2 hour wait for a Hero Point

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Taidha Covington. On the Island of Laughing Gull this is an event you have to wait a possible Two Hours before you can get in to get a Hero Point and POI. This has been a long time coming but it is absurd that one should have to wait for an event to do this. Sadly if you do not end up in a map that doesn’t even get the gate down you are out of luck for a long while. There is an event here that seems to help with this a bit with Risen overthrowing the place but I have rarely seen it.

How is it that this one Hero Point and the POI near it have not been placed elsewhere? It seems asinine to have to wait to finish map completion due to a time gate.

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Wait until you get to the Heart of Thorns areas.

Posted by: Lightbringer.5860

Lightbringer.5860

Can’t you just jump the wall in the back? Been a while since I went for those, but I think I remember doing that.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Can’t you just jump the wall in the back? Been a while since I went for those, but I think I remember doing that.

Pretty sure you can hop in ya.

PlagueParade.7942

I have not had any problems with Heart of Thorns maps all of them I have been able to get bypass places with gliding or simply finding a different route to finish map comp. I have finished them 3 times at least.

No, you get ported as soon as you get to a certain point. And, honestly I think that this would be an easy fix of just removing that port. to get around it.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Pretty sure Balthazar hero point is gated.

PlagueParade.7942

True, now that I think about it, Balthazar HP in HoT is gated but it is still no where near a 2 hour wait to get it done.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You don’t need to wait. Just go around back. There’s only a small window when you can’t get to it which is right before the event starts.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There are zones that will teleport you back, but you can avoid them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

PlagueParade.7942

Well, you gotta show me where then, because I have never found it. And that “Small window” where you cannot get in is 2 hours long. Atm I have been waiting here trying to get through it for the past hour.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Don’t you ever trying jumping fences/walls/etc. and going where others don’t, off the beaten trail? This should not even be a thread.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Taidha is on the World Boss timer, so why would one need to just sit there and wait? The information of when the event occurs is readily available; one could do other things whilst ‘waiting’, I believe.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_Admiral_Taidha_Covington

Good luck.

PlagueParade.7942

@CMM, Yes I do, guess what this particular event has a port that is surrounding the entire area. So this is a no go. If you do not believe me give it a shot. And if you show me the way around it (not just simply be there saying use a port to friend) but actually show me how to get around it then I’ll take back my words and look more like a fool than I already do.

@Inculpatus cedo you’re right I could do other things and I am but that doesn’t make up for the fact that I have to wait 2 hours for an event. Not everyone has that kind of time or perhaps this is all they have to do in order to finish getting their gift of exploration, etc.

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I thought you could just jump on the wooden beam and go in without the event to get access into the area for the HP and PoI

PlagueParade.7942

Not that I am aware of, every time I try from any angle to get to that ship I get ported out.

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

Having 10 world completions I have to say I’ve never come across this problem. And I don’t time when I go there. The window isn’t 2 hours long. Only when the event UI says “The Lionguard are preparing to attack Laughing Gull Island and Taidha Covington” is the area inaccessible, and that is not the majority of the time when Taidha is down. If this area was inaccessible most of the time, like you suggest, you’d think more people would run into this problem, or that going there randomly 10 times you would find it inaccessible at least a few times.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Aren’t all World Bosses on 2 (or more) hour timers?

CMM.6712

The point is 2 fold. There is a way to get them without the event, many others have done it and continue to do so. Needing to wait for a timer for x to happen is part of the game, no matter where that event falls in line with ones map completion for a character.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I literally just hoped on and got the POI and Hero Challenge in there. I can show you how I got to it and I’m on my mesmer currently and I’m willing to port if following me proves difficult.

Edit: However, it may now not be possible since the map has moved to the period where the area is inaccessible.

Ayrilana.1396

Well, you gotta show me where then, because I have never found it. And that “Small window” where you cannot get in is 2 hours long. Atm I have been waiting here trying to get through it for the past hour.

It is not two hours long. It’s more like 10 minutes. As long as the ramp isn’t up in the compound then you can get to the HP.

PlagueParade.7942

I have never seen it link me a video of someone getting around it. Needing to wait for an event to happen to get through something sure I can accept that for maybe 30min – 1hr but an event that if it fails you have to wait another possible 2 hours to do is preposterous.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I have never seen it link me a video of someone getting around it. Needing to wait for an event to happen to get through something sure I can accept that for maybe 30min – 1hr but an event that if it fails you have to wait another possible 2 hours to do is preposterous.

I literally just did it. I did it on a character that had not gotten the POI or the Hero Challenge (I literally ran her down from LA, she had never stepped into Bloodtide Coast before today).

It’s possible to do it after the event is over.

Ayrilana.1396

Just explore around that island. Start from the WP and go west.

CMM.6712

Just explore around that island. Start from the WP and go west.

Or walk up a ridge or jump a fence or somethin

PlagueParade.7942

Thank you Ayrilana. With that tiny clue, I went west going around to the smallish “mountainside” north of the words Laughing Gull Island. Had to go from one hill to a small ledge that allowed me to jump further onto the mountaintop. From there I glided to the ship w/o being ported and was able to get both the POI and HP. Once again thanks Ayrilana.