2 golds for daily is too much ! Its 730g/year

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Its fine. Rewards where nerfed to the ground only to counter a little percentage of heavy grinding farmers. Now rewards have been brought back to better times to facilitate a majority of casual players who will come back and populate the game again. Whats the problem? It was the whole long term progression endgame debacle (alias grind and elitism) that drove many players away since Hot.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The 2 gold per day plus cheap cultural armor in the WvW maps is EXACTLY the right incentive to get me to log on daily until I’ve unlocked every piece of cultural armor in the game. No inflation there – that money flows in and out of the system without ever passing through the Trading Post. Along the way I’ll likely make good strides towards collecting the WvW armor.

Well played, ANet.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i can’t believe people is complaining for being rewarded for something that take more time to do…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

730g/year isnt that much….

and im sure people will use it to good use on all the mats they wanted to buy for scribing,but didnt cause it was too expensive. and also on wood, wood prices went up. and then there would probbably be more gold sinks incoming such as the wintersday/haloween shoulder auras.

Maybe people will donate more to ho-ho tron for wintersday this year as well

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I don’t expect it to cause any inflation. We were probably on a deflationary economy which needed some fix.

Posted by: McKelly.6317

McKelly.6317

I think it’s good. I can save a bit faster for the T3 cultural armour sets. As another person wrote, festivals like SAB and other non-TP items will sink some of the gold.

Isle of Janthir
Cirilaa – Druid, Galaxy Idol Tetora – Mesmer, Aintno Hoelbrakgirl – Guardian

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

In a new patch we are getting reward of 2 golds for a daily achievements, it is too much in my opinion, with 2golds per day, just from achievements, its like 730g / year. With that big income of thousand players it could harm gw2 economy really hard.

What do you feel about that ?

Cant tell if this is a troll post or serious. You DO REALIZE that if you do TT and Teq once a day, you ALREADY get 2g a day.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It’s reapportionment – the new reward puts a lot of coin into the system but it spreads it very, very thin… With the vast preponderance of it going to the casuals who only log on for 30-40 minutes a day.

Personally I think it’s going to give a lot of those casuals hope. It lets them chase some of the games fixed prices like 100 ice runestones in a length of time that’s tolerable to them and good for ANet’s log in numbers.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

All MMOs suffer from inflation as they all have an infinite money supply, and games like GW2 with a gem store that effectively converts real money into in game gold makes it worse.
Money sinks required to take gold out of the economy only work if they are non discressionary, ie cant be avoided, and the only one that I can think of is repair costs,and maybe waypoint costs.
All others are avoidable.
Would be good to know what the real inflation rate is .

Posted by: Banaghran.7510

Banaghran.7510

All MMOs suffer from inflation as they all have an infinite money supply, and games like GW2 with a gem store that effectively converts real money into in game gold makes it worse.
Money sinks required to take gold out of the economy only work if they are non discressionary, ie cant be avoided, and the only one that I can think of is repair costs,and maybe waypoint costs.
All others are avoidable.
Would be good to know what the real inflation rate is .

Punishing players for actually playing the game instead of making them waste resources on their own terms is soooo 2006…

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

While an interesting addition I can’t see any way that this coupled with more gold from dungeons won’t lead to inflation. The guild hall material sinks are unchanged, the crafting material sinks are unchanged, but more gold to buy them and push up the prices. Ah well.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Dude, you use to be able to get that from a single dungeon path. 2g is nothing.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

According to Anet response from AMA, this is meant as one of the means to help the more casual players. Most of the liquid rewards it seems are generated by relatively small number of players (and it’s also those players that are setting the prices for the more costly goods). For them 2g more per day don’t change anything really. On the other hand, people that do not farm are going to be helped by that boost.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

2G for me is quite a bit, i don’t grind at all and luck smiles the other way for me…..

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

always that one who wants to ruin it for everyone.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

The only thing that is too much is the cost of ascended gear so stop spitting on dev’s decisions. 2g/days are very welcome for casuals and it’s not like it’s given for free by just logging.

Posted by: WeedyZeGreedy.8635

WeedyZeGreedy.8635

I don’t see this as a problem. It’s about the same as the old cof p1 and that usually took less than dailies

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

In a new patch we are getting reward of 2 golds for a daily achievements, it is too much in my opinion, with 2golds per day, just from achievements, its like 730g / year. With that big income of thousand players it could harm gw2 economy really hard.

