2015 to 2016? What do we want more of!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fayour.6920

Fayour.6920

I believe anet has done a decent job this time around, however, I would like to see more rewarding content. As of right now you are able to complete the raid for decent rewards one time per week, then continue it until you shard cap. You can do dungeons for an unrewarding experience, and yes I know dungeons are stale content, and should be easy farm mode for everyone at this stage of the game but there should be some incentive given to play those every once in a while. Fractals you can do every day if you like, but only get rewards from the daily. The fractal encryptions have been increased to compensate a bit, but I believe that the concept of fractals has been greatly faulted.

With that being said, firstly, I would like to touch up on fractals. Everyone is farming the easy ones. As with electricity it is human nature to take the path of least resistance. We need something challenging, yet rewarding and repeatable. Im not talking an easy farm, but if you accomplish the tasks at hand, you should be rewarded. This promotes guilds and groups of players to form together to enjoy aspects of the game more. So instead of being cut off from all rewards after your first completion it should work in a tiered method where you get Diminishing Returns for helping your friends opposed to absolutely nothing but a warm fuzzy feeling. In today’s Guild Wars 2 its more of a casual passing your friends by waving and leaving. Fractals to do all the dailies takes about 30-40 minutes and the rewards are RNGSus and a few gold. The 30 40 50 fractals I used to do yielded me good drops. It felt good going in there and seeing ascended armor chests, even if they weren’t mine. Fractals need to go back to the 10 level scaling for rewards honestly, and those levels should require at least a random fractal and a boss fractal (Maw, Trin, or Duo). Maybe spice it up and give us some SAB bosses as a fractal? The code is there, might as well use it.

With dungeons you could farm them every single day with rewards peaking about 40-50g per day on average. This took a long time- about 3-4 hours with a good team, and about 8 hours with pugs who arent on a communication network being coordinated. Ultimately there was a lot of work to be done to get that kind of cash flow going, but now we rely on events such as wintersday to get a decent chunk of change. Even still it takes like 2 hours to farm 600 boxes. These rewards should go back to what they used to be or increased to a flat 1g per dungeon. This gives the F2P guys a chance to farm up some coin so they can gem store heart of thorns if they or their parents dont have the money for them to enjoy what you guys have available (I know its a rare case and you have a business to run, but that doesnt mean they cant throw 10 bucks or so at the gemstore every so often something new and exciting comes out).

Raids are doing great, the rewards are pretty nice, at least until the double rewards runs out. They are challenging, take skill, take coordination, and require people to be nearly flawless. The rewards match the skill requirement. However, this can only be done once a week so after that you once again have no incentive to get back in there and wreck things and help people out. At least give people daily boss chests inside the raid, that would be cool.

Lastly I know there are other areas of the game to explore such as PvP and WvW, but those, at least in my perspective, are like mini games. They are fun things to do between other things. Other people say the same about PVE. I would like to open all this up for discussion, and see what kind of input people would like aside from myself for GW2.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

What do I want more of?

The delivery of content based on the original manifesto. The F2P/Expansion DLC/skin-moneygrab is a sad state of affairs for how little we’ve seen aside from some pretty maps in the past few years. MMO’s prosper on persistent worlds. Why do I feel like we’re just on a new map treadmill where the “good stuff” is always-moving to new maps? We’re not on a level or gear treadmill, but it kitten ed well feels like it, because there’s zero incentive to go back to previous zones that nobody occupies.

ANet to start focusing instead of trying to fix everything at once. HoT’s attempts to make changes to everything shows how big of a blunder the mentality of “change it all” can result in. The product feels unfinished, concepts are unpolished, there is a lack of depth in content necessary for an MMO world, content is time and money-gated, prior features were blatantly and insultingly removed, and most design solutions seems half-baked before they were rushed to implementation.

