.

So is tying the cosmetic rewards that are GW2’s endgame behind 100% RNG or paywall….

I got nothing against making cosmetics the endgame, just the fact that acquiring them is done extremely poorly.

I’m not talking about those silly backpack skins they keep introducing in a new LS chapter… Most ppl want a chance at the good stuff (the armor skins in gemstore, frac skins, etc)… but they can’t unless they
a) pay $$
b) farm keys and pray to RNGesus or
c) farm gold through daily dungs, etc and just buy them directly from TP, which is really fun right!?

Most ppl didn’t leave when ascended gear came out lol, a ton of ppl had already left anyways.. its because of how atrocious the reward system is in GW2…that and that lack of attention anet had for PvP/WvW

^What he said.

I don’t know. The new combat log looks pretty sweet to me.

Oh did they add an option to see dmg done by NPCS during the LS?

At bottom post, in essence it was all of GW vets that were betrayed, because GW2 did not really deliver any of the so-called ‘best of GW’, unless they had HoM skins/titles in mind.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Vayne.8563

Glad you can talk for everyone. Do you know that Guild Wars 1 players were completely against ascended gear (for the most part). Many left this game when ascended gear was released.

Pretty sure the reason(s) GW vets left the game en masse were other than a layer of gear grind. It might have been the last straw for some, but surely not the sole reason.

I know people who loved this game except for that layer of gear grind and yes, left solely because they felt betrayed. One of them use to run a fan forum. That was simply a deal breaker for him. I think you underestimate the sense of betrayal that caused.

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I know people who loved this game except for that layer of gear grind and yes, left solely because they felt betrayed. One of them use to run a fan forum. That was simply a deal breaker for him. I think you underestimate the sense of betrayal that caused.

LOL quiting the game because there is armor for high level fractals , just LOL there is no difference between ascended/exotic on pve,www . Much bigger difference is in jewelery or even weapons so why they didnt leave in the begining of fractals and agony ?

Vayne.8563

LOL quiting the game because there is armor for high level fractals , just LOL there is no difference between ascended/exotic on pve,www . Much bigger difference is in jewelery or even weapons so why they didnt leave in the begining of fractals and agony ?

Because it was confined to Fractals. People have trodden out Colin’s comments about easy to attain gear. BIS gear was supposed to be easy to attain, like in Guild Wars 1. With the threat of a possible gear treadmill a lot of people lost their trust in Anet.

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

just as an example. Let’s look at Rift since it went F2P (in june 2013)
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/401629-welcome-back-v4-guide-whats-changed.html

look at the patches starting from 2.3 and all the content that was added since… and that’s just in 1 year…

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

new Dungeon path for TA,

you should add then they removed a path in TA to replace it with the new one.

Vayne.8563

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/401629-welcome-back-v4-guide-whats-changed.html

look at the patches starting from 2.3 and all the content that was added since… and that’s just in 1 year…

That’s great formatting. I bet if you added every change in the last year in this game, you’d get something along those lines..but Anet doesn’t list it like that.

The big thing is, though, Rift is instance centric. New raids. New dungeons. But I’m here because I like neither raids nor dungeons. I walked away from Rift because that’s what the company cared about. It was its bread and butter. Same with Wildstar, which isn’t enjoying great success, because I think most people don’t raid.

In any event, if I listed Guild Wars 2 patch notes side by side with that, it wouldn’t be that big a different for the last year, with only one exception.

The content from Season 1 isn’t here anymore. But if you count it, there’s probably as much or more content here as there is there in the last year.

I mean Nightmare Tower, Marionette, Escape from Lion’s Arch and battle for Lion’s Arch were all in the last year. The mega server, the Journal, account bound dyes, the Wardrobe, new PvP map, PvP Observer mode, Edge of the mists, New Fractals, Tequatl Revamp, Dry Top, it’s all within the last year.

It’s easy to forget how much stuff we’ve seen because it’s not all here, but that’s been changing.

And since the stuff Rift comes out with doesn’t particularly interest me (most of it anyway), I’m not sure how this is supposed to impress me.

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

stupid assertions

Well… i’m again here to waste my time… (i’m really surprised to see so many answers to each of those useless topics… anyway…).

first of all i want to point out 2 rapid things:
1) YOU don’t know everything we can expect from upcoming feature packs… you barely know 2 thinks (pvp, some of them, and commanders changes) on a list of more than 10 points (maybe 15 if there are 5 points per week).
2) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_season_2
As gw2 wiki reported, living season started july 1st… and only 1.5 months have passed… so please don’t be ridicolous… 1/2 of living story? you crazy…

Now… in less than 2 months we got:
- 3 living story updates (of course)
- 1 new area + 2 updates on that area… now it is almost big as a normal map
- story journal feature
- dozens of changes in various maps including new events and new areas or destroyed by corruption ones
- elite achievement for extra fun
- and of course new skins in game and from shop and new backs

now if this is not so much in a 1.5 months you are free to leave the game i think that the community will be happier with one less complainer I don’t even know if you realize that those topics are a complete waste of time for the writer, you, for the reader, us and devs, and for those who answer, few of us. Please go play with barbie and live each day a new adventure.

