2 karma and 1 copper

2 karma and 1 copper

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mykx.9562

mykx.9562

I was playing the 1-15 area for the norn last night completing hearts and the DEs when ever they came up around me. I get to the lvl 6 heart and a DE comes up near me so I run over to do it and get reward with 2 karma and 1 copper. So now I’m like ???
I know they have that anti farming code but i wasn’t farming DEs at all, in a lvl 1-15 zone that is not so smart. How many DEs can one do before before the game starts auto nerfing the rewards? I was having fun playing the game but decided to stop to let the anti farm code or whatever reset. Anet dont punish players for taking part in the DEs when they come up, you want ppl to play your game or no? I post a pic to show (one of those darn kids got me with snow ball just so you know lol)

Attachments:

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: AsianGForce.7896

AsianGForce.7896

This is a good example of why a large portion of people are raging. If you do x amount of DE’s quickly enough even if you are not farming it slaps you like that. For those who in the end have to farm Karma this is annoying even with changing maps. Just note when you get to 80 all the ways to make bank are gone, you sir are gonna bleed money.

To Die in battle would be a good death~

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

LOL nice.
XD

That sucks bro

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Feranor.2053

Feranor.2053

AN/NCSoft doesn’t want you to farm anything so that you’re more likely to spend actual money buying gold and other stuff from their cash shop.

Same reason why Explorables are impossibly hard. More gold sinks means more profits for AN/NCSoft.

Wie willst du aufrecht leben, wenn du weißt, dass es nicht lohnt?
— ASP, “Tiefenrausch”

2 karma and 1 copper

AsianGForce.7896

Which is funny if you watch the Guild Wars 2 Manifesto they clearly state they didn’t want this game to be a grind and yet they have turned it into a horrible uphill fight for everyone, hardcore or casual once you hit 80 you are boned.

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: mechasauce.1309

mechasauce.1309

ahhh my eyes are stinging from the ultra low graphics settings…

@feranor – I have found the ultimate cynic!….ow wait…thats just the attitude of half the forum posters…my bad

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Which is funny if you watch the Guild Wars 2 Manifesto they clearly state they didn’t want this game to be a grind and yet they have turned it into a horrible uphill fight for everyone, hardcore or casual once you hit 80 you are boned.

Yup yup so enjoy your time from 1 – 79 lol

What a horrible system.

2 karma and 1 copper

mykx.9562

This is a good example of why a large portion of people are raging. If you do x amount of DE’s quickly enough even if you are not farming it slaps you like that. For those who in the end have to farm Karma this is annoying even with changing maps. Just note when you get to 80 all the ways to make bank are gone, you sir are gonna bleed money.

I dont understand, I go around the map just playing normally doing the events that come while exploring. I explore alot you know trying to find jumping puzzles and hidden treasures and I help out with the DEs when come up. They should not nerf karma rewards at all imo bcz its what you get for helping out in the game.

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Vircomore.4586

Vircomore.4586

Before all of the GW2-naysayers tell you that the game is out to “get you” – this was likely a bugged DE and you may want to file a bug report with the name of the Event and the time you did it.

Granted – you are level 8 – you won’t be given much more than 20 karma and 20 copper for completing a DE at level 8.

As a level 80, I earn 243 karma and 1s 48c for every DE I do.

2 karma and 1 copper

AsianGForce.7896

@Vircomre

You should be earning a hundred more unless your in low level area. I wasn’t telling him the game was out to get him, just the devs. But I will say this, I enjoy the game, I enjoy chatting with friends and running around doing DE but the goldsinks for endgame are freaking nuts.

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: KingTaro.6125

KingTaro.6125

I didn’t know that!
It’s actually a bad way to prevent people from farming.

If the company doesn’t want you to farm, they should do it by offering better and more enjoyable ways to get the stuff you’re willing to farm for. And not by punishing you.

I see a few people saying that at level 80, you’re “doomed”.

… Just note when you get to 80 all the ways to make bank are gone…

… once you hit 80 you are boned….

Yup yup so enjoy your time from 1 – 79 lol
….

I don’t quite understand what AsianGForce meant by “all the ways to make bank”.
You get a huge penalty on the rewards from the DE at level 80? Or no rewards at all?

Thanks in advance.

2 karma and 1 copper

mykx.9562

Before all of the GW2-naysayers tell you that the game is out to “get you” – this was likely a bugged DE and you may want to file a bug report with the name of the Event and the time you did it.

Granted – you are level 8 – you won’t be given much more than 20 karma and 20 copper for completing a DE at level 8.

No I usually 50 karma thats why I was so shocked for only getting 2 karma and I did event before to test if bugged.