Real interaction between company and players when creating and shaping what comes next. ANet’s no-communications policy has created extensive rifts between community and company. We as players do not know what they are doing as to help them through the development process. HoT and prior implementations have proven there is a definite disconnect between us and those in charge of development decisions. The developers and leads frequent third-party media to interact with players more than their official forums. Developers and designers seem afraid their ideas will get shut down by the community before implementation despite the massive negative consequences that will come from such ideas if they were to be implemented. Various examples for HoT including Hero Points, Guild System reworks, and class design have left us with shoddy implementations with limited or no expressed concern. Only when the situation becomes so bad that their primary showcasing stars start to claim failure are actions taken. This is way too far.

Giving us the whole truth. I’m sick of hearing about how great the future of the game will be via features X and Y, which seem great, but these features come bundled with unannounced features and prerequisites A and B which completely destroy other aspects of the game or what was marketed as being a fun and fair service. A massive majority of the problems plaguing the game could have been prevented if the players were involved in the release process, and development time could be cut down immensely if project ideas could get scrapped at their inception versus post-implementation.

Not being afraid to admit failure and undo effort. Even on the rare occasions we’ve seen ANet admit failure due to their no-communications policy, their mentality has largely been “deal with it for now and we’ll fix it… eventually… maybe.” Some of the new implementations are absolutely abysmal failures. Reverting these changes promptly is sometimes necessary, and even the biggest, most successful companies in the world admit when they screw up and drop whatever they’re doing to fix and undo changes. Change isn’t always good, and when it isn’t, it’s important to go back before even more damage happens.

I feel like all I’m describing is what are considered as good business and software engineering practices. Why a successful company is floundering here I genuinely don’t understand.

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Quaggans.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

YES. More much-needed quaggan love.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

We need much more grind!

Well, it’s the only thing we could ask for that ANet will actually give us.

Second to that, I would like a Quaggan slayer achievement.

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

MOAR:

• Balance!!!!!
  • PvP Game Types (because it only works with balanced games)!!!!!!!
  • Elite Specializations (Thief Rifle, OH Sword, dual foci pls)!!!!!!
  • Super Adventure Box!!!!!
Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

good communication. start with that. until then, i’ll get my daily logins and log out.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

Tengu , largos, kodan as races to be playable.

And for them to make the warrior viable again by giving it a GOOD specialization.

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Spoons.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: TexasRanger.5107

TexasRanger.5107

good communication. start with that. until then, i’ll get my daily logins and log out.

Don’t hold your breath the jerks keeps saying we will improve our communication with the community then nothing happens. The forum is just a big joke of a PR front and for moderators to abuse forum powers with heavy handed tactics with their hypocrisy. Making up rules on the fly to hand out infractions, insult you with false accusations in infractions PM, then ignore your infraction appeals.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Skins – Like, hello? That_Shaman put together a post today with something like, nearly a dozen unused skins in that didn’t come out in Heart of Thorns. The number of skins released in HoT was disappointing as well. 2014 had more skins come out during it than HoT, which is quite shameful, considering all the updates in 2014 were free and HoT was a paid expansion.

For the rest of what I want, I think DeceiverX has hit the nail on the head with this one, but theres a few extra things I have to add.

The Manifesto – Once again, DecieverX is on-point with this, but i’d like to point out that the game is going dangerously in the direction of a “traditional” MMO, which is the fundamental philosophy that GuildWars2 was designed to destroy, and it’s being driven that way by an ultra-loud minority who run around saying “GW2 is too easy, give me ultra-hard mode. I want time-intensive goals.” for the audience that GW2 is intended for (parents, people with careers and high-maintenance lives) GW2 has always had the right balance, but its just that 1% minority who won’t shut up about how “easy” everything is that gets it their way, and now the game is turning into another WorldOfWarfraft/Everquest clone with unreasonable time goals and generic systems like the introduction of traditional “raids”.

