2 gold for dailies-- did it work?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I’m doing dailies just to get rid of some screen cluster at top right. But as someone above said, idm getting 2 golds killing other people in WvW.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m doing dailies just to get rid of some screen cluster at top right. But as someone above said, idm getting 2 golds killing other people in WvW.

I just keep 1 achievement tracked so the list is as minimal as possible. Usually something like weapon master that takes a very long time to complete so I don’t have to keep changing it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I was already completing the dailies most of the time anyways, so the 2G is just a nice bonus.

As for the question of it causing inflation, 2G is rather small compared to how much gold is generated by farming gathering nodes.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I was already completing the dailies most of the time anyways, so the 2G is just a nice bonus.

As for the question of it causing inflation, 2G is rather small compared to how much gold is generated by farming gathering nodes.

The TP doesn’t generate gold. Any gold you obtain through it was generated somewhere else. Any transaction you complete also destroys some gold.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Answer is … inflation, always.

It also reduced the gini of the population, in other words the ones more affected for the inflation were the guys with more gold in the economy.

The others have more capacity to buy now.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

My tinfoil hat hypothesis, with no backing for it what so ever, is that the 2g is also acting as a preemptive padding for eventual new gold sinks that’ll be added with either LW3 (less likely) and/or Expac2 (more likely). If this is the case, then the 2g is also working as intended.

~EW

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

There are two interpretations of “make gold.” It is both true that I can make gold by selling on the TP and that selling on the TP does not make gold.

When someone says they can make more gold by selling on the TP, they mean increase the size of their wallet. Yes, that gold comes from someone else, and some gold is even lost in the process.

So, individually, I can make gold on the TP. Overall, no gold is generated by the game when I sell on the TP. Both are true.

Inflation will tend to happen when there is more gold for the same number of goods (people forget this last part). Goods are being generated constantly in this game, which reduces inflation — however, it is the rate of production minus consumption that matters).

So, with this last bit, we can see that based on the rate of production minus consumption versus the increase in gold supply, the prices of some items can go up more than others. Inflation is not the measure of a single good — say, the gold-gem ratio — but the aggregate of prices as a whole.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Yeah the weird part its that most people that forget about this, consider adding silk nodes and such to combat the inflation.

Personally i will go for both more gold sinks and new ways to get more mats, etc, like masteries for getting more monsters parts.

Because only going for production will mean more inventory managing (except if they add more bag slots, etc that doesnt have skyrocketed prices like the gem ones xd, but that itslef will be also a gold sink in most of its posible implementations).

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm, gold-gem conversion took a tumble. Still not good enough of a price for me to get more gems, but it seems almost within reach.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

2 gold for dailies is not much…. It’s the same as doing 1 dungeon path a day 18 months ago… (before nerf), thisnetted 1.26 gold and gear generally worth more then 2 gold and took about 10 minutes (CoF1 ?) whcih is the same duration as Dailies.

It doesn’t compare to basic income of dungeon/ story/ Fractals /Raids
Having 100 or 1000 gold doesn’t say anything either, but people only see the main stats…

I make about 10-25 gold/ day doing dungeon and dailies, I don’t raid much, play little WvW and less PvP…
I own generally less then 100 gold, most of the time I have 25-50 gold…

However I have an account value of ~ 70k gold according to GW2 efficiency, having:

• 21 slots with
  • 20 lvl 80’s
  • 20 with ascended weapons/trinkets and backs and
  • 10 chars full ascneded armor,
  • 5 legendaries,
  • a lvl 10+ personal guildbank with guildhall,
  • a mostly unlocked homeinstance
  • all but 18 dyes unlocked
  • all crafting unlocked (yes including scribe 400)

I doubt money is really interesting…. If I would have stayed with 1 character or 4 or 5, maining only my first not being interested in more I could have had 100k gold by now, but I didn’t. I played the game…

As for inflation…

3 months in I bought Storm, to make the meteorologicus for 38 gold….
15 months in I bought the Leaf of Kudzu for 350 gold
44 months in (3 weeks ago I finished 2 bolts well acctually the second)this precursor was bought and set me back ~ 950 gold , the crafted one just a bit less expensive (800 gold or so)

And armor…. yes….
At start Armor was expensive so ppl started running CoF and got Berserker which was mostly free… runes were not a real issue and meta was 6 ruby orbs… and scholar if you were rich. this was ~ 3 gold for an armor and runes… Weapons from dungeons….Basic ideas about sigils was force and bloodlust these sigils were 3-4 gold… for the set.
Gearing your character was mostly expensive due to trinkets. ruby jewels cost 20 gold a set… for about 30-50 gold you could gear you level 80…..

Nowadays we have ascendeds. And ascended armor costs 550-800 gold, or you do raids and buy ’m cheap, weapons 100-120 gold each, sigil of force now costs 12 gold. runes are 25-60 gold,or dungeon bound.
trinkets can be bought just by logging in…. doing some guild missions and fractals…
for about 1250-1600 gold you can gear a level 80… unless you want HoT-stat trinkets then you need to grind out content like a tunneldrill. it feels how it seems a long dark process…
If you do not wish Ascneded you can go exotic with ascneded trinkets, but if you want ne stats you will pay ~120 gold for your armor and 20 gold per exotic weapon not counting trinkets and runes, in the end you now pay 250 gold for an exotic character…

So compared with start of the game stuff rose in price by 500-2500% only to be Meta…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

2 gold for dailies is not much…. It’s the same as doing 1 dungeon path a day 18 months ago… (before nerf), thisnetted 1.26 gold and gear generally worth more then 2 gold and took about 10 minutes (CoF1 ?) whcih is the same duration as Dailies.

It doesn’t compare to basic income of dungeon/ story/ Fractals /Raids
Having 100 or 1000 gold doesn’t say anything either, but people only see the main stats…

I make about 10-25 gold/ day doing dungeon and dailies, I don’t raid much, play little WvW and less PvP…
I own generally less then 100 gold, most of the time I have 25-50 gold…

However I have an account value of ~ 70k gold according to GW2 efficiency, having:

• 21 slots with
  • 20 lvl 80’s
  • 20 with ascended weapons/trinkets and backs and
  • 10 chars full ascneded armor,
  • 5 legendaries,
  • a lvl 10+ personal guildbank with guildhall,
  • a mostly unlocked homeinstance
  • all but 18 dyes unlocked
  • all crafting unlocked (yes including scribe 400)

I doubt money is really interesting…. If I would have stayed with 1 character or 4 or 5, maining only my first not being interested in more I could have had 100k gold by now, but I didn’t. I played the game…

As for inflation…

3 months in I bought Storm, to make the meteorologicus for 38 gold….
15 months in I bought the Leaf of Kudzu for 350 gold
44 months in (3 weeks ago I finished 2 bolts well acctually the second)this precursor was bought and set me back ~ 950 gold , the crafted one just a bit less expensive (800 gold or so) these are axpensive, but not to extremes….

And armor…. yes….
At start Armor was expensive so ppl started running CoF and got Berserker which was mostly free… runes were not a real issue and meta was 6 ruby orbs… and scholar if you were rich. this was ~ 3 gold for an armor and runes… Weapons from dungeons….Basic ideas about sigils was force and bloodlust these sigils were 3-4 gold… for the set.
Gearing your character was mostly expensive due to trinkets. ruby jewels cost 20 gold a set… for about 30-50 gold you could gear you level 80…..

Nowadays we have ascendeds. And ascended armor costs 550-800 gold, or you do raids and buy ’m cheap, weapons 100-120 gold each, sigil of force now costs 12 gold. runes are 25-60 gold,or dungeon bound.
trinkets can be bought just by logging in…. doing some guild missions and fractals…
for about 1250-1600 gold you can gear a level 80… unless you want HoT-stat trinkets then you need to grind out content like a tunneldrill. it feels how it seems a long dark process…
If you do not wish Ascneded you can go exotic with ascneded trinkets, but if you want ne stats you will pay ~120 gold for your armor and 20 gold per exotic weapon not counting trinkets and runes, in the end you now pay 250 gold for an exotic character…

So compared with start of the game stuff rose in price by 500-2500% only to be Meta…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

“Did it work?” implies there was a motive.
If the motive was to push me to do jumping puzzles then no it failed.
If the motive was to push me to do WvW then no it failed.
If the motive was to push me away from completing 3 dailies, then it succeded.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

… huh? Being rewarded more to do something makes you want to not do it?

And the motive was “Get more of the game’s gold to people just playing”.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There was mention of that somewhere. Might have been the AMA. They wanted people to have more gold but also avoid having that go mostly to the already rich players.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There is a lot of players where 2 g a day IS a lot. They haven’t learned the lessons on how to get the maximum value from the loot they get as well as how to save what little gold they have. They don’t realize that simply clear cutting and strip mining mid level zones and selling those mats can make a fair bit of coin. This is especially true with their first character.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

2 gold for dailies didn’t greatly change anything for me. But it made me happy to see Jumping Puzzles throw into the mix, with a couple coins to add.

Since I think it is right to see my own happiness as an objective of this game, I think the 2 gold worked very well.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Tweekin.1349

Tweekin.1349

I do it for the AP and the gold helps with my crafting materials. There are so many gold sinks in this game, I’m curious as to what kind of inflation happened with the introduction of the 2 gold. Seems to me like more spending power would be more beneficial to the market, it wasn’t anything extreme.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

This games economy was designed from the very start all those years ago to be broken and unfixable without the entire thing being taken down and all the items removed from the cash shop and recreated.

It was seen at the start of the game and nothing can be done without a complete overhau or rather a simple change.

The Auction House system is were the fault lies in this game because unlike the system that works in every other game Anet decided to change what wasn’t broken at all. There is no 12h, 24h, or 48h auction limits the whole point of an auction is that it isn’t eternal your buying time to try and sell your goods and in Gw2 once the listing price is paid that item stays up for an eternity people who have literally quit the game ages ago still have items on the auction house. Items which are set to the highest points of inflation the economy in this game doesn’t breath it’s not free and isn’t a real economy.

It will never right itself and the inflation will never stop until the missing basic function of every auction house real or otherwise is added to this game. That being your auction can actually fail to sell thus mailing the items back to you.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

… huh? Being rewarded more to do something makes you want to not do it?

And the motive was “Get more of the game’s gold to people just playing”.

The type of content required for reward changed, in case you didn’t notice.

If what you claim was the motive, which I doubt entirely, then no it didn’t work because it required MORE than in the past. It required doing content which I don’t do because I don’t enjoy it. The net result is significantly less gold from Dailies. Make it 20 gold and I still wont do content I don’t enjoy. There’s plenty I do enjoy.

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

This games economy was designed from the very start all those years ago to be broken and unfixable without the entire thing being taken down and all the items removed from the cash shop and recreated.

It was seen at the start of the game and nothing can be done without a complete overhau or rather a simple change.

The Auction House system is were the fault lies in this game because unlike the system that works in every other game Anet decided to change what wasn’t broken at all. There is no 12h, 24h, or 48h auction limits the whole point of an auction is that it isn’t eternal your buying time to try and sell your goods and in Gw2 once the listing price is paid that item stays up for an eternity people who have literally quit the game ages ago still have items on the auction house. Items which are set to the highest points of inflation the economy in this game doesn’t breath it’s not free and isn’t a real economy.

It will never right itself and the inflation will never stop until the missing basic function of every auction house real or otherwise is added to this game. That being your auction can actually fail to sell thus mailing the items back to you.

Oh! Because this really prevented inflation in all these other games. /s

What I don’t like is that there is no safe direct trade system, everything must go through the TP and the thousands of bots in there, but that’s a discussion for another topic.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There are no auction time limits because BLTP is a commodities exchange, not an auction house. Given the way RL economies work, this is more appropriate than an auction approach. As to items priced so high they remain on the TP, never selling … well, those have zero impact on item prices unless the supply of the item dries up. Not only is this unlikely, all it would mean is that that item now has a chance to sell.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Oh! Because this really prevented inflation in all these other games. /s

What I don’t like is that there is no safe direct trade system, everything must go through the TP and the thousands of bots in there, but that’s a discussion for another topic.

There will never be a “safe” direct trade method. That’s why there’s the TP. You know EXACTLY what you’re buying and getting. Player to player? You THINK you know what you’re getting.

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

It’s encouraged me to log on more.
I’ll check to see how ‘quick’ the PvE dailies are. If they’re quick, I’ll do them lol.

I’m a bit of a cheapskate, but in the past I’d be reluctant to do dailies that were in ‘far away’ places that incurred WP costs haha. This makes me more likely to do dailies that take place in ‘far’ places.

I’m currently keeping the level 80 booster as an instant teleport for Maguuma Wastes dailies… I’m that cheap.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

If by “work” you mean motivate me to do my dailies, then yes. I’d say so.
Also: Just reached my 10k AP. So thats nice

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

(edited by Squee.7829)