What do you feel about that ?

ya? 2g for 30 minutes of work… you know what I make in 30 mins playing the market? 60g… sure it’s not generating new gold but there’s so many gold sinks in the game it doesn’t matter.

Posted by: setius.3498

setius.3498

Please stop crying about every little thing another player gets, people.

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

The 2 gold per day plus cheap cultural armor in the WvW maps is EXACTLY the right incentive to get me to log on daily until I’ve unlocked every piece of cultural armor in the game. No inflation there – that money flows in and out of the system without ever passing through the Trading Post. Along the way I’ll likely make good strides towards collecting the WvW armor.

Well played, ANet.

100% agreed
thy Anet

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Minor note: The gold players make on the TP comes from other players. It’s not an inflation source because it’s not being generated by the TP.

More gold because of any reason it is an inflation source. That is what more currency in the system means.

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

2g a day, 730g a year if logging on and actually doing dailies daily is too much? I am unsure whether or not this is a troll post. Things that are worth their cost are extremely expensive in GW2 now. Prices on the TP continuously keep going up. I will never own 1000g folks. Neither will the vast majority of people playing the game casually.

And those who know how to make gold have thousands laying around and probably won’t even bother getting 2g through dailies because there are way faster and easier ways to make gold in GW2 if you want to.

No. Not too much. Not enough if you ask me. Looking at current TP prices I would be happy with 5g a day to be honest.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am wondering if the dailies were less popular last night though? Not only did they add minidungeons but if you bought HOT rather than queensdale events you had to do tangled depths ones? I do my dailies in PVE and because of those two things it took me an extra hour (partly because I have not mapped TD).

Posted by: Connor Obrian.8420

Connor Obrian.8420

It might be a bit risky, but it’s a logical step for ArenaNet. If you were not into achievement points, you had not many reasons to fulfill the dailies. Neither were their rewards impressing, nor were the dailies engaging.

Now their is a nicer reward for a daily login, potentially making more players to do them. Furthermore, there are new ones and new categories. This could result into a potentially healthier playerbase. There is a remarkable chance that when you have logined once, you will continue playing other content after the dailies.

No. Not too much. Not enough if you ask me. Looking at current TP prices I would be happy with 5g a day to be honest.

Some people are worried because additional liquid gold could trigger inflation, when ArenaNet is not careful.
The infamous dungeon nerf was enacted exactly out of this reason. ArenaNet stated that the liquid gold of the dungeon rewards created too much inflation, decreasing the value of GW2’s currency.

Nonetheless, it seems that they have changed their minds

(edited by Connor Obrian.8420)

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

According to Anet response from AMA, this is meant as one of the means to help the more casual players. Most of the liquid rewards it seems are generated by relatively small number of players (and it’s also those players that are setting the prices for the more costly goods). For them 2g more per day don’t change anything really. On the other hand, people that do not farm are going to be helped by that boost.

^This

Here’s the quote:

Daily completion now giving 2g – We felt we had some room for increasing player income without risking major problems but we will continue to monitor the situation. Most wealth in the game is generated by people who are very proficient at generating wealth. They can bid a lot for what they want, because they have a lot of gold, and that process drives inflation. Meanwhile the broader player base is just getting by. So we keep a close eye on how much gold can be generated from extreme farming, but at the same time try to provide a decent income to normal players.

So this is something that has been known for a long time. Those with the means will set the prices. Those prices in turn provide incentive for others to acquire more gold.

That aside imo unless the wealth gap is addressed …ie enforcing some sort of cap on the high end, nothing will change as all the new wealth will funnel to them anyhow only reinforcing the status quo.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The infamous dungeon nerf was enacted exactly out of this reason. ArenaNet stated that the liquid gold of the dungeon rewards created too much inflation, decreasing the value of GW2’s currency.

No, actually they didn’t. Their stated intention wasn’t to stop the influx of liquid wealth, but to stop players from playing dungeons.

That aside imo unless the wealth gap is addressed …ie enforcing some sort of cap on the high end, nothing will change as all the new wealth will funnel to them anyhow only reinforcing the status quo.

Not quite. Yes, part of that wealth will eventually end up in the hands of those already wealthy, but not every wealthy person is a TP baron. In fact, likely only minority of them are – rest are just efficient at farming and getting gold out of the game. Introducing systems where everyone can get some gold easily, that cannot be farmed (easily reachable time-based cap) does help to shrink the gap a little bit.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Two gold means very little these days, not sure why this would bother anyone.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I have an idea if you don’t want the 2 gold delete it or donate it to your guild.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

..And when players prance around with their 730+ gold in their pockets shall they swiftly remember the foul sting of inflation at work – you cannot prance around with that Legendary so soon, child, for it now costs 10,000 gold.