Insight – If nothing is off the table, what is ON the table? – Most developers who ive watched for long periods of time generally hype their updates for weeks in advance, whereas with GW2, we don’t know when the updates are coming until they’re basically due. I get most of my news from That_Shaman, because his posts on Reddit and Twitter are more insightful than the official posts because devs are so cagey and silent about development. How’s Jon Peters? That Revenant Devstream he did was the most insightful thing we had all year. That man is a role-model.

Lore – Ill be honest, the story in this game is the main reason why I play, but the way lore was handled with Heart of Thorns was a flaming wreckage (a bit like the Pact Fleet was.). I can see the very heavy foreshadowing going on that suggests LS3 will be about Revenants and Elite Specializations, which is 100% fine, but im more freaked out over the whole miss-match that happened at the very end with the whole “Enter my mind” business (no spoilers). Also, Who in the name of the Khan-Ur is Crysanthea?! Who is she?! Where did you find her?! This overwhelmingly charismatic Sylvari with no prior quarrel decides she wants to wreck a dragon with me…okay?

On an unrelated note, i’d like to see the return of the short-stories, and just other general lore-nuggets that were being thrown around during and shortly after Launch. I’d love to see short stories explaining thinks like, who is Crysanthea? Rytlock’s adventure in The Mists, or accounts of what happened during the Pact Fleet crash, since the player-character wasn’t actually there to witness it. I’d love to hear about Skybreaker. What happened to her during the crash? How did she lose her squad? Did she ever find them? How many of them died? I also feel like theres a whole plethora of unsung heroes who don’t get heard of during the Modremoth arc. Its always about “The Pact this, Pact members did that.”, when a lot of people who went to Maguuma are Seraph, Charr Legion troops, independent contractors and volunteers. We saw a lot of characters like this in Orr such as Snarl Backdraft, Galina Edgecrusher and Elli, so why don’t characters of similar background appears in Maguuma? We saw plenty in The Silverwastes who seemingly vanished.

Time – Expanding on the lore bit, I get that Maguuma will eternally have to be locked into 1328AE’s timeline to keep HoT content relevant, but can we please fix Fort Salma, Scalecatch and Concorde? Those 3 areas do not need to be time-warped like Orr currently is. Speaking of areas that don’t need to be time-warped, since dungeons are now redundant on a mechanical level after the rewards nerf, can we know what happened to those areas after 1325AE? For example, what happened in Fireheart Rise after the events of Citadel of Flames? Or what about Path of Starry Skies in Frostgorge Sound? Surely that city is quite built-up by now since it’s construction started in 1325AE. Its been 3 years.

May 2016 be a good one. I won’t sleep until I know exactly what Revenants are.

(edited by Argon.1563)

Posted by: Tashigi.3159

Tashigi.3159

Ultra Turbo Super Adventure Box: Hyper Fighting Edition!

Posted by: Fayour.6920

Fayour.6920

I think these are all really good things, keep em coming and this post might actually get an official response… At the rate this game is going it will be dead by 2017. I think compared to how many copies of GW2 (Standard) and GW2 Heart Of Thorn sold is probably like 65%… Many people have quit before HoT, and HoT is way worse than the classic version of the game.. We paid roughly $10.00 USD per map… Not worth it.

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

Costume brawl toys and a bugfix for Aviator’s Memory Box + Gliding.

Posted by: Supernaut.2684

Supernaut.2684

You all are doing this wrong. Here’s how this thread should read:

“ANet devs, please nerf all our skills and abilities. We are way too powerful right now. And nerf all gold and item drops, too. We’re earning far too much in this game, and it’s ruining it for all of us. And more RNG, too. K, thanx.”

(edited by Supernaut.2684)

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

For the rest of what I want, I think DeceiverX has hit the nail on the head with this one, but theres a few extra things I have to add.

