2013: What's Left to do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So in the looking ahead blog we were told what to expect in the second half of 2013. This is a list of what we still haven’t recieved and have to look forward to in the next 2 months:

1. New skills
2. New traits
3. New methods to obtain skill points Already added, forgot that was after the blog post.
4. Armor crafting to 500
5. Ascended amor
6. Precursor Crafting*
7. New legendary weapons*
8. New legendary “items” (revealed to be “trinkets” in other posts)*
9. Election Fractal
10. Legendary weapons in PvP
11. New map types in PvP
12. Hinted at PvE skin collection method tab thingy
13. Wintersday

*Most likely being pushed to early 2014

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

It looks like the next 2 months will have much more content in them then the last 4 months have and there should be a lot of exciting stuff coming up.

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

1: Already added technically.
3: Already added.
6, 7, 8: Confirmed to most likely miss the deadline.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Although it might not be considered much, there is a new way to obtain skill points, and a new skill was introduced. I am not sure if WvW is considered PvP, but there is a new map there…for some. Skyhammer was released in the second half of the year, as well, but I’ve no idea if that falls under ‘new map type’, or not.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

14. Starting one of what will sure to be countless threads over the next 2 months arguing semantics over what we have and haven’t been given, have and haven’t be told to expect, who is and who isn’t entitled and who isn’t interpreting things said.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

1: Already added technically.
3: Already added.
6, 7, 8: Confirmed to most likely miss the deadline.

I’ll give you 3.

6,7,8 is unfortunate but not surprising

1, there is no way they will be able to convince me or anyone else that 1 single heal skill counts towards the new skills. They specifically mention skills for all classes giving greater build diversity, which has not yet happened.

This is just a list of what they said was coming this year. I know things are subject to change, but i’m just going by what they said they wanted to get in. 3 of those things on the list probably aren’t going to make it, but that still leaves a lot more.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But it IS a skill, and it is a skill for all classes. Sure it is not skills, but it is still a skill and can be considered fulfilling that point.

The only thing a thread like this will do however is create hate and flaming if they miss one of the goals, especially when the list involves stuff that have already been added and/or confirmed to most likely not make it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Honestly I think they would claim #2 has been fulfilled with the balance patches, and just push the rest into “looking ahead for 2014”.

The game desperately needs new skills to freshen it up, but they are so blinded by pushing out “content” they have forgotten that the things we actually use to play that content are old, tired and boring.

My character using the same 10 skills in level 500 armour is just the same to me as my character using those skills in level 400 armour.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2