2 golds for daily is too much ! Its 730g/year

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I have 4 accounts now. If I do the dailies on each and include the log in bonuses, that’s about 7000 gold a year, or ~578 gold a month.

Not bad.

Four accounts. o-O
That’s hours of GW2 every day to get that money. I can say you’ve earned it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Certainly not going to complain about some extra gold in my pocket, but it reading that in the patch notes did have me concerned that J.Smith got beaned in the head and locked in a closet. I hope he’s okay.

I have to wonder what impact the dungeon switch is going to have. Is that achievement once per day or just continuous? A 5-gold bonus on a set of dungeons that’s just going to be speed-run is going to faucet a lot of gold into a smaller number of hands.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Certainly not going to complain about some extra gold in my pocket, but it reading that in the patch notes did have me concerned that J.Smith got beaned in the head and locked in a closet. I hope he’s okay.

I have to wonder what impact the dungeon switch is going to have. Is that achievement once per day or just continuous? A 5-gold bonus on a set of dungeons that’s just going to be speed-run is going to faucet a lot of gold into a smaller number of hands.

I don’t, Smith an stay in that closet for the rest of entirnety. Hate what he did.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Banaghran.7510

Banaghran.7510

Minimum wage jobs are typically at places with low/non-existent profit margins that need lots of employees of any skill level rather than a few good employees. These places tend to be in agriculture (which every living person needs), manufacturing (which every living person uses), and retail (which every living person uses). Because the basic necessities of life are the things that wind up being more expensive, overall purchasing power is reduced.

This is all totally correct except for the last sentence. The requirement for low-income earners to not gain purchasing power from a minimum wage would be that all the things they ever buy are from non-profit companies that exclusively consist of minimum wage workers. Which is not reality. Minimum wages will never make prices rise at the same rate that low-income earners wages rise because of it.
What is true however is that everyone else’s purchasing power decreases in the process (since they don’t get any extra money to compensate for the higher prices). Increases and decreases even each other out, “overall purchasing power” is +-0 (it is not reduced). The low-income earners usually are in the minority though, so they will feel their increase in purchasing power stronger than everyone else feels their decrease in purchasing power.

But yeah, you’re right, we’re really a little off-topic :V

Makes one really appreaciate the saying that for economists the real world is an exception

Off the bat we are wildly assuming that the current system is somehow a equilibrium of some sorts, which it isnt, it is already skewed by factors like unemployment (if there was a lack of workforce, companies would pay more) or profit expectations and shareholder confidence (a company may opt to fire people instead of reduction of profits just to appease the stock joint, err market)…

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

To much easy gold has been added in this patch. Anet caved in and gave players what they want.RIP guild wars 2 economy

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

To much easy gold has been added in this patch. Anet caved in and gave players what they want.RIP guild wars 2 economy

I expect they’ll be able to make adjustments as needed.

ANet ProbablyJohnSmith
We felt we had some room for increasing player income without risking major problems. That said, we’ll keep a close eye on the progression over time, there are lots of options for fixing imbalances if they’re needed.

Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet
Of course we’re also adding gold back to dungeons today, with the new repeatable achievement. But I’ll directly tackle your question. Most wealth in the game is generated by people who are very proficient at generating wealth. They can bid a lot for what they want, because they have a lot of gold, and that process drives inflation. Meanwhile the broader player base is just getting by. So we keep a close eye on how much gold can be generated from extreme farming, but at the same time try to provide a decent income to normal players.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Rio.4259

Rio.4259

And here I was busting my butt for 15 minutes chopping some elderwood for that much. Darn these new players getting everything for free, by doing an achievement every day for a year.

(edited by Rio.4259)