The Manifesto – Once again, DecieverX is on-point with this, but i’d like to point out that the game is going dangerously in the direction of a “traditional” MMO, which is the fundamental philosophy that GuildWars2 was designed to destroy, and it’s being driven that way by an ultra-loud minority who run around saying “GW2 is too easy, give me ultra-hard mode. I want time-intensive goals.” for the audience that GW2 is intended for (parents, people with careers and high-maintenance lives) GW2 has always had the right balance, but its just that 1% minority who won’t shut up about how “easy” everything is that gets it their way, and now the game is turning into another WorldOfWarfraft/Everquest clone with unreasonable time goals and generic systems like the introduction of traditional “raids”.

Insight – If nothing is off the table, what is ON the table? – Most developers who ive watched for long periods of time generally hype their updates for weeks in advance, whereas with GW2, we don’t know when the updates are coming until they’re basically due. I get most of my news from That_Shaman, because his posts on Reddit and Twitter are more insightful than the official posts because devs are so cagey and silent about development. How’s Jon Peters? That Revenant Devstream he did was the most insightful thing we had all year. That man is a role-model.

Lore – Ill be honest, the story in this game is the main reason why I play, but the way lore was handled with Heart of Thorns was a flaming wreckage (a bit like the Pact Fleet was.). I can see the very heavy foreshadowing going on that suggests LS3 will be about Revenants and Elite Specializations, which is 100% fine, but im more freaked out over the whole miss-match that happened at the very end with the whole “Enter my mind” business (no spoilers). Also, Who in the name of the Khan-Ur is Crysanthea?! Who is she?! Where did you find her?! This overwhelmingly charismatic Sylvari with no prior quarrel decides she wants to wreck a dragon with me…okay?

On an unrelated note, i’d like to see the return of the short-stories, and just other general lore-nuggets that were being thrown around during and shortly after Launch. I’d love to see short stories explaining thinks like, who is Crysanthea? Rytlock’s adventure in The Mists, or accounts of what happened during the Pact Fleet crash, since the player-character wasn’t actually there to witness it. I’d love to hear about Skybreaker. What happened to her during the crash? How did she lose her squad? Did she ever find them? How many of them died? I also feel like theres a whole plethora of unsung heroes who don’t get heard of during the Modremoth arc. Its always about “The Pact this, Pact members did that.”, when a lot of people who went to Maguuma are Seraph, Charr Legion troops, independent contractors and volunteers. We saw a lot of characters like this in Orr such as Snarl Backdraft, Galina Edgecrusher and Elli, so why don’t characters of similar background appears in Maguuma? We saw plenty in The Silverwastes who seemingly vanished.

Time – Expanding on the lore bit, I get that Maguuma will eternally have to be locked into 1328AE’s timeline to keep HoT content relevant, but can we please fix Fort Salma, Scalecatch and Concorde? Those 3 areas do not need to be time-warped like Orr currently is. Speaking of areas that don’t need to be time-warped, since dungeons are now redundant on a mechanical level after the rewards nerf, can we know what happened to those areas after 1325AE? For example, what happened in Fireheart Rise after the events of Citadel of Flames? Or what about Path of Starry Skies in Frostgorge Sound? Surely that city is quite built-up by now since it’s construction started in 1325AE. Its been 3 years.

May 2016 be a good one. I won’t sleep until I know exactly what Revenants are.

All of this. But please, LORE and a breathing world!!!
I can barely walk into Orr without being reminded that the fight with Zhaitan was long ago and nothing has changed in Orr. I am asking for some minor cosmetics here, Anet, not your redesign of Orr into a landscape with flowery grass and bunnies everywhere. If you can not live with yourself when you do that, at least let the risen be pushed back on the beginner map of the sylvary and replace them with different opponents, maybe easy going Mushrooms. It´s just that what I ask for, some visible success that is neither a skin or an achievement. You could do it in lions arch, without players haunting you for it I might add, why can´t you do it in other places? Because of F2P? Because changing maps failed in the past? I don´t know, but Tyria feels as lifeless as any other MMO after you have seen it all. It even has a progressing story, why is it so blatantly ignored?
Nightmare Court! Inquestur! Tengu! Dredge! What are these guys doing except getting slaughtered over and over again?
Turn dungeons into fractals and dungeons into raids if you are so keen of having them. Imagine for example a dredge military action in sorrows embrace that sweps out into the open world with the introduction of the raid to present it to the players.
Or the nightmare court is looking for a new direction.
An inquestur scientist is searching for a doomsday weapon left behind by Scarlet.

It is a sad state the dungeons are in except for them to pose as role model for failed content.

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

I want

More elite specializations

More weapon/armor skins WITHOUT SKIRTS OR TRENCHCOATS. You need to totally inundate us with skins. Pump them out like crazy. Make sure there’s a good mix of stuff available through regular gameplay and gem store, but drop a load of them on us.

More Legendaries, especially Longbow/Shortbow/Pistol which have rather narrow appeal.

Make all ascended trinket stat sets have the same availability (I should be able to buy Assassins from laurel vendor, for example), do a pass through of stat set availability in general: sets that aren’t necessarily superior shouldn’t be harder to get (see berserkers vs. sinister)

Allow dye-able weapons

LW S3 and 4! More zones to explore! More masteries!

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

More content and gearsets, less grind and gemstore.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

gotta say emotes and more skins (and more revealing skins for both genders) at the near top of my list. been playing ff14 while waiting for something (anything!) to happen in gw2 and frankly i’ve been blown away with the emotes and fun and revealing costumes in ff14.

reminds me so much of the fun in everquest2 with so many emotes (i got a different dance emote for completing a quest in ff14). and the costumes-so much fun to see the character models in revealing armors…makes gw2 feels stodgy and stingy.

anyways-more character customization is top of my list.

notes- this is just one races thread with costumes in ff14 (arguably nsfw ) http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64427-Show-your-Roe%21%21/page156
started here because some of the older pages the images aren’t showing.

(edited by Selkirk.4218)

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

More masteries! + SAB

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

• More frequent balance patches. – Eventually they will get it right.
  • More frequent reward adjustments. – Eventually they will get it right, right?
  • Less gem store skins releases. – It just makes them (ANet) look bad.
Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Wishlist time? Fine.

-Pets finally being optional on ranger

-Ranger 1h sword rooting issue finally being fixed. (just remove the bloody leap already)

-More weapon skills. Have 2-3 options for each weapon skill.

-More of each type of skill. (More minions, wells, shouts, signets, traps, etc)

-More in-game rewards. Not everything needs to be in the gemstore.

-More dungeons.

-Tengu as a playable race.

-Centaur as a playable race.

-Cantha and Elona.

-Gliding brought into the base game.

-A complete separation of PvP and PvE skills.

-More non-trenchcoat options for male medium armours.

-More non-gemstore armours in general.

-A comprehensive set of options for graphics. (See all, See minimal, See all friendly w/ minimal enemy, See all enemy w/ minimal friendly)

-A more gw1 lore based set of storylines. (I can’t be the only one sick of the sylvari fetish that is our ONLY story?)

-Tuning of the world bosses so that they are a bit more challenging, without turning them into Teq or triple wurm.

-Account bound permanent weapons being auto-equipped on all our chars. (Have a checkbox for this so that it’s optional for those who want it.)

-I would say more communication, but we know that’s not going to happen.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

More “I want Anime styles” threads. That was a wonderful thread and I’d like to see that as repeated content.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

Make Raids more PUG-able. I’m quite sick that this elitist content exists in this game. It’s not what this game was aimed for at!

More content in general. This year was a disaster in all honesty.

If I had to make a big, final decision, however, it would be that Anet would have a better internal communication. I heard many complaints of a friend of mine that works there. Apparently the higher-up’s scrap and change so many things last minute that it makes work conditions quasi unbearable.

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Did anet ever listen to these forums? I mean even the betatesters were ignored.

Their manifesto
<iframe width=“1280” height=“720” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/35BPhT-KI1E” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Not so accurate.

(edited by Extreme.8350)