Vayne.8563

new Dungeon path for TA,

you should add then they removed a path in TA to replace it with the new one.

They did remove a path. That’s no different than temporary content, which is still content. The fact is there was something new in the game.

Lots of games have old instances that sit unused. I’m not sure that that’s particularly better than removing it. And the new path they put it was much longer and better than the path they took out.

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

My god!

Can we please differentiate between “changing existing features” and “NEW features???”

Rehashing junk and acting like it’s new ‘does not’ make it “new.”

Devona’s Rest

HHR LostProphet.4801

My god!

Can we please differentiate between “changing existing features” and “NEW features???”

Exactly. The Feature Patch usually focuses on reworking existing features, not adding new ones.

Vayne.8563

My god!

Ummm, that’s not just a little disingenuous. If you tear down a house and build a palace, you have a palace.

The new path of TA is NOT a rehash and NO ONE can say it’s a rehash. It’s a completely 100% new path. An 80th level path with new enemies, new maps, new bosses and new rewards.

The Tequatl revamp took something that was essentially nothing and made it into something much more than it was. If you call this a rehash, I’d have to say you’re misusing the word. The closest thing to a rehash I can think of is the AC dungeon upgrade, but even that has completely new bosses in it with new mechanics.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I haven’t even done LS2 yet – I was hoping for more zones to be opened, but when all w got was Dry Top, I was disappointed.

“I wanted more zones to play in, saw they only added one new zone, which isn’t as many as I wanted, so I’m not even going to play it…”

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

HHR LostProphet.4801

Ummm, that’s not just a little disingenuous. If you tear down a house and build a palace, you have a palace.

The new path of TA is NOT a rehash and NO ONE can say it’s a rehash. It’s a completely 100% new path. An 80th level path with new enemies, new maps, new bosses and new rewards.

The old path was hard but fine. The new path is way too long for the reward it offers and it gets neglected by almost everybody. So I don’t know where the palace is you’re referring to.

The Tequatl revamp took something that was essentially nothing and made it into something much more than it was. If you call this a rehash, I’d have to say you’re misusing the word. The closest thing to a rehash I can think of is the AC dungeon upgrade, but even that has completely new bosses in it with new mechanics.

They’ve updated Tequatl. They’ve deleted the old fight, which was already nice and made a new one, which is good but requires way more people to succeed. Now you have to come an hour before Tequatl spawns only to get a good overflow.

This Feature Pack wont offer any new things to do, it will only update old ones.

When you tear down a house to build a palace, you lose the house. Some people prefer a house over a palace.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ugh, I am so tired of these threads. Same kitten, different day.

“It’s not enough”
“This sucks”
“Anet doesn’t know what they’re doing”
“They need to give us mounts, housing, dueling, open world pvp, etc (take your pick)”

You know what, if you don’t like the game, move on.

I get it that some people want it to be this or that, but it’s not and you’re unhappy. You guys aren’t the developers, you aren’t the ones making the game. If you don’t like it, that’s just how it goes. I don’t like Tera, you don’t see me kittening about it on their forums. Not all games are for all people, and sometimes we purchase something that just doesn’t work out.

“But there aren’t any other games out right now”

That’s not Anet’s fault. You need to find something to entertain yourself, and there are a lot of options out there to do that with.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Vayne.8563

The old path was hard but fine. The new path is way too long for the reward it offers and it gets neglected by almost everybody. So I don’t know where the palace is you’re referring to.

They’ve updated Tequatl. They’ve deleted the old fight, which was already nice and made a new one, which is good but requires way more people to succeed. Now you have to come an hour before Tequatl spawns only to get a good overflow.

This Feature Pack wont offer any new things to do, it will only update old ones.

When you tear down a house to build a palace, you lose the house. Some people prefer a house over a palace.

People asked for challenging content. The old path was a 15 minute run that most people avoided, because the other two paths were easier. According to Anet it was the least played dungeon path in the game.

The new path has unique drops that sell for hundreds of gold. Some people farm for that. Not everyone. But then not all content will be for everyone.

There are very few…hardly any, long hard dungeon paths in this game. There are plenty of houses…but very few palaces.

I think the new Aetherblade path and Arah are probably the only decent dungeons left, as far as challenge goes.

HHR LostProphet.4801

I haven’t even done LS2 yet – I was hoping for more zones to be opened, but when all w got was Dry Top, I was disappointed.

“I wanted more zones to play in, saw they only added one new zone, which isn’t as many as I wanted, so I’m not even going to play it…”

People want expansions. ArenaNet has said that they going to do the Living World instead of an expansion. People still expect expansion-like content. What’s wrong about that?

The Living World focuses around story instead of new maps or new things to do.
Sadly the story is very bad. Many people are not pleased with the outcome and insist that if ANet would’ve done expansions instead, the game would be better.