What he said except more elegantly than I would have. Economics will take over and prices will inflate if there is an overabundance of gold thrust into the system over time compared to prices. It’ll all even itself out over time. Kind of like raising minimum wage to $15/hour…. people who work at McDonalds thinks it’ll help them buy more stuff lol.

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

Economics will take over and prices will inflate if there is an overabundance of gold thrust into the system over time compared to prices. […] Kind of like raising minimum wage to $15/hour…. people who work at McDonalds thinks it’ll help them buy more stuff lol.

The minimum wage part of your post is pure bullkitten. These 15$ are not created out of thin air (like the 2g for dailies for example), they are substracted somewhere else from the companies income, so they don’t cause inflation at all. It’s just that a part of the wealth is shifted elsewhere.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Economics will take over and prices will inflate if there is an overabundance of gold thrust into the system over time compared to prices. […] Kind of like raising minimum wage to $15/hour…. people who work at McDonalds thinks it’ll help them buy more stuff lol.

The minimum wage part of your post is pure bullkitten. These 15$ are not created out of thin air (like the 2g for dailies for example), they are substracted somewhere else from the companies income, so they don’t cause inflation at all. It’s just that a part of the wealth is shifted elsewhere.

By subtracting $15 from the company’s income, you force them to raise prices. Because they are raising prices, everything costs more. Because everything costs more, those making the minimum wage see either a reduction in purchasing power, or at lease no net gain in purchasing power (because $15 buys less than it used to, they do not actually benefit from getting $15). Plus all the people who were making MORE than $15 also get to pay higher prices now but didn’t get a raise so they lost purchasing power.

It’s a similar effect as inflation, but it isn’t dependent upon currency supply but rather purchasing power.

Server: Devona’s Rest

(edited by mtpelion.4562)

Posted by: EsarioTwo.9251

EsarioTwo.9251

I’m just about positive that they had to run this by John Smith, and if he okays it, it’s fine.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

How dare they make it so people can earn money by playing the game and not having to farm for materials in silver wastes to sell on the trading post! This is just asinine! Making money in a game shouldn’t be fun, it should be hard and require grueling and mind numbing pu boring grind!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

mtpelion.4562

How dare they make it so people can earn money by playing the game and not having to farm for materials in silver wastes to sell on the trading post! This is just asinine! Making money in a game shouldn’t be fun, it should be hard and require grueling and mind numbing pu boring grind!

Making money has to be balanced around a healthy game economy or else the game becomes unplayable.

It is definitely a legitimate concern for people who understand this, however I don’t think this will cause a problem (and clearly John Smith doesn’t think so either or else it wouldn’t have been added to the game).

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

The 2 gold is fine and it did what it was suppose to do, create interest in the dailies. I know people that haven’t done them in a while be interested in doing them. +1 on this one.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Making money has to be balanced around a healthy game economy or else the game becomes unplayable.

It is definitely a legitimate concern for people who understand this, however I don’t think this will cause a problem (and clearly John Smith doesn’t think so either or else it wouldn’t have been added to the game).

I agree, wow I never expected those two words to come out of my mouth. But since HoT inception, there have be a lot of gold and crafting sinks added to the game, in addition to changes in crafting recipes. While they did try to divide this stuff out among fractals, people were more interested in dungeons, and to get decent rewards from fractals, you needed masteries and agony resistance, another thing which was a gold sink or investment barrier however ya wanna look at it.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Dav.9152

Dav.9152

With the vast preponderance of it going to the casuals who only log on for 30-40 minutes a day.

Personally I think it’s going to give a lot of those casuals hope. It lets them chase some of the games fixed prices like 100 ice runestones in a length of time that’s tolerable to them and good for ANet’s log in numbers.

Yep, this describes me right here. I chip away a little bit each day and have a few ascended pieces, but legendaries are way out of reach. A little more coin will help continue that feeling of progress on equipping my characters without being so dismally slow.

Live, learn, level up.

AzureSky.3175

By subtracting $15 from the company’s income, you force them to raise prices.

