2 golds for daily is too much ! Its 730g/year

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

In a new patch we are getting reward of 2 golds for a daily achievements, it is too much in my opinion, with 2golds per day, just from achievements, its like 730g / year. With that big income of thousand players it could harm gw2 economy really hard.

What do you feel about that ?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Kinda meh on it personally. But I’m not an economy buff.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

2g is probably not enough to incentivize a large portion of people to focus on doing the new dailies unless they are currently saving up for something (although there will probably be a large number of “I hate you for making me do X, go back to the old dailies now” threads for a while).

Plus most people aren’t going to be doing them every single day.

This means that while the total potential new gold generation is pretty large, the actual generation rate will probably not be too high.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

And here i am finished dailies before patch ( didn;t got the 2g ;( ) but i think it’s a cool feature since people (some) have maxed out daily achievements they need a motivation to log in and keep doing those dailies.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It is a nice incentive to do dailies for people who got capped daily AP and have too many spirit shards already

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They can easily counteract it throughout the year by making temporary gold sinks for festivals and such. How much gold do you think left the system with SAB?

Posted by: Necromus.9276

Necromus.9276

In a new patch we are getting reward of 2 golds for a daily achievements, it is too much in my opinion, with 2golds per day, just from achievements, its like 730g / year. With that big income of thousand players it could harm gw2 economy really hard.

I feel if it is something Anet wants to do, then they should do it and people should quit finding reasons to complain about Anet giving stuff away. Seriously. The company tries to do something nice for people and all they get is grief from people like you. You actually think they didn’t consider the ramifications of how it would affect the economy before they put this into place?

“Building a wall is like fighting a war…”

Posted by: gaydog.1920

gaydog.1920

2g is not a lot (in todays gw2) and can be easily accuired any other way just as fast as these dailies

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

730g for logging in every day.

I am gutted about this, truly gutted

;)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

2g is probably not enough to incentivize a large portion of people to focus on doing the new dailies unless they are currently saving up for something (although there will probably be a large number of “I hate you for making me do X, go back to the old dailies now” threads for a while).

Plus most people aren’t going to be doing them every single day.

This means that while the total potential new gold generation is pretty large, the actual generation rate will probably not be too high.

This is my thinking,

My first reaction was “Wow, 2 gold a day!”, my second reaction was “Eh, I don’t really have time today, I’ll start of them tomorrow…if it fits in with what I’m doing”.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

2 gold is hardly anything. And you don’t get 2 gold for logging in. You have to do daily achievements.

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

And there have been things that have been done that have been made into gold sinks in some ways that has had no offset. This could be the way they are trying to remedy that.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

soooo it will take you 4 years of hoarding gold to make a Legendary…. 2 golds is ok

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have 4 accounts now. If I do the dailies on each and include the log in bonuses, that’s about 7000 gold a year, or ~578 gold a month.

Not bad.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Tell me this is sarcasm, please!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Doesn’t bother me a bit.

Posted by: Sisriana.2384

Sisriana.2384

Has to be sarcasm. But if 2g doesn’t motivate people to do daily nothing will. =p

#ThisRoseHasThorns
#LettuceLifeOP
#EloniaIsBae

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Got that in a month after HoT just farming flax. Can’t see the problem

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It is a nice incentive to do dailies for people who got capped daily AP and have too many spirit shards already

Yes, it is.

I wonder if it was originally designed to be 2g (if maxed) or 10 AP (if not) and someone realized that would … not be well received.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

So… wouldn’t this also mean that getting the 2g every day from Teq is also ruining the economy as well? The logic is simply astounding in this. Oh and not to mention the -les gasp- 5 gold you get from doing 8 unique dungeon paths, that’s simply going to break the system!

In other words, get over it.

Posted by: Lefteris.4786

Lefteris.4786

You are absolutely right it actually is 730g/year or even 7300g/decade and now that i come to think of it it’s 73000g/century this is a LOT of gold there this clearly needs to be nerfed

Safire.9143

You are absolutely right it actually is 730g/year or even 7300g/decade and now that i come to think of it it’s 73000g/century this is a LOT of gold there this clearly needs to be nerfed

no, but when there are lets say 100.000 active players playing every day and doing achievements, its 73mili gold / year, it is HUGE amount of gold and very big gold infation. But if you could think a little bit, you would come on it on your own

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I guess I’ll start doing the faster dailies on my secondary account, lol.

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

no, but when there are lets say 100.000 active players playing every day and doing achievements, its 73mili gold / year, it is HUGE amount of gold and very big gold infation. But if you could think a little bit, you would come on it on your own

Well if you want to go with that line, think about if 10.000 active players make every day 2000+ gold through TP while another 100.000 players make 200+ gold… I think there’s so much of this gold inflation as you said in the game that people getting another 2g just from the dailies really isn’t going to make that massive change into the numbers.
PS. Also like some people already said in this thread earlier on, Anet will make sure most of the excess gold will be sucked out with all the gold sinks that come with all the festivals etc. so don’t you worry your pretty lil’ head with all this gold inflation talk.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Don’t forget that the gold from doing dungeons was nerfed into oblivion, so the 2g a day, for those who bother with dailies, is a small increase, but still not back to pre-dungeon gold nerf levels.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Lefteris.4786

Lefteris.4786

no, but since you are pulling out numbers from where it seems you usually do, to explain to you how this works, it would take an amount of effort (from my part) that i have no desire to put in doing so. But if you could just wait a little bit to finish your elementary education, you would come at it on your own

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well if you want to go with that line, think about if 10.000 active players make every day 2000+ gold through TP while another 100.000 players make 200+ gold… I think there’s so much of this gold inflation as you said in the game that people getting another 2g just from the dailies really isn’t going to make that massive change into the numbers.