Vayne.8563

People want expansions. ArenaNet has said that they going to do the Living World instead of an expansion. People still expect expansion-like content. What’s wrong about that?

The Living World focuses around story instead of new maps or new things to do.
Sadly the story is very bad. Many people are not pleased with the outcome and insist that if ANet would’ve done expansions instead, the game would be better.

First, Anet never said living world instead of an expansion and I’m pretty sure we’ll see an expansion next year not this year.

Secondly, I think you should stop talking for most people. You have no idea what most people like. The story is being much better received this time than last time, and there are far fewer complaints about it and far more compliments.

I’m not thinking the story is as bad or as disliked as you claim it is. And I don’t think you can back up your claims about it either.

HHR LostProphet.4801

People asked for challenging content. The old path was a 15 minute run that most people avoided, because the other two paths were easier. According to Anet it was the least played dungeon path in the game.

The new path has unique drops that sell for hundreds of gold. Some people farm for that. Not everyone. But then not all content will be for everyone.

There are very few…hardly any, long hard dungeon paths in this game. There are plenty of houses…but very few palaces.

I think the new Aetherblade path and Arah are probably the only decent dungeons left, as far as challenge goes.

Fine for you if you prefer the new path. Many people do not. And that doesn’t even take away from the fact that that content isn’t new content but updated content.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

That’s great formatting. I bet if you added every change in the last year in this game, you’d get something along those lines..but Anet doesn’t list it like that.

The big thing is, though, Rift is instance centric. New raids. New dungeons. But I’m here because I like neither raids nor dungeons. I walked away from Rift because that’s what the company cared about.

Yepp .. same here. I really liked all the big World Events in RIFT .. but in the end when
i was 50 i noticed i couldn’t even get lvl 50 items for the purple shards. And also that
even higher crafting receipes only dropped in instanced, where people normally find
gear so that they don’t even need crafted stuff, was the reason i never wanted to
touch a raid-centric MMO anymore.

At that point i bought a lifetime abo for Champions Online and waited for GW2

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

After seeing what we can expect from feature packs, and 1/2 a season of LS2, Its just not enough to [snip] keep people playing at the level where they feel invested enough to to spend money on gems.

I’ve never felt like I should spend money on gems, so I guess I’m good then.

Vayne.8563

Fine for you if you prefer the new path. Many people do not. And that doesn’t even take away from the fact that that content isn’t new content but updated content.

It’s not relevant whether many people or not prefer it or don’t. The fact is Anet removed the LEAST POPULAR dungeon path. You claim this is a path people ran. Anet has metrics to say otherwise. Most people didn’t like or run that path, according to Anet. That’s why that’s the path they replaced.

Whether or not people like the new path takes nothing away from it being new content.

HHR LostProphet.4801

First, Anet never said living world instead of an expansion and I’m pretty sure we’ll see an expansion next year not this year.

Secondly, I think you should stop talking for most people. You have no idea what most people like. The story is being much better received this time than last time, and there are far fewer complaints about it and far more compliments.

I’m not thinking the story is as bad or as disliked as you claim it is. And I don’t think you can back up your claims about it either.

First, before the Living World first launched a dev clearly said that they’re not working on an expansion but on their Living Story. You wont see an expansion before the Living Story is finished.

Second, did you ever take a look at the Living World subforum and its numerous threads about how the writing has improved but is still worse than any other story?
Or do you ever saw a decent film or played a decent game that put emphasis on its story? Because if you would have, you would notice how poorly written the current story is.

Vayne.8563

First, before the Living World first launched a dev clearly said that they’re not working on an expansion but on their Living Story. You wont see an expansion before the Living Story is finished.

Second, did you ever take a look at the Living World subforum and its numerous threads about how the writing has improved but is still worse than any other story?
Or do you ever saw a decent film or played a decent game that put emphasis on its story? Because if you would have, you would notice how poorly written the current story is.

Yep, I read the living world section all the time and reddit as well. As anyone knows, the forum represents a tiny slice of the community in any event, and you know, I do have 150 people in my guild. I get the pulse of what people like and don’t like. You have annecdotal evidence and no proof, which is exactly what I have. The difference is I don’t come onto the forums and say most people like the living story. I only respond to people who make such claims with no actual evidence.

Anet said that they have larger projects working in the background the kind of stuff that you’d get in an expansion. The living story team isn’t working on that stuff other teams are. How those things will be released is up in the air. It might be an expansion, it might be through the living story.

That’s what they said. If you want to say they said anything else, I’d love to see a quote.

Edit: I just looked through the Living Story section. Very few complaints about bad story. In fact, on the first couple of pages, I pretty much found one thread that said it was bad. The thread is yours. You have a single person in that thread agreeing with you, and another person in that thread who’s complaining about open world content and doesn’t complain about story at all.

I’m pretty sure if the story was so bad and so universally hated you’d have had more of a response.

(edited by Vayne.8563)