2 yrs+...Guild vs Guild, will it happen?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

GW1 came out and have GvG’s already built in the game, i mean GUILD WARS, its in the name of the game, so why 2 yrs after GW2 was released still no sign of LEGIT GvG’s, i mean for all you GW1 veterans in here, remember those announcements on who just won the Hall of Heroes, ever watched those top GvG battles between War Machine(not the same as they are in gw2) and The Last Pride, and all the other Top notched GvG guilds who have gone to tournaments….

Ok i guess the 5v5 pvp battles are getting the attention and cash money prizes right now but i personally miss those GvG’s where its not a person that you know is the best but the guild itself.

For all the wvw players who have been playing since release have you ever wondered who the best guild is….i always wondered how good RG was a year ago, but never fought against them, some websites have ranks on lists of GvG guilds but It would be really nice to find out who is the best….

I dont want to find out about it in a map where troll players can just join in for the kills, I want to see it in a balanced PVP map like they did in GW1 where you observe the match while it is happening but you CAN NEVER troll it. So if people say its 15v15, you wont see 2-3 invisible people join in after fight starts, since it is a PVP map, or those bloodlust stack LOL.

The PVP map Legacy of Foefire is a prime example of a possible GvG map…..if only it was a tad bit BIGGER, so that it would be harder/take more time to just kill the Guild Lord…..but hey im just reminiscing the GW1 days and wondering why guild wars 2 was named guild wars when guild vs guild arent event a legitimate part of the game.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Name from the guild war before GW1 started as for GvG there are in the game its just player made in open pvp maps not in spvp closed maps. That the question you must ask your self do you like closed pvp or open pvp? Closed pvp where there are stander gear sets runes etc… so no one can be better BUT there no real uniqueness to what your playing. Open pvp is where you can take any thing from pve or gear to the fight it is a bit more unfair but in a game like GW2 its not going to be that big of a differences at the same time your hero feels like your hero.

When you ask for GvG from Anet your asking for it to be in Spvp if your ok with that give it time we should have something like that one day. Being that GvG is just higher numbers for the most part then the stander spvp fight.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

The day they institute GvG is the day they end WvW. Casual players who aren’t interested in hyper-competitive play would be left out in the cold. I suspect that’s the reason they haven’t done it yet.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The day they institute GvG is the day they end WvW. Casual players who aren’t interested in hyper-competitive play would be left out in the cold. I suspect that’s the reason they haven’t done it yet.

I do not think it will end wvw there always going to be a pop. of ppl who want open pvp over close pvp and GvG IS going to be a spvp format.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

how many people is in a fight in GW1’s GvG?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It may not die, but they will need to change things up, because a huge chunk of the WvW player base will simply migrate.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

People have already data mined maps that look like GvG maps. So the whole notion of the CDI being meaningful is really just more to gauge interest and see what rule structure if any will work so that people still play both WvW and GvG.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Which means it wont be implemented for at least next 6-9 months. Maybe by the 4th GW2 birthday we’ll finally have GvG, unfortunately by that time, I doubt there will be anyone left there who wants to play it.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The week I bought this game I came here to the forum to post a thread titled: “Where is the GvG mode?”

GvG was such a memorable and defining game mode of GW1 that I bought GW2 for it.

It was quite a mystery to me why they would take an amazing game mode as GvG and reduce it to the current PvP game mode, discarding what they had worked so kitten in GW1, a true balanced eSport game type with real teams.

So will they release GvG for GW2 somewhere 3 years after the release? Probably not considering how much they have ignored requests for a come back of this game type.

If I was Anet’s manager the development focus would all be Guild based: GvG, Guild Halls, Guild missions, Guild capes, Guild raids, better Guild representation in WvW, etc. But I’m not, so we get the Living Story instead.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Its a mode that I do not miss.

However, there are a few people who salivate over the prospect of getting it, so I hope it shows up for them.

SBI

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If they’re only starting to talk about GvG now, it means at least a year, probably two before it happens (if ever). Looking at the current state of WvW and the type of gimmicks they’re calling WvW “updates,” do you think WvW will even survive long enough for GvG to make an impact on it?

Posted by: exp.3178

exp.3178

why did you made this topic?
it is made before

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

You do realize that guilds do GvG’s already in OS? I’ve even heard of some GvG’s happening in EotM but getting both guilds on the same IP can be difficult. All people want is a GvG mode so guilds can GvG against each other regardless of which server they are on. This won’t have any affect on the casual player and won’t end WvW. If anything, it’ll bring old players back to the game.

Jade Quarry since Beta

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Rather than ask for GvG after 2+ years, I’d ask if there will be new dungeons after 2+ years.

Its unheard of, for a MMO to not release a new dungeon after all this time. Afterall, dungeons/raids are the core of MMO’s. Its why a party is formed, where friendships are forged, and its that bond that creates a Guild. And it all revolves around dungeons/raids.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Ok this might be unrelated but I really hate seeing it pop up so often these days.

Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 are not named after the idea of GvG. It has nothing to do with the pvp aspect of the game.

The name of the franchise is a reference to its old lore – a state of conflict which lead to certain events both before and during the first game. This state of conflict between the human factions of GW1 was called :

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

Thank you!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”