Let’s say someone works for 10$/hour but now suddenly gets paid a minimum wage of 15$/hour. His earnings have increased by 50%.
If everyone in all companies would earn 50% more money, the companies would need to make 50% more income to compensate and be forced to increase prices by 50%, so the people working at minimum wage basically wouldn’t gain anything.
But that’s not the case. Not everyone earns more, but only those working for minimum wage now, so the companies will never need to raise prices at the same rate that these people’s earnings increased. The raise in price if far, far lower, and thus people getting a minimum wage of 15$/hour do definitely get a net gain in purchasing power.
Your logic is off.

mtpelion.4562

By subtracting $15 from the company’s income, you force them to raise prices.

Let’s say someone works for 10$/hour but now suddenly gets paid a minimum wage of 15$/hour. His earnings have increased by 50%.
If everyone in all companies would earn 50% more money, the companies would need to make 50% more income to compensate and be forced to increase prices by 50%, so the people working at minimum wage basically wouldn’t gain anything.
But that’s not the case. Not everyone earns more, but only those working for minimum wage, so the companies will never need to raise prices at the same rate that these people’s earnings increased. The raise in price if far, far lower, and thus people getting a minimum wage of 15$/hour do definitely get a net gain in purchasing power.
Your logic is off.

Minimum wage jobs are typically at places with low/non-existent profit margins that need lots of employees of any skill level rather than a few good employees. These places tend to be in agriculture (which every living person needs), manufacturing (which every living person uses), and retail (which every living person uses). Because the basic necessities of life are the things that wind up being more expensive, overall purchasing power is reduced.

If Ferrari was paying a minimum wage and had to increase it, you’d be right since the vast majority of people will never buy one (or probably even see one) so the higher prices don’t impact them. Because food and consumer goods are directly increased by a higher minimum wage, all consumers see a reduction in purchasing power.

Also, we are kind of going off topic here…

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

Today I learned that killing Tequatl daily is a lot of gold too!

Posted by: SadKeanu.3491

SadKeanu.3491

LOL this thread… complaining for getting more gold. sigh

twitch.tv/sadkeanu69
streaming weeknights after 6PM EST

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Old CoF speed run was 2 gold and some change for like 4 minutes of play. I don’t see how this is different.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

AzureSky.3175

Minimum wage jobs are typically at places with low/non-existent profit margins that need lots of employees of any skill level rather than a few good employees. These places tend to be in agriculture (which every living person needs), manufacturing (which every living person uses), and retail (which every living person uses). Because the basic necessities of life are the things that wind up being more expensive, overall purchasing power is reduced.

This is all totally correct except for the last sentence. The requirement for low-income earners to not gain purchasing power from a minimum wage would be that all the things they ever buy are from non-profit companies that exclusively consist of minimum wage workers. Which is not reality. Minimum wages will never make prices rise at the same rate that low-income earners wages rise because of it.
What is true however is that everyone else’s purchasing power decreases in the process (since they don’t get any extra money to compensate for the higher prices). Increases and decreases even each other out, “overall purchasing power” is +-0 (it is not reduced). The low-income earners usually are in the minority though, so they will feel their increase in purchasing power stronger than everyone else feels their decrease in purchasing power.

But yeah, you’re right, we’re really a little off-topic :V

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

Lol OP lol. Okay chicken little, settle down. It’s 2g. For doing things in game. So tense, pass me some of those black diamonds your passing out your kitten .

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

Couple of TP flips and 700g is earned in mere hours.

Economy is fubar no matter if 2g/dailes or 5g/dungeons.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes, this appears to be it. After I posted (above), I found _ProbablyJohnSmith_’s response and I interpret his remarks as:

• The 1% are efficient at earning gold, liquid or from converting assets.
  • The 90% needed something to help balance this.

So yes, it’s inflationary for the market as a whole, but in a way that benefits the majority of players at the expense of the few. I can live with that.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

LOL this thread… complaining for getting more gold. sigh

its more complaining that other people will have more gold than normal, and… well we can’t have other people able to buy stuff too, that’d be… terrible?

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Whoa! This is not more gold through just playing the game.

This is straight up paying us to play their HoT content.

Gotta say I didn’t expect that. I though they might try to explain more about how HoT works. Where and when events happen there and how to find them.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Whoa! This is not more gold through just playing the game.

This is straight up paying us to play their HoT content.

Except you get 2g even if you don’t own HoT, and only one of the dailies given per day will be HoT dailies (and will only show up if you own HoT).

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

This is just updating the daily rewards to match the current situation. 2g is really not what it once was and you can earn that in many areas of the game doing tasks that are even easier than dailies. If you did 50 days worth of dailies, you’d be able to craft one piece of ascended armor— almost.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)