20 slot fractal box question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hunnybun.1380

hunnybun.1380

If a box prioritizes green items and a blue item drops, will it be excluded from that box and be placed somewhere else randomly?

If so then it doesn’t seem very useful …

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I have a masterwork (green) and rare (yellow) box on my main from fractals. They receive the items that share their level first then as your bags fill if you’re out of space they’ll accept other items.

I like them because I throw my greens in the MF and like collecting a big stack of rares before selling or salvaging. This keeps these items clear and sorted while the rest I can quickly pick through to do what I need to with them.

The boxes and bags that are ment for certain types of items suit peoples needs and styles of inventory management. If it’s not for you, then it just isn’t. Sorry. I like my specialized bags.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If you place the box as your last bag OP you will have no issues. The box will only fill with blue and any other items once all your other bags are filled up. It’s all about placement of bags when their uses come into play.

My main has a 20 slot box in his first slot which I forget what it holds but it is always filled 100% of the time with his weapons, tonics etc. His second slot holds the original 20 slot bag we all start with and is for a second armour set (zerker) and fun things like fireworks etc so this is always filled as well and usually minimized.

Then I have random bags and lastly a 20 slot bag to hold rares, after that a 20 slot to hold exotics and last of all a 12 slot to hold only junk – that is vendor trash trophies so I never ever have to see them lol. This setup works perfectly for me and yes I have all 8 bag slots opened up.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Blue items do not get sorted by priority into the Masterwork Fractal box, no.

However, if you craft the Equipment Boxes via Armorsmithing, white and blue items will get sorted into there by default, while greens go into the Masterwork Fractal box.