2 karma and 1 copper

AsianGForce.7896

@KingTaro

I have hit the DE wall but I didn’t ride it out to see how low I can go, I was farming Orr’s Cursed Shores, wp when needed. After I would say an hour I instantly went from making a little over 370 something with Karma boosts I hit 200flat. I realized I hit the wall and zoned. I also have my gear set to farming items, with over 100% magic find I also hit the drop wall, and started not getting anything or getting junk.

I tend to just enjoy my music and run around the map and getting smacked down by the hand of god is really frustrating. I don’t know how low you can go but I imagine its probably zero anything.

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Feranor.2053

Feranor.2053

I don’t quite understand what AsianGForce meant by “all the ways to make bank”.
You get a huge penalty on the rewards from the DE at level 80? Or no rewards at all?
Thanks in advance.

The gold sinks don’t really kick in until you’re nearing max level. Aside from those books you need to unlock traits, you’re not really spending any gold while leveling up. At, 80 everything becomes different:

• Explorable dungeons are expensive. They’re designed so that you die a lot, resulting in huge repair bills.
  • Crafting is expensive. A lot of the materials needed to make stuff have to bought from NPCs.
  • WvW is expensive. Siege equipment, keep upgrades etc. cost huge sums of money.
  • Getting gear is expensive. In order to get Exotic gear for my necro, I need to farm ~170k Karma and spend ~30g on random drops, since the type of gear I need cannot be crafted, either.
  • Waypoints are expensive. And just walking is not exactly easy in the two LvL 80 zones, since almost every single mob their spams CC on you (snare, root, knockback, Death Grip, stun, daze, …)
Wie willst du aufrecht leben, wenn du weißt, dass es nicht lohnt?
— ASP, “Tiefenrausch”

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Freakiie.8940

Freakiie.8940

The antifarming code in this game is just retarted. Seriously retarted.

Once you trigger it on certain mobs, you won’t get drops for DAYS. I did Lyssa event today (the one with the 3 events around the temple). I did it a few days ago as well and spent quite some time at the cannon since that can take ages with the NPCs not feeling like repairing the cannon.

So I was at the cannon today again and I got like 3 drops throughout the ENTIRE event. Wtf?! No it was not bad luck. I got 100%+ MF and when we finally finished and I went on to the next event (which I hadn’t done the last time) mobs were dropping like crazy again.

Seriously, I’m not allowed to farm the same group of mobs more than once every few days? Wtf kinda bullcrap is that?!

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Cubanito.8725

Cubanito.8725

@ Freakiie
Do you understand how the drop system in this game works?

If not I would advise you to read the gw2 wiki page on it because it seemed to me that it was just a case of you not putting out enough damage on some of the kills during the first event due to the damage output of others.

You must also understand that there is some randomness in drops.
i have over 100% MF as well and i have gone a couple events without getting any yellows, then all of the sudden i get 2 rares in one wave.
One must account for randomness as well.

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Freakiie.8940

Freakiie.8940

@ Freakiie
Do you understand how the drop system in this game works?

If not I would advise you to read the gw2 wiki page on it because it seemed to me that it was just a case of you not putting out enough damage on some of the kills during the first event due to the damage output of others.

You must also understand that there is some randomness in drops.
i have over 100% MF as well and i have gone a couple events without getting any yellows, then all of the sudden i get 2 rares in one wave.
One must account for randomness as well.

Didn’t get any yellows? Lol. I got NOTHING. Just some of those trophy bones that sell for like 16c.

And yes I do know how the loot system works. Also I’m an Ele and was using my staff, I tagged more than enough monsters, but simply didn’t get any drops. You know what’s even better? Last time I was there, there were like twice the people. Yet with twice the people I get a drop from every second mob, with half the people I can count the amount of drops I got on one hand.

But yeah, typical. It’s not something wrong with the game, but you need to L2P!!! Why does that seem to be the response to everything…

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Deith.7596

Deith.7596

Just do other things, there are tons of stuff to do, this is supposed to be about having fun not about farming karma. Come on! Give them some credit!

/sarcasm off

None of good stories starts with “I was drinking my milk when suddenly…”

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Just do other things, there are tons of stuff to do, this is supposed to be about having fun not about farming karma. Come on! Give them some credit!

/sarcasm off

Supposed to be, being rewarded (with karma) for doing w/e you find fun as opposed to trying to hard-grind events for karma. But if it’s punishing those for not purposefully grinding and just having fun then it doesn’t really work imo.

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

AN/NCSoft doesn’t want you to farm anything so that you’re more likely to spend actual money buying gold and other stuff from their cash shop.

Same reason why Explorables are impossibly hard. More gold sinks means more profits for AN/NCSoft.

Careful i was infracted yesterday by a moderater for saying the exact same thing.

2 karma and 1 copper

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

Thats really low. Must not be in orr yet. Cause i get 378Karma a de and 18k xp