Minor note: The gold players make on the TP comes from other players. It’s not an inflation source because it’s not being generated by the TP.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

You can probably earn 2g in less time than it takes to do the dailies.

Celtic Lady.3729

Not the way I do dailies. lol

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Minor note: The gold players make on the TP comes from other players. It’s not an inflation source because it’s not being generated by the TP.

Ah true, thanks for correcting me on that. Though the point still remains that more than 100.000 players generate over 2g easily from elsewhere in the game without difficulty so gaining 2g from the dailies is not really as serious as the OP is making it to be.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I have 10 accounts now. so 20g per day. 600 per month..

~Not bad at all
Now I wonder whether I should do dungeons or daily

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Being we have an economy expert watching everything, I am sure that he was involved with the changes. If it was that big of a deal it wouldn’t have happened.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s not that big an incentive when you can get more gold in a shorter time farming something.

Of course, I don’t really get the motivation, unless they are starting to think about making content locked behind achievement points or something like that.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If Dungeon rewards were nerfed because they were a harmful source of inflation, then someone’s going to have to explain to me why this is a good idea.

Posted by: Banaghran.7510

Banaghran.7510

If 2g a day per account (roughly the amount people spend on nourishments an hour) threatens to break the economy then we have bigger problems…

Safire.9143

PS. Also like some people already said in this thread earlier on, Anet will make sure most of the excess gold will be sucked out with all the gold sinks that come with all the festivals etc. so don’t you worry your pretty lil’ head with all this gold inflation talk.

And you dont forgot to overthink your pretty lil head about that player to player trade throught trading post doesnt have an effect on an inflation and doesnt change anything about making golds and gold inflation.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I believe it’s impossible to have capped daily achieves. There hasn’t been enough time since release.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I believe it’s impossible to have capped daily achieves. There hasn’t been enough time since release.

I’ve been capped for like a year.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s usually about one thread a week over in the bug forum from someone who thinks they’re not getting AP from dailies because of a bug; it’s actually because they hit the cap. Lots of people have reached it.

Posted by: Anirri.4156

Anirri.4156

tbh i make 60-80 gold a day and that’s being lazy so no 2 gold wont harm the economy at all.

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

And you dont forgot to overthink your pretty lil head about that player to player trade throught trading post doesnt have an effect on an inflation and doesnt change anything about making golds and gold inflation.

Well seeing as someone before you corrected me on this already and you didn’t even deny the fact that players will make much more gold from other sources of the game easily is showing just how much you’re wanting to thrive this ‘discussion’ forward just with your own hyperbole as its base only. 2 gold from completing the daily meta will not cause massive gold inflation into the game, the end.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can earn 2g on my main in a variety of ways. The only thing I do on my alt account, however, is dailies. For many of those with second (or third etc) accounts, that’s an extra 2+g/day without any extra effort. More coin means more of us being willing to pay more for a variety of things, which is inflationary.

Will this matter enough given all the various sinks in the game now? Let’s also include the other faucets: restored dungeon rewards, new dungeon daily, increased event rewards (liquid, map, and other). Now how much pressure is there on overall prices to rise?

Since we don’t have the data that Probably John Smith has, so we can only speculate. While I would guess that Smith is satisfied this won’t be a problem, I find it hard to see why: he was concerned enough at HoT launch to ensure reductions in faucets. What changed that he’s ready for ANet to toss out extra gold now?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

tbh i make 60-80 gold a day and that’s being lazy so no 2 gold wont harm the economy at all.

If you don’t mind my asking, what’s your strategy?

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

Yes, it is.

I wonder if it was originally designed to be 2g (if maxed) or 10 AP (if not) and someone realized that would … not be well received.

+1

for all those other
yes you can get more gold by farming
but you get it from other players
by selling your stuff mostly
and even then it gets reduced by the listing fee a bit

but you are free to explain me how you great those amount OUT OF NOTHING (NOT BY SELLING STUFF)
because direct money out of nothing is limited to a view sources (teqatel daily, personal story and so on)

with this new 2 soucres (new daily 2g and “old” dungeon 5g )
you generate it out of nowear
similiar to the 5g from pvp league traks and the view silver between

i have nothing against it don t get me wrong
but that gold you have there is basicaly lose in value
you have more but you can buy less

i expect now for example trading post skins go bak up
and starting on its introduction on 100g again similar to pre dungeon nerf
sure it should take a view months
5-6 months ago was the nerf if i remember correct?
if we not get any new sinks
with ls3 and maybe finaly jeweler cook 500 or cultu armor t4
even scribing cost was reduced

so what what do you expect peopl do with the new gold gain?
yep sure skins maybe go up
we will see but i bought a view more skins
THE END? :P

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Maybe they want casual players who only have time to log in each day for the daily quests to have a chance to save up for legendary?

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

I think it’s called re-inflating the economy following the great HoT Crash.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s fine.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Still takes a week’s worth of dailies to buy 1 magumma lily.

If anyone thinks they are getting too much gold feel free to send your extra to me. I will make sure to dispose of it properly.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

..And when players prance around with their 730+ gold in their pockets shall they swiftly remember the foul sting of inflation at work – you cannot prance around with that Legendary so soon, child, for it now costs 10,000 gold.

Celtic Lady.3729

Even though it only takes me 3-5 minutes to complete my dailies, I still haven’t been doing them. The 2g is an incentive for me since I don’t really make a lot of gold each time I play. For me, this is a fabulous return on my time and will help me with some expenses I’m incurring right now